BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,280
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 45 of 48 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 48
Re: Boys 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe the word that should have been used there is surpasses 😂

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Surpasses is a synonym of outpasses. They both mean the same. They borh can be used interchangeably.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we got some real wordasaurus' here today... Igloo stinks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard true blue has some big time players trying out. Should be interesting to see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at igloo tryouts yesterday, other then the igloo helmets and one attacker with an express helmet not much talent there. Before you start the express kid is not mine, we are hoping for the B team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well one thing is for certain, I am staying far away from this club. How is it even enjoyable? There has been so much silent drama. Have a great weekend at NLF.

Im with you.
Crossing 91 tryouts off the list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard true blue has some big time players trying out. Should be interesting to see.

The better players go to the best teams. True Blue is solid, but still 7 to 10 goals worse than Express. That’s too big a gap to close. Express is the best team in the age this year. That’s where the “big time” players will go. And I didn’t hear that, it’s my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we got some real wordasaurus' here today... Igloo stinks

What does the wordsaurus comment have to do with igloo???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is “outpasses” a word?

Eat our dust!

This is too funny. How much more of a dimwit can you show yourself to be.

Yes "outpass" is a word. Let me introduce you to the dictionary.

outpass. Verb. (third-person singular simple present outpasses, present participle outpassing, simple past and past participle outpassed) To surpass or exceed. (sports) To pass the ball more skilfully than.

You are such a sad little man.

You used it incorrectly dope.

Eat our dust. Come get some baby!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The better players go to the best teams. True Blue is solid, but still 7 to 10 goals worse than Express. That’s too big a gap to close. Express is the best team in the age this year. That’s where the “big time” players will go. And I didn’t hear that, it’s my opinion.

I agree plenty of players will try out for Express. But Express has already a huge player load. And many many good players.

Some parents of good players will stay with Express for the training, even though their kid is not getting playing time.
But there are others on Express now, or who will tryout, with talented players who are only playing 2nd or 3rd line who realise they could be starters somewhere else.

And with teams like Igloo, True Blue, LI R-U-S-H (former Ducks), Rebels out there who play the A level tournaments, these talented players will have a greater possibility of becoming starters and getting more playtime due to smaller rosters.

After all what fun is it for a talented kid who loves lacrosse to be on a team where he doesnt get real playtime in tournaments.
Of course to each there own.
But U do believe you will see a movement of many talented kids to these other teams. Which I think is great because it will produce some real competition on the island.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well one thing is for certain, I am staying far away from this club. How is it even enjoyable? There has been so much silent drama. Have a great weekend at NLF.

Great kids, great families, great gear and great tournaments. Give it a try, you won’t regret it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Surpasses is a synonym of outpasses. They both mean the same. They borh can be used interchangeably.

Only an illiterate would use outpasses that way. The thesaurus is a dangerous thing when it is placed in the wrong hands. You are the prime example. Keep it simple, “See spot run”.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
91 vs Chan coming up in the semis. Finals on ESPN tomorrow

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
10-3 Chan over 91. They are the best team hands down in age group. And that’s a fact!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Chan 2025 lost to Primetime a couple weeks ago, whats your excuse for that?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Bladerunner

They are the best in the age group this season. Because I am of the belief success is often marked by wins over the course of a season, not an occasional loss. But hey, just my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only an illiterate would use outpasses that way. The thesaurus is a dangerous thing when it is placed in the wrong hands. You are the prime example. Keep it simple, “See spot run”.

You should keep it simple and stick to " see spot run".

Unfortanately you will continue to have difficulty grasping what the rest of us say due to your limited vocabulary.
Oh well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxFacts

They are the best in the age group this season. Because I am of the belief success is often marked by wins over the course of a season, not an occasional loss. But hey, just my opinion.

The Express team is a very strong team. Although winning where the majority of kids are not played, doesnt seem like a particularly satisfactory win for the majority of the kids on the team.

I find more interesting how much Express North has improved this year.
They gave Chan's team a real challenge in the Championship game.

There is no doubt that the 2 best teams were in the Championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Express team is a very strong team. Although winning where the majority of kids are not played, doesnt seem like a particularly satisfactory win for the majority of the kids on the team.

No doubt? The two best teams? You sure of that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes I am.

Express North won all of their games prior to the Championship.
And thry only lost by 1 goal to Chan's team.

All other teams lost by a significant number of goals to Chan. Even 91 lost by 7 goals.

Clearly Express North coaches have done a fantastic job training their team this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes I am.

All other teams lost by a significant number of goals to Chan. Even 91 lost by 7 goals.

Clearly Express North coaches have done a fantastic job training their team this season.

Did you beat 91 or Express this year? Both teams beat you and each other this year. Didn’t 91 beat you twice? You are not 2nd best. Better luck next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes I am.

Did you beat 91 or Express this year? Both teams beat you and each other this year. Didn’t 91 beat you twice? You are not 2nd best. Better luck next year.

Im not from Express North. So I am making an objective observation.

In fact, didnt you lose a game in the fall to Express North? Im pretty sure you did.

The fact is 91 wasnt even competitive against Chan's team in the NLF championship.
Express North clearly was.

Its really poor sportsmanship to constantly make excuses, as many of you seem to continually do.

It doesnt mean 91 is a bad team, but this tournament showed by the end of this season Express North is better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes I am.

In fact, didnt you lose a game in the fall to Express North? Im pretty sure you did.

The fact is 91 wasnt even competitive against Chan's team in the NLF championship.

Its really poor sportsmanship to constantly make excuses, as many of you seem to continually do.

It doesnt mean 91 is a bad team, but this tournament showed by the end of this season Express North is better.

No one counts fall ball. It is silly to do so. So silly, I won’t bother to enumerate why.

91 was completely embarrassed by Express. No denying that.

Now as to a competitive final, you people need to give Chan more credit. He’s by far the smarted coach in the age group. There is no money in blowing out Express North. It’s the opposite. By not crushing them, he positions them exactly as you said. The #2 team. More money for him. If you look at the record for the season, North hasn’t beaten 91. Close, but no cigar. Both are good teams. You have to acknowledge the Chan has a financial interest in making North appear competitive in the NLF.

In youth sports as in most things, follow to money to find the truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone go to Legacy tryouts these last 2 days? Are the Geese cooled?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes I am.

No one counts fall ball. It is silly to do so. So silly, I won’t bother to enumerate why.

91 was completely embarrassed by Express. No denying that.

Now as to a competitive final, you people need to give Chan more credit. He’s by far the smarted coach in the age group. There is no money in blowing out Express North. It’s the opposite. By not crushing them, he positions them exactly as you said. The #2 team. More money for him. If you look at the record for the season, North hasn’t beaten 91. Close, but no cigar. Both are good teams. You have to acknowledge the Chan has a financial interest in making North appear competitive in the NLF.

In youth sports as in most things, follow to money to find the truth.

[/quote]

Wow!
So your saying Chan fixed the game to be only 1 goal apart?

You are being delusional because you cant face another team at the end of the season is performing better than yours.

Everything is an excuse. What will destroy your team the most is the inability to acknowledge your weaknesses.

And your game against a really good team like Express should not be an embarassment.
Failure is an opportunity to learn and improve.

What is an embarassment is that you would term your kids losing to the top team as an embarassment.
Way to go shooting down the self esteem of your own kids. I mean thats disgusting.

You want to teach your kids not to be afraid of failure. And use it as a teaching moment.

You need to get a clue.
And if this is what your coaches are teaching your kids and in turn you are picking up as parents, then they should be ashamed also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone go to Legacy tryouts these last 2 days? Are the Geese cooled?

Cooled?????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is exactly what I'm saying. Chan fixed the game. Express North has no chance of beating him. None. Zero. Do I have to spell it out for you?

N O N E

Z E R O C H A N C E

If it's a close game, it's because Chan wants it to be. Express North isn't even on the same planet as Express Chan. The kids are better players, they're more polished, better practiced and better coached. If you think Express North is almost as good as Express Chan, you are believing exactly what Chan wants you to believe. Now, cut the check and pay up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cooked....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is exactly what I'm saying. Chan fixed the game. Express North has no chance of beating him. None. Zero. Do I have to spell it out for you?

N O N E

Z E R O C H A N C E

If it's a close game, it's because Chan wants it to be. Express North isn't even on the same planet as Express Chan. The kids are better players, they're more polished, better practiced and better coached. If you think Express North is almost as good as Express Chan, you are believing exactly what Chan wants you to believe. Now, cut the check and pay up.

Delusional is the only word for you.

Chan is such a master puppeteer, that when he was 5 goals ahead
- he coached his kids to allow Express North to catch up
- better yet he instructed his kid to allow Express North to tie it up
- and he figured it would be even better for sales if Express North was winning more than half the way through the game, so he instructed his kids to allow that to happen
- only then did he change the pace of the game coaching his team to get 2 more goals this way they only won by 1 goal.

Wow! Chan seems to have some really magical abilities. And his kids are phenomenal if they can put on such an act, deviating from their normal playing ability to pull that off.

Based on your view of Chan, it seems it was probably a great marketing ploy to set it up so 91 won by one goal in that past tournament in order to do a big show and pummel you in this one. That really would show the ability of his team. That must be the case based on your reasoning.

Chan, if you are out there, do you know that 91 parents feel you have godlike abilities as a coach.
Build the temple.
They will come.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

N O N E

Z E R O C H A N C E

That may be the silliest thing I have ever read on BOTC. They were down 5-1 and came back and won. You really think that is orchestrated? Now you can read my opinion on how the clubs ranked at seasons end and call me silly.

*1 - Express - fall to summer was the most consistent
2 - 91 - moved forward and got things on track
3 - Igloo - definitely added and the team improved
*4 - Legacy - They’ll be fine and probably better off in the long run
*5 - S2S - definitely an up and comer and should continue to improve
6 - Force - lotsa talent with this group and well coached
7- TB - same as Force
*8- old Ducks- probably could be higher, but solid nonetheless
9 - Roar - yes, they are solid
10 - Empire - could be better, but not enough team practice time

* denotes club had 2nd team last year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is very good. Would have been nice to see them play the Hawks or Tribal from NJ. Does anyone know why both pulled out of NLF or were they asked not to come?

NLF did not have the top 2025 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

N O N E

Z E R O C H A N C E

That may be the silliest thing I have ever read on BOTC. They were down 5-1 and came back and won. You really think that is orchestrated? Now you can read my opinion on how the clubs ranked at seasons end and call me silly.

7- TB - same as Force

Im assuming you are ranking long island teams. Otherwise Express North should be in the 2 spot.
I agree with most of it, but I think Li rebels will improve a lot now that it has seperated from Dynamic. And I think it will improve a lot better than Legacy.
It has multiple strong coaches. Should be 4. (Possible it could be more next year)
Legacy has Chris Fiore, but needs to invest more in giving Chris more qualified defense coaches and assistants. Not just dads. For now it would be 5.
Empire should not be on the list. It has difficulty with many B teams. Not even close.
If you want to put a 10 on list, then I would put the Knights. Solid team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

N O N E

Z E R O C H A N C E

Delusional is the only word for you.

Chan is such a master puppeteer, that when he was 5 goals ahead
- he coached his kids to allow Express North to catch up
- better yet he instructed his kid to allow Express North to tie it up
- and he figured it would be even better for sales if Express North was winning more than half the way through the game, so he instructed his kids to allow that to happen
- only then did he change the pace of the game coaching his team to get 2 more goals this way they only won by 1 goal.

Wow! Chan seems to have some really magical abilities. And his kids are phenomenal if they can put on such an act, deviating from their normal playing ability to pull that off.

Based on your view of Chan, it seems it was probably a great marketing ploy to set it up so 91 won by one goal in that past tournament in order to do a big show and pummel you in this one. That really would show the ability of his team. That must be the case based on your reasoning.

Chan, if you are out there, do you know that 91 parents feel you have godlike abilities as a coach.
Build the temple.
They will come.

Who said anything about 91? Shows what you know. Very little. Like you have no clue that about how the world really works. But you go back to your little snowflake and tell him how he almost beat Express. Hah.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

N O N E

Z E R O C H A N C E

7- TB - same as Force

True Blue is 2-1 against force and 2-0 against shore 2 shore. They also went 3-2 while legacy went 1-3-1 in the Tri Star lax clash

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

N O N E

Z E R O C H A N C E

7- TB - same as Force

True Blue is 2-1 against force and 2-0 against shore 2 shore. They also went 3-2 while legacy went 1-3-1 in the Tri Star lax clash

I agree, TB should be 4 or 5. Force and Ducks are better than S2S.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

N O N E

Z E R O C H A N C E

7- TB - same as Force

Fair enough. But 3 through 8 are all very good teams and all can beat one another, so ranking is probably wrong. . I think if those teams can retain and add a key pieces over the next two years, by 8th grade it will be some group of talent at the age. Point is no need to leave a susscessful team because they are not #1or # 2. Trust the process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 beat North in that fall Tournament Final
Chan wins first NLF
91 Beat North at TriStar (where North lost 3 games). 91 Beat Chan in OT going undefeated
Chan beats both 91 and North at NLF. Even though Express LI pounded 91, a loss is a loss.

Common thing here is North never pulled out any of the tournament wins that most folks would say are needed to jump over 91.

Have to objectively give 2nd to 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing that S2S parents are nervous about tryouts next week. Expecting a huge turnout of good players from other programs that are dissatisfied with their kids run time. Could be a big thing for year 2 of their 2025 program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we stop with the “I hear” and “a lot of talent at tryouts” nonsense. How about facts. The starters rarely leave top teams and if they do, they don’t need to tryout to make the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My point was that there is a lot of talent on certain teams that never see the field. If their parents are smart they find a team where their kid can get playing time in order to improve as a player. Inevitably this will displace other kids from less talented programs. What's the point if your kid is on a team that wins but they never see the field?

Page 45 of 48 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard