BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 79 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 78 79
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Plenty of help brought in by teams in the nxt spring league. Just shows how far youth lacrosse needs to go to get out of the cespool!!

Some close calls and a few upsets this past weekend

Yes, quite a tight game between Uprising and Brotherly Love. I assume the original poster is suggesting HHH players joined the fun.

And Tri-State, who didn't play very well the entire tournament, took down Freedom. Are you implying that Tri-State brought in ringers or that Freedom's help had to leave before 4 to beat traffic back to Long Island?

Certainly not implying anything, the results speak for themselves. But if a certain program has a reputation for bringing in players and they under performed (or over performed), that speaks for itself as well. Not sure how Tri-State runs their program, they were in the middle of the pack for the season, but you do not typically hear a lot of talk about them bringing in players, same can be said for BL. It's not hard to look around the field at a rainbow of helmets to figure things out.

That's ridiculous BL is %100 known for bringing in kids. 2022 uses tons of Freedom kids, 2024 is bringing NXT fogo for Fantastic 12 Event. Everyone does it, but who cares?

Why are you complaining about competitive games? Isn't that why you're having your kids play?

Not complaining about competitive games at all, I think that the NXT games were great this season, regardless of who was on what team. It would just be nice if some people get over the constant comments about who is playing for what team, or who brought in ringers, or not. We all know that certain clubs bring in players, so what, isn't it a good thing that the top players in the region are coming in to play in the league, good for the league and the kids playing in it.
So much of the days of just go with what you got. Teach kids how to handle adverse situations and learn to compete.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty of help brought in by teams in the nxt spring league. Just shows how far youth lacrosse needs to go to get out of the cespool!!

Some close calls and a few upsets this past weekend

Yes, quite a tight game between Uprising and Brotherly Love. I assume the original poster is suggesting HHH players joined the fun.

And Tri-State, who didn't play very well the entire tournament, took down Freedom. Are you implying that Tri-State brought in ringers or that Freedom's help had to leave before 4 to beat traffic back to Long Island?

Certainly not implying anything, the results speak for themselves. But if a certain program has a reputation for bringing in players and they under performed (or over performed), that speaks for itself as well. Not sure how Tri-State runs their program, they were in the middle of the pack for the season, but you do not typically hear a lot of talk about them bringing in players, same can be said for BL. It's not hard to look around the field at a rainbow of helmets to figure things out.

That's ridiculous BL is %100 known for bringing in kids. 2022 uses tons of Freedom kids, 2024 is bringing NXT fogo for Fantastic 12 Event. Everyone does it, but who cares?

Why are you complaining about competitive games? Isn't that why you're having your kids play?

Not complaining about competitive games at all, I think that the NXT games were great this season, regardless of who was on what team. It would just be nice if some people get over the constant comments about who is playing for what team, or who brought in ringers, or not. We all know that certain clubs bring in players, so what, isn't it a good thing that the top players in the region are coming in to play in the league, good for the league and the kids playing in it.

NXT employee much! Why can't you use some of the fee money and set up a player verification process? It would stop all the issues and if successful you could roll it out across all our events.
Nevermind this is youth lacrosse and you don't want to upset the clubs that cheat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote] So much of the days of just go with what you got. Teach kids how to handle adverse situations and learn to compete.
[/quote]

Exactly!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT employee much! Why can't you use some of the fee money and set up a player verification process? It would stop all the issues and if successful you could roll it out across all our events.
Nevermind this is youth lacrosse and you don't want to upset the clubs that cheat.
[/quote]

First things first, not an NXT employee, in fact, the only thing that I like about NXT is the spring league... that being said, not sure that I agree that there are "issues" that can be resolved so easily - teams bring in players, clubs have holdbacks, for better or worse, that is youth lacrosse. Not saying that I agree with the process, but we waste more time discussing something that will not change for the current group of 2024's, 2023's 2022's etc, For better or worse, this is the way that it is going to to be. Moreover, as you suggest above, NXT has absolutely no incentive to roll out a player verification process over all of its events because teams will just find other events that do not care, the drive to Maryland or New England is not that far, and there is always the NLF I completely respect you position, and I wish that things could change, but it is the nature of the beast. As I stated earlier, I happen to really like the spring league, I think that the games are competitive, but I can appreciate the fact that you do not like the process - and next time, spare me the NXT employee nonsense, it does nothing but take away from an otherwise reasonable point that you are making.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT Spring League was the best yet IMO - 2022 was very competitive wiht some more parity.

Dukes (not the loaded national team but the real Dukes Young Guns) lost to Blackstorm in the championship. Some great games too like RR beating Blackstorm and Dukes beating Uprising (HHH)

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rising Sons 2020 lost to FCA, 9-6, and then beat Looneys, 8-7, at Baltimore Summer Kickoff today

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rising Sons 2020 lost to FCA, 9-6, and then beat Looneys, 8-7, at Baltimore Summer Kickoff today

Thanks for the update Tad!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT MELTDOWN thoughts on tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical lacrosse tournament! Bad refs, teams playing down to win championships in B, stupid parents yelling like stunads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the update Tad!

No way that is Tad, he would never post that they lost. And, he is awfully quiet now. They lost 3 games this past weekend too. Nothing to brag about. Karma is coming around to him

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played at the UA tryouts the last two nights. I think it was a great experience for him, but the one thing that I thought was really odd was that there were so many more coaches there on Monday night compared to Tuesday. I would have thought it would have been the exact opposite. Is it like this every year? Just curios

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on with Rising Sons? That club tours itself as the “premier” club in the area, and they have had a mediocre summer at best. They aren’t even playing in too tournaments. What’s up with that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor is RS is merging with BL. Guess it makes sense since Tad will walk away as soon as his kid is done playing.

As far as current RS... once they got uninvited from the NXT spring league and tournaments, their whole program went down the tubes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on with Rising Sons? That club tours itself as the “premier” club in the area, and they have had a mediocre summer at best. They aren’t even playing in too tournaments. What’s up with that?

We’ve been with The 2022 team for a while, but after this year my son will be trying out for other teams, and other parents have told me the same thing. This year has been anything but “premier “

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor is RS is merging with BL. Guess it makes sense since Tad will walk away as soon as his kid is done playing.

As far as current RS... once they got uninvited from the NXT spring league and tournaments, their whole program went down the tubes
They are not uninvited to any NXT events. Fake News!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you are saying they chose not to participate in a spring league? Seems odd because when the 2020 team was in youth grades they played in NXT and HOCO, so why all of a sudden didn’t they offer a spring league? As for the 2020 team, the disbanded, but that was a mess, they got back together, but have been total underachievers. And, they didn’t go to too tournaments this summer. Odd, well, it is almost over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not fake news. After TD broke the high school agreement with NXT they were out of the MAL. You are telling me they voluntarily left a league that they promoted as part of their package to have a few play dates instead??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not fake news. After TD broke the high school agreement with NXT they were out of the MAL. You are telling me they voluntarily left a league that they promoted as part of their package to have a few play dates instead??
go away Hillary

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

go away Hillary

Go back to selling your training laces Tad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

go away Hillary

Guess again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are Rising Sons merging with BL? I know Tad has been trying to merge for years but no clubs have wanted to. It seems odd that RS is moving to Maple Zone, that is a long way from Malvern for sure. I can’t imagine the current members of the teams are very happy about that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

go away Hillary

Guess again

100 percent fact that they were invited to play in the spring league. They just turned it down.

Why would NXT not let them play in the spring league but then turn around and let them play in their 3 summer youth events a month later?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BL Sons merger probably makes sense since most of BL kids will be GV jags next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are Rising Sons merging with BL? I know Tad has been trying to merge for years but no clubs have wanted to. It seems odd that RS is moving to Maple Zone, that is a long way from Malvern for sure. I can’t imagine the current members of the teams are very happy about that.

I heard RS is partnering with Barstool for exclusive video content

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Malvern is still their home for Spring and Summer. Sunday Fall and Winter Training will take place at MSI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Malvern is still their home for Spring and Summer. Sunday Fall and Winter Training will take place at MSI.

Not merging....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why would BL tie themselves to that sinking ship? RS is a pyramid scheme and his beloved 2020 team is sitting on top. Once his kid’s team is done in the club world he has no skin in the game and can focus entirely on slinging his training pipe cleaners to the masses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought BL was getting bought out by NXT? Makes sense since NXT has one team that wins any games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard BL and Elevated are merging and it will be called Blelevated

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there anything worthwhile on this forum? Seems like a lot of haters, does that mean a lot of jealousy? My opinion is no club, coach, player or parent is perfect but most are trying to do their best for the kids. Some priorities are different - be the best vs player development vs who can drink more beers in solo cups and contradict coaches more from the parent sideline. Yes there is a business side and there is usually someone who is leading the club who loves the relationships he has with the kids and families and putting their time in.

Yes daddy ball is an issue. Its an extremely rare coach who can treat their kid as just another guy.

Do parents know there is no money in lacrosse? Most college lacrosse programs lose money for their school which means AD's do not care. Most college coaches make much less than 50k. There are 12.6 scholarships per college program of 45 boys. There are almost 0 full rides.

Some of the daddys on here need to spend more time with their wives and less time spouting giberish about club lacrosse. World Championship for U13 is a joke but yea if you spend a couple grand per kid for a lacrosse tournament you better have a good time, at least the fireworks were awesome! Do the parents get happy endings or at least a couples massage? Tournament prices are insane compared to other sports. That is where the racket is.

More posts about the competitive games, the quality of teams / camps / tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is up with Headstrong and such butt parents?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there anything worthwhile on this forum? Seems like a lot of haters, does that mean a lot of jealousy? My opinion is no club, coach, player or parent is perfect but most are trying to do their best for the kids. Some priorities are different - be the best vs player development vs who can drink more beers in solo cups and contradict coaches more from the parent sideline. Yes there is a business side and there is usually someone who is leading the club who loves the relationships he has with the kids and families and putting their time in.

Yes daddy ball is an issue. Its an extremely rare coach who can treat their kid as just another guy.

Do parents know there is no money in lacrosse? Most college lacrosse programs lose money for their school which means AD's do not care. Most college coaches make much less than 50k. There are 12.6 scholarships per college program of 45 boys. There are almost 0 full rides.

Some of the daddys on here need to spend more time with their wives and less time spouting giberish about club lacrosse. World Championship for U13 is a joke but yea if you spend a couple grand per kid for a lacrosse tournament you better have a good time, at least the fireworks were awesome! Do the parents get happy endings or at least a couples massage? Tournament prices are insane compared to other sports. That is where the racket is.

More posts about the competitive games, the quality of teams / camps / tournaments.

HHH and RS embarrassing themselves at NLF, but Mesa goalie is VERY good!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, more posts ripping Tad Doyle, I like those.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Freedom is a joke, coaches fired by Dukes....raids Dukes players from all over the East Coast and claim to be a local club. Shameful

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get a clue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

I haven't watched HHH this year but have seen Sons' 23 team. They look like a low A team at best. Kudos for them playing up and competing in AA at NLF.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sons Low A team , HHH high A team, the only local AA teams are Mesa and BL ,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would put Mesa at a high A level. They haven't done well against real competition this past year. Maybe they will regain their mojo once they go back to having an A and B team this coming season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HHH is an A team but not a high A team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RS just announced they merged with Elevated.

RIP Elevated

Like Reply Quote
Page 27 of 79 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard