BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,280
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 34 1 2 30 31 32 33 34
Re: Girls 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How do Empire and Jesters "Avoid those loses" in a tournament they do not run? Pretty funny how you take a swipe at teams that enter the tournament they don't run, get placed by the tournament they don't run but its their fault they don't play Igloo, etc. Am I missing something?

You're right, no coach or director ever calls in special requests. Sorry my mistake that would never happen.

Empire has gone undefeated this summer against some of the best D and C teams around....that said have they lost a game this summer??
What solid B teams have they beat?? I think a game vs Igloo or TG, 2 of the best A teams in 23 would have been an eye opener, but I still think that game 1 vs Jesters will be their toughest matchup of the summer??
Realistically how many can Empire win this weekend?? Jesters. Leg, Elevate and CT Griz... can they go 3-1 or 4-0 or is 2-2 a big victory???
I have never seen them play nor do I know anyone on the team. Safe to say they wont be undefeated after this weekend

Yes Empire has had an excellent summer, and we have NOT lost a game yet. Yes we won all 4 tournaments we entered, and yes while 3 of them were very easy against low B teams, we played the schedule that was put forth for us. Our first tourney we won in early June had a few very good B teams.
Hofstra will be our first taste of possibly playing A caliber teams if we get a chance to play Igloo or TG in the finals. We will see how we do against some of the other local talent.... Empire Nassau Green 2023 is not by any means an elite team, nobody claimed that, but we are a very good team who could possibly be claim the #4 spot on Long Island after this weekend.
Good luck to all the girls....there def should be some great matchups!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The starting girls aren't leaving YJ for TG or Igloo as they played endlessly...to a fault perhaps...but still endlessly. No reason for them to go anywhere. It is those that are very good that should have played more that have reason to think about it. There are some that are best suited for a B team in any organization that will likely ask to go to YJ Wright to get a better experience. Only 2 have left YJA over last couple years...one to TG and one to Leg. One other went to TG and another to Leg after making YJA. As has been said by many, if you are not happy, there are other teams to go to. With 1 goal sperating these teams in "most" games, ...the other options are not that much better. They say that grass is greener on the other side. I've looked at the other side of grass and it is basically the same color. Once again...these verbal battles will be decided on the field. Igloo wins the Nationals and looked good. TG beat Igloo 4 out of 5. YJ wins Lax for Cure that included MD teams (regardless of bracket). None had a horrible season and none went undefeated. All will make for good games. Being on any of these 3 teams and add YJB to make the 4 top teams on the Island. The rest are...well...the rest.

Very generous ranking of the YJB as the 4th top team. I'm sure Leg, Jesters, Elevate and Liberty would all disagree.

YJ B is a better program and development of any of those above teams. They would have no prob beating Jes, Elev and Lib. Leg would be a good match.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Top Guns gave Empire and Jesters an easier path then their own team because the directors said "Please". Got it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I have an actual question (please refrain from sarcasm). My daughter played Elevate this year and as stated above, we went to several tournaments and the competition was weak at best. the other poster is correct, we drove to MD to play some very bad competition. We did win and get a t-shirt for the win but my daughter got NOTHING out of this season. My 2022 is above average player. I also have a 2023 who is much better than average but did nit play travel this summer and will likely start next summer. The goal of joining travel this year was for her to play with much better kids, push herself and improve and play strong competition and get good coaching. With Elevate we unfortunately did not get any of those things. It was nice, with the tent, and the gear and the dinners but for the amount of money we spent and the time and money we spent on travel it was not what we were looking for. This weekend was a microcosm of the entire season. We won all of our games in blowouts and the highlight was setting up one girl for a BTB goal and everyone on the field knew it was coming. The club owner and his daughter acted as if it was the highlight of the summer. The 2023 Elevate team lost to the Jesters who didnt look that good for a travel lax team.The club owner and the daughter are just not what we are looking for when it comes to travel lax. So my question is, where do we go for tryouts in August and September. We are truly looking for them to be challenged, be coached and to get better. On Elevate my 2022 was one of the best kids and honestly, she is only slightly above average in the lacrosse world. We live on the boarder on Nassau and Suffolk and would think we have some real options. Again, I have a 2022 and a 2023. I will post in the 2023 forum as well for input. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Based on location and competitive teams TG would probably be a good fit.

I hear what you’re saying. My two cents is this: YJ and TG are not the place for your daughter this year. It will be virtually impossible for her to make the A team at thoses clubs unless she absolutely lites it up at the tryout. The B teams at both of those club get a lot of complaints and they rarely move girls up at this age. One of the reasons I started traveling early with my daughter is because I was aware of this. If I were you, I would have her try out for all the big clubs just to see where she stands and how she likes the girls. Some of them can be very clicky, entitled and snobby. You might realistically go with Legacy, or Jesters. Igloo is a great team too, but they can’t get into the big tournaments, which is a problem as recruiting age is starting.She should be on a team where you won’t just be making a donation, and she gets decent playing time. My daughter plays on one of the top clubs and there is a lot of pressure there. Your life must revolve around lax, and it’s easy to get in over your head. Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Top Guns gave Empire and Jesters an easier path then their own team because the directors said "Please". Got it.

Money talks....SS rather approve the request and get the fee then pissss off a program and lose them down the road. Both those programs have teams entered in a few ages.... $$$ talks. So yes I do think they will accomodate requests

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Holy Crap you NY parents are a bunch of excuse making crybabies. Just because you are not better does not mean that world is not fair. Please explain this "holdback" and "14 year old" 2023 teams theory.

YJ are a legit 2023 team based on age.

Please the age difference. 12 months, 9 months, 3 months? Every player in Maryland on a 23 team are 14 years of age? Every player in NY are 12 and new birthday 13? And if your YJ girls were just 2 or 3 months older then they could compete and win?

YJ had your big bad M&D team on the ropes age aside.

LOL. I guess you don't know what you are talking about or you would've answered the question. Nice of you to discount all the hard play and work that your girls put in. If only they were 2-3 months older they could dominate. Instead, you pretend they are just pewny and weak. Just think of the campfire stories you will be able to tell while at nationals. How they ventured off the island into the land of giants and almost won. So brave.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Holy Crap you NY parents are a bunch of excuse making crybabies. Just because you are not better does not mean that world is not fair. Please explain this "holdback" and "14 year old" 2023 teams theory.

YJ are a legit 2023 team based on age.

Please the age difference. 12 months, 9 months, 3 months? Every player in Maryland on a 23 team are 14 years of age? Every player in NY are 12 and new birthday 13? And if your YJ girls were just 2 or 3 months older then they could compete and win?

YJ had your big bad M&D team on the ropes age aside.

LOL. I guess you don't know what you are talking about or you would've answered the question. Nice of you to discount all the hard play and work that your girls put in. If only they were 2-3 months older they could dominate. Instead, you pretend they are just pewny and weak. Just think of the campfire stories you will be able to tell while at nationals. How they ventured off the island into the land of giants and almost won. So brave.

As an M&D parent, I would say that the MD girls that play lacrosse and are good at it, are bigger and more athletic, it’s really not that they’re older. When we play TG and YJ , there’s just not the depth. There are a few girls on those teams that are probably better than our girls individualy, but the teams are just not complete, which is why they can’t finish the games. Credit to TG, the first team to beat us. And they did it solid, was not a close game. Will be a great rivalry moving forward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of talk about Empire Nassau, aren’t they only a 2nd year team? Who coaches them because they get a lot of chatter for being relatively new on the club scene. Would be nice if YJ thorn called up SS and got in tourney this weekend, but CR would never do it. Appears the igloo/TG black game in pool play will be the championship based on these message boards, but would be interesting if someone could knock one of them,, would be good for LI lax!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of talk about Empire Nassau, aren’t they only a 2nd year team? Who coaches them because they get a lot of chatter for being relatively new on the club scene. Would be nice if YJ thorn called up SS and got in tourney this weekend, but CR would never do it. Appears the igloo/TG black game in pool play will be the championship based on these message boards, but would be interesting if someone could knock one of them,, would be good for LI lax!

Does YJ still do that dumb tournament at Mitchel Field where the YJ teams play each other? Or did it get too embarrassing when B teams beat “A” teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see Bethesda listed in the 2023 AA Division at the NLF tournament this weekend at Lehigh U, but I have heard from numerous parents that they are not going because their season is over.

Is the NLF aware of this, because it will not be good /fair for our team to come play only 1 game because the NLF was not on top of this.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]A lot of talk about Empire Nassau, aren’t they only a 2nd year team? Who coaches them because they get a lot of chatter for being relatively new on the club scene. Would be nice if YJ thorn called up SS and got in tourney this weekend, but CR would never do it. Appears the igloo/TG black game in pool play will be the championship based on these message boards, but would be interesting if someone could knock one of them,, would be good for LI lax!

Empire has played a cream puff schedule this week they go no better than
2-2 and that's without playing igloo or tg

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see Bethesda listed in the 2023 AA Division at the NLF tournament this weekend at Lehigh U, but I have heard from numerous parents that they are not going because their season is over.

Is the NLF aware of this, because it will not be good /fair for our team to come play only 1 game because the NLF was not on top of this.

I think you meant to write this on the boys forum?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG not going to Nationals is the word on the street

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is correct, TG is not going to Nationals because they have to many hold backs. LMAO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They must have a bunch of holdbacks on the team or Nationals are not that as much of an indicator as YJs believe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are Top Guns not going at all age groups or just 2023 ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The starting girls aren't leaving YJ for TG or Igloo as they played endlessly...to a fault perhaps...but still endlessly. No reason for them to go anywhere. It is those that are very good that should have played more that have reason to think about it. There are some that are best suited for a B team in any organization that will likely ask to go to YJ Wright to get a better experience. Only 2 have left YJA over last couple years...one to TG and one to Leg. One other went to TG and another to Leg after making YJA. As has been said by many, if you are not happy, there are other teams to go to. With 1 goal sperating these teams in "most" games, ...the other options are not that much better. They say that grass is greener on the other side. I've looked at the other side of grass and it is basically the same color. Once again...these verbal battles will be decided on the field. Igloo wins the Nationals and looked good. TG beat Igloo 4 out of 5. YJ wins Lax for Cure that included MD teams (regardless of bracket). None had a horrible season and none went undefeated. All will make for good games. Being on any of these 3 teams and add YJB to make the 4 top teams on the Island. The rest are...well...the rest.

Very generous ranking of the YJB as the 4th top team. I'm sure Leg, Jesters, Elevate and Liberty would all disagree.

YJ B is a better program and development of any of those above teams. They would have no prob beating Jes, Elev and Lib. Leg would be a good match.

You obviously haven't watched YJB play. They struggled against lousy teams this summer. Jesters would beat them by at least 5 goals. The days of YJ fielding a competitive B team are over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happy for the bid but was not a tournament listed for TG to do. Would have been an add on tourney and people had other plans. TG is a legit 2023 team, no hold backs lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The starting girls aren't leaving YJ for TG or Igloo as they played endlessly...to a fault perhaps...but still endlessly. No reason for them to go anywhere. It is those that are very good that should have played more that have reason to think about it. There are some that are best suited for a B team in any organization that will likely ask to go to YJ Wright to get a better experience. Only 2 have left YJA over last couple years...one to TG and one to Leg. One other went to TG and another to Leg after making YJA. As has been said by many, if you are not happy, there are other teams to go to. With 1 goal sperating these teams in "most" games, ...the other options are not that much better. They say that grass is greener on the other side. I've looked at the other side of grass and it is basically the same color. Once again...these verbal battles will be decided on the field. Igloo wins the Nationals and looked good. TG beat Igloo 4 out of 5. YJ wins Lax for Cure that included MD teams (regardless of bracket). None had a horrible season and none went undefeated. All will make for good games. Being on any of these 3 teams and add YJB to make the 4 top teams on the Island. The rest are...well...the rest.

You obviously haven't watched YJB play. They struggled against lousy teams this summer. Jesters would beat them by at least 5 goals. The days of YJ fielding a competitive B team are over.

YJ B is a mediocre team which will never be competitive with the big clubs. YJ B does NOT develop the girls, it’s more like a very expensive PAL team. All of the best girls left that program knowing that the team is not going anywhere. Even their top team has many issues. If you want to be frustrated Year after year, then that team will give you that. Not saying any of the other teams B teams would be any better. Getting onto Legacy, Igloo, Jesters Liberty or Empire would be a much better move. A lot of people go with the YJ name thinking they’re getting into a great organization, however the smoke and mirrors wear off pretty quick, and you realize it’s not what you thought it would be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ B is a mediocre team which will never be competitive with the big clubs. YJ B does NOT develop the girls, it’s more like a very expensive PAL team. All of the best girls left that program knowing that the team is not going anywhere. Even their top team has many issues. If you want to be frustrated Year after year, then that team will give you that. Not saying any of the other teams B teams would be any better. Getting onto Legacy, Igloo, Jesters Liberty or Empire would be a much better move. A lot of people go with the YJ name thinking they’re getting into a great organization, however the smoke and mirrors wear off pretty quick, and you realize it’s not what you thought it would be.

YJ A ‘s are by far best teams (scratch 2023) . Some of the B teamers can go play on other clubs A teams, not all. But many hang in hoping for a shot at getting pulled up, which happens for 1-2 kids per year. But careful what you wish for, it is a lot easier getting playing time and being a stud on the B team, and many kids are much better off shining there rather than struggling on A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ A ‘s are by far best teams (scratch 2023) . Some of the B teamers can go play on other clubs A teams, not all. But many hang in hoping for a shot at getting pulled up, which happens for 1-2 kids per year. But careful what you wish for, it is a lot easier getting playing time and being a stud on the B team, and many kids are much better off shining there rather than struggling on A.

Yes, but we are talking about 2023 here. TG and Igloo have both surpassed YJA. From what is said about YJA coaching on there, I'm not sure why anyone would want to be brought up from B to A to play on a team that is 3rd best on LI doesn't make sense. If you can get onto another A team (besides TG&Igloo, which even the current YJA girls would have a tough time doing unless they are one of the top 5 players) seems like it would be a better idea for this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This site is boring. Why all the jealousy and name calling? Not everyone can be the best team. Who cares? Good luck to TG in their home tourny. Excellent club with top director and spotless reputation. YJ- another excellent club with long time director and countless players going on to top schools. Igloo- don’t know too much other tan they are very $$$$ and the 2023 team is blowing everyone away. Empire- havent been tested against the next level. Maybe this weekend but the parents very happy. Jesters- longs time director of many boys programs and a top recruiting director with MHS varsity coach taking a role. They haven’t beaten the top teams but they have played them and are in the mix. Legacy- same as empire. Haven’tbeen there yet. We’ll see tomorrow. What happened to liberty? Have they been anywhere this year? All the same excellent reputation and Family’s love their club. Now let’s all band together for these Long Island girls and see what they can do against our neighbors from Maryland pa New Jersey and Connecticut at Nationals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, but we are talking about 2023 here. TG and Igloo have both surpassed YJA. From what is said about YJA coaching on there, I'm not sure why anyone would want to be brought up from B to A to play on a team that is 3rd best on LI doesn't make sense. If you can get onto another A team (besides TG&Igloo, which even the current YJA girls would have a tough time doing unless they are one of the top 5 players) seems like it would be a better idea for this age group.

I am not here to argue that Igloo and TG Black aren't 1A and 1B in the 2023 group, but Thorn is right there with them. Thorn feels the heat because at every other year YJ Blue is the #1 team on the island, but here in 23 they take a back seat right now to Igloo and TG. That said YJ 23 has a great team and had a very good summer beat Monster Black 4 times, Elite Orange, Skywalkers, and many others and only falling to M&D Black by 2 and Igloo by 4 (couple other losses but to teams we beat 9 out of 10 times).
So as far as the 23 group locally on the island goes; there is the elite 3 Igloo, TG and Thorn, and then a HUGE drop off. Jesters might be 4, and they played Igloo this summer and it was 12-4 but could have been 18-4 if they wanted to....we were at that tourney and Jesters didnt belong on same field as Igloo. We will get another shot at Igloo at the Nationals and dont be surprised if YJ supremacy creeps over to the 23's as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's NOT kid ourselves, but Hofstra will have some great games for some second tier bragging rights as Jesters and Empire battle, and Elevate tries to avoid going 0 for 4, and the Grizzlies won lax by the sea this year, but at the end of the day NOBODY is beating Igloo or TG Black. That game Sunday is for the championship. TG and Igloo are 8+ goals better than Jesters, Legacy and Griz, and 10+ goals better than Elevate and Empire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not here to argue that Igloo and TG Black aren't 1A and 1B in the 2023 group, but Thorn is right there with them. Thorn feels the heat because at every other year YJ Blue is the #1 team on the island, but here in 23 they take a back seat right now to Igloo and TG. That said YJ 23 has a great team and had a very good summer beat Monster Black 4 times, Elite Orange, Skywalkers, and many others and only falling to M&D Black by 2 and Igloo by 4 (couple other losses but to teams we beat 9 out of 10 times).
So as far as the 23 group locally on the island goes; there is the elite 3 Igloo, TG and Thorn, and then a HUGE drop off. Jesters might be 4, and they played Igloo this summer and it was 12-4 but could have been 18-4 if they wanted to....we were at that tourney and Jesters didnt belong on same field as Igloo. We will get another shot at Igloo at the Nationals and dont be surprised if YJ supremacy creeps over to the 23's as well.

Maybe Igloo and YJ should think about poaching some TG girls for Nationals? Or are there rules against that. I see the boys teams doing that all the time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The starting girls aren't leaving YJ for TG or Igloo as they played endlessly...to a fault perhaps...but still endlessly. No reason for them to go anywhere. It is those that are very good that should have played more that have reason to think about it. There are some that are best suited for a B team in any organization that will likely ask to go to YJ Wright to get a better experience. Only 2 have left YJA over last couple years...one to TG and one to Leg. One other went to TG and another to Leg after making YJA. As has been said by many, if you are not happy, there are other teams to go to. With 1 goal sperating these teams in "most" games, ...the other options are not that much better. They say that grass is greener on the other side. I've looked at the other side of grass and it is basically the same color. Once again...these verbal battles will be decided on the field. Igloo wins the Nationals and looked good. TG beat Igloo 4 out of 5. YJ wins Lax for Cure that included MD teams (regardless of bracket). None had a horrible season and none went undefeated. All will make for good games. Being on any of these 3 teams and add YJB to make the 4 top teams on the Island. The rest are...well...the rest.

Maybe Igloo and YJ should think about poaching some TG girls for Nationals? Or are there rules against that. I see the boys teams doing that all the time!

No rules against it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After Hofstra we should know where the 2nd tier ranks among their peers..
This weekend could help teams going into TRYOUTS.....Empire or Elevate grabs a few quality wins and just may get a few extra good players at their tryout.
Pre-Hofstra its Jesters, Empire, Legacy, Elevate in that 2nd tier...see how it shakes up after. Also in that 2nd tier is the likes of liberty, yj wright.
The games tomorrow will have a big indication for what kids switch to what programs. The Igloo's, TG and Thorn should stay relatively the same; maybe get a couple players that are good enough to jump to one of those 3. The bottom 6-8 usually are one and done at TG due to lack of PT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After Hofstra we should know where the 2nd tier ranks among their peers..
This weekend could help teams going into TRYOUTS.....Empire or Elevate grabs a few quality wins and just may get a few extra good players at their tryout.
Pre-Hofstra its Jesters, Empire, Legacy, Elevate in that 2nd tier...see how it shakes up after. Also in that 2nd tier is the likes of liberty, yj wright.
The games tomorrow will have a big indication for what kids switch to what programs. The Igloo's, TG and Thorn should stay relatively the same; maybe get a couple players that are good enough to jump to one of those 3. The bottom 6-8 usually are one and done at TG due to lack of PT

I would stay away from Elevate. We have had a horrible two summers there. Last year was bad and we gave it another shot. This year was worse. The coaching is very weak and the tournaments they typically go to we don't play strong teams. BUT we do have t-shirts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The starting girls aren't leaving YJ for TG or Igloo as they played endlessly...to a fault perhaps...but still endlessly. No reason for them to go anywhere. It is those that are very good that should have played more that have reason to think about it. There are some that are best suited for a B team in any organization that will likely ask to go to YJ Wright to get a better experience. Only 2 have left YJA over last couple years...one to TG and one to Leg. One other went to TG and another to Leg after making YJA. As has been said by many, if you are not happy, there are other teams to go to. With 1 goal sperating these teams in "most" games, ...the other options are not that much better. They say that grass is greener on the other side. I've looked at the other side of grass and it is basically the same color. Once again...these verbal battles will be decided on the field. Igloo wins the Nationals and looked good. TG beat Igloo 4 out of 5. YJ wins Lax for Cure that included MD teams (regardless of bracket). None had a horrible season and none went undefeated. All will make for good games. Being on any of these 3 teams and add YJB to make the 4 top teams on the Island. The rest are...well...the rest.

One win over Igloo and YJ will claim supremacy lol. YJ may add one more coach making it 5 coaches there they will be supreme. They'll out coach anyone. I'm sure some of those girls sitting on the YJ bench not playing in the competitive games will be looking elsewhere unless they continue to drink the CR kool aid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ 23 need to challenge themselves. Live, love lax and Lax for the Cure avoided the top bracket in both.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One win over Igloo and YJ will claim supremacy lol. YJ may add one more coach making it 5 coaches there they will be supreme. They'll out coach anyone. I'm sure some of those girls sitting on the YJ bench not playing in the competitive games will be looking elsewhere unless they continue to drink the CR kool aid.

What? Even if Thorn does beat Igloo, which is not likely, they still have never beaten TG. They won’t even get the chance at playing TG until next summer, due to injury the fact that their director refuses to put them into the most competitive tournament on LI. At this point, even if they are able to beat one of those teams, they don’t take best team on LI, because they need to demonstrate consistency.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rules very clear. No team can bring anyone that has not been on the roster and actively playing with the team for 12 months prior

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This site is boring. Why all the jealousy and name calling? Not everyone can be the best team. Who cares? Good luck to TG in their home tourny. Excellent club with top director and spotless reputation. YJ- another excellent club with long time director and countless players going on to top schools. Igloo- don’t know too much other tan they are very $$$$ and the 2023 team is blowing everyone away. Empire- havent been tested against the next level. Maybe this weekend but the parents very happy. Jesters- longs time director of many boys programs and a top recruiting director with MHS varsity coach taking a role. They haven’t beaten the top teams but they have played them and are in the mix. Legacy- same as empire. Haven’tbeen there yet. We’ll see tomorrow. What happened to liberty? Have they been anywhere this year? All the same excellent reputation and Family’s love their club. Now let’s all band together for these Long Island girls and see what they can do against our neighbors from Maryland pa New Jersey and Connecticut at Nationals.

Awesome post! Agree!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having seen all of the 2023’s play, including Legacy and Jesters the top 3 are the top 3. Next 3 are TJ Wright, Legacy and Jesters only if Jesters having a super coaches daughter top day. She’s very good. But 1 is none ( N{one}}. Igloo and TG have status over YJA because they are 1-9 this year and have produced better wins this year besides 2017 which was so long ago anyway. Other Franchises are well, other and don’t stack up. To the top 2-3 on those teams IMO YJB or Legacy are where you should go if you want meaningful Lax. Both have very good 12-14 ( YJB ) and 8 ( Legacy ) players. Issue is they get B- C players fast. They also lack A++ players, meaning those 1-2 Middies that are game controllers. Legacy has a solid Face-Off M and Wright has ZERO faceoffs Girls which from every game I’ve seen hurts them. Part of game and a huge part but if fixed they add horsepower fast. Biggest takeaway is if your happyand progressing then stay happy. However IMO this last year unless you Uber stud to crack those teams to get looks. Otherwise you a free agent at College camps / showcases unless you have a great High School program / Coach. Most top starters ( 5-8+ ) from good HS teams get to play in College if they want. Not saying top 25+ D1 of Top 5 D3 but they’ll get looks. For now LI carries weight. May change soon..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy looked very good at the LI Classic. They tied Igloo. Igloo looked good at times, but completely fell apart in the championship game, where they were blown out by TG. I think we have a new LI pecking order:
TG
YJA
Igloo
Legacy
YJB
Jesters
Empire
Elevate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy looked very good at the LI Classic. They tied Igloo. Igloo looked good at times, but completely fell apart in the championship game, where they were blown out by TG. I think we have a new LI pecking order:
TG
YJA
Igloo
Legacy
YJB
Jesters
Empire
Elevate

Lets NOT get crazy....... Igloo played their worst game of the summer after not playing for a month and tied Legacy out of the gates.
After that they crushed Elevate and handled CT Grizzlies by 5, and then in a full game they beat TG Black by 4.
The finals they were dominated at the drawer circle and by the time they actually got the ball the game it was 5-0 and the game was over. The middies on TG were just too good and too fast that game, but at the end of the day TG won the short game and Igloo won the full game. TG was the champ so they get the slight edge of Igloo, but dont try to throw Igloo to 3rd when that was the 1st game they lost all summer.
TG Black is 1A
Igloo is 1B
Thorn
Legacy
Empire beat Jesters so give them their due
Jesters
Elevate
Liberty Black
YJ B...... they have lost to B teams all summer if you look at their schedule. Not your Normal B team for CR////// this is a C type team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey buddy..... Legacy came in LAST place of the 7 teams in the group.
LAST!!! Yes they tied the first place team in game 1, but they still went winless and came in LAST!!
Your skewed rankings have them 4th but when the girls played on the field, the standings had them LAST! Sometimes the facts get in the way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG
YJA
Igloo
Legacy
YJB
Jesters
Empire
Elevate

Lets NOT get crazy....... Igloo played their worst game of the summer after not playing for a month and tied Legacy out of the gates.
After that they crushed Elevate and handled CT Grizzlies by 5, and then in a full game they beat TG Black by 4.
The finals they were dominated at the drawer circle and by the time they actually got the ball the game it was 5-0 and the game was over. The middies on TG were just too good and too fast that game, but at the end of the day TG won the short game and Igloo won the full game. TG was the champ so they get the slight edge of Igloo, but dont try to throw Igloo to 3rd when that was the 1st game they lost all summer.
TG Black is 1A
Igloo is 1B
Thorn
Legacy
Empire beat Jesters so give them their due
Jesters
Elevate
Liberty Black
YJ B...... they have lost to B teams all summer if you look at their schedule. Not your Normal B team for CR////// this is a C type team

there was a lot of great talent at Hofstra...except for TG and igloo most teams won and lost by one goal and others tied ...you will see a lot of movement again this year..the talk has already began....to some its not about the wins and loses but that their daughter is the star of the game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is a good team, but they don't play as a team. Once coaches adjust their D, then those select few become highly less effective, and the rest of the team can't pick up the slack. TG may have given them their first loss of the summer, but I feel that if Igloo was able to get into some more competitive tournaments this Summer, they would have a few more losses on the record. I'd look forward to seeing Igloo in MD next season. With that said, I wish them luck @ Nationals.

Page 32 of 34 1 2 30 31 32 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard