BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 127 of 264 1 2 125 126 127 128 129 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What you don't get is that nobody really cares. Be an All-American in college, for that matter even get to start on a top 20. That's the real deal. You will soon find out that the rest of this is a-bunch of daddy ball nonsense!

Obviously they care, that is why they come on here and complain about how it is all political and that is the only reason their kid didn't make it. It could not possibly be that their kid just is not that good. Always an excuse and never credit to the kids that make it.

Stop it already, Under Armour All-America trumps all HS awards and honors. All of your attempts to tear the players down only shows you for what you are jealous who can't deal with reality.

That said , are there some studs that do not play for the top club teams or the top high schools? Sure, and they can be overlooked but who's fault is that?

Every year, the vast majority of the 44 players selected to the Under Armour All-America Team go on to have very successful college careers.

Sorry for the stud who plays for a weak HS team and doesn't play for a top club team. I know they are at a disadvantage.

Congatulations to all of the young men that earned the distinction. Be proud it is a great honor.

Are you really using the term earned? There are some players on that list from Long Island that were and I emphasize were great players in 8th and 9th grade. They are no longer that good. Some were bigger and stronger than others back then but now cant stay healthy and are no longer bigger and stronger. Others were faster and more skilled but their little legs cant keep up anymore regardless of how many hours they spend training or the accolades daddy buys. Its becoming more and more obvious the last 2 years as to how others have passed them in physicality and skill. They were exposed really badly in the UA games. Let's here the excuses.

Another loser who sits around waiting and hoping for others struggle or fail. Sorry that your kid did not make it, I'm sure that he will be an All-American at the next level. Good luck to him.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you don't get is that nobody really cares. Be an All-American in college, for that matter even get to start on a top 20. That's the real deal. You will soon find out that the rest of this is a-bunch of daddy ball nonsense!

Obviously they care, that is why they come on here and complain about how it is all political and that is the only reason their kid didn't make it. It could not possibly be that their kid just is not that good. Always an excuse and never credit to the kids that make it.

Stop it already, Under Armour All-America trumps all HS awards and honors. All of your attempts to tear the players down only shows you for what you are jealous who can't deal with reality.

That said , are there some studs that do not play for the top club teams or the top high schools? Sure, and they can be overlooked but who's fault is that?

Every year, the vast majority of the 44 players selected to the Under Armour All-America Team go on to have very successful college careers.

Sorry for the stud who plays for a weak HS team and doesn't play for a top club team. I know they are at a disadvantage.

Congatulations to all of the young men that earned the distinction. Be proud it is a great honor.

Are you really using the term earned? There are some players on that list from Long Island that were and I emphasize were great players in 8th and 9th grade. They are no longer that good. Some were bigger and stronger than others back then but now cant stay healthy and are no longer bigger and stronger. Others were faster and more skilled but their little legs cant keep up anymore regardless of how many hours they spend training or the accolades daddy buys. Its becoming more and more obvious the last 2 years as to how others have passed them in physicality and skill. They were exposed really badly in the UA games. Let's here the excuses.

Another loser who sits around waiting and hoping for others struggle or fail. Sorry that your kid did not make it, I'm sure that he will be an All-American at the next level. Good luck to him.

Nah, I am really happy for the kids that deserve it and earned it. As for my kid he is doing just fine. He is headed to a great school and will be playing lacrosse. Ohh and his high school team actually won the big game and he actually scored a few.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1000 % .. Between Inside Lacrosse Showcases and UA tryouts it adds to the resume' and name recognition. With regard to the underclass team selections it's time to pry it away from Chan and his manipulative minions, It's only a matter of time before only his club guys or catholic school kids make it so how is it not unethical. It is nothing short of blackmail/extortion/bribery or any another sinister action that sends the message, pay me and your kid is a UA guy. And if anyone argues that point they are either benefactors or co-
conspirators so don't embarrass yourselves. Highlight Division 10th out of 12 teams , is that a joke.

Just looked at the roster of the highlight team. Looks like half of the team was not express. Does not look like Chan holders all of the cards. 91 was well represented on that team.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think express "Chan" only had one player named Under Armour All-American.

Maybe it's time to stop making excuses for your kid. He didn't make it because he was not good enough .
It had nothing to do with anything else.

1000 % .. Between Inside Lacrosse Showcases and UA tryouts it adds to the resume' and name recognition. With regard to the underclass team selections it's time to pry it away from Chan and his manipulative minions, It's only a matter of time before only his club guys or catholic school kids make it so how is it not unethical. It is nothing short of blackmail/extortion/bribery or any another sinister action that sends the message, pay me and your kid is a UA guy. And if anyone argues that point they are either benefactors or co-
conspirators so don't embarrass yourselves. Highlight Division 10th out of 12 teams , is that a joke.

Just looked at the roster of the highlight team. Looks like half of the team was not express. Does not look like Chan holders all of the cards. 91 was well represented on that team.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think express "Chan" only had one player named Under Armour All-American.

Maybe it's time to stop making excuses for your kid. He didn't make it because he was not good enough .

Maybe my kid would have made the team, maybe he wouldn’t. Since he didn’t try out, we’ll never know. Now why don’t you tell me why the kids who did make the team couldn’t get the job done and waisted there parents time and money? Sad that LI can’t put a competitive team together. Probably because many of the best players don’t even bother with UA anymore.

You sound like a very low IQ individual...I don't think anyone who participated feels like it was a *waste of time and money. The tournament is well run, the boys had a lot of fun competing against the other regions, and although you always want Long Island to win, it's unrealistic to think that will always be the result. Having watched the 2019s, 2020s, and 2021s over the years, it's tough for you to say that these teams weren't comprised of the top players on Long Island. Of course certain kids were left off or didn't tryout but most of the Highlight team is committed to top programs and the Command team was mostly from the top 3 club teams on Long Island. If the only thing that you're focused on is saving $500 and having your kid committed to a "great school" that's pretty sad. Enjoy the game, the time spent traveling with your kid, having them meet new people, and competing. It's tough being left out and feeling like you shouldn't even tryout for the team because you or your son is afraid of not making it, but that's not a reason to criticize the team or the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe my kid would have made the team, maybe he wouldn’t. Since he didn’t try out, we’ll never know. Now why don’t you tell me why the kids who did make the team couldn’t get the job done and waisted there parents time and money? Sad that LI can’t put a competitive team together. Probably because many of the best players don’t even bother with UA anymore.

You sound like a very low IQ individual...I don't think anyone who participated feels like it was a *waste of time and money. The tournament is well run, the boys had a lot of fun competing against the other regions, and although you always want Long Island to win, it's unrealistic to think that will always be the result. Having watched the 2019s, 2020s, and 2021s over the years, it's tough for you to say that these teams weren't comprised of the top players on Long Island. Of course certain kids were left off or didn't tryout but most of the Highlight team is committed to top programs and the Command team was mostly from the top 3 club teams on Long Island. If the only thing that you're focused on is saving $500 and having your kid committed to a "great school" that's pretty sad. Enjoy the game, the time spent traveling with your kid, having them meet new people, and competing. It's tough being left out and feeling like you shouldn't even tryout for the team because you or your son is afraid of not making it, but that's not a reason to criticize the team or the coaches.

You really just don’t get it, but that’s ok. UA is a sinking ship on LI. As for my kid, no need to worry about him, he gets plenty of accolades playing for his HS team and guest playing on club in top tournaments. Just because someone doesn’t try out for something doesn’t mean they’re afraid of not making it. But since your so smart, I’d think you’d be able to figure that out. Now hurry along and get that cup of coffee for MC, you wouldn’t want him to forget about your kid, tryouts are coming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
on the other hand, big KUDOS to all those boys that stuck with their high school teams and played at Ward Melville. and a huge "SHAME ON YOU" for all the boys who decided to stay selfish and not play with their High School teams.

Heard over and over again, so and so was home, so and so was working so and so was elsewhere. Not to sure, but many of these teams knew about these games months ago. At some point you have to have the High School team come first.

I heard teams told Sr. players, if they didnt attend certain games they cant become captain

Are you really going to start with this nonsense again?

BTW, which "other" hands are you referring to? Is it the hands of the HS Coaches who are grabbing the money? Didn't the tournament at WM charge each player an "entry fee"? How much was that fee again? How many players participated? How much money was collected? Where did that money go? Was this tournament run by The Ward Melville School District? Was it a charity event? Did the proceeds go to a worthy cause?

You really think that a young man should prioritize a bs high school tournament above of "work" commitment?

Didn't the High School Season end a while ago? Find me a single player who is missing High School Lacrosse for anything other than illness, family priorities, emergencies etc..

Maybe the boy is working to help pay for the "fee" to play for his so called "High School Summer Team"? How much did it cost each player to play at Ward Melville this past weekend?

The only selfish people are the - who want to hold kids back for their own selfish reasons. If a boy made the Under Armour team and you want him to stay and play in some pay to play money grab you are the one who should be ashamed.

Any coach who tells a player that he can not become a captain if he does not "Pay to Play" for their "quasi HS summer team" should be fired immediately.

I will ask my son and his teammates tonight if it has been implied in any way that if a player misses any "summer pay to play HS lacrosse" that he can not be considered for captain. If there has been any coercion whether explicit or implied I will make it my business to have that coach removed.

With respect to the game of lacrosse there are two types of people that can be classified as selfish and they are the very same people who should be ashamed of themselves.

1. The parents of the "average" players who want to hold the stronger players back. You see, they want their child to be able to play with the stronger players however, they do not want the stronger players to go off and play with better players on one of the top club teams.

2. HS coaches extorting money from players and their families.

(yes I get it the club directors are in it for the money as well but they are running a business and you do not have to give them your money if you do not want to)

To the best of my knowledge my son has never been penalized in any way by his HS coaches for playing club lacrosse, going to a showcase or Under Armour. If that changes, the coach will be out of a job before the school year begins.

You are one of those trouble makers, who are you to keep stating "the coach will be out", if you don't like something right away you call for the coaches head, guys like you should not be part of sports

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
on the other hand, big KUDOS to all those boys that stuck with their high school teams and played at Ward Melville. and a huge "SHAME ON YOU" for all the boys who decided to stay selfish and not play with their High School teams.

Heard over and over again, so and so was home, so and so was working so and so was elsewhere. Not to sure, but many of these teams knew about these games months ago. At some point you have to have the High School team come first.

I heard teams told Sr. players, if they didnt attend certain games they cant become captain

BTW, which "other" hands are you referring to? Is it the hands of the HS Coaches who are grabbing the money? Didn't the tournament at WM charge each player an "entry fee"? How much was that fee again? How many players participated? How much money was collected? Where did that money go? Was this tournament run by The Ward Melville School District? Was it a charity event? Did the proceeds go to a worthy cause?

You really think that a young man should prioritize a bs high school tournament above of "work" commitment?

Didn't the High School Season end a while ago? Find me a single player who is missing High School Lacrosse for anything other than illness, family priorities, emergencies etc..

Maybe the boy is working to help pay for the "fee" to play for his so called "High School Summer Team"? How much did it cost each player to play at Ward Melville this past weekend?

The only selfish people are the - who want to hold kids back for their own selfish reasons. If a boy made the Under Armour team and you want him to stay and play in some pay to play money grab you are the one who should be ashamed.

Any coach who tells a player that he can not become a captain if he does not "Pay to Play" for their "quasi HS summer team" should be fired immediately.

I will ask my son and his teammates tonight if it has been implied in any way that if a player misses any "summer pay to play HS lacrosse" that he can not be considered for captain. If there has been any coercion whether explicit or implied I will make it my business to have that coach removed.

With respect to the game of lacrosse there are two types of people that can be classified as selfish and they are the very same people who should be ashamed of themselves.

1. The parents of the "average" players who want to hold the stronger players back. You see, they want their child to be able to play with the stronger players however, they do not want the stronger players to go off and play with better players on one of the top club teams.

(yes I get it the club directors are in it for the money as well but they are running a business and you do not have to give them your money if you do not want to)

To the best of my knowledge my son has never been penalized in any way by his HS coaches for playing club lacrosse, going to a showcase or Under Armour. If that changes, the coach will be out of a job before the school year begins.

What does it say about a School's administration (private or public) when it allows HCs to use their own (or ones they are getting paid to attend) summer tournaments to hold "defacto" tryouts? IMHO this constitutes type of "pay for play" is clearly out of bounds. I've seen HCs offer to pay (only for those who have a demonstrated financial need) for kids or give their own players a discount so as to ease their guilty consciences. Its become the norm in the Mid-Atlantic State private school circuit. The Schools have a hard time preaching integrity and honor when they allow coaches and teachers the ability to charge students on the side. Most industries have very strict conflict of interest rules but clearly some in the education sector (not all as our local School Superintendent just went to jail for consulting contracts with educational software vendors he awarded contracts to) want to turn a blind eye towards this type of behavior.

Why is it ok for the math teacher to charge a fee to tutor a student.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One of the saddest and most pathetic posts I have ever read here. Your son must be so ashamed and embarrassed by you. I feel bad for him, his father is a petty small man with obvious issues. Pack up and leave, give the kid a chance at success. He has no shot with you as his dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does it say about a School's administration (private or public) when it allows HCs to use their own (or ones they are getting paid to attend) summer tournaments to hold "defacto" tryouts? IMHO this constitutes type of "pay for play" is clearly out of bounds. I've seen HCs offer to pay (only for those who have a demonstrated financial need) for kids or give their own players a discount so as to ease their guilty consciences. Its become the norm in the Mid-Atlantic State private school circuit. The Schools have a hard time preaching integrity and honor when they allow coaches and teachers the ability to charge students on the side. Most industries have very strict conflict of interest rules but clearly some in the education sector (not all as our local School Superintendent just went to jail for consulting contracts with educational software vendors he awarded contracts to) want to turn a blind eye towards this type of behavior.

Most school systems or private schools I've been involved with have strict rules regarding a teacher tutoring his or her own student. Another teacher can do it, but most educators feel there's an inherent conflict between receiving direct compensation from parents and the fact that the teachers are assigning grades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are one of those trouble makers, who are you to keep stating "the coach will be out", if you don't like something right away you call for the coaches head, guys like you should not be part of sports

I am not the poster that you are responding to but I will chime in.

The guy does not sound like a trouble maker at all. In fact, he sounds pretty reasonable. I agree, if my kid were coerced into playing for his HS coaches "pay to play - for profit" summer team I would want that coach gone as well. The original post stated that kids were missing do to the fact that they were working. I am proud of any young man who is working in the summer. If you think some meaningless tournament should come before work you are a stunad. If you think it is acceptable for HS coaches to coerce kids into paying them to play on a team or in a tournament through threats of not being considered for captain you are a bigger dope than originally thought. Let me clear it up for you, it's called extortion you dimwit.

You asked the question: "who are you to keep stating the coach will be out". He or she sounds like a parent who knows right from wrong. They sound like a parent that will stand up and make sure that people will be held accountable for their actions.

The person clearly stated that he was not aware of any nonsense taking place at his sons school and that his son has never been penalized for missing "school summer team" games in order to go to Under Armour, Club games or Showcases.

Do you actually think that coercion by a HS coach is acceptable?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In life there is a time and place for everything.

A smart coach does not force his players to do everything but may demand they do select things. Just as an elite athlete doesnt have to do everything his club team does and needs to prioritize some HS events.

As for as some comments over work, a smart HS coach will give enough advance notice and if not will not hold an athlete to it.

Now the boys on the other hand, they all know and that is the bigger jury!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A smart coach does not force his players to do everything but may demand they do select things. Just as an elite athlete doesnt have to do everything his club team does and needs to prioritize some HS events.

As for as some comments over work, a smart HS coach will give enough advance notice and if not will not hold an athlete to it.

Please enlighten When and where the time and place are for coercion and extortion .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In season a high school coach can require his players to do what he sees fit (within the rules of course and based on good ethics). Out of season, he can ask but that's it. A player should be evaluated based on his talent and preparation beginning with day one of tryouts. My boys were all 2 or 3 sport athletes and were quick to tell an overzealous coach they were preparing for their in season or next season sport. they trained on their own and didn't need a babysitter. And yes, summer jobs come before many of the stupid club tournaments out there. Its called learning how to work and be responsible. If you're good enough the D1 coaches will come calling when the time comes. Lots of fear mongering and huckstering in the lacrosse world both from high school and club coaches. Parents, use lacrosse to get into the best school (academically and culturally) and let the chips fall where they may. Pro lacrosse comp is paltry and will be for the next 20-30 years. If you're looking for the $$ in lacrosse run several good tournaments and/or start a national chain of expensive clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is not ok.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most school systems or private schools I've been involved with have strict rules regarding a teacher tutoring his or her own student. Another teacher can do it, but most educators feel there's an inherent conflict between receiving direct compensation from parents and the fact that the teachers are assigning grades.

Wow, imagine that, an inherent conflict of interest.

Please explain to me why there is no conflict of interest when it comes to paying the HS coach?""

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please enlighten When and where the time and place are for coercion and extortion .

Anything taking place in the summer that is "pay to play and for profit" is not a High School event so stop with the nonsense. As far as athletes playing for club teams goes, the athlete can choose to do whatever he wants, he is the customer and he is paying to be on the team.

As for the boys, they know that it is about the money.

My younger one is entering the recruiting years and he will be playing at the events that will give him the most exposure. We are fortunate that he is on one of the top club teams so he is afforded the opportunity to play against many of the best players in the country in front of many coaches from the best college programs. We have been down this road before, the only "Non Club" events that enable a player to be seen by the majority of the top college programs are the Final 40 games of the Nassau Vs Suffolk Tryouts and the Final 40 game of the Under Armour Tryouts. Making the teams is not important, but playing in the final games at the tryouts great exposure.

I really do not have any issue with the HS coaches doing things in the off season but please stop with the disingenuous BS. It is what it is, don't try to hide it and do not try to sell it as something better than it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anything taking place in the summer that is "pay to play and for profit" is not a High School event so stop with the nonsense. As far as athletes playing for club teams goes, the athlete can choose to do whatever he wants, he is the customer and he is paying to be on the team.

My younger one is entering the recruiting years and he will be playing at the events that will give him the most exposure. We are fortunate that he is on one of the top club teams so he is afforded the opportunity to play against many of the best players in the country in front of many coaches from the best college programs. We have been down this road before, the only "Non Club" events that enable a player to be seen by the majority of the top college programs are the Final 40 games of the Nassau Vs Suffolk Tryouts and the Final 40 game of the Under Armour Tryouts. Making the teams is not important, but playing in the final games at the tryouts great exposure.

I really do not have any issue with the HS coaches doing things in the off season but please stop with the disingenuous BS. It is what it is, don't try to hide it and do not try to sell it as something better than it is.

When the HC of a high school team invites members or candidates for his varsity team (and his team only) to a pay for play tournament he runs (and makes a ton of money on) and uses the tournament to evaluate his players (a defacto tryout) for the coming spring season he is conflicted. Kids who don't participate are at risk for being viewed as a "non-team player" and not leadership or starting material. Sorry but this is a textbook definition of a "conflict of interest" and "self dealing".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When the HC of a high school team invites members or candidates for his varsity team (and his team only) to a pay for play tournament he runs (and makes a ton of money on) and uses the tournament to evaluate his players (a defacto tryout) for the coming spring season he is conflicted. Kids who don't participate are at risk for being viewed as a "non-team player" and not leadership or starting material. Sorry but this is a textbook definition of a "conflict of interest" and "self dealing".

Do you guys really think a coach is using these summer tournament to evaluate (tryout) his players, the coach is well aware of the type of player the kids are by that age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you guys really think a coach is using these summer tournament to evaluate (tryout) his players, the coach is well aware of the type of player the kids are by that age.

Clearly you’ve never coached at a high level and I don’t mean a rec or club level.. Coaches use these summer tournaments to evaluate rising freshmen and sophomores. If they’re not evaluating the players why would they or their staff even participate? Sorry but it’s clearly to assess kids and earn extra $$$.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry guys, once a HS coach decides to make the summer team a "for-profit business" all bets are off. Once the line is crossed it is no longer a "High School Team". You can try to justify it but at the end of the day it is now a "pay to play for-profit business" and the players are now the customers. It is unfortunate that this is the way the sport has progressed but this is the reality. You simply can not have it both ways. It is either business or it is a HS Team. It can not be both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry guys, once a HS coach decides to make the summer team a "for-profit business" all bets are off. Once the line is crossed it is no longer a "High School Team". You can try to justify it but at the end of the day it is now a "pay to play for-profit business" and the players are now the customers. It is unfortunate that this is the way the sport has progressed but this is the reality. You simply can not have it both ways. It is either business or it is a HS Team. It can not be both.

So here we go again..........Cant have a HS/JV coach for summer travel teams. Cant have "daddy" coaches. Cant have college kids because they are usually hung over wearing flip flops and are here for summer only. College coach??.....cmon really, they are out scouting for their real team. So please, inform me who should be coaching summer travel teams that would meet your criteria???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So here we go again..........Cant have a HS/JV coach for summer travel teams. Cant have "daddy" coaches. Cant have college kids because they are usually hung over wearing flip flops and are here for summer only. College coach??.....cmon really, they are out scouting for their real team. So please, inform me who should be coaching summer travel teams that would meet your criteria???

As I have written earlier, any HS coach who gets involved in ANY town sponsored lacrosse is CRAZY!! It's a lose/lose situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As I have written earlier, any HS coach who gets involved in ANY town sponsored lacrosse is CRAZY!! It's a lose/lose situation.

Yes...... we get your "opinion"........easy to give an opinion.....how about your solution???? Is your opinion consistent with all other HS/JV coaches in other sports???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It all started with me and the intent was the players are more policing this. I liked the coach put it out there wish he would have demanded it. When and where someone asked. When, When a team wants to be #1 and not juts a contender. Sure, in life there is a balance, some go over board and some dont do enough. But it great to see when the kids police it themselfs.

I loved the fact that a certain school hold their seniors accountable, cant be a capt if you don't do certain things, this is for a town thing every weekend just for limited HS team stuff. Your a Soph or Jr and you need to go to UA, Maverick or a college for a Showcase, go Ahead. 3 rate tournament with a B team definitely not, You say you have to work, ample time is given to make accommodations (that is what the real life is like) plan ahead.

I heard players over slept, I heard players flat out said no, i heard players were at other events days prior, I heard players had to work. Those are absolutely reasons for Jr and Srs to be coerced and disciplined.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not the poster that you are responding to but I will chime in.

The guy does not sound like a trouble maker at all. In fact, he sounds pretty reasonable. I agree, if my kid were coerced into playing for his HS coaches "pay to play - for profit" summer team I would want that coach gone as well. The original post stated that kids were missing do to the fact that they were working. I am proud of any young man who is working in the summer. If you think some meaningless tournament should come before work you are a stunad. If you think it is acceptable for HS coaches to coerce kids into paying them to play on a team or in a tournament through threats of not being considered for captain you are a bigger dope than originally thought. Let me clear it up for you, it's called extortion you dimwit.

You asked the question: "who are you to keep stating the coach will be out". He or she sounds like a parent who knows right from wrong. They sound like a parent that will stand up and make sure that people will be held accountable for their actions.

The person clearly stated that he was not aware of any nonsense taking place at his sons school and that his son has never been penalized for missing "school summer team" games in order to go to Under Armour, Club games or Showcases.

Do you actually think that coercion by a HS coach is acceptable?

Id be prouder of my son if he organized his schedule around certain things that are important to him. School or family events. Oh wait mine did!

What gets my goat is those boys who just want to assume they will be good, start and be capt and the team will be #1 but dont seem to put a real effort into things but instead give lame butt excuses.
I am just saying if you claim to be a lacrosse player (and lacrosse is important to you) and your coach offers a great opportunity to play as a team, you jump at it. not say Nah I got to work. You plan and schedule for it.

there is a difference between having to work and saying you have to work. The coaches wernt doing the Coercion in this case. The coaches offered up opportunities, many of the boys jumped at the opportunity some did not. Those that didnt will complain later on why why why. You need to put the work in. You need to put the work in as a team and individually.

Soft - actions speak louder that words

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes...... we get your "opinion"........easy to give an opinion.....how about your solution???? Is your opinion consistent with all other HS/JV coaches in other sports???

I feel any high school team that has a coach that is willing to coach a summer team is very lucky. It is pay to play of course. These tournaments are not free to join and its not free to put a staff together. You have travel, hotel, and food stipend expenses. Add some team gear for coaches on sidelines and also pay for the coaches and insurance. All the expenses add up.

Whats the benefit of doing out of season tournaments? Having your team gel and get a feeling for the up and coming players. Many of the teams that did well this year in high school also played a few summer tournaments together and also a few fall tournaments. Yes there are those towns that are lucky to have a few very strong club players but year to year that changes. So coaches need to keep their players playing together. Its a double edge sword because there are those that call these coaches crazy and there are the ones that are all for it. I for one would have loved for my sons high school coach to put together a few summer tournaments. His level of commitment to the team is sub par at best and the results showed it. Lost too many close games. You can practice all you want but its game experience that counts. Playing in these summer tournaments also allows for players to get experience in games that they may not get in season. A smart coach runs the plays he would in season so the new varsity players can get a feel for his style. As a result they will be ready when they are called upon. Of course you need players to put in the time on their own. If everyone buys in it leads to that and the senior and upperclassmen influence is very important. A non-cohesive team results in selfish play and a me me mentality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade High School team won the National High School Championship Tournament this past weekend beating some great teams. Team looks good for 2019.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is heading to college to play Division 1 Lacrosse this year. He did not play for a powerhouse high school but yet he worked hard and will be playing at a school that is the perfect fit for him. He has received many honors over the years. UA All American was not one of them ... but he never tried out . I would never come on here and bash those players who were chosen . It is a great honor and they should be proud. At the same time, I would hope that people would not come on here and say the US All American honors are all political. Bottom line ... all these boys are great players with a love for a sport. Can’t we just leave it at that! Go and cheer on your son without knocking down others!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So here we go again.......Cant have a HS/JV coach for summer travel teams. Cant have "daddy" coaches. Cant have college kids because they are usually hung over wearing flip flops and are here for summer only. College coach??.....cmon really, they are out scouting for their real team. So please, inform me who should be coaching summer travel teams that would meet your criteria???

I do not think that anyone says that a HS coach can't coach in the summer. Just stop calling it a HS Team and stop with the BS about commitment etc...

If there is coercion to play and the coach is profiting it is extortion.

"ex·tor·tion /ikˈstôrSH(ə)n/
noun: extortion; plural noun: extortions
the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats.
synonyms: blackmail, shakedown"

If there is any threat of punishment or negative consequence for not playing (paying) for a HS coaches for-profit summer team then there is a major problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade High School team won the National High School Championship Tournament this past weekend beating some great teams. Team looks good for 2019.

Congrats Chaminade!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not my opinion, it's my solution. Keep the HS coach out of the equation, that way no crying and complaining parents. Yes my opinion is that the HS football coach should not coach the local youth team. What's your solution.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats Chaminade!

How many other threads are you going to post this on and then respond to yourself until someone pats you on the back Cham daddy? Don’t you get it....nobody cares!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So they finally actually played up to the hype...who was coaching? hopefully that won't b e the high point of their lives and they don't falter in the Spring. That being said. Well done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So they finally actually played up to the hype...who was coaching? hopefully that won't b e the high point of their lives and they don't falter in the Spring. That being said. Well done.

Stellar fogos and goalies and 1 beast midfielder. This was a good enough formula to get the job done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trouble in syo land!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trouble in syo land!!!

Do tell, do tell!!! Inquiring minds want to know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trouble in syo land!!!

End of era!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trouble in syo land!!!

End of era!!!

End of an era or error?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trouble in syo land!!!

End of era!!!

Move along, nothing to see here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want, gimmie, i'll take. I'll have. Parents operate the same way with the admin as the do in the bagel store in that town. You just ushered out the best coach your program has ever had who brought you to the greatest success consistently that your program has ever had. Enjoy the ride down the rankings...albeit with all your clothes on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want, gimmie, i'll take. I'll have. Parents operate the same way with the admin as the do in the bagel store in that town. You just ushered out the best coach your program has ever had who brought you to the greatest success consistently that your program has ever had. Enjoy the ride down the rankings...albeit with all your clothes on.

You saying the coach was let go?

Like Reply Quote
Page 127 of 264 1 2 125 126 127 128 129 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard