BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Girls Tryouts 2018/2019
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Any news from the early tryout season

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls Tryouts 2018/2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by freeposition

tournaments are not done yet..there are no tryouts yet

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Tryouts are starting to get released. Today, the Jesters Girls United & the LI Top Guns published theirs and I would think more will follow as I would think most of the teams are offering tryouts in the mid to late of August.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by MomOf6

Tryouts are starting to get released. Today, the Jesters Girls United & the LI Top Guns published theirs and I would think more will follow as I would think most of the teams are offering tryouts in the mid to late of August.

That’s great. But this is the Mid Atlantic forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember good ol' days when we at least had to late August/early September to have tryouts?
Now the race is on to be the 1st one to have tryouts before travel tournaments are even done...smh

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I liked the early tryouts so the stick skills were still there and then summer trips with family. These younger groups should not be playing into 3rd week of July--$$$$$$ and then burn out.

(NA) Re: Girls Tryouts 2018/2019
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC will be posting some of the Clubs in MD/VA by next week. If there are any particular organizations you are looking for, please write down club names so we can reach out to them. Thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bay Area Lacrosse is next week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the drama begin. When my D played Club -you only had a few choices and you stayed loyal. Now club hopping. poaching are norm-its a shame.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How sad that a very large m n d parent hover and watches other 6th graders and blatantly states we will recruit x player next year
Glad our parents told him to please go away sicko

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
]
How sad that a very large m n d parent hover and watches other 6th graders and blatantly states we will recruit x player next year
Glad our parents told him to please go away sicko

What are you babbling about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the drama begin. When my D played Club -you only had a few choices and you stayed loyal. Now club hopping. poaching are norm-its a shame.

In my opinion, it's one thing to have girls from a club encourage their friends from another club to tryout for their team. What I find a bit underhanded is when a club director reaches out personally to girls on another team and tries to get them to switch over. The first scenario is acceptable. To me, the second is not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In my opinion, it's one thing to have girls from a club encourage their friends from another club to tryout for their team. What I find a bit underhanded is when a club director reaches out personally to girls on another team and tries to get them to switch over. The first scenario is acceptable. To me, the second is not.

Sadly this is becoming more and more frequent and can put the girl in an uncomfortable position of having to decide between playing with friends against promises that may not be realistic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Real world problems. Don’t think for a second this doesn’t haven in high school, college, and th pros. Wake u.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pros
Are you delusional? Girls lacrosse should be for fun. There is no future in it. Save your money and get a tutor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know exactly. Stay away from the donuts baltimore shark

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to the club seen -6th grader D-how much is club lax per year-estimate. Hard to tell online-a lot of clubs charge per tourney and season . I would rather have upfront #.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
All in around $2,000-2,500 not including hotels for away tourneys. Beware of the clubs that ask for a nominal fee upfront that does not include all tourneys, training and coaching etc. Be careful of "for profit "clubs with mandatory fund raising as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by shootingspace
All in around $2,000-2,500 not including hotels for away tourneys. Beware of the clubs that ask for a nominal fee upfront that does not include all tourneys, training and coaching etc. Be careful of "for profit "clubs with mandatory fund raising as well.

Add roughly $500 more per away tournament for hotel stays, gas and food. Also fees will be added if the team ends up playing in an indoor league for the winter. It’s an investment. If you are smart, you will budget about $6000 a year for club to play safe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sadly this is becoming more and more frequent and can put the girl in an uncomfortable position of having to decide between playing with friends against promises that may not be realistic.

Girls want to play with friends or in a place that they can make friends . We were phoned at home in the evening and emailed by multiple clubs to switch over. It was uncomfortable and really unethical . We stayed with our club because they really cared about the girls developing and not the wins and losses. BTW she got to play at a top 20 program and is now in Medical School-not to brag but to prove a point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some clubs are about the social life, some are about the development of its players, and some are about nothing more than making money. Do your homework. In the end all that matters is that your daughter is getting better as a player and having fun and making memories doing it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth is there are only a few clubs that are worth the money. And playing on a B team no longer makes any sense. It used to be that M&D Red, SW White, Hero's White were better than most A teams. This is no longer the case as there are so many options now. But take a look at the G8 divisions. If you aren't playing on one of the teams in the top 2 divisions you are wasting your time and money. And if your daughter's team wasn't invited to G8 that should tell you something too.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Some clubs are about the social life, some are about the development of its players, and some are about nothing more than making money. Do your homework. In the end all that matters is that your daughter is getting better as a player and having fun and making memories doing it.

Agreed completely. It would be great to get some personal experiences good and bad with different clubs to help new parents and girls looking for right fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth is there are only a few clubs that are worth the money. And playing on a B team no longer makes any sense. It used to be that M&D Red, SW White, Hero's White were better than most A teams. This is no longer the case as there are so many options now. But take a look at the G8 divisions. If you aren't playing on one of the teams in the top 2 divisions you are wasting your time and money. And if your daughter's team wasn't invited to G8 that should tell you something too.

Cannot agree with this post whatsoever. Our daughter is in her final season with one of the teams mentioned above. 10 of her teammates are Division I recruited to great schools, the others are attending a mix of Division II and III schools. They have beaten numerous "A" teams, however struggle against some of the top tier A teams. We would witness 25-30 DI coaches on the sidelines during their freshman and sophomore seasons and most girls were recruited before the rule changes.

Teams that have strong "A" and "B" teams show that they are viable. Teams that have only 1 team per age group sometimes don't get invited to larger tournaments, such as LFTC, G8, etc. Definitely agree that there are more options, but you don't have to be in the top 2 divisions of a tournament to be "seen". Good luck with finding a great club that has knowledgeable coaches that will push/challenge your daughter to be the best she can be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The most stressed-out, blank coaches I have ever run across in girls lacrosse are coaches of B teams who are forced by their program to play in A. This bill of goods ("our club is so strong even our B teams play in A") can lead to a lot of pressure on coaches and kids. Every B roster has a decent number of girls who are not A girls or who don't want to be there.. That said, the M&D and Heros B teams are typically excellent. The 2020 Heros White just made it to the championship game of the Mid-Atlantic Club Championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which club are you referring to with all the "B team" college recruits? What colleges are they attending?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The most stressed-out, blank coaches I have ever run across in girls lacrosse are coaches of B teams who are forced by their program to play in A. This bill of goods ("our club is so strong even our B teams play in A") can lead to a lot of pressure on coaches and kids. Every B roster has a decent number of girls who are not A girls or who don't want to be there.. That said, the M&D and Heros B teams are typically excellent. The 2020 Heros White just made it to the championship game of the Mid-Atlantic Club Championship.

Maybe thats not the reason B teams play in A divisions. Maybe its because the coaches of said teams want their players to get better by playing the tougher, stronger, faster competition. Don’t think it has anything to do with believing their B teams are just as good as their A teams. If that were the case, then wouldn’t they just have two A teams? Ding Dong. I have B player whose team played in the A division this year. We didn’t go into it thinking were an A team. We went into it hoping we would come out a better team. We did just that. Our players got better by playing better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe thats not the reason B teams play in A divisions. Maybe its because the coaches of said teams want their players to get better by playing the tougher, stronger, faster competition. Don’t think it has anything to do with believing their B teams are just as good as their A teams. If that were the case, then wouldn’t they just have two A teams? Ding Dong. I have B player whose team played in the A division this year. We didn’t go into it thinking were an A team. We went into it hoping we would come out a better team. We did just that. Our players got better by playing better.

I am very happy it is working out for you and I hope your daughter continues to improve and enjoy the game.

The point I was trying to make is that in 10+ years of coaching girls club lacrosse in Maryland the two biggest jerk coaches I have witnessed were both middle-aged male coaches of B teams playing in the A brackets (screaming at officials, loudly disparaging 12 year old girls on the other team, knucklehead behavior before and after games, etc...). My post probably just should have left it at that rather than adding the additional analysis and hypothesis (and a compliment!).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am very happy it is working out for you and I hope your daughter continues to improve and enjoy the game.

The point I was trying to make is that in 10+ years of coaching girls club lacrosse in Maryland the two biggest jerk coaches I have witnessed were both middle-aged male coaches of B teams playing in the A brackets (screaming at officials, loudly disparaging 12 year old girls on the other team, knucklehead behavior before and after games, etc...). My post probably just should have left it at that rather than adding the additional analysis and hypothesis (and a compliment!).
[/quote]

Wow-for a club coach you may want to evaluate your moral compass.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Not sure how this got hijacked to a discussion of A and B teams in tournaments and who is wasting money on "lesser clubs". There are many fine clubs that never win a " tee shirt" but the girls go on to get substantial scholarships at great colleges. And also many "A " girls who take small scholarships at colleges and never make it thru fall ball freshman year. Check the stats on transfers and scholarship money- and keep your judgment in check.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I liked the early tryouts so the stick skills were still there and then summer trips with family. These younger groups should not be playing into 3rd week of July--$$$$$$ and then burn out.

I think that’s hunk, sorry. I’d think a good month off to let stick skills drop off shows true colors. Player takes 10-14 days off in August knowing day Sept 7th tryout and Player on their own or in training sharpens skills proving at tryout they dedicated player. Don’t need to make it weekend after School Lax followed by Travel Lax and then on couch till February again. No bueno!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by shootingspace
Not sure how this got hijacked to a discussion of A and B teams in tournaments and who is wasting money on "lesser clubs". There are many fine clubs that never win a " tee shirt" but the girls go on to get substantial scholarships at great colleges. And also many "A " girls who take small scholarships at colleges and never make it thru fall ball freshman year. Check the stats on transfers and scholarship money- and keep your judgment in check.

Thanks Momma Bear

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also agree with the earlier tryout. First of all if your daughter is no bueno after summer tourneys -a few weeks of individuals isn't going to help. Plus if they don't make that team -they can tryout for another. Eggs in one basket-makes for no club in fall especially for suzy superstar.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams play up to get better, not for entitlement. We just played the M&D red 23’s in the MASC and the ball was on the ground 80% more than it was when we played black.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have more of a problem with A teams sandbagging and playing in a B bracket to win a tee shirt and post on the website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have more of a problem with A teams sandbagging and playing in a B bracket to win a tee shirt and post on the website.

Name an A team that has done that. I can’t think of one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I witnessed this many times as well. If you really want names PM me. I don't think you watch much club lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I witnessed this many times as well. If you really want names PM me. I don't think you watch much club lax.

Save the PM me crap. You post anonymously. Name an A team that you have witnessed playing in the B division. Just one. While we are at it, if you can name just one, tell me their record in the A division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about your "B" team is actually a "C" team or just a weaker "B" team. Name your tournament that this happened in. Lots of weak "B" teams, that kick a@@ in subpar tournaments and lots of strong "B" teams that get their a@@'s handed to them playing "A" crossovers. Consider the tournament and watch an actual "A" team, play in a real tournament. Perhaps your "B" team is actual not that good.

With that...if I had to name one, it would be a team from Maryland: Maryland United.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MDU in their younger groups because they are getting waxed in NGLL must appease the parents . Skywalkers, Redshirts , LBC , Heroes . BTW some clubs have years that teams are A and teams are B within the same club.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard