BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Girls 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is up in 2022? The LI and MD teams are not able to compete?

Settle down Monster dad. You won one tournament.

Let's see how Monster 2022 does in the G8 against YJ, Heros, M&D and SW...oh that's right you are not in that one, guess you were not invited. Have fun at the T3 tournament

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is up in 2022? The LI and MD teams are not able to compete?

Let's see how Monster 2022 does in the G8 against YJ, Heros, M&D and SW...oh that's right you are not in that one, guess you were not invited. Have fun at the T3 tournament

lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not very many good matchups for Summer Club Championships.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Not very many good matchups for Summer Club Championships.

Let's see how YJ does against Monster

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i hope M&D 22 black does not strain themselves to bad with their schedule. avoiding Heros and LI top guns. must be nice when the owner runs the tournament and makes the schedule

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Not very many good matchups for Summer Club Championships.

they beat them once this summer already...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i hope M&D 22 black does not strain themselves to bad with their schedule. avoiding Heros and LI top guns. must be nice when the owner runs the tournament and makes the schedule

14-2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG game against Heros will be a must win for both teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats the tryout landscape like at this age? Will there be movement at the top? Obviously YJ and TG A teams are dominant but does it make sense to move on if you’re stuck at a lower level team at a top club? After YJ/TG what are the next best teams: Elevate, Empire, Legacy? 91 has 2 teams - are they both equal or is one A and the other B? Thoughts? I’d rather not have my daughter stuck on a YJ C or D team as she approaches HS....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats the tryout landscape like at this age? Will there be movement at the top? Obviously YJ and TG A teams are dominant but does it make sense to move on if you’re stuck at a lower level team at a top club? After YJ/TG what are the next best teams: Elevate, Empire, Legacy? 91 has 2 teams - are they both equal or is one A and the other B? Thoughts? I’d rather not have my daughter stuck on a YJ C or D team as she approaches HS....

1 of the 2022 91 teams played up (91 22 Orange) and did very well in the JV division this weekend while the other played in a weak 23/22 division. This gives a good indication of how 91 views the abilities of these teams: 1 is A, the other B

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Not very many good matchups for Summer Club Championships.

Monster over YJ. YJ didn't even make the playoffs what happened

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Not very many good matchups for Summer Club Championships.

CR sent a looney tune to coach. I guess drug testing of YJ directors isn’t mandatory.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lost by a goal in a close game..It was a 10 team bracket, top 2 teams move on.. YJ had 1 loss ( to Monster) the top 2 finishers each had 3 wins and a tie.
you cant point fingers when the teams dont play the same opponents.
congrats to Monster.. they are in the conversation at this age group no doubt

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lost by a goal in a close game..It was a 10 team bracket, top 2 teams move on.. YJ had 1 loss ( to Monster) the top 2 finishers each had 3 wins and a tie.
you cant point fingers when the teams dont play the same opponents.
congrats to Monster.. they are in the conversation at this age group no doubt

M&D parent here. Monster is a very good team, well coached, the offense never stops moving their feet or the ball. One of these days we will beat you. Congratulations on the tournament win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ELevate 22 has not played in one strong tournament all summer. How do you even know how good or bad they are? What would you base that on? This weekend they went to a tournament in MD and won all their games by an average of 13 goals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ELevate 22 has not played in one strong tournament all summer. How do you even know how good or bad they are? What would you base that on? This weekend they went to a tournament in MD and won all their games by an average of 13 goals.

I have an actual question (please refrain from sarcasm). My daughter played Elevate this year and as stated above, we went to several tournaments and the competition was weak at best. the other poster is correct, we drove to MD to play some very bad competition. We did win and get a t-shirt for the win but my daughter got NOTHING out of this season. My 2022 is above average player. I also have a 2023 who is much better than average but did nit play travel this summer and will likely start next summer. The goal of joining travel this year was for her to play with much better kids, push herself and improve and play strong competition and get good coaching. With Elevate we unfortunately did not get any of those things. It was nice, with the tent, and the gear and the dinners but for the amount of money we spent and the time and money we spent on travel it was not what we were looking for. This weekend was a microcosm of the entire season. We won all of our games in blowouts and the highlight was setting up one girl for a BTB goal and everyone on the field knew it was coming. The club owner and his daughter acted as if it was the highlight of the summer. The club owner and the daughter are just not what we are looking for when it comes to travel lax. So my question is, where do we go for tryouts in August and September. We are truly looking for them to be challenged, be coached and to get better. On Elevate my 2022 was one of the best kids and honestly, she is only slightly above average in the lacrosse world. We live on the boarder on Nassau and Suffolk and would think we have some real options. Again, I have a 2022 and a 2023. I will post in the 2023 forum as well for input. Thanks in advance for your reply.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have an actual question (please refrain from sarcasm). My daughter played Elevate this year and as stated above, we went to several tournaments and the competition was weak at best. the other poster is correct, we drove to MD to play some very bad competition. We did win and get a t-shirt for the win but my daughter got NOTHING out of this season. My 2022 is above average player. I also have a 2023 who is much better than average but did nit play travel this summer and will likely start next summer. The goal of joining travel this year was for her to play with much better kids, push herself and improve and play strong competition and get good coaching. With Elevate we unfortunately did not get any of those things. It was nice, with the tent, and the gear and the dinners but for the amount of money we spent and the time and money we spent on travel it was not what we were looking for. This weekend was a microcosm of the entire season. We won all of our games in blowouts and the highlight was setting up one girl for a BTB goal and everyone on the field knew it was coming. The club owner and his daughter acted as if it was the highlight of the summer. The club owner and the daughter are just not what we are looking for when it comes to travel lax. So my question is, where do we go for tryouts in August and September. We are truly looking for them to be challenged, be coached and to get better. On Elevate my 2022 was one of the best kids and honestly, she is only slightly above average in the lacrosse world. We live on the boarder on Nassau and Suffolk and would think we have some real options. Again, I have a 2022 and a 2023. I will post in the 2023 forum as well for input. Thanks in advance for your reply.

We are in the same position. Looking for better coaching and more competitive games. Don't want to travel to MD for blowouts. Any thoughts on Liberty? Was forwarded an email regarding tryouts in late august.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are in the same position. Looking for better coaching and more competitive games. Don't want to travel to MD for blowouts. Any thoughts on Liberty? Was forwarded an email regarding tryouts in late august.

We are having a great experience at liberty. It is run by Danielle and Meg. Danielle is not returning as the Manhasset coach but assume that meg will be. They are both running the program year round which is what makes the coaching so good. Unlike other clubs where they bring in college kids for the summer and parent coaches the rest of the year Danielle and meg are there year round. I know they are running some clinics before tryouts - have your kid go to one so you can see. Don’t listen to people on here - go experience it. Again we had a great experience at liberty and my daughter improved tremendously which is what we were looking for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For Liberty - make sure to ask Danielle and Meg about the private lessons they give on the side, very helpful!!! I think that they will have some open slots going forward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude ..who gives a rats patooey about the lessons on the side..if they are good and meaningful, then its worth it..
But we were at Liberty for 3 years..and contrary to whatever the above mom states, they have college kids coaching the teams..up and down the program..lived it for 3 years.
If your daughter is an "A" player at a certain age, she will be coached by Meg or DG..but if not, count on her being coached by a college kid(s).
Liberty a decent program..but be aware--again--that if your daughter is not an "A" player, she will never have DG as a coach...
As for getting scorched by Elevate director/daughter...blame yourself for not heeding the postings on BOTC ....guy is a bottom-feeder..hey, but the $2.50 1st place tee-shirt looks good on the website

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your looking for better competition and/or playing with better talent to push your daughter. You have 2 choices of yellowjackets or top guns. Might be a lateral move with other clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your looking for better competition and/or playing with better talent to push your daughter. You have 2 choices of yellowjackets or top guns. Might be a lateral move with other clubs.

The above is true.. remember that trying to crack a clubs A team at this stage of club lax will be difficult. some of these girls have been playing together for awhile with the same coach and thir abilities are "known" . its tough to show much in a 2-3 hour tryout.
be prepared to accept a slot on a YJ or TG "B" team the first season. if your daughter can play they will find her during next season and she will have a better chance of moving up with some experience under her belt

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'

The above is true.. remember that trying to crack a clubs A team at this stage of club lax will be difficult. some of these girls have been playing together for awhile with the same coach and thir abilities are "known" . its tough to show much in a 2-3 hour tryout.
be prepared to accept a slot on a YJ or TG "B" team the first season. if your daughter can play they will find her during next season and she will have a better chance of moving up with some experience under her belt

Thanks for the input. I am in central/ north Nassau in East Willison. Are these clubs in Suffolk and when do they generally practice? I guess may have to bite the bullet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG practices in West Babylon "Tooker Ave School" at least 1x per week leading up to and during summer season

YJ practices either at Holbrook PAL or at field based on the coaches discretion/availability. practice frequency is similar to above

TG Tryouts are in August & are posted on club website
YJ Tryouts are in October.

If you make a TG team you will probably have to pay a deposit while you wait to see if you made a YJ team.. non refundable.
Both teams "tuition" is about the same but payment schedule is different
Big Bill will take a check, CR wants her $ direct deposited ( with a transaction fee)

neither club really get involved with hotel blocks and tournament tents and team snacks.. players and teams are on their own. most parents from either club are good people with similar goals ( back stabbers exist on every team) you and your daughter will make friends on either club.
TG uses college player coaches during most tournament games.. the Smiths run most practices
YJ uses adult Coaches, usually without a kid on the team but their are some parent coaches, college players work mostly as assistants

basically, your choice between the two clubs comes down to intuition or coin flip

Good Luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG practices in West Babylon "Tooker Ave School" at least 1x per week leading up to and during summer season

YJ practices either at Holbrook PAL or at field based on the coaches discretion/availability. practice frequency is similar to above

If you make a TG team you will probably have to pay a deposit while you wait to see if you made a YJ team.. non refundable.
Big Bill will take a check, CR wants her $ direct deposited ( with a transaction fee)

neither club really get involved with hotel blocks and tournament tents and team snacks.. players and teams are on their own. most parents from either club are good people with similar goals ( back stabbers exist on every team) you and your daughter will make friends on either club.
TG uses college player coaches during most tournament games.. the Smiths run most practices
YJ uses adult Coaches, usually without a kid on the team but their are some parent coaches, college players work mostly as assistants

basically, your choice between the two clubs comes down to intuition or coin flip

Good Luck

Liberty - practice in Manhasset or sometimes St. Doms on northern blvd. Definitely lower key but good coaching. Price around the same. Tryouts in August

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HERE WE GO AGAIN........... Came all the wayyyyyy down to Cap Cup with my 2022 and we played 2 games and killed both teams. I admittedly know Elevate is not that good but why cant we play any good teams??????? We have one game against a team that will be competitive and that's it! Our last game will be a blow out as I watched them play. Spent a lot of $$$ and a lot of time! There must be a better way as I don't want to waste another summer! Please help me before tryouts as I don't want to do this again! My daughter said they don't even give out T-shirts if we win all our games this weekend....... what will the owner post online then?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HERE WE GO AGAIN........... Came all the wayyyyyy down to Cap Cup with my 2022 and we played 2 games and killed both teams. I admittedly know Elevate is not that good but why cant we play any good teams??????? We have one game against a team that will be competitive and that's it! Our last game will be a blow out as I watched them play. Spent a lot of $$$ and a lot of time! There must be a better way as I don't want to waste another summer! Please help me before tryouts as I don't want to do this again! My daughter said they don't even give out T-shirts if we win all our games this weekend....... what will the owner post online then?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
iwlca debut is a no go event - and unfortunately, your club director and coaches should know that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good Luck

Liberty - practice in Manhasset or sometimes St. Doms on northern blvd. Definitely lower key but good coaching. Price around the same. Tryouts in August

If your kids can play and the ultimate goal is to get into a good school and not be abused by her club coaches in the process then liberty is the way to go. Also will have a legit chance at making top team if she can play, YJ and TG "B/C/D" teams are a waste of time and money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the best team in the age group, Monsters, who is also age appropriate, decided to go to Lake Placid instead of US Lacrosse. US Lacrosse is just going to be a pathetic waste of time. Nobody does it anymore because its dumb.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard