BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,212
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 45 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 45
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You think Smash was nothing before JR? Your wrong. Fake news. Smash was winning since 3rd grade, everyone in 2022 knows that. JR joined Smash just this year. Read his Newsday stats for high school, he had 39 goals and 45 assists. He is not a ball hog at any level of play, he always gets more assists than goals for his high school and same for Smash.

Not during recent tournaments, Dad. Orange kool aid must taste really good. Keep telling yourself that

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
United will be a B team with all the same kids going there from 91’s B team. JM will be a failure with this venture of his.

JM or Marksberry or Dingleberry, or whatever you want to call the United coach is breaking off from 91 and forming his own club team. The only thing that team had going for it was being part of 9D1, but now that they are a separate organization, who would join? Dingleberry was a D3 player from Ithaca coaching at Farmingdale. Without 9D1, he has no connections.

Dingleberry keeps trying to play Smash, but we don't want to play them because they are no competition. Smash played United one time and United was up during the first 2 or 3 minutes, but then Smash demolished them 12-3. Since it was a 9D1 tourney, 9D1 was kind and posted a final score of 9-3 on tourney machine.

Parents are real unhappy on that team. Too many kids on that team.Total money grab. Dingleberry added an ex-Smash kid right before playing Smash. Yes, you heard that right. Dingleberry added so many kids during the year and added 2 more kids in June hoping to find a kid to make the team better to beat Smash. I feel sorry for the United parents paid and practiced together for 10 months and Dingleberry added 2 kids at the very end who didn't pay, but got to play the last 1.5 months. I am sure the kids who lost their starting spots are really happy about that. Parents say they have 30 man roster.

Now that Dingleberry is breaking off and forming his own team, you can bet that he will take more than 30 to make $$. Money now goes in his pocket since he owns his own team. Stay away from coaches who keep huge rosters, add kids throughout the year and run around thinking they are AA instead of solid B+ team. United should have competed in more mid level tournaments, conditioned their boys to win at that level and then considered AA tournaments instead of entering all AA teams at tournaments and losing so badly this year.

When you say “we” don’t want to play them, are we now to assume that you are a smash parent? If that is the case, I don’t know what you are proud of. Your team is winning because of one kid. Everyone knows who he is. Smash was nothing for the last couple years and now all of a sudden they’re winning everything because one kid is selfish and scores all the goals. I wonder how the rest of the parents on the team feel – especially the parents of the other attackmen. You can all sit around and lie and say we don’t care because we know you all just want to win and it doesn’t matter how. Just keep drinking the orange Kool-Aid-and let’s not forget that he was reclassified. Hope you’re proud of yourselves.

Igloo parent lololol after watching that championship game I understand you being upset Kinda glad we got knocked out early tht was rough to watch Think Jr had most of the goals It’s orange look aid or Blue Gatorade igloo parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dingle/Marksberry and his United crew are writing all these posts how good United is because tryouts are around the corner. It stinks to lose so much and try to fool others about how good you are!.They won one small tournament all year and you don't see them at any real tournament other than Tristar, where they lost all 3 games in regular play and won 2 consolation bracket games to bad teams. Don't be fooled. Save your $3-4k and join a team whose coach is honorable and will not keep adding. Ask Dingle/Marksberry to offer a 100% refund in writing if he adds more than 2 kids after practice or if he keeps more than 25 kids on his roster. He will not do it.

Is there a club or a coach at this age level this is honest or honorable?

Ouside of the top teams, it does seem to be a pure money grab!

Find me team that makes cuts. Find me a coach who tells a parent that their kid should be able to catch and throw going into 9th grade!

This behavior coupled with compliant parents will erode the soul
of this great sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets get one thing straight. Smash parents could care less about JM. He coaches a great bunch of kids. Many of the Smash and United boys are great friends.
As for the subject of his coaching abilities:
First and foremost, there is nobody in the lax world that spews more lies and garbage. For those of you that have crossed paths with him you know all too well. If you're a parent on that team and cannot admit that then you have been dragged into the cult.
Really good offensive coach, I will give him that. His philosophy unfortunately is not about the kids, it's for his own ego. If your son plays defense and you buy into his garbage you should sign your kid up for baseball because you too have no clue.
What's his obsession with Smash?????
Just go out and coach your kids to get better over the course of the year. Travel lacrosse is not about winning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You think Smash was nothing before JR? Your wrong. Fake news. Smash was winning since 3rd grade, everyone in 2022 knows that. JR joined Smash just this year. Read his Newsday stats for high school, he had 39 goals and 45 assists. He is not a ball hog at any level of play, he always gets more assists than goals for his high school and same for Smash.

This is fake news - 2022 Smash wasnt winning any good tournaments before JR and the new players this year. And even when they were winning he usually played with them and the 2023 Spallinas woudl be playing up.

Played against and beat them before they this year BOOM wiped us out.

The 2022's were a low end AA or high end A. This year they are top 3 in the country - JR has a lot to do with that.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 3 in the country!!!! Top 10 in Maryland maybe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 did not win one tournament last year. This year they added some new players and they got better. With JR they look unbeatable. Kid is unbelievable talent but lets be honest, he is a complete ball hog when he plays at this level. He had 9 goals against us and wouldn't come out of the game when asked by the coach. I think everyone that watched that game was upset, us for letting one kid beat us like that and them for knowing he was the reason they beat us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 did not win one tournament last year. This year they added some new players and they got better. With JR they look unbeatable. Kid is unbelievable talent but lets be honest, he is a complete ball hog when he plays at this level. He had 9 goals against us and wouldn't come out of the game when asked by the coach. I think everyone that watched that game was upset, us for letting one kid beat us like that and them for knowing he was the reason they beat us.

NEWS FLASH: 91 Smash has Always been a “top team” in LI and the country. JR is an incredible talent, and his HS stats are impressive. He only makes the team that much stronger, and top 3 in country is accurate imho.
As a lover of the game, I hope his development continues in this “stat-direction”.
He’s fun to watch when he shares the rock, but I can feel the “selfish/look at me” sentiment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets get one thing straight. Smash parents could care less about JM. He coaches a great bunch of kids. Many of the Smash and United boys are great friends.
As for the subject of his coaching abilities:
First and foremost, there is nobody in the lax world that spews more lies and garbage. For those of you that have crossed paths with him you know all too well. If you're a parent on that team and cannot admit that then you have been dragged into the cult.
Really good offensive coach, I will give him that. His philosophy unfortunately is not about the kids, it's for his own ego. If your son plays defense and you buy into his garbage you should sign your kid up for baseball because you too have no clue.
What's his obsession with Smash?????
Just go out and coach your kids to get better over the course of the year. Travel lacrosse is not about winning.

Spot on assessment. He's full of ego and you can't believe a word he says. Don't drink that (Marks)berry Koolaid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NEWS FLASH: 91 Smash has Always been a “top team” in LI and the country. JR is an incredible talent, and his HS stats are impressive. He only makes the team that much stronger, and top 3 in country is accurate imho.
As a lover of the game, I hope his development continues in this “stat-direction”.
He’s fun to watch when he shares the rock, but I can feel the “selfish/look at me” sentiment.

NEWS FLASH 2014! Smash has jumped the shark in terms of dominance in this age group. Still a great team, just not #1.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Judging from the scores of the games I would say that Smash won because of defense, not because of one player. Giving up an average of 3 goals a game over 6 games is pretty impressive. Not sure attack had a whole lot to do with that. Also heard they beat PT without winning one face-off. I'd say the defense should get a ton of credit for their recent success.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws 7-6 over DC express today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't matter, they are all going to the Rebels anyway!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great, loser. Outlaws sucked all year. Weak B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the Igloo parent thinks JR is the only reason they lost. That’s hilarious. Smash by far a better team all around. Keep playing that zone defense and be the laughingstock of the age group. Didn’t everyone get all over JM for running the same defense with United? Igloo couldn’t do a thing against Smash D.
Running a zone is an admission that you’re not as good as the team you’re playing.
Nothing wrong with losing a game. Smash team is really good, be a big boy and give credit when credit is due.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the Igloo parent thinks JR is the only reason they lost. That’s hilarious. Smash by far a better team all around. Keep playing that zone defense and be the laughingstock of the age group. Didn’t everyone get all over JM for running the same defense with United? Igloo couldn’t do a thing against Smash D.
Running a zone is an admission that you’re not as good as the team you’re playing.
Nothing wrong with losing a game. Smash team is really good, be a big boy and give credit when credit is due.

Please...smash is a good D but anyone who watched that game saw that jr either scored or assisted every goal in that game. I had him with at least 8 of the goals It was 1-0’igloo before JR scored the next 4. It’s obvious good D with the best player in the grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you’re saying your team could not stop one player??? That’s pretty sad.
Lacrosse is a team game. This isn’t 5th grade PAL where one kid runs around 5 kids and scored.
More losses like that to come my friend. Your program is going nowhere but down

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo averaged 8 goals per game going into the finals, They scored 2 goals in the championship. I'd say the game was won because of defense, not because of one player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smash has one of the weaker defenses out there. Old empire player and that’s about it. But I guess when you don’t have to play much defense because of JR(should be rising junior) it makes your defense look good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They held PT to 3 goals in the semis without winning one face-off. Care to explain what he attack had to do with that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This defenseman’s mommy is very upset about saying her baby boy and his d-mates are a little overrated. It’s ok. We know smash has the best D. Wink wink.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smash has one of the weaker defenses out there. Old empire player and that’s about it. But I guess when you don’t have to play much defense because of JR(should be rising junior) it makes your defense look good.

Couple things smash D is good not great Goalie play is average and that’s part of defense. Jr is NOT a rising junior he plays on the 2020 team and always has played up I will tell you I know that as a FACT as my older boy was around that team plenty and I know the boy. This age is funny yes smash beat us last week but it all is week to week at this age I saw it with my older son. The major difference between smash right now is they have one player that is a difference maker. That said it wouldnt be surprising to see smash lose this weekend in fav I would figure them to lose Enjoy the years with your boys it goes fast. In another year nobody cares who wins club tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couple things smash D is good not great Goalie play is average and that’s part of defense. Jr is NOT a rising junior he plays on the 2020 team and always has played up I will tell you I know that as a FACT as my older boy was around that team plenty and I know the boy. This age is funny yes smash beat us last week but it all is week to week at this age I saw it with my older son. The major difference between smash right now is they have one player that is a difference maker. That said it wouldnt be surprising to see smash lose this weekend in fav I would figure them to lose Enjoy the years with your boys it goes fast. In another year nobody cares who wins club tournaments

And one goalie lives in Texas

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about smash's big super goalie? He told the other goalies at tryouts last fall they all sucked and he was flown in because he was the best in the country!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse is a team game. This isn’t 5th grade PAL where one kid runs around 5 kids and scored.

That’s where you’re wrong-he DID run around 5 kids, or let me rephrase that-he backup up and ball hogged his way ignoring his wide open teammates and scored. Your kid must not be a middie or attackaman. You people keep being pompous and obnoxious and thinking yours doesn’t stink. Everyone knows how you are

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait till he is a 18yr old junior and has to go to an out of state boarding school as a 19yr old to finish high school. Sounds like a solid investment

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The age is funny? His age is not funny. He should be going into his junior year of high school. Playing against rising freshmen. He should be the best player. He played with crush because that’s his age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The age is funny? His age is not funny. He should be going into his junior year of high school. Playing against rising freshmen. He should be the best player. He played with crush because that’s his age group.

Guy, let's get one thing straight. The player in question should not be a rising junior. There are plenty of 2022s older than him. By NY standards he should be a 2021, but again, there are plenty of 2022s older than him. Stop exaggerating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And one goalie lives in Texas

No he doesn't

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
North Carolina

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guy, let's get one thing straight. The player in question should not be a rising junior. There are plenty of 2022s older than him. By NY standards he should be a 2021, but again, there are plenty of 2022s older than him. Stop exaggerating.

The bottomline is that 13 and 14 year old kids that are really graduating in 2022 should not have to play against 15 and 16 year olds. It's not fair and it's cheating! It needs to change to age based not graduating year, simple as that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The bottomline is that 13 and 14 year old kids that are really graduating in 2022 should not have to play against 15 and 16 year olds. It's not fair and it's cheating! It needs to change to age based not graduating year, simple as that.

No doubt, as far as youth lacrosse, I agree that it should be aged based. Please realize that 2022s are rising HS freshman. All bets and all crying is over. And JR ain’t close to being the oldest 2022 your kid wil face so stink it up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Know the boy in question and you are allowing your jealousy or your sons to cloud reality. The boy has and always has played up with crush Repeat plays up! as much as I as well as others have questioned I have to give credit because how many people do you know that play up in travel. He has never re classed and started late. Would of been a very young 2021. Trust me on my sons team alone there are many many older than him. As painful as it is tip your cap there is a double re class on crush but it isn’t Jr the double reclass goes to st Anthony’s if your going to spew lies about kids at least have some facts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is spot on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So you’re saying your team could not stop one player??? That’s pretty sad.

I read this and laughed. This is spot on. Smash defense is good. Their Attack and middies are good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious how is the goalie situation on 91 United?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
United has 3 dedicated goalies. Smithtown East kid plays 3rd goalie on that team. He said first 2 goalies are real good, and one of them used to play on Smash. No goalie training or goalie coaches on that team though, all goalie training is paid for and done outside the team by the parents. Same at fogo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s where you’re wrong-he DID run around 5 kids, or let me rephrase that-he backup up and ball hogged his way ignoring his wide open teammates and scored. Your kid must not be a middie or attackaman. You people keep being pompous and obnoxious and thinking yours doesn’t stink. Everyone knows how you are

I read this and laughed. This is spot on. Kid is a total hog. Smash defense is good. Their Attack and middies are good. But no one on this team will get any credit except for Jr. crazy thing is I think they would win the NLF this weekend without him.

Just like they did last year? Laughable smash is average without JR everyone knows that and it was on display before this year Express gets it done this weekend in a big way. Smash doesn’t even make finals

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing some turnover at igloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the rules state it’s by graduation year not age but it’s cheating??? I’m confused, how is it cheating if it’s within the rules.

Page 42 of 45 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard