BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17
Re: Girls 2021 - 9th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Legacy playing Skywalkers at the Mid Atlantic next week it will be a good test to see how far Legacy progressed this season.

oofa… saw Legacy play against TLC Red @ LLL and they couldn't win a draw or clear the ball. Not many offensive possessions.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy playing Skywalkers at the Mid Atlantic next week it will be a good test to see how far Legacy progressed this season.

Lol. 15-3 SW

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. 15-3 SW

Could still be considered progress. May have been a 15-1 game a year ago. These two teams are in different stratospheres.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

oofa… saw Legacy play against TLC Red @ LLL and they couldn't win a draw or clear the ball. Not many offensive possessions.

One of Legacy’s top players re-injured her knee in the first tourn of the summer. There is some talent on the team, but they are hardly on the field at the same time. Coaches struggle with coaching during games, probably need to be replaced.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think we are all smart enough to figure out NC is part of the south region, and no one is listed as 2020 on a Command roster since the division is defined by UA as 2021/22 grad years. No one is disputing players are allowed to try out in different regions. The UA site says the NC players are 2021s but they are, or at least used to be, 2020s. All were listed as 2020s last year for Brine, and one was even named a 2018 All American with grad year 2020 listed. No idea what the story is, and it didn't impact my 2020 daughter who made the Highlight team where we live, but seems unusual.

https://toplaxrecruits.com/north-carolina-girls-rosters-hs-2020-middle-school-announced-nlclacrosse

Maybe they played up last year.

Nope, all three have 2 years of H.S. completed and are 2020s. I don't really understand how UA allows this. Half the command rosters are true 2022 born in 2004 who have never played in a H.S. game.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think we are all smart enough to figure out NC is part of the south region, and no one is listed as 2020 on a Command roster since the division is defined by UA as 2021/22 grad years. No one is disputing players are allowed to try out in different regions. The UA site says the NC players are 2021s but they are, or at least used to be, 2020s. All were listed as 2020s last year for Brine, and one was even named a 2018 All American with grad year 2020 listed. No idea what the story is, and it didn't impact my 2020 daughter who made the Highlight team where we live, but seems unusual.

https://toplaxrecruits.com/north-carolina-girls-rosters-hs-2020-middle-school-announced-nlclacrosse

Maybe they played up last year.

Nope, all three have 2 years of H.S. completed and are 2020s. I don't really understand how UA allows this. Half the command rosters are true 2022 born in 2004 who have never played in a H.S. game.

Your main point is spot on, this should not be allowed. However, not a single Command roster even approached 50% 2022s. Your argument was just fine without the dramatics on age. The South Command team had just TWO 2022s. The age difference is not the problem, unless they re-class as Soph this year, they all took spots from other kids which is the real injustice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who would've thought just a year or two ago that M&D Black would sport a 1-2 record after the first day of a tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone provide some feedback on how UA150 was? Considering this next year. Was there good talent? Was the coach list posted accurate?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who would've thought just a year or two ago that M&D Black would sport a 1-2 record after the first day of a tournament?

My daughter plays for one of the 2021 G8 teams. Give me one goal games - win or loss - vs a blowout any day. The games should only get more competitive as the girls get older. In close games, the coaches watching get to see the goalie, defense, mids and attack all work. Parity is a good thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree 100%

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
isn't G8 a showcase tourney, isn't the object for all of the girls to get an opportunity to showcase their talents. Records don't matter, its about getting the girls exposure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter plays for one of the 2021 G8 teams. Give me one goal games - win or loss - vs a blowout any day. The games should only get more competitive as the girls get older. In close games, the coaches watching get to see the goalie, defense, mids and attack all work. Parity is a good thing.

The change I've noticed over the last year is that now the top tier teams no longer strike fear into the hearts of the "lesser" teams. Two or three years ago a game between an M&D Black/YJ/Heros and non dominant team was over before the opening draw just on a psychological basis. That's no longer the case. The talent has evened out somewhat, creating a level of parity mentioned above. I agree it's a good thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone provide some feedback on how UA150 was? Considering this next year. Was there good talent? Was the coach list posted accurate?

Complete waste of time. only coaches there were coaching the teams last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We were there this year. Thought it was good ,competition was ok
,Lots of coaches but mostly at the 2020s which makes sense but there were a bunch at the 21 games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA 150 was well run and the swag pretty good. Players were from all over the county including a number from Canada. I saw only a few coaches watching but no more than at G8 (daughter is a 2021). Some games did not have any coaches watching. My daughter had fun and said she would play again if given the opportunity - we live in MD so not a big travel commit in terms of time/expense. Competition was slightly better last year but overall some really good athletes on the field. I think most coaches are focused on the 2020 class. The Nike Elite 120 announced an impressive coach list for 2018 but again they are probably watching the 2020 class (daughter not going but am curious how many coaches actually show up.)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The above begs the question; what are the events to do this fall and next summer if your daughter is a '21? Tournaments with their respective teams, prospect days at the schools they are interested in, UA tryouts if logistically convenient, what else? My daughter did the Nike event last year and it felt like a waste of time. There were no more/less coaches than there were at her tournaments. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The change I've noticed over the last year is that now the top tier teams no longer strike fear into the hearts of the "lesser" teams. Two or three years ago a game between an M&D Black/YJ/Heros and non dominant team was over before the opening draw just on a psychological basis. That's no longer the case. The talent has evened out somewhat, creating a level of parity mentioned above. I agree it's a good thing.

Another reason for parity is that many of the girls are concerned with being noticed by college coaches and as a result play an individual game rather than a team game. That may have worked in middle school, but not at the HS level where defenses have improved. This mentality is creating cracks among teammates and parents. It's sad to watch the competition to be recruited divide teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
isn't G8 a showcase tourney, isn't the object for all of the girls to get an opportunity to showcase their talents. Records don't matter, its about getting the girls exposure.

Exactly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly.

Partially true. For 2021 it was a complete waste of time. For 2020’s, there were college coaches on the sidelines of their games on the first day. Lot’s of them. Maybe not all top D1 programs, but not everyone is going to a top D1 program. So if your 2021 wants to do it next year, I say go for it. Next year it will be a waste of money for the 2022s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA 150 was well run and the swag pretty good. Players were from all over the county including a number from Canada. I saw only a few coaches watching but no more than at G8 (daughter is a 2021). Some games did not have any coaches watching. My daughter had fun and said she would play again if given the opportunity - we live in MD so not a big travel commit in terms of time/expense. Competition was slightly better last year but overall some really good athletes on the field. I think most coaches are focused on the 2020 class. The Nike Elite 120 announced an impressive coach list for 2018 but again they are probably watching the 2020 class (daughter not going but am curious how many coaches actually show up.)

The issue with UA 150 and Nike 120 is that they cost $600. The girls don't get any instruction at these events. They just play games. So what you are paying for is to have coaches watch your daughter play. Since there are hardly any coaches attending what exactly are you paying for? It's no surprise that they gave all the girls free sticks this year. They aren't really free considering what you paid. You are much better off going to prospect days where you know who is watching your daughter. They always actually get coached and instructed by the attending coaches and usually play games at the end. And cost a fraction of UA and Nike so you can do quite a few of them for the same expenditure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It depends who your daughter plays for. On field 1 at the G8 where SW, YJ, M&D, Mass Elite, etc were playing there were more than 20 top D1 coaches at most of the games. I'm sure there we less at the other 3 fields as the divisions were built the way the were for a reason and each division had their own field.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Exactly.

Yes it is a showcase but girls and teams still want to win. It's not they they say oh this is just a showcase so lets not play hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another reason for parity is that many of the girls are concerned with being noticed by college coaches and as a result play an individual game rather than a team game. That may have worked in middle school, but not at the HS level where defenses have improved. This mentality is creating cracks among teammates and parents. It's sad to watch the competition to be recruited divide teams.

Spot on. My older daughter went through this a few years ago and now my middle daughter is going through the same thing. You can clearly see it's becoming a "me first" game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxnovice

Exactly.

Yes it is a showcase but girls and teams still want to win. It's not they they say oh this is just a showcase so lets not play hard.

Think you are missing the point. Each of these teams, even the top teams have different levels of players on the team. There are usually 6-8 great players, 6-8 above average player that could start for most teams, and then there are 6-8 fillers that are replaceable and don't make much of a difference when they are on the field. With the showcases all the girls have to play at least half the game. (At least they are supposed to). It evens the playing field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The issue with UA 150 and Nike 120 is that they cost $600. The girls don't get any instruction at these events. They just play games. So what you are paying for is to have coaches watch your daughter play. Since there are hardly any coaches attending what exactly are you paying for? It's no surprise that they gave all the girls free sticks this year. They aren't really free considering what you paid. You are much better off going to prospect days where you know who is watching your daughter. They always actually get coached and instructed by the attending coaches and usually play games at the end. And cost a fraction of UA and Nike so you can do quite a few of them for the same expenditure.

Elite 120 is run partly by YJ. Look at the roster. They want you to believe that no other clubs had any worthy players apply? The entire club circuit has become either your on an "in" club (all the coaches watching) or you are not. Even within clubs there is disparity. The YJB team plays in all good tournaments but agains bad teams on fields no coaches are going to. There are plenty of good players on other teams and on B teams! Where do these players get looks?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. 15-3 SW

Could still be considered progress. May have been a 15-1 game a year ago. These two teams are in different stratospheres.

Legacy played in the A bracket and now realize they have a lot of work to do. Last place 0-4 and only scored 11 goals against the bottom of the bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxnovice

Exactly.

Think you are missing the point. Each of these teams, even the top teams have different levels of players on the team. There are usually 6-8 great players, 6-8 above average player that could start for most teams, and then there are 6-8 fillers that are replaceable and don't make much of a difference when they are on the field. With the showcases all the girls have to play at least half the game. (At least they are supposed to). It evens the playing field.

Championship format, now what excuse do you have?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Legacy playing Skywalkers at the Mid Atlantic next week it will be a good test to see how far Legacy progressed this season.

Lol. 15-3 SW

Legacy played in the A bracket and now realize they have a lot of work to do. Last place 0-4 and only scored 11 goals against the bottom of the bracket.

Not even the Stony Brook pre commits could help this team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. 15-3 SW

I sure miss the good old days when M&D won all the tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. 15-3 SW

I sure miss the good old days when M&D won all the tournaments.

Except they never did win all the tournaments. They used to trade tournament wins a couple years ago with YJ and Skywalkers, now they seem to have lost their way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to mnd in such a short period of time?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing happened to M&D other than girls catching
Up to them talent-wise. They’re standouts in middle school but at some point it levels off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Up to them talent-wise. They’re standouts in middle school but at some point it levels off.

They won 5 of the 8 divisions at LFTC, including 2019 and 2020. That doesn't sound like "it levels off." It just sounds like they don't win every single time, just most of the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They won 5 of the 8 divisions at LFTC, including 2019 and 2020. That doesn't sound like "it levels off." It just sounds like they don't win every single time, just most of the time.

How many tournaments did M&D Black 2021 win out of the total amount they were entered in this summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They lost games to YJ and SW this summer. Not like they are losing to any average teams. All 3 of those teams can beat each other on any given day.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Any coaches watching 2021s at Elite 120?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were a few coaches who watched the first games of the 2021’s both days. Probably less than 5 per side then they would switch. The teams were small and there were many injuries, few subs (each team started with 12-13 girls). The refs didn’t control the games well and there was a lot of slashing and fouls that wasn’t called. The facility is small and they would of been better off playing on outside full size fields. Will likely not return. Didn’t like UA 150, but it was actually a much better event than this one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy 2021 just not that good and the coaching needs help

Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard