BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 42 of 47 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 46 47
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Naptown 2023 shows Annapolis Hawks v Team Baltimore and True National v Dukes National in semis. Anyone have information about Team Baltimore? I have never heard of that club.

Saw the True National team this past weekend at Tri-Lax in Jersey. Definitely a National team with players from all over the country. FoGo very good and middies but not exceptionally big. They played the BBL North team and controlled the face off 75% of time, they won convincingly but when in possession the BBL North played them well. Not in same class as Hawkes or Dukes.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This argument gets sooo old. One more year and it really won't matter. With that, I do think that tournaments should move back to an age based model. I have family and friends with kids that are 13 and when I asked what team they are playing wondering if my son born in June '05 might play them, they are also summer '05 they responded they are playing 2024. They did not "re-class" but held back in K for other reasons than lacrosse. First, it does give an advantage. Second, most strong teams are full of kids close to the age or past the age cut off. If there were a logical Sept or January age range, an age grouping would end this discussion. However, when a tournament is set up as grade based, then the teams are not cheaters and kids should not be called out they are doing what is within the rules. Making an excuse for losing sends a bad message. It is NOT a safety issue as under the old system and the rec system 7th and 8th graders play together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This argument gets sooo old. One more year and it really won't matter. With that, I do think that tournaments should move back to an age based model. I have family and friends with kids that are 13 and when I asked what team they are playing wondering if my son born in June '05 might play them, they are also summer '05 they responded they are playing 2024. They did not "re-class" but held back in K for other reasons than lacrosse. First, it does give an advantage. Second, most strong teams are full of kids close to the age or past the age cut off. If there were a logical Sept or January age range, an age grouping would end this discussion. However, when a tournament is set up as grade based, then the teams are not cheaters and kids should not be called out they are doing what is within the rules. Making an excuse for losing sends a bad message. It is NOT a safety issue as under the old system and the rec system 7th and 8th graders play together.

No but they are cheating if they have kids that have already completed 8th grade playing against those that haven’t completed 8th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No but they are cheating if they have kids that have already completed 8th grade playing against those that haven’t completed 8th grade.

Middle school is a wonderful few years for the kids, I see nothing wrong with doing an extra year or two. Think about how much easier it is on the parents in the future,starting sophomore year in HS the kids can drive themselves to school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s the truth... don’t like it then dont play club lacrosse. I could count the “holdbacks” on one hand and still have plenty of fingers to tell you you're #1. Just because they are big talented athletic kids doesnt mean they are older. Dont be sour because your sons team cant beat them.

I don't get it... there are many teams bigger than the 23 Hawks team. They have 3 or 4 big kids, mostly average size kids, and 4 or 5 very small kids. Sounds like any 7th grade class. There are just too many crybabies out there. Team Baltimore and Duke's were FAR bigger than the Hawks. Several teams in HoCo were also bigger.

Hawks 2023 will be huge next year when all the 2022s hold back. 7 2021s held back and joined the 2022 team this past year on top of the kids who had already held back. Expect the same for the 2023s.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the big year in Maryland for kids that holdback for athletic purposes. It is almost comical at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to sit down and have an intelligent conversation with you clowns about all the comments on here. One day you’ll wake up and your son will be finished with youth lacrosse, HS lacrosse and all you will have is regrets of how you didnt let yourself and your child enjoy it. Get over all the bull and let your son play at his highest capable level and stop worrying about eveyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Baltimore v Atlantic Coast Stars

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nah!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nah!

With ACS coach departure/ex-communication from Crab Nation does ACS continue to be a thing? Were/are they planning to play in any additional events?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nah!

With ACS coach departure/ex-communication from Crab Nation does ACS continue to be a thing? Were/are they planning to play in any additional events?

Who knows? You will always be on the outside looking in no matter what happens. Nothing will change for you. Stay with Team Baltimore...that is your best bet!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RM took over as ACS coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nah!

Who knows? You will always be on the outside looking in no matter what happens. Nothing will change for you. Stay with Team Baltimore...that is your best bet!

Relax sport. My guy isn't gunning for your son's spot. Just curious if they were scheduled to play again this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs tryouts should be fun this year? After great seasons 5th and 6th, the wheels have come off — coaching disruptions, player departures, now competing all star teams. All just in time for RM to take the helm. Did they even win a tourney this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs tryouts should be fun this year? After great seasons 5th and 6th, the wheels have come off — coaching disruptions, player departures, now competing all star teams. All just in time for RM to take the helm. Did they even win a tourney this year?

You can play for a losing team anywhere with 1/2 the drama from the 2023 Crabs parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RM does not have a problem with Crab parents running and Crab players playing for Team Baltimore thing? Seems like a huge conflict.... In my opinion just a bunch a bloated pompous parents trying to elevate their kids... Pretty funny to watch from the outside

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RM does not have a problem with Crab parents running and Crab players playing for Team Baltimore thing? Seems like a huge conflict.... In my opinion just a bunch a bloated pompous parents trying to elevate their kids... Pretty funny to watch from the outside

I would not see this as much of an issue as long as tournaments do not conflict. Seems like they played a Mon/Tues tournament after playing Crabs at Young Guns. This is better than "guest" players who many teams use. If a "guest" player takes away playing time from paying customers this is far worse in my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s the truth... don’t like it then dont play club lacrosse. I could count the “holdbacks” on one hand and still have plenty of fingers to tell you you're #1. Just because they are big talented athletic kids doesnt mean they are older. Dont be sour because your sons team cant beat them.

I don't get it... there are many teams bigger than the 23 Hawks team. They have 3 or 4 big kids, mostly average size kids, and 4 or 5 very small kids. Sounds like any 7th grade class. There are just too many crybabies out there. Team Baltimore and Duke's were FAR bigger than the Hawks. Several teams in HoCo were also bigger.

Hawks 2023 will be huge next year when all the 2022s hold back. 7 2021s held back and joined the 2022 team this past year on top of the kids who had already held back. Expect the same for the 2023s.

This is disgraceful. Doing whatever it takes to beat other kids, whether lacrosse or in the classroom. These are the rich jerks who do this. Win at any cost. All within the rules, so all validated. Disgraceful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why

This is disgraceful. Doing whatever it takes to beat other kids, whether lacrosse or in the classroom. These are the rich jerks who do this. Win at any cost. All within the rules, so all validated. Disgraceful.

I am not sure what the issue is, Team Baltimore LOST on Tuesday, so this was not a win at any cost.....Unlike ACS, they seem to be a bunch of Dudes and not much of a TEAM.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, lookout for a third such team since the co-founder of Team Baltimore went to Crabs three years ago, then coached ACS with his hand-picked players, and now is out at Crabs and RM is coaching ACS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any coaching changes at Md 91? 0 for 12 two straight seasons in HoCo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not sure what the issue is, Team Baltimore Lost on Tuesday, so this was not a win at any cost.....Unlike ACS, they seem to be a bunch of individuals versus being a complete team ....[/quote]

Thanks for the info

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disgraceful and simply untrue, nice try.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, lookout for a third such team since the co-founder of Team Baltimore went to Crabs three years ago, then coached ACS with his hand-picked players, and now is out at Crabs and RM is coaching ACS.

All I know is the ACS team is a great team. There cannot a second (just proved it) or even of third. This is the team with the best players. For all of the people who tried to ruin it or think backstabbing your way onto
The team will work, I assure you it will not. You will always remain second or third if you try to create another team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All I know is the ACS team is a great team. There cannot a second (just proved it) or even of third. This is the team with the best players. For all of the people who tried to ruin it or think backstabbing your way onto
The team will work, I assure you it will not. You will always remain second or third if you try to create another team.

My guess is you are not familiar with the coach’s History. Players/families follow him as he leaves teams. Has happened since tyker ball. Everything else you said may be true, but don’t be suprised if those beat players are playing with that coach under a new name next season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word is Millon as his son is 2023.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe the former Crabs coach and players will join them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My guess is you are not familiar with the coach’s History. Players/families follow him as he leaves teams. Has happened since tyker ball. Everything else you said may be true, but don’t be suprised if those beat players are playing with that coach under a new name next season.

Players and families also leave teams because of him. Balances out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Confirmed. Cheating with his own son but kicking out good players from other teams. Hahaha!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Confirmed. Cheating with his own son but kicking out good players from other teams. Hahaha!

They will need a lot more than 1 kid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coach that left crabs could bring them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Millon's team lost to True and after kicked some others out of the tournament? What happened?d

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Millon's team lost to True and after kicked some others out of the tournament? What happened?d

New low in youth lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess they are not going to 91 Md then.... does this mean he might coach True Md 2023?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Millon kicking 13 year old kids out of tournaments and still goes 0-4 with embarrassing losses all around. What was the point?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By Millon’s team, do you mean as director of 91 Md or do you mean he was coaching the 2023 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would be interesting if Millon did some roster checks. Couple of teams have some 22’s soon to be 23’s playing. Not sure they meet the must play regularly and on a Spring Team together since rosters were to be submitted back in March. Could shake up tourney big time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He kicked one kid out before the game even started. My son played right before and I saw it happen. I have no idea why. Anybody have a clue why?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was the point of asking for proof kids are in 7th grade and than not checking rosters? And no National Teams...Freedom and True both National teams at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also not following Tie Breakers listed on website. Say what you want about WSYL they are least required Birth Certiciates and Report Cards with each registration. This “National Championship” a joke

Page 42 of 47 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard