BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,715
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 96 of 327 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
you have to qualify for a spot in the u-15 tournament either by winning a regional or at large bid based on resume. only so many teams invited

Then you have clubs that clearly belong there who flat out ignore the tournament, so what is the winner really? You have all these different tournaments trying to establish themselves as the premier, end all of championship tournies. Some are recognized and run under US lax and qualify teams to go to Disney. It seems like it would be the best bet if you could just get all the clubs to buy into it. They should also dump the FL location and do it up here in the northeast, save people some airfare, tournament might go over better.

Last year's tourney had open spots after "qualifying" tournaments completed. Several teams that did not qualify were added to fill-out the brackets.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you have to qualify for a spot in the u-15 tournament either by winning a regional or at large bid based on resume. only so many teams invited

Then you have clubs that clearly belong there who flat out ignore the tournament, so what is the winner really? You have all these different tournaments trying to establish themselves as the premier, end all of championship tournies. Some are recognized and run under US lax and qualify teams to go to Disney. It seems like it would be the best bet if you could just get all the clubs to buy into it. They should also dump the FL location and do it up here in the northeast, save people some airfare, tournament might go over better.

How does each organization decide what girls go as a team?

Most teams hold a tryout. There is a birthday cutoff. (Born on or after September 1st). YJ won a few years ago w/ a combo of 2014/2015 girls. All legal because of birthdays. Organizations have a choice this year of 2015's who make birthday requirements, 2016 and top of 2017 group...

You cannot tryout for YJ u15 national team unless you are invited. Most are not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
most of the best teams go, maryland combines a couple of teams and they are very good, virginia is well represented also,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that counts suffolk allstars out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most teams hold a tryout. There is a birthday cutoff. (Born on or after September 1st). YJ won a few years ago w/ a combo of 2014/2015 girls. All legal because of birthdays. Organizations have a choice this year of 2015's who make birthday requirements, 2016 and top of 2017 group...

Can anyone attend a club tryout for a spot? For example if a player does not make it for a team she plays on can she tryout for a spot on Liberty/TG/91 etc.?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can anyone attend a club tryout for a spot? For example if a player does not make it for a team she plays on can she tryout for a spot on Liberty/TG/91 etc.?
O.K. this one is a joke, right???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they take girls based on there last name in alphabetical order until they have 25 girls

yeah tryout for as many teams as you like, its like the SAT test, you can take it as many times as you like

this is funny stuff?? yeah call up CR or SS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they take girls based on there last name in alphabetical order until they have 25 girls

yeah tryout for as many teams as you like, its like the SAT test, you can take it as many times as you like

You can also sign up for the FAF.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that counts suffolk allstars out

Why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you feel your child has been judge unfairly at the tryouts maybe you could hire a good Attorney, get an injunction and stop the Tournament until they find a team

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anybody else surprised to see our YJ girls teams not "playing up " at Shamrock? The rules clearly state that travel teams must play up an age. I see strong town teams playing up and other travel teams playing up but not YJ. What am I missing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they haven't won anything. ever

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
typical YJ. dont want to play any competition from LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anybody else surprised to see our YJ girls teams not "playing up " at Shamrock? The rules clearly state that travel teams must play up an age. I see strong town teams playing up and other travel teams playing up but not YJ. What am I missing?
Caoch os afraid to face the TG 2019 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Schedule is out??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is schedule posted??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The teams the YJ have entered are a mix of ages 2021-2019 and various teams within each age so I would not take too much out of this tournament. Afraid of TG 2019 , please ask your coach if they were aasked to play or at least scrimage last season and what his response was. Also TG is not even putting teams in,yes some various superstar splinter groups have formed but of course only those kids judged worthy by some crazy over involved dad have been invited.Last year when the team was mostly YJ 2019 blue they played in middle school division, I guess this year with some 2021 kids they feel ^th grade is appropriate, although I agree as a travel team they should play up at least 1 year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t something like this happen last fall at the Dowling Tourney with a TG team not playing up, or playing under a different name.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why all the hate? For a team you consider inferior you sure spend a lot of time bashing them. I

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Schedule is out??

Where are the schedules?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The teams the YJ have entered are a mix of ages 2021-2019 and various teams within each age so I would not take too much out of this tournament. Afraid of TG 2019 , please ask your coach if they were aasked to play or at least scrimage last season and what his response was. Also TG is not even putting teams in,yes some various superstar splinter groups have formed but of course only those kids judged worthy by some crazy over involved dad have been invited.Last year when the team was mostly YJ 2019 blue they played in middle school division, I guess this year with some 2021 kids they feel ^th grade is appropriate, although I agree as a travel team they should play up at least 1 year.

are you saying the 2019 team is playing with 3 school age groups? What is the point of that? not enough girls ? I'm a little confused. Is it supposed to average out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 girls make up 13 of the 17 roster spots. they added 4 girls who will not play so they can stay in the age-appropriate level and call themselves champs. In the long run, they lose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 girls make up 13 of the 17 roster spots. they added 4 girls who will not play so they can stay in the age-appropriate level and call themselves champs. In the long run, they lose.

Get a life, guarantee those younger kids play as much as older kids. Too funny you bunch of morons have such a problem with YJ putting teams in at their own age , which is ridiculous but you TGs play in a town winter league at your own age and its okay. Pathetic by both clubs but stop bashing YJ for doing it when TG did the same exact nonsense all winter long.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if this is true it doesn't make sense, but if the tournament director allowed it then there isn't much to do. perhaps take the little blurb about requiring them to play up off the site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's absolutely embarrassing that CR would do something like this. I really feel for the YJ parents as they all back pedal and squirm when asked why this is going on. They don’t want to face town teams of their own age and yet there is nothing they can do. I’m sure the YJ coaches are even embarrassed by these actions, but are forced to try to explain that they are “mixed teams.” Please!!! CR you have a great program that was built on always playing the best teams out there and now to watch you make maneuver after maneuver to avoid those same teams is painful. Shows a major kink in the armor!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Schedule is out??

Where are the schedules?
I don't see the schedule on the web site, so how do you know who is playing who and what division they are in. Probably not true about YJ, just somebody stirring S$&T. Go back to TG land and give it a rest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Schedule is out??

Where are the schedules?
I don't see the schedule on the web site, so how do you know who is playing who and what division they are in. Probably not true about YJ, just somebody stirring S$&T. Go back to TG land and give it a rest.

2019 YJ Blue is in the 6th Grade A bracket, at least that is the rumor. And at least one of the teams in that bracket is all 5th grade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's absolutely embarrassing that CR would do something like this. I really feel for the YJ parents as they all back pedal and squirm when asked why this is going on. They don’t want to face town teams of their own age and yet there is nothing they can do. I’m sure the YJ coaches are even embarrassed by these actions, but are forced to try to explain that they are “mixed teams.” Please!!! CR you have a great program that was built on always playing the best teams out there and now to watch you make maneuver after maneuver to avoid those same teams is painful. Shows a major kink in the armor!

She does the exact same thing with her Northport team. She works the schedule to the best of her ability in every event she goes to and will continue to protect the YJ image until she sells the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedules were sent to coaches. This is all accurate information.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Schedule is out??

Where are the schedules?

2019 YJ Blue is in the 6th Grade A bracket, at least that is the rumor. And at least one of the teams in that bracket is all 5th grade
Key word "RUMOR".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Schedule is out??

Where are the schedules?

Looks like there's only one 2021 player on a roster and that would be with a 2020 blue team

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Schedules were sent to coaches. This is all accurate information.
The complete girls schedule for the Shamrock Shootout has been posted to that thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Feel Free To Refute That rumor, Hopefully That's What It is

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love to know how the Shamrock Shootout decided on the team placements. First to put yellow jackets on age, then to also have other travel teams play on age in the B division. How Do they not put fl$ at least in bracket A? I know a couple of teams that are comprised of girls from a couple of towns that are not only playing up, but were put in the A bracket because that is what they were told. Why not the same rules for everyone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Feel Free To Refute That rumor, Hopefully That's What It is

Not a rumor at all and can tell you, as a YJ parent, I'm not all that excited to play a 5th Grade team even if it is mostly made up of TG Black players. To play 2020 teams and a town team doesn't excite me at all. I can't believe it has anything to do with being afraid to lose, but i just don't get the decision.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What age group did your TG 2019 black play at in line this winter. Your TG team playing in the 7th grade at Shamrock has no 7th graders playing on it? Have seen your TG teams play at their own age in plenty town tournaments including at Shamrock last year, go ahead try to deny it. You are all so pathetic .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too funny your TG team which had some 2019 players last week is playing so called up in age in the 6 th grade division in the "B" bracket.If you are going to go after YJ for playing a mixed age team of 2021-2019 of mixed skill level in the 6th grade A level you had better be having your TG teams at least play A division. Both clubs should be ashamed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Observation - Yellow Jackets parents like to dig at the Top Guns organization for using college aged coaches. I could not help but notice that the Yellow Jackets also use a large amount of college aged coaches. Can one of the Yellow Jacket contingent explain why it's good for the Jackets , but not for Top Guns?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Observation - Yellow Jackets parents like to dig at the Top Guns organization for using college aged coaches. I could not help but notice that the Yellow Jackets also use a large amount of college aged coaches. Can one of the Yellow Jacket contingent explain why it's good for the Jackets , but not for Top Guns?
Didn't Al Gore refer to this as an "Inconvenient Truth"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too funny your TG team which had some 2019 players last week is playing so called up in age in the 6 th grade division in the "B" bracket.If you are going to go after YJ for playing a mixed age team of 2021-2019 of mixed skill level in the 6th grade A level you had better be having your TG teams at least play A division. Both clubs should be ashamed.

New to this discussion. I was just wondering if YJ were entering teams in all these tournaments from the organization level? My daughter plays for topguns who do not enter any of these tournaments at all, only the listed summer tournaments are TG teams. That being said, some parent try to put some of the girls from tg teams together to play in these "non tournaments" but many and most girls opt out for other options. I know my daughter plays most of these local tournaments with slapped together teams of friends, often with TG and YJ players on them. What's left of the travel teams that play in these tournaments hardly resembles the summer team, and are nowhere near as competative as the summer team. No knock on them, I think it is great that these girls are playing lax at any and every chance they get.

Like Reply Quote
Page 96 of 327 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard