BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,649
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 126 of 268 1 2 124 125 126 127 128 267 268
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how to find the listings of the Nassau & Suffolk all - county teams. Thx.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by TM@BOTC
From US Lacrosse
Edward Arnold 2020 Defense ManhassetHigh School
Colin Hart 2019 Defense Garden City High School
Tim Hegarty 2018 Defense Farmingdale High School
Nick LiCalzi 2020 Long-Stick Middie South Side High School
Danny Ochs 2018 Defense Syosset High School
Angelo Petrakis 2019 Midfield Massapequa High School
Alex Vardaro 2018 Midfield Hewlett High School
Max Verch 2018 Long-Stick Middie Syosset High School
Kevin Winkoff 2018 Attack Cold Spring Harbor High School
George Wichelns 2018 Attack Connetquot High School
Conor Calderone 2019 Midfield Smithtown West High School
John Sidorski 2019 Attack East Islip High School
Peter LaSalla 2018 Midfield Rocky Point High School
Zach Hobbes 2018 Midfield Ward Melville High School
Bobby Abshire 2018 Midfield Commack High School
Ethan Rall 2018 Long-Stick Middie Islip High School
Kyle Zawadzki 2018 Attack Smithtown West High School

Wow!

#1 Team in the country gets one AA and Syosset who lost to Pequa 2X gets two AAs. (Pequa who beat Syo 2X get only one AA).

I guess JC spends more time lobbying for his players than coaching his team. The results speak for themselves.

What a joke. Waters down the AA title for the other recipients who get and actually have earned the the AA title.

Very political. I usually defend tryouts, travel team selections, Nassau vs suffolk, under Armour etc... Knowing there is always politics to some degree but I think overall they get it right.
The process for US Lacrosse AA is not good.
Agree with above post.

Does anyone know who the coaches are who vote in each county?

There is a committee of coaches who vote in each county (Nassau was CSH, Southside, GC, Bethpage and another 5 or so coaches back in the day but that has definitely changed). Contingent on the number of schools in your county, they allocate a certain # of AA spots and it does not go by position - there can be only 1 defenseman and the rest all middies or all attackmen. The coaches certainly lobby for their players which they should but 1) the player must be All-County the previous year, 2) the player must be nominated by his HS and 3) the nominated players then get ranked say 1-30 based on the committee's opinions and the players who receive the most and highest votes receive AA and then the next 12 or so players receive Honorable Mention All American and the rest do not receive any other those recognitions so I don't believe that AA is as political as All-County but like anything in life, everything is political... But you need the other coaches to have either watched them play or watch their game film (they have 3 weeks to do so) and see their stats to compare with others and I know that the few coaches on the committee take it very seriously. And I know for certain that a bunch of these schools of where the players go to who earned AA are Not on the committee plus I know a few of these players and they are deserving of this award. In my time and the 5 years before and 4 years after, they got it right so I am sure they got this right with maybe a few players you can debate...

Holy Crap you know a lot ! As far as the Nassau committee you mentioned a few by name and ANOTHER 5 , I'm just curious why you omitted Syosset or the other 4 by name. Seems a little disingenuous if you know all this info. As far as being All County the prior year that don't hold true for one of the Syosset AA's or the CSH player so I guess you don't know all that much. Congrats to all the boys however they were named to this prestigious list. Politics and backroom deals happen all the time in these things it just stinks for the kid who got humped.

please re-read, he is clearly saying that was the makeup when he was "in the room" and not the current makeup of the committee

"There is a committee of coaches who vote in each county (Nassau was CSH, Southside, GC, Bethpage and another 5 or so coaches back in the day but that has definitely changed)."

I also think he mis-typed and meant you must be All County to be eligible (not last year but current year)

The best way to get a full understanding about this is to ask your HS coach, he can explain the procedure better then anybody on BOTC

Great Idea! Ask the Guys responsible how they make the back room deals!

Awesome logic.

AA selection process in Nassau is a joke. Sorry Lax Daddy, your kid likely didn't deserve it, you bought it for him. And he knows it. Sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another disappointment at Under Armour. Neither the Command or Highlight division made it into the playoffs. Once again, this is what happens when a team is picked due favors. A real shame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another disappointment at Under Armour. Neither the Command or Highlight division made it into the playoffs. Once again, this is what happens when a team is picked due favors. A real shame.

Reality is that this is the age when the superior athleticism of the boys from the other areas starts to overwhelm the better coaching and earlier start of the Long Island kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very true. Isn't it obvious based on the results that the process needs to change on Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very true. Isn't it obvious based on the results that the process needs to change on Long Island.

I agree with this. Too many selections based upon the name of the player and or the helmet worn and not the number on the jersey at these tryouts. Its evident that some selections are made based upon reputation before going into tryouts and or season. For the younger players a lot has to do with which club coaches/evaluators are at the tryouts. Seen it way too many times where a particular player who is a good player has a bad tryout but is still selected. This has happened way too often and people seem ok to defend the selection based upon previous performances and not the performance at the tryout. Then why have the tryout! Wouldnt it be great to have tryouts with helmets with no markings and neutral/unbiased evaluators. Never would happen but hey a person can dream.

The senior games are a whole other issue. The players are all good but again for a number of players the selection to this team is based upon reputation. Many of these players were bigger and stronger at a young age and also more skilled because of it. Some of these players like a few from Long Island have had the luck to play on strong teams club and had great coaching at a young age. They also happen to play at very good high schools like Chaminade/91 etc. Please dont get me wrong these players are skilled but they are surrounded by 17 to 18 very good players. This makes it hard to beat these teams. Now at an event like Under Armour where it is a team event but individual play makes a big difference the so called chosen ones were exposed.

So much for All American or player of the year accolades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JN

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with this. Too many selections based upon the name of the player and or the helmet worn and not the number on the jersey at these tryouts. Its evident that some selections are made based upon reputation before going into tryouts and or season. For the younger players a lot has to do with which club coaches/evaluators are at the tryouts. Seen it way too many times where a particular player who is a good player has a bad tryout but is still selected. This has happened way too often and people seem ok to defend the selection based upon previous performances and not the performance at the tryout. Then why have the tryout! Wouldnt it be great to have tryouts with helmets with no markings and neutral/unbiased evaluators. Never would happen but hey a person can dream.

The senior games are a whole other issue. The players are all good but again for a number of players the selection to this team is based upon reputation. Many of these players were bigger and stronger at a young age and also more skilled because of it. Some of these players like a few from Long Island have had the luck to play on strong teams club and had great coaching at a young age. They also happen to play at very good high schools like Chaminade/91 etc. Please dont get me wrong these players are skilled but they are surrounded by 17 to 18 very good players. This makes it hard to beat these teams. Now at an event like Under Armour where it is a team event but individual play makes a big difference the so called chosen ones were exposed.

Wow! You basically read my mind. I have been thinking about this a lot. Why do Long Island teams always underperform at UA? Tryouts are Just a money grab, Many of the best kids don’t even try out anymore. I also agree with your assessment of the senior game. How does the supposed “best’ player on LI as proclaimed by Newsday not even get one point??? Wait till these kids get to college, most will never be heard about again. What’s sad is how all we here about is “growing the game” alll lies!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
on the other hand, big KUDOS to all those boys that stuck with their high school teams and played at Ward Melville. and a huge "SHAME ON YOU" for all the boys who decided to stay selfish and not play with their High School teams.

Heard over and over again, so and so was home, so and so was working so and so was elsewhere. Not to sure, but many of these teams knew about these games months ago. At some point you have to have the High School team come first.

I heard teams (Yorktown for one) told Sr. players, if they didnt attend certain games they cant become captain

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In 2017 three of the long island UA teams won the tournament, Boys Command division and the Girls Highlight and Command division. This year the boys Command division team went 3-1 in the pool play round, losing to tournament champion West Coast by 1 goal and easily beating tournament finalist Conny 10-6. It's a great tournament with awesome competition. All these tournament/select teams have politics involved but when you look at the rosters it's hard to argue that these aren't some of the best players, of course some of the other best players are left off. On the girls side the Highlight team won again and the Command team lost in the semis. I wouldn't say these teams underperform.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
on the other hand, big KUDOS to all those boys that stuck with their high school teams and played at Ward Melville. and a huge "SHAME ON YOU" for all the boys who decided to stay selfish and not play with their High School teams.

Heard over and over again, so and so was home, so and so was working so and so was elsewhere. Not to sure, but many of these teams knew about these games months ago. At some point you have to have the High School team come first.

I heard teams (Yorktown for one) told Sr. players, if they didnt attend certain games they cant become captain

These games are also a great way to blend the youth of a program with the experience. Look at the teams in the finals, teams with depth. Leadership of the players need to be there but not at the expense of a college trip or commitment. It was a weekend that exemplifies the phrase Battle of Attrition. Survival of the fittest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In 2017 three of the long island UA teams won the tournament, Boys Command division and the Girls Highlight and Command division. This year the boys Command division team went 3-1 in the pool play round, losing to tournament champion West Coast by 1 goal and easily beating tournament finalist Conny 10-6. It's a great tournament with awesome competition. All these tournament/select teams have politics involved but when you look at the rosters it's hard to argue that these aren't some of the best players, of course some of the other best players are left off. On the girls side the Highlight team won again and the Command team lost in the semis. I wouldn't say these teams underperform.

Sorry, but girls lax is not boys lax. LI girls have traditionally been better than the boys. The Command was not good enough to even get seeded in pool play (even with the double holbacks), bottom line. I guess your kid was on that team, which is why you are trying to make excuses. Huge disappointment there. The highlight underperforms pretty much every year....were used to that! Maybe get some unbiased evaluators and coaches who actually know how to coach and thing could be different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard teams told Sr. players, if they didnt attend certain games they cant become captain

Are you really going to start with this nonsense again?

BTW, which "other" hands are you referring to? Is it the hands of the HS Coaches who are grabbing the money? Didn't the tournament at WM charge each player an "entry fee"? How much was that fee again? How many players participated? How much money was collected? Where did that money go? Was this tournament run by The Ward Melville School District? Was it a charity event? Did the proceeds go to a worthy cause?

You really think that a young man should prioritize a bs high school tournament above of "work" commitment?

Didn't the High School Season end a while ago? Find me a single player who is missing High School Lacrosse for anything other than illness, family priorities, emergencies etc..

Maybe the boy is working to help pay for the "fee" to play for his so called "High School Summer Team"? How much did it cost each player to play at Ward Melville this past weekend?

The only selfish people are the - who want to hold kids back for their own selfish reasons. If a boy made the Under Armour team and you want him to stay and play in some pay to play money grab you are the one who should be ashamed.

Any coach who tells a player that he can not become a captain if he does not "Pay to Play" for their "quasi HS summer team" should be fired immediately.

I will ask my son and his teammates tonight if it has been implied in any way that if a player misses any "summer pay to play HS lacrosse" that he can not be considered for captain. If there has been any coercion whether explicit or implied I will make it my business to have that coach removed.

With respect to the game of lacrosse there are two types of people that can be classified as selfish and they are the very same people who should be ashamed of themselves.

1. The parents of the "average" players who want to hold the stronger players back. You see, they want their child to be able to play with the stronger players however, they do not want the stronger players to go off and play with better players on one of the top club teams.

2. HS coaches extorting money from players and their families.

(yes I get it the club directors are in it for the money as well but they are running a business and you do not have to give them your money if you do not want to)

To the best of my knowledge my son has never been penalized in any way by his HS coaches for playing club lacrosse, going to a showcase or Under Armour. If that changes, the coach will be out of a job before the school year begins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, but girls lax is not boys lax. LI girls have traditionally been better than the boys. The Command was not good enough to even get seeded in pool play (even with the double holbacks), bottom line. I guess your kid was on that team, which is why you are trying to make excuses. Huge disappointment there. The highlight underperforms pretty much every year....were used to that! Maybe get some unbiased evaluators and coaches who actually know how to coach and thing could be different.

I guess your kid didn't make the team which is why you are making excuses for him then!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a good player and a good teammate will find the right balance and he has to be a little selfish, IMHO When a kid is not committed he has to be at all the top tournaments, camps and prospect days and sometimes that is at the expense of his HS team, once committed a kid needs to still play and practice against the best players he can but now that he is committed he can pick the HS team even at lesser events when there is a conflict. I have been through this a few times and there is no correct formula, you have to do what is right for yourself. While my son was fortunate to play on a competitive travel team and was invited to top showcase camps if we had it to do all over again we would not go to the showcases and instead go to as many prospect days as possible, all the schools that are a good fit and the ones that have multiple coaches from multiple colleges attending and coaching. the [prospect camp was the best bang for the buck and most exposure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess your kid didn't make the team which is why you are making excuses for him then!!

Nope, my kid didn’t try out, doesn’t need to. I just enjoy watching the train wreck I anticipated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody's making excuses, just disagreeing with you when you write "Another disappointment at Under Armour." - pointing out that last year the Boys Command Team won the tournament championship and this year went 3-1 in pool play, so not a huge disappointment or another disappointment. The team didn't advance based on goal differential, but beat Conny and New Jersey, both teams that advanced. All these All Star teams and showcase teams have politics involved. If the team went 1-3 or 2-2 I then think you could call it a disappointment, but to win it last year and go 3-1 this year I think you're being a bit dramatic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The days of Long Island teams dominating nationwide tournaments are over. All of these other regions put together strong teams with many kids that will go on to play college lacrosse. Having watched a lot of youth lacrosse over the years and this summer, there wasn't one team at UA that you would watch and say that they're bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard teams told Sr. players, if they didnt attend certain games they cant become captain

Are you really going to start with this nonsense again?

BTW, which "other" hands are you referring to? Is it the hands of the HS Coaches who are grabbing the money? Didn't the tournament at WM charge each player an "entry fee"? How much was that fee again? How many players participated? How much money was collected? Where did that money go? Was this tournament run by The Ward Melville School District? Was it a charity event? Did the proceeds go to a worthy cause?

You really think that a young man should prioritize a bs high school tournament above of "work" commitment?

Didn't the High School Season end a while ago? Find me a single player who is missing High School Lacrosse for anything other than illness, family priorities, emergencies etc..

Maybe the boy is working to help pay for the "fee" to play for his so called "High School Summer Team"? How much did it cost each player to play at Ward Melville this past weekend?

The only selfish people are the - who want to hold kids back for their own selfish reasons. If a boy made the Under Armour team and you want him to stay and play in some pay to play money grab you are the one who should be ashamed.

Any coach who tells a player that he can not become a captain if he does not "Pay to Play" for their "quasi HS summer team" should be fired immediately.

I will ask my son and his teammates tonight if it has been implied in any way that if a player misses any "summer pay to play HS lacrosse" that he can not be considered for captain. If there has been any coercion whether explicit or implied I will make it my business to have that coach removed.

With respect to the game of lacrosse there are two types of people that can be classified as selfish and they are the very same people who should be ashamed of themselves.

1. The parents of the "average" players who want to hold the stronger players back. You see, they want their child to be able to play with the stronger players however, they do not want the stronger players to go off and play with better players on one of the top club teams.

2. HS coaches extorting money from players and their families.

(yes I get it the club directors are in it for the money as well but they are running a business and you do not have to give them your money if you do not want to)

To the best of my knowledge my son has never been penalized in any way by his HS coaches for playing club lacrosse, going to a showcase or Under Armour. If that changes, the coach will be out of a job before the school year begins.

What does it say about a School's administration (private or public) when it allows HCs to use their own (or ones they are getting paid to attend) summer tournaments to hold "defacto" tryouts? IMHO this constitutes type of "pay for play" is clearly out of bounds. I've seen HCs offer to pay (only for those who have a demonstrated financial need) for kids or give their own players a discount so as to ease their guilty consciences. Its become the norm in the Mid-Atlantic State private school circuit. The Schools have a hard time preaching integrity and honor when they allow coaches and teachers the ability to charge students on the side. Most industries have very strict conflict of interest rules but clearly some in the education sector (not all as our local School Superintendent just went to jail for consulting contracts with educational software vendors he awarded contracts to) want to turn a blind eye towards this type of behavior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love the underclass games but the senior games are the real barometer on how good or badly the regions are doing in who gets nominated to the game. I am pretty sure the South has beaten the North 7 of the last 8 years. Is the South really that much better or are the players being selected based upon reputation and daddy's influence rather than skill.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the talent at the Ward Melville showcase? Good players or middle of the road talent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love the underclass games but the senior games are the real barometer on how good or badly the regions are doing in who gets nominated to the game. I am pretty sure the South has beaten the North 7 of the last 8 years. Is the South really that much better or are the players being selected based upon reputation and daddy's influence rather than skill.

Guess you didn't watch the game. It is NBA-esque in showcasing talent with NO defense being played. Sorry......It was difficult to watch the Senior Game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the talent at the Ward Melville showcase? Good players or middle of the road talent?

Big name high schools in attendance. Seemed like lots of kids missing from many rosters. That’s the vibe I got from talking to other parents as well. If some of the bigger Class A teams were not missing kids, they will struggle next year based on their performance this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hard to gauge superior regions based on hometowns on rosters
North
NH - 1
NY north of NYC - 4
LI- 5
CT - 7
IND - 1
Mich - 1
NJ - 1
Mass - 2

South
MD - 7
Cali - 3
DC - 1
GA - 1
PA - 3
VA - 1
FL - 1
NY - 3
NC - 1
TX - 1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only 1 kid from LI made an All-Tounament team, and he was from HIghlight, pretty sure it wasn't your son. Like I said LI, did not send the top players....if they did LI just stinks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone tell me why it matters who wins these games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow! You basically read my mind. I have been thinking about this a lot. Why do Long Island teams always underperform at UA? Tryouts are Just a money grab, Many of the best kids don’t even try out anymore. I also agree with your assessment of the senior game. How does the supposed “best’ player on LI as proclaimed by Newsday not even get one point??? Wait till these kids get to college, most will never be heard about again. What’s sad is how all we here about is “growing the game” alll lies!

More of the same from the small minded jealous bitter haters.

"Most will never be heard from again" not only are you a cowardly little man you are ignorant as well.

The IL / UA Track Record is pretty impressive . They get it right way more than they get it wrong. The selection process is far less political than the US Lacrosse AA selection process here on the island.

There were 17 First Team NCAA Division I All-Americans this year, 10 of them were Under Armour All-Americans as Seniors.
We will definitely hear a lot more from the 44 boys selected to this years team.

UA is by far the most selective award a HS player can receive .

Keep hating and wishing for young men to fail you bloody coward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Most will never be heard from again" not only are you a cowardly little man you are ignorant as well.

The IL / UA Track Record is pretty impressive . They get it right way more than they get it wrong. The selection process is far less political than the US Lacrosse AA selection process here on the island.

There were 17 First Team NCAA Division I All-Americans this year, 10 of them were Under Armour All-Americans as Seniors.
We will definitely hear a lot more from the 44 boys selected to this years team.

Haha, you lost....went home a LOSER. And are out about 500$ bucks. I can think of a lot of ways to better spend that money. You can try to come back at me, but all I know is that my kid is committed to a great school, and only plays with his HS team now. Never did UA and never will!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hard to gauge superior regions based on hometowns on rosters
North
NH - 1
NY north of NYC - 4
LI- 5
CT - 7
IND - 1
Mich - 1
NJ - 1
Mass - 2

South
MD - 7
Cali - 3
DC - 1
GA - 1
PA - 3
VA - 1
FL - 1
NY - 3
NC - 1
TX - 1

Long Island had 6 Faceoff guy is a LI guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha, you lost....went home a LOSER. And are out about 500$ bucks. I can think of a lot of ways to better spend that money. You can try to come back at me, but all I know is that my kid is committed to a great school, and only plays with his HS team now. Never did UA and never will!

The $1,000,000 question is if a STUD laxer doesn't bother with UA underclass do they get blackballed from consideration into UA senior game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you don't get is that nobody really cares. Be an All-American in college, for that matter even get to start on a top 20. That's the real deal. You will soon find out that the rest of this is a-bunch of daddy ball nonsense!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1000 % .. Between Inside Lacrosse Showcases and UA tryouts it adds to the resume' and name recognition. With regard to the underclass team selections it's time to pry it away from Chan and his manipulative minions, It's only a matter of time before only his club guys or catholic school kids make it so how is it not unethical. It is nothing short of blackmail/extortion/bribery or any another sinister action that sends the message, pay me and your kid is a UA guy. And if anyone argues that point they are either benefactors or co-conspirators so don't embarrass yourselves. Highlight Division 10th out of 12 teams , is that a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you don't get is that nobody really cares. Be an All-American in college, for that matter even get to start on a top 20. That's the real deal. You will soon find out that the rest of this is a-bunch of daddy ball nonsense!

Obviously they care, that is why they come on here and complain about how it is all political and that is the only reason their kid didn't make it. It could not possibly be that their kid just is not that good. Always an excuse and never credit to the kids that make it.

Stop it already, Under Armour All-America trumps all HS awards and honors. All of your attempts to tear the players down only shows you for what you are jealous who can't deal with reality.

That said , are there some studs that do not play for the top club teams or the top high schools? Sure, and they can be overlooked but who's fault is that?

Every year, the vast majority of the 44 players selected to the Under Armour All-America Team go on to have very successful college careers.

Sorry for the stud who plays for a weak HS team and doesn't play for a top club team. I know they are at a disadvantage.

Congatulations to all of the young men that earned the distinction. Be proud it is a great honor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep telling yourself that, and keep paying the $$$, Trust me, nobody cares. Do something in college, then you might get a job out of it. Most of these kid will never be heard of again after HS. Maybe one or two will become a franchise player, and it probably won’t be who you think.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1000 % .. Between Inside Lacrosse Showcases and UA tryouts it adds to the resume' and name recognition. With regard to the underclass team selections it's time to pry it away from Chan and his manipulative minions, It's only a matter of time before only his club guys or catholic school kids make it so how is it not unethical. It is nothing short of blackmail/extortion/bribery or any another sinister action that sends the message, pay me and your kid is a UA guy. And if anyone argues that point they are either benefactors or co-
conspirators so don't embarrass yourselves. Highlight Division 10th out of 12 teams , is that a joke.

Just looked at the roster of the highlight team. Looks like half of the team was not express. Does not look like Chan holders all of the cards. 91 was well represented on that team.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think express "Chan" only had one player named Under Armour All-American.

Maybe it's time to stop making excuses for your kid. He didn't make it because he was not good enough .
It had nothing to do with anything else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously they care, that is why they come on here and complain about how it is all political and that is the only reason their kid didn't make it. It could not possibly be that their kid just is not that good. Always an excuse and never credit to the kids that make it.

Stop it already, Under Armour All-America trumps all HS awards and honors. All of your attempts to tear the players down only shows you for what you are jealous who can't deal with reality.

That said , are there some studs that do not play for the top club teams or the top high schools? Sure, and they can be overlooked but who's fault is that?

Every year, the vast majority of the 44 players selected to the Under Armour All-America Team go on to have very successful college careers.

Sorry for the stud who plays for a weak HS team and doesn't play for a top club team. I know they are at a disadvantage.

Congatulations to all of the young men that earned the distinction. Be proud it is a great honor.

Are you really using the term earned? There are some players on that list from Long Island that were and I emphasize were great players in 8th and 9th grade. They are no longer that good. Some were bigger and stronger than others back then but now cant stay healthy and are no longer bigger and stronger. Others were faster and more skilled but their little legs cant keep up anymore regardless of how many hours they spend training or the accolades daddy buys. Its becoming more and more obvious the last 2 years as to how others have passed them in physicality and skill. They were exposed really badly in the UA games. Let's here the excuses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1000 % .. Between Inside Lacrosse Showcases and UA tryouts it adds to the resume' and name recognition. With regard to the underclass team selections it's time to pry it away from Chan and his manipulative minions, It's only a matter of time before only his club guys or catholic school kids make it so how is it not unethical. It is nothing short of blackmail/extortion/bribery or any another sinister action that sends the message, pay me and your kid is a UA guy. And if anyone argues that point they are either benefactors or co-
conspirators so don't embarrass yourselves. Highlight Division 10th out of 12 teams , is that a joke.

Just looked at the roster of the highlight team. Looks like half of the team was not express. Does not look like Chan holders all of the cards. 91 was well represented on that team.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think express "Chan" only had one player named Under Armour All-American.

Maybe it's time to stop making excuses for your kid. He didn't make it because he was not good enough .

Maybe my kid would have made the team, maybe he wouldn’t. Since he didn’t try out, we’ll never know. Now why don’t you tell me why the kids who did make the team couldn’t get the job done and waisted there parents time and money? Sad that LI can’t put a competitive team together. Probably because many of the best players don’t even bother with UA anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jealousy is a terrible trait

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
15 out of 23 were either Express or Catholic(even if 91) the remaining 8 were all 91, With that being said how is it a fair process if 65% of the team are Chan favors or at least partial ones. How do you encourage kids from other schools or clubs to tryout and in the end isn't this all about money. UA I presume gets the tryout money so if less and less kids tryout that will be reflective in the revenue and Chan uses this to dangle in front of prospective young players to join the evil empire therefore collecting "tuition" for the next 4-5 years. It sounds complicit too me, so in the end it's up to parents if they choose to throw away the 2 days and $200. The only great thing is if your kid shows well and doesn't get selected the college coaches who watched tryouts will be asking "Hey where is that kid" if they also are at Baltimore. For $200 I say that is a fair gamble if you believe your son can compete.

Like Reply Quote
Page 126 of 268 1 2 124 125 126 127 128 267 268
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard