BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,584
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 34 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 33 34
Re: Girls 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]How bout them YJs!

This team is in big trouble. Heard a bunch of girls are looking to leave after the season. Enough is enough. Igloo and TG have both left YJ behind. Both of those teams have room for a couple of the better YJ girls, will be interesting!

YJ gets rid of one daddy coach and adds 2 more daddy coaches. This is a disaster. Then add Thorn cursing out the girls after a loss. Too many problems on this team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yj thjorn 4-0 down in MD; guess whose guess whose back guess whose back!!
Took down Skywalkers and Monster Black and CRUSHED TLC Red!!
That Empire team was pounding their chest when they beat tlc red a couple weeks ago by 1g...... WE JUST CRUSHED THEM 10-1.... put empire back in the bathroom with $91 and liberty and Bandits...

This is hysterical !! typical YJ parent ..Putting down other teams to make yourself feel good...get help !!!

Hmmm. Didn’t Wright lose to Hero’s white this weekend 8-1? You know The same team Empire beat? Empire beat Brookhaven 12-3 this weekend.. so I’m thinking maybe they can come out of the bathroom.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]yj thjorn 4-0 down in MD; guess whose guess whose back guess whose back!!
That Empire team was pounding their chest when they beat tlc red a couple weeks ago by 1g...... WE JUST CRUSHED THEM 10-1.... put empire back in the bathroom with $91 and liberty and Bandits...

This is hysterical !! typical YJ parent ..Putting down other teams to make yourself feel good...get help !!!

Hmmm. Didn’t Wright lose to Hero’s white this weekend 8-1? You know The same team Empire beat? Empire beat Brookhaven 12-3 this weekend.. so I’m thinking maybe they can come out of the bathroom.

Enter the A bracket of the Lacrosse by 3 tournament and we will see if Empire is legit or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]How bout them YJs!

This team is in big trouble. Heard a bunch of girls are looking to leave after the season. Enough is enough. Igloo and TG have both left YJ behind. Both of those teams have room for a couple of the better YJ girls, will be interesting!

YJ gets rid of one daddy coach and adds 2 more daddy coaches. This is a disaster. Then add Thorn cursing out the girls after a loss. Too many problems on this team.

Thorns behavior is horrendous. Never seen anything like it. She should be fired. She could care less never did never will. That is what is wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]yj thjorn 4-0 down in MD; guess whose guess whose back guess whose back!!

Enter the A bracket of the Lacrosse by 3 tournament and we will see if Empire is legit or not.

Hopefully!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have watched this age group develop for quite some time. Here are my observations:

YJ started strong , attracted the best talent initially, but lost several of the best girls in the grade along the way due to politics. The team still has some great talent, but can't seem to get it together. perhaps due to poor coaching /entitlement.

TG has a great group and has gained some studs over the past couple years, they have improved, but still need to learn how to finish the big games. They could use a couple more girls with a presence on the field, and can finish shots. The stick skills are solid, but they get beat up playing bigger more athletic teams.

Igloo is defiantly the most improved team in the age group. What they lack is depth, and exposure to top talent. They are also the most expensive club, and you don't get what you pay for. I would love to see them at some of the more competitive tournaments, but even if they can'y get in, a few studs there that are tops in the age group.

Good luck to all the girls/teams moving forward, my daughter plays on one of them and I have respect for all the hardworking girls. Three great teams, all with things to figure out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG has never been beat up by anyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm, they beat YJ every time, Beat Igloo most and beat MD Black in a full game last weekend 10-5. How did your daughters team do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG Lost to Hero’s Green two weeks ago 8-4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG Lost to Hero’s Green two weeks ago 8-4

And Hero's Green lost to M&D Black last weekend.....your point?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

point is pretty simple- TG black lost to Hero's 8-4. You made the remark they have never been beat up by anyone. M & D is a fantastic team. Hero's and M& D enjoy playing each other and are better for it, love the friendly competition and the girls are all friends. No enemies between MD teams, that seems to be a long island issue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

point is pretty simple- TG black lost to Hero's 8-4. You made the remark they have never been beat up by anyone. M & D is a fantastic team. Hero's and M& D enjoy playing each other and are better for it, love the friendly competition and the girls are all friends. No enemies between MD teams, that seems to be a long island issue.

Very confused at your point. ALL of the top teams have good games and not so good games, I believe it’s anout the overall body of work and the strive to move forward from setbacks and improve. ALL of the top teams have suffered losses to one another. That includes YJ, Igloo, Heros, MD United and MD black. Nobody tried to claim that Top Guns is a number one team, but certainly should be in the conversation as a top competitor. They were the first LI team to beat M&D by a nice margin, and made it to the championship game at LFTC, we’re M&D took the championship. It was a great game and a pleasure to make it to play the end. Parents on both sides were respectful and complementary of the girls. Do they have a lot of work to do...yes. But so do all the other teams. Now erase that HEROS paint from the back of your SUV and come down to earth. You were beat by M&D and went home losers. Too bad you’re not as humble as M&D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8-4, beat up? Anyone who watched the game knows otherwise. Chest pounding, loud mouth dads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I honestly ask what you mean by entitlement?
Does this mean girls on the team because the coaches are too afraid of the wrath of their parents in case they were cut?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Can I honestly ask what you mean by entitlement?
Does this mean girls on the team because the coaches are too afraid of the wrath of their parents in case they were cut?

No. Think more friends and family. You live in the right zip code, have siblings that play in the program , pay for training from the coaches in the program, etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I honestly ask what you mean by entitlement?

Exactly!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Complete domination by YJ today. Girls played great lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who did you play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who did you play?
I would not be bragging about this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly. Yj takes Both of their teams to a unknown tournament playing unknown B teams. Both teams win their pool games, two or three playoff games and the A-Team wins the championship. This results in both those teams earning 100+ points apiece towards the nationals… By tomorrow when you look at the point tally both those teams should be way up at the top. Transparent.

Same conversation- How does US Lacrosse organization differentiate between those teams that play in the correct sanctioned tournaments but in B or C brackets? Do they award the same points for wins over lesser teams? How is that remotely fair to the teams that work their tails off, put themselves in the A bracket consistently With aspirations to make it to the top 16 for nationals?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly. Yj takes Both of their teams to a unknown tournament playing unknown B teams. Both teams win their pool games, two or three playoff games and the A-Team wins the championship. This results in both those teams earning 100+ points apiece towards the nationals… By tomorrow when you look at the point tally both those teams should be way up at the top. Transparent.

Same conversation- How does US Lacrosse organization differentiate between those teams that play in the correct sanctioned tournaments but in B or C brackets? Do they award the same points for wins over lesser teams? How is that remotely fair to the teams that work their tails off, put themselves in the A bracket consistently With aspirations to make it to the top 16 for nationals?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most teams don't go to Nationals it's a money grab. The real Nationals are Lax for the cure and the Mid Atlantic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My colleagues in my office were asking about travel sports since I always seem to be at games every weekend. One guy said I heard parents are nuts. I said their are a lot of good people and plenty of crazies who I honestly feel bad for their children. They asked for examples so I brought them to my computer and said look through these posts. Mouths open they said this is insane. It took about 3 minutes to come across this post. They said nooooo way that was written by an adult. I said I cant be sure but I would say 99% sure it was. They took pictures of my screen to show friends that people have no problem talking this way about 12-13 year old girls. By the way to the original poster of piece, a colleauge is someone a person works with. That word was probably over your head.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My colleagues in my office were asking about travel sports since I always seem to be at games every weekend. One guy said I heard parents are nuts. I said their are a lot of good people and plenty of crazies who I honestly feel bad for their children. They asked for examples so I brought them to my computer and said look through these posts. Mouths open they said this is insane. It took about 3 minutes to come across this post. They said nooooo way that was written by an adult. I said I cant be sure but I would say 99% sure it was. They took pictures of my screen to show friends that people have no problem talking this way about 12-13 year old girls. By the way to the original poster of piece, a colleauge is someone a person works with. That word was probably over your head.

And its any different in the business world? Youth sports is a business. You need to be the best to succeed. It's not fun to lose. These rivalries are good for the sport and the girls. My daughter reads all of this and it gets her railed up and ready to compete. To compete you need to be a competitor and bring it every time. Will it always go our way? No, but it's all good. She's getting ready for life! And yes, this is written by an adult! Now go put on your big girl/boy pants and face the reality of youth sports....otherwise, theres always math camp. (and I from what I hear, the same type of thing goes on there!)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My above post about my friends at work was attached to the yj parent posting guess whos back, guess whos back and saying girls should be in the toilet. Classy!! Not sure if thats you but if not you two should definetly meet. Comparing 12 year old sports to the business world is great. Another parent who never did anything athletically in their life trying to live through their daughter. I hope she does great at Maryland or James Madison because if she doesn’t5DpuxP play for a national champion then what was it all for????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And its any different in the business world? Youth sports is a business. You need to be the best to succeed. It's not fun to lose. These rivalries are good for the sport and the girls. My daughter reads all of this and it gets her railed up and ready to compete. To compete you need to be a competitor and bring it every time. Will it always go our way? No, but it's all good. She's getting ready for life! And yes, this is written by an adult! Now go put on your big girl/boy pants and face the reality of youth sports....otherwise, theres always math camp. (and I from what I hear, the same type of thing goes on there!)

Wow. Bet your daughter is proud to call you her father.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She sure is! A beast on the field and in the class room, couldn't be prouder. Hit the gold mine with this gem!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just read that twice to make sure I didn't mis-read. Your 7th grader gets "railed up and ready to compete" by reading posts on BOTC by idiotic parents? Interesting approach. I'm sure you know what you're doing. It's just to bad you don't have a way to get your unique motivational style to the coaches at the big D1 schools. SMH.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And its any different in the business world? Youth sports is a business. You need to be the best to succeed. It's not fun to lose. These rivalries are good for the sport and the girls. My daughter reads all of this and it gets her railed up and ready to compete. To compete you need to be a competitor and bring it every time. Will it always go our way? No, but it's all going od. She's getting ready for life! And yes, this is written by an adult! Now go put on your big girl/boy pants and face the reality of youth sports....otherwise, theres always math camp. (and I from what I hear, the same type of thing goes on there!)

Dumb as rock parent and... you are cluelesss about how the business world works.. enjoy yourself in sanitation and at Marist

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She sure is! A beast on the field and in the class room, couldn't be prouder. Hit the gold mine with this gem!

7th grade girl. True apple it sounds like.
Keep up the good work, tree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough of this nonsense. Tournament Season is here great first match up at the Mid Atlantic Summer Club Championship

Thorn vs M&D Black

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You only receive points towards nationals if you are playing in the A bracket.
THorn beat Monster Black 10-3 and 7-2 this weekend. Monster Black is a very good team; that tied MD United and M&D black and crushed Skywalkers this summer and also beat TG Black 12-5 (qualify under beatdown??) last summer. Yes TG paid them back a few weeks ago.
Thorn is 3-0 vs Monster Black this summer.
The reason some folks esp MD folks want to discredit the Nationals is because they are age based and this group (2023) are competing in the U-13 age group. Whether you like or not most players on Hero's Green and M&D black are 14 before the end of the summer. The only team that went from MD last summer was Elite lacrosse and they didnt even make the semis.
The whole hold back BS is another topic but it's one that has gotten ridiculous. Lacrosse should be like hockey and soccer; birth year/
Good luck girls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Exactly. Yj takes Both of their teams to a unknown tournament playing unknown B teams. Both teams win their pool games, two or three playoff games and the A-Team wins the championship. This results in both those teams earning 100+ points apiece towards the nationals… By tomorrow when you look at the point tally both those teams should be way up at the top. Transparent.

THorn beat Monster Black 10-3 and 7-2 this weekend. Monster Black is a very good team; that tied MD United and M&D black and crushed Skywalkers this summer and also beat TG Black 12-5 (qualify under beatdown??) last summer. Yes TG paid them back a few weeks ago.
The reason some folks esp MD folks want to discredit the Nationals is because they are age based and this group (2023) are competing in the U-13 age group. Whether you like or not most players on Hero's Green and M&D black are 14 before the end of the summer. The only team that went from MD last summer was Elite lacrosse and they didnt even make the semis.
The whole hold back BS is another topic but it's one that has gotten ridiculous. Lacrosse should be like hockey and soccer; birth year/
Good luck girls

Why do you only mention Monster as a good team in the Trilogy Tournament how about the other teams

Westchester Elite(won 20-0), Metro(won14-5), Garden State(won 13-0), House of Sports(won 9-4) all very good teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough of this nonsense. Tournament Season is here great first match up at the Mid Atlantic Summer Club Championship

Thorn vs M&D Black

Sounds like a nice beat down is imminent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Exactly. Yj takes Both of their teams to a unknown tournament playing unknown B teams. Both teams win their pool games, two or three playoff games and the A-Team wins the championship. This results in both those teams earning 100+ points apiece towards the nationals… By tomorrow when you look at the point tally both those teams should be way up at the top. Transparent.

Good luck girls

Thorn is winless vs Igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck girls

Igloo did beat Thorn and NXT in the first tourney of summer, but since then they won National Draw ( a tournament that was competitive 5 years ago).
Igloo may not have lost many games this summer, but since they beat thorn, thorn has beat monster 3x, skywalkers, tlc red, and many other solid teams while Igloo has relaxed on the beach. Igloo is a very talented team, but I think right now Thorn would be a slight favorite.
Thorn
Igloo
TG Black
Legacy
Jesters
Did empire beat icon and lady ducks?? ok maybe they snuck in the top 10

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck girls

Igloo did beat Thorn and NXT in the first tourney of summer, but since then they won National Draw ( a tournament that was competitive 5 years ago).
Igloo may not have lost many games this summer, but since they beat thorn, thorn has beat monster 3x, skywalkers, tlc red, and many other solid teams while Igloo has relaxed on the beach. Igloo is a very talented team, but I think right now Thorn would be a slight favorite.
Thorn
Igloo
TG Black
Legacy
Jesters

?? TG has a better overall record than both Thorn and Igloo. Has beet both those teams in their most recent contests. Is this ranking? Because there is absolutely no justification for the order. Now I do believe that Thorn, Igloo, and TG are all very close in talent, but as of now it would have to be:
TG
Igloo
YJ Thorn
YJ Wright
Jesters
Legacy
Empire

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Exactly. Yj takes Both of their teams to a unknown tournament playing unknown B teams. Both teams win their pool games, two or three playoff games and the A-Team wins the championship. This results in both those teams earning 100+ points apiece towards the nationals… By tomorrow when you look at the point tally both those teams should be way up at the top. Transparent.

Good luck girls

Thorn
Igloo
TG Black
Legacy
Jesters

?? TG has a better overall record than both Thorn and Igloo. Has beet both those teams in their most recent contests. Is this ranking? Because there is absolutely no justification for the order. Now I do believe that Thorn, Igloo, and TG are all very close in talent, but as of now it would have to be:
TG
Igloo
YJ Thorn
YJ Wright
Jesters
Legacy
Empire

Wright's team? Take them off the list not a good team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Exactly. Yj takes Both of their teams to a unknown tournament playing unknown B teams. Both teams win their pool games, two or three playoff games and the A-Team wins the championship. This results in both those teams earning 100+ points apiece towards the nationals… By tomorrow when you look at the point tally both those teams should be way up at the top. Transparent.

Good luck girls

Thorn
Igloo
TG Black
Legacy
Jesters

Slight favorite? Igloo has beat Thorn 3x in the 2 years. You also lost to Skywalkers and Nxt. Congratulations on beating Monster seems like you are hanging your hat on that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck girls

Thorn
Igloo
TG Black
Legacy
Jesters

Slight favorite? Igloo has beat Thorn 3x in the 2 years. You also lost to Skywalkers and Nxt. Congratulations on beating Monster seems like you are hanging your hat on that.

Not even close. Igloo has the better players and coach. YJ parents with their pompous attitudes because they went up to Lake George. SMH. Looking forward to the Nationals.

Page 29 of 34 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard