BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 109 of 214 1 2 107 108 109 110 111 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To answer the question of who is the coach going to play, that’s easy, the girl who goes him or her the best chance to win, Allthe coaches mentioned before run very solid club programs, girls are coming them anyways, HS you don’t have that luxury and the coaches play to win, if you think otherwise than you prob have your mommy goggles on and the girl beating your daughter out is better. Blaming club affiliation is just an easy excuse for you. What is the excuse going to be when the same girl is still playing over your daughter with a new coach??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The real question is should a varsity HS coach be allowed to take money via their club team from their prospective players and expect all families to keep their noses clean by only choosing their organization? Is there punishment if they choose a different club? Isn’t it just time to end this charade and find coaches to lead young lacrosse players minus the resentment and anger and expectations? Why does the BOE in Manhasset allow parent coaches, coaches related to players and owners of travel teams to coach at the varsity level? Time for change.
Does that include Carol Rose, Becky Thorn, and Al Bertalone

GC Coach the smartest...doesn't coach outside the HS!

On the girls side, boys side is a entirely different story

Ive been on both sides. The girls side also has conflicts. The bottom line on both is $$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The real question is should a varsity HS coach be allowed to take money via their club team from their prospective players and expect all families to keep their noses clean by only choosing their organization? Is there punishment if they choose a different club? Isn’t it just time to end this charade and find coaches to lead young lacrosse players minus the resentment and anger and expectations? Why does the BOE in Manhasset allow parent coaches, coaches related to players and owners of travel teams to coach at the varsity level? Time for change.

Medusa is all GC girls travel team

I’m in GC and just starting out. Thanks for the feedback. I also hear see GC Rams and GC Girs Lacrosse around town... are these also travel teams? How do these compare?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oooff... my guess is that one of the players recorded DG when she was vehemently ripping into her or someone else...was probably bad if she got fired.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Geeez... After reading this. Will certainly be taking the 1 hour trip from Nassau for YJ.. what a [ChillLaxin] this DG lady is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m in GC and just starting out. Thanks for the feedback. I also hear see GC Rams and GC Girs Lacrosse around town... are these also travel teams? How do these compare?

Rams is ok to start out as long as you are aware that they have parent coaches. Rams is seasonal and cheaper. You could do both. when you age into rams travel it's very political. Medusa is private, no parent coaches!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Geeez... After reading this. Will certainly be taking the 1 hour trip from Nassau for YJ.. what a [ChillLaxin] this DG lady is.

YJ is all that and more, the most toxic sidelines in any sport

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just make up your own facts why don't ya.Your guess is based on what? Your hate for someone you don't Know? I feel bad that this girl and her sister came away from DG with that feeling. I know that the Clair Q spoken about in the article was more of a problem ( and this includes her mother ). But in all honesty that is not the Danielle that I know. Besides this woman, and the afore mentioned CQ, I have never heard, or seen anything close to this description. My daughter, also a goalie, has been involved in games that I know DG wanted to win, and lost, sometimes by a lot, and never has she said anything even remotely like what was described. I'm not saying her view of the events is not what she believes, I just don't equate that to the DG that I know. Just the opposite. When a recruiting trip went bad for my daughter, it was DG that stood up for her, and after that trip, when my daughter had lost all hope, it was Danielle that kept her in the game. No coach goes without critics, no coach is loved by every past player. To the "parent" that posted "Geeez... After reading this. Will certainly be taking the 1 hour trip from Nassau for YJ.. what a [ChillLaxin] this DG lady is." I'm sure you already take that trip, and if you don't that good for DG that you will not be, if your that easily swayed by the postings of a single disgruntled ex player and 2 or 3 supporting posts, and not swayed by the dozen or so affirmative posts on this very thread, than goo riddance, Liberty is better off without you, and don't worry I'm sure YJ has a spot for you, as long as your check is goo YJ has a spot for everyone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just make up your own facts why don't ya.Your guess is based on what? Your hate for someone you don't Know? I feel bad that this girl and her sister came away from DG with that feeling. I know that the Clair Q spoken about in the article
was more of a problem ( and this includes her mother ). But in all honesty that is not the Danielle that I know. Besides this woman, and the afore mentioned CQ, I have never heard, or seen anything close to this description. My daughter, also a goalie, has been involved in games that I know DG wanted to win, and lost, sometimes by a lot, and never has she said anything even remotely like what was described. I'm not saying her view of the events is not what she believes, I just don't equate that to the DG that I know. Just the opposite. When a recruiting trip went bad for my daughter, it was DG that stood up for her, and after that trip, when my daughter had lost all hope, it was Danielle that kept her in the game. No coach goes without critics, no coach is loved by every past player. To the "parent" that posted "Geeez... After reading this. Will certainly be taking the 1 hour trip from Nassau for YJ.. what a [ChillLaxin] this DG lady is." I'm sure you already take that trip, and if you don't that good for DG that you will not be, if your that easily swayed by the postings of a single disgruntled ex player and 2 or 3 supporting posts, and not swayed by the dozen or so affirmative posts on this very thread, than goo riddance, Liberty is better off without you, and don't worry I'm sure YJ has a spot for you, as long as your check is goo YJ has a spot for everyone

Thanks for that never ending post . If you think Liberty is some elite club who is turning players away you are clueless.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just make up your own facts why don't ya.Your guess is based on what? Your hate for someone you don't Know? I feel bad that this girl and her sister came away from DG with that feeling. I know that the Clair Q spoken about in the article was more of a problem ( and this includes her mother ). But in all honesty that is not the Danielle that I know. Besides this woman, and the afore mentioned CQ, I have never heard, or seen anything close to this description. My daughter, also a goalie, has been involved in games that I know DG wanted to win, and lost, sometimes by a lot, and never has she said anything even remotely like what was described. I'm not saying her view of the events is not what she believes, I just don't equate that to the DG that I know. Just the opposite. When a recruiting trip went bad for my daughter, it was DG that stood up for her, and after that trip, when my daughter had lost all hope, it was Danielle that kept her in the game. No coach goes without critics, no coach is loved by every past player. To the "parent" that posted "Geeez... After reading this. Will certainly be taking the 1 hour trip from Nassau for YJ.. what a [ChillLaxin] this DG lady is." I'm sure you already take that trip, and if you don't that good for DG that you will not be, if your that easily swayed by the postings of a single disgruntled ex player and 2 or 3 supporting posts, and not swayed by the dozen or so affirmative posts on this very thread, than goo riddance, Liberty is better off without you, and don't worry I'm sure YJ has a spot for you, as long as your check is goo YJ has a spot for everyone
Guy... this teenage girl is LITERALLY telling us she was mentally physiologically abused...LITERALLY. Don’t be blind. Don’t be like one of those trump fanboys. There are other girls in that thread that confirmed. There is a toxic side there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guy... this teenage girl is LITERALLY telling us she was mentally physiologically abused...LITERALLY. Don’t be blind. Don’t be like one of those trump fanboys. There are other girls in that thread that confirmed. There is a toxic side there.

Go away snowflake and take your liberal (anti MAGA) ideas with you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone confirm or deny the rumor that DG was at her sisters house in Manhassett while underage students were in attendance drinking alcohol? Not trying to spread a rumor, trying to get the facts prior to making my decision as to sign or not sign the petition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone confirm or deny the rumor that DG was at her sisters house in Manhassett while underage students were in attendance drinking alcohol? Not trying to spread a rumor, trying to get the facts prior to making my decision as to sign or not sign the petition.

Deny, i was in attendance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think her sister even lives in 'set

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can’t rationalize with these type of people who think bullying/lying are the new way to be. Any thing you say that is decent or respectful is snowflake. Not sure when cruelty became so acceptable! Oh yeah ! November 2016!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any info on teams/game times for committed academy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As always with the the illiterate and uneducated..descent to ad hominem attack is a common refuge for the intellectually challenged. Enjoy the day in Mastic smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Before you drive the hour understand that these coaches exist everywhere. Many years ago my daughter had a coach like this at YJ, more subtle but demeaning and hurtful just the same, that coach also coaches at a hs. Also had a coach in ms who called some kids stupid and dumb in front of the entire team and has been doing so for years. Teach your children to respect themselves and then remove themselves from this kind of situation. That could mean giving up your dream for them but In the end they will be happier and healthier!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Her sister definitely lives in manhasset and DG has had her niece on the varsity team since being a freshman. Go look at the former posts for that one. I. Like imagine her sister had a party and kids were there. No idea if true but It seems there is some element of truth to that rumor. Everything she has done in the past likely contributed to her firing including pay to play with her club, treatmwnt of former players and general dismissive attitude. Plus this latest rumor. Hard to believe the AD and the BOE would fire a coach after the team wins states unless there was a reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Her sister definitely lives in manhasset and DG has had her niece on the varsity team since being a freshman. Go look at the former posts for that one. I. Like imagine her sister had a party and kids were there. No idea if true but It seems there is some element of truth to that rumor. Everything she has done in the past likely contributed to her firing including pay to play with her club, treatmwnt of former players and general dismissive attitude. Plus this latest rumor. Hard to believe the AD and the BOE would fire a coach after the team wins states unless there was a reason.
Do you mean the rumor you just started?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could have changed, but last I knew Medusa was run by a couple GC graduates / former players, not current coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have a HS coach that is a YJ coach she has kids on her summer team that play for the HS team. As a parent of a kid who plays for another club, you cant tell me that the thousands and thousands of dollars that those kids have paid to her through the YJ's and privates doesn't effect decisions even if they are small ones. It's just a terrible conflict of interest for the school district. The coach should be above reproach and 2nd guessing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could have changed, but last I knew Medusa was run by a couple GC graduates / former players, not current coaches.

My youngest plays with them. The coaches are a bit more seasoned than "just graduates". Princeton and BC grads. They've been really sweet and fundamentals based with my younger girls. Nothing but positive experience with Medusa.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can’t rationalize with these type of people who think bullying/lying are the new way to be. Any thing you say that is decent or respectful is snowflake. Not sure when cruelty became so acceptable! Oh yeah ! November 2016!

It started when equal opportunity for all became equal outcome for all, which deep down everyone knows is not possible, if you believe otherwise you're too far gone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The real question is should a varsity HS coach be allowed to take money via their club team from their prospective players and expect all families to keep their noses clean by only choosing their organization? Is there punishment if they choose a different club? Isn’t it just time to end this charade and find coaches to lead young lacrosse players minus the resentment and anger and expectations? Why does the BOE in Manhasset allow parent coaches, coaches related to players and owners of travel teams to coach at the varsity level? Time for change.

My youngest plays with them. The coaches are a bit more seasoned than "just graduates". Princeton and BC grads. They've been really sweet and fundamentals based with my younger girls. Nothing but positive experience with Medusa.

Relax Mom, nobody said they are "just" graduates. I was trying to point out that - to my knowledge - there is not the same potential conflict of interest that people are talking about with other schools. Don't be so defensive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour was a great tournament. The most competitive tournament out there. Talent level is by far the highest of any tournament we have been to.

If your daughter is of age I highly recommend trying out for one of the teams next year.

The best of the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The real question is should a varsity HS coach be allowed to take money via their club team from their prospective players and expect all families to keep their noses clean by only choosing their organization? Is there punishment if they choose a different club? Isn’t it just time to end this charade and find coaches to lead young lacrosse players minus the resentment and anger and expectations? Why does the BOE in Manhasset allow parent coaches, coaches related to players and owners of travel teams to coach at the varsity level? Time for change.

Relax Mom, nobody said they are "just" graduates. I was trying to point out that - to my knowledge - there is not the same potential conflict of interest that people are talking about with other schools. Don't be so defensive.

LOL... agreed... apologies

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour was a great tournament. The most competitive tournament out there. Talent level is by far the highest of any tournament we have been to.

If your daughter is of age I highly recommend trying out for one of the teams next year.

The best of the best.

Impressive that Long Island ran the table and won the Highlight Division for the second straight year. Agree that talent level, especially on Top 4 Teams, was very strong. The selection process is never perfect but the end result does validate some of the selections, especially when playing time was fairly even for most players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I finally got to see what so much of the talk on this site has been about at UA. CR lives up to her reputation , knows how to win but not exactly a role model I would want my daughter around very often. Language and behavior is ridiculous and her attempt at rehabbing her star players image was a total failure , and from what I could see both that coaches reputation and that players are well deserved. On a positive note I would rather my kid play for her than any of the three stooges who coached the younger group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those same three stooges went undefeated last year and won the Command Division

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I finally got to see what so much of the talk on this site has been about at UA. CR lives up to her reputation , knows how to win but not exactly a role model I would want my daughter around very often. Language and behavior is ridiculous and her attempt at rehabbing her star players image was a total failure , and from what I could see both that coaches reputation and that players are well deserved. On a positive note I would rather my kid play for her than any of the three stooges who coached the younger group.

Besides Gick who else coached the command team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What player was she trying to rehab

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe if they spread the talent out a little more on UA Command with less concentration of YJ, odds would have been better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The girl claimed to be the best 2020 in the country by people on this site for the last few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The girl claimed to be the best 2020 in the country by people on this site for the last few years.

You mean the 18 year old 10th grader?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry have not seen that said , ever .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean the 18 year old 10th grader?

Let me guess? She’s waaaay better than your daughter so she must be 18! Grow up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First off the player that they are talking about is actually on age unlike the other two "best players in the age" one from LI the other from down south. That said we got to play the LI team , they were very good but was obvious the coach was forcing the ball to one player who lost the ball more than she did anything good with it. My understanding is this player has not played much the past few years mostly because she is out of control off the field( those stories must be greatly exaggerated at this point because if they were true I cannot imagine any school would keep their commitment ) so her club coach is trying to "rehab" her image to the college coaches to which she committed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The girl is a still a very good player and has the potential to be exceptionally good.

Like Reply Quote
Page 109 of 214 1 2 107 108 109 110 111 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard