BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone who writes "lil [ChillLaxin]" in a girl's youth lax forum" should probably check themselves in to Bellevue.

I agree but that's a different person from the one who is making you look like a fool trying to be the know it all talent evaluator .

yeah ok. you just got called out for being a complete DB and now you r trying to run from it. So also a coward. Nice.

Seems not only are you a terrible evaluator but also have zero concept that muntiple people actually post on this site .Lets "dig a little deeper " into your psyche, you think you know what all college coaches are looking for , your an internet tough guy , you cannot accept that multiple people on this site think your a fool. Essentially it's obvious that you are the protypical blowhard lacrosse dad who everyone tolerates but cannot stand , sadly you know this but cannot help yourself on the sideline .Gotta love the internet fake tough guy anonymously calling others a coward , now go back to your evaluating of 12 -13 year old girls , creepy at best , illlegal at worst.

Angry much. Terrible grammar and spelling. Look who's the "internet tough guy". And definitely same guy. Time for you to grow up. Your poor daughter.

Why don't we try a new subject. Any predictions for top 5 in Women's NCAA this year? I say Neither UNC or Maryland win it this year. I'll go with a bit of a wildcard given the last few years, Northwestern.

Could use a change in the conversation. So why Northwestern? They seem to be getting worse and worse every year, why this year? They seemed to have changed their recruiting philosophy and it has hurt them lately. KAH loves the idea of finding some out of the box player and turning them into All Americans. It worked on her first go round. But trying to turn Texas and Canada into the next Womens hotbed is a bit too far out of the box thinking. Actually the player from Canada may be from inside the box, lol.

Well. They got a lot better from beginning of last year to end. They lost Selena Lasota very early in the season. She is a very impactful player. One of their other top scorers, Danita Stroup, is back as a 5th year senior, and Shelby Fredericks might be the best draw player in the country. Their defense is physical and fast. Quinn and Copeland stand out at that end. I think they will be tough to play against if they stay healthy.

Didn't watch them play in the fall, but a friend did. Saw them play Notre Dame. Said NU dominated. Yes just fall ball. Doesn't mean a lot. But I think they will be back in the hunt this year and will not be a team you will want to face in the NCAAs if they are healthy at the end of the year.

Just trying to find someone other than Maryland and UNC that could have an outside chance. They'd be my bet.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The same 5 teams have won the championship for the last 25 years. This year won't be any different. The reason that any girl that wants to play in college can, is because there is a shortage of exceptional talent once you get outside the top 15 teams. I hope your right and we have new winners because that would be good for the sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The same 5 teams have won the championship for the last 25 years. This year won't be any different. The reason that any girl that wants to play in college can, is because there is a shortage of exceptional talent once you get outside the top 15 teams. I hope your right and we have new winners because that would be good for the sport.

Not a fan and have no affiliation, but this could be the year for Stony Brook, they should have beaten Maryland last year in the semi's and they destroyed BC in fall ball, to the point of embarrassing them on the field - thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a fan and have no affiliation, but this could be the year for Stony Brook, they should have beaten Maryland last year in the semi's and they destroyed BC in fall ball, to the point of embarrassing them on the field - thoughts?

Very hard to root for stony brook and their coach who has always been a rule bender. He will be the reason all ladies are wearing helmets one day. Although his tactics win him a ton of games its tough to watch like the old hack the shaq days. At least the rest of the country can now do what SB and the rest of the LI club girls have always done, move after the whistle

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very hard to root for stony brook and their coach who has always been a rule bender. He will be the reason all ladies are wearing helmets one day. Although his tactics win him a ton of games its tough to watch like the old hack the shaq days. At least the rest of the country can now do what SB and the rest of the LI club girls have always done, move after the whistle

No one goes by anything in the fall either, I watched Maryland lose to BC and Virginia last fall. Teams aren't the same in the fall. But I will say that SB is going to a contender this year and they finally decided to play a tough schedule, maybe Spallina realized the AE and Hopkins was not enough.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough already. Who gives a crap!!

What would you rather discuss , which team won the showcase tournament that barely any of the committed kids show up at. Agreed with the previous poster except many of those schools do make considerable offers to their top recruits starting year 1. By considerable I mean over 50 percent of the cost of attendance .

LOL, right. . .let's talk about who's beating up who and which club stinks! OP, and yes, you're right. From what I've heard and "learned" from coaches, top 1-3 recruits incoming will get over 50 percent, then a drop down to 15 to 20 percent (per year guaranteed) to next group, then book money (1-2%), then nothing (which doesn't mean these aren't good players....they may be in state for state schools). A public school tuition like MD or UVA for even an out of stater is already half of a private. . .so many of the Big 5 can go low early and high later which makes the guarantee less odious. And this obviously is one hearsay story...each coach has a different MO. Of course, there's always that one parent whose kid got the FULL RIDE. . .and I believe it! </sarcasm>

I know Boston College and Duke have alumni donate scholarships to sports, So they have those and then the ones the school offers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with this. There is one simple reason SB will not win this year - the change back to the original 3-second rule. And thank god. They stuffed the 8-meter. Had like 31 3 second calls in that game against Maryland. It was silly when the NCAA changed the rule to a minor foul. There was no consequence. Now it is back to a major foul, and SB will pay if they play their illegal zone in the 8. Made for ugly lacrosse and bordered on cheating. But that's what you'd expect from them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What would you rather discuss , which team won the showcase tournament that barely any of the committed kids show up at. Agreed with the previous poster except many of those schools do make considerable offers to their top recruits starting year 1. By considerable I mean over 50 percent of the cost of attendance .

LOL, right. . .let's talk about who's beating up who and which club stinks! OP, and yes, you're right. From what I've heard and "learned" from coaches, top 1-3 recruits incoming will get over 50 percent, then a drop down to 15 to 20 percent (per year guaranteed) to next group, then book money (1-2%), then nothing (which doesn't mean these aren't good players....they may be in state for state schools). A public school tuition like MD or UVA for even an out of stater is already half of a private. . .so many of the Big 5 can go low early and high later which makes the guarantee less odious. And this obviously is one hearsay story...each coach has a different MO. Of course, there's always that one parent whose kid got the FULL RIDE. . .and I believe it! </sarcasm>

I know Boston College and Duke have alumni donate scholarships to sports, So they have those and then the ones the school offers

No. Well yes. That's how BC funds some of their scholarships. Assume u r correct about Duke. They are not in addition to "the ones the schools have to offer." Every school gets to offer 12 scholarships in women's lacrosse. Some schools aren't "fully funded" by their athletic department and don't actually offer 12. Some, get fully funded through their athletic department. And some, BC as an example, use a combination of athletic department budgeting and endowed scholarships from alumni. They still only offer 12 total. It's just a question of where the money comes from to fund them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely illegal. If boosters could do that than every kid on every team at a big school would be on a full ride. Scholarships keep the playing field somewhat level however in lacrosse and soccer you will find a surprising amount of D1 schools that are not allowed to use their full NCAA scholarship allotment. Those are schools are only partially funded ie only get 8 scholarships

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not sure what exactly you are trying to say. Just to be clear the maximum number of athletic scholarships a program can award is set by the NCAA, even if alumni donate that amount does not change.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was watching northwestern stall for the last 8-10 minutes of a game any better? Coaches all bend the rules when it suits them and complain when it works against them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was watching northwestern stall for the last 8-10 minutes of a game any better? Coaches all bend the rules when it suits them and complain when it works against them

??? That was not bending the rules at all. It was just boring. The shot clock has been great. Free movement and quick restarts speed up game the game, too. Although the free movement with resetting the offensive player does not make sense as it rewards the D for fouling. Hopefully the repetitive foul green/yellow cards will be issued early to stop that. Because we know SB will push the limit if they can. Cheaters always wanna cheat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A Progressive foul system like basketball would mean stony brook would need a roster of 50 to finish games. And yes I think it would be great to stop the hacking and needless fouls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone considering going to the Women’s Professional Lacrosse League Futures tryout this month at Hofstra ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone considering going to the Women’s Professional Lacrosse League Futures tryout this month at Hofstra ?

This ones at Hofstra? Why’d a couple of LI kids go to Princeton ? Must’ve not known there was for New York. I’ll look in to it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you need to find something better to do with all your free time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is always someone willing to take your time, money or both

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess that the UWLX was so successful that someone decided they needed to start another women's pro lacrosse league...

(NA) Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

I guess that the UWLX was so successful that someone decided they needed to start another women's pro lacrosse league...

There was a difference of opinion with upper management so one of the co-founders I believe (or some executive) decided to compete with the league by starting their own league. The MLL (Major League Lacrosse for the Men's) is not profitable so I cannot see any of these leagues being 'profitable' but profitable doesn't necessarily mean successful...However, having 2 leagues is great for the sport and gives former collegiate players a way to earn some extra supplemental income for something that they love doing and for the top players, it gives them a chance to earn more money through endorsement deals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stony Brook was not in the semi's last year (or any year). Should have, could have, and would have but they didn't . Don't think they will win it this year either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by TM@BOTC

There was a difference of opinion with upper management so one of the co-founders I believe (or some executive) decided to compete with the league by starting their own league. The MLL (Major League Lacrosse for the Men's) is not profitable so I cannot see any of these leagues being 'profitable' but profitable doesn't necessarily mean successful...However, having 2 leagues is great for the sport and gives former collegiate players a way to earn some extra supplemental income for something that they love doing and for the top players, it gives them a chance to earn more money through endorsement deals.

As the previous poster said there's always someone willing to take your money. My son did it for two years after college and it was crazy travel combined with no money and then you have to fill out tax returns for every state that you played in, as much as he loved the game it was a real headache

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW..... I am late to all of this but here is my thoughts.... it may take a bit.
As far as the Internet tough guy/evaluators.... concerning the 2015 class (the ones picked for the U.S U-19 team) as a control case.

one of the goalies picked for the U19 team (supposedly the best) has been benched and has not retained her spot (NU) he other has been replaced multiple times because of poor play(ND) meanwhile, goalies that got less press are on the #1(SB) and #2 (BC) teams in the country, and two of the best players in the country (Apuzzo and Leavy) were passed over for lesser players today (Ortega and Miller)So just maybe how you play when you're 13 or 14 doesn't really mean that much when your 20.

Seeing as this is a LI thread...... looking at Florida... it seems the "me first" "go to goal" play from the sisters from the YJ club do more to hurt them than help, while the real deal player (from Liberty, I know you YJ lovers will hate this, but it is true) is the only real Tewaaraton worthy player on the team. In reality, no YJ player is really worthy this year or next (Except maybe Ortega from UNC) but definitely players from TG and Lib are.

Fall ball means Nothing.... when your daughter gets to college you will realize this

All coaches (especially college coaches) are lying to you. unless you are in the top 1%........ and no your kid is not one of them.

Spallina is the worst thing to happen to woman lacrosse, but is a great coach

Northwestern only seems better because they are not playing the hardest schedule this year.... average at best. gets by on n name recognition ( but so does 'cuse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by TM@BOTC

As the previous poster said there's always someone willing to take your money. My son did it for two years after college and it was crazy travel combined with no money and then you have to fill out tax returns for every state that you played in, as much as he loved the game it was a real headache

Not a Tax expert but I am calling BS on this one. People travel around the country for work everyday, they do not pay tax in every state that they work in. Could be wrong but this sounds like BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW..... I am late to all of this but here is my thoughts.... it may take a bit.
As far as the Internet tough guy/evaluators.... concerning the 2015 class (the ones picked for the U.S U-19 team) as a control case.

one of the goalies picked for the U19 team (supposedly the best) has been benched and has not retained her spot (NU) he other has been replaced multiple times because of poor play(ND) meanwhile, goalies that got less press are on the #1(SB) and #2 (BC) teams in the country, and two of the best players in the country (Apuzzo and Leavy) were passed over for lesser players today (Ortega and Miller)So just maybe how you play when you're 13 or 14 doesn't really mean that much when your 20.

Seeing as this is a LI thread...... looking at Florida... it seems the "me first" "go to goal" play from the sisters from the YJ club do more to hurt them than help, while the real deal player (from Liberty, I know you YJ lovers will hate this, but it is true) is the only real Tewaaraton worthy player on the team. In reality, no YJ player is really worthy this year or next (Except maybe Ortega from UNC) but definitely players from TG and Lib are.

Fall ball means Nothing.... when your daughter gets to college you will realize this

All coaches (especially college coaches) are lying to you. unless you are in the top 1%........ and no your kid is not one of them.

Northwestern only seems better because they are not playing the hardest schedule this year.... average at best. gets by on n name recognition ( but so does 'cuse

Dude you seem to be the most uninformed know it all internet posting loser in a long time .You have no idea why the NW goalie lost her starting spot nor do you have a clue why the ND goalie has been replaced in certain games. The fact that a few goalies that got less press are on the top teams does not indicate they are the best goalies you dope. As much as I detest losers like you putting young girls names on the site to tear them down you show your ignorance as one of your “ lesser players today” is a mid season first team all American while one of your best players in the country is not team 1,2, or 3 . Keep your idiotic opinions to yourself as you obviously have some sort of strange crush on CR and it just makes you so angry she finds you effeminate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, how is the 2017 recruiting class from Long Island making out so far this season? How are the girls on some of the top teams doing? Any surprises in terms of the girls that are excelling, the ones getting playing time or surprises regarding the ones that are seeing much of the field? Just curious on everyone's thoughts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree YJ players are always about the "me"
Agree on Fall Ball
Agree about the LI delusion thinking they are ALL top 1 percenters
Agree Spallina is bad. Bad sportsman. Bad with rules. Bad with stat padding
Agree with a few teams holding on to their rankings based on reputation. Fact is there still is very little depth of teams to take their place

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree YJ players are always about the "me"
Agree on Fall Ball
Agree about the LI delusion thinking they are ALL top 1 percenters
Agree Spallina is bad. Bad sportsman. Bad with rules. Bad with stat padding
Agree with a few teams holding on to their rankings based on reputation. Fact is there still is very little depth of teams to take their place

Agree you both are clowns

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Agree you both are clowns[/quote]

Another Parent of a 1 percenter. Congratulations

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree you both are clowns[/quote]

Another Parent of a 1 percenter. Congratulations[/quote]

Another know it all braggart

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 Week in and can't wait for this summer season to be over

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude you seem to be the most uninformed know it all internet posting loser in a long time .You have no idea why the NW goalie lost her starting spot nor do you have a clue why the ND goalie has been replaced in certain games. The fact that a few goalies that got less press are on the top teams does not indicate they are the best goalies you dope. As much as I detest losers like you putting young girls names on the site to tear them down you show your ignorance as one of your “ lesser players today” is a mid season first team all American while one of your best players in the country is not team 1,2, or 3 . Keep your idiotic opinions to yourself as you obviously have some sort of strange crush on CR and it just makes you so angry she finds you effeminate.

What happened to the original poster ? Could it be that YJ had 9-10 D1 AA, TG 2-3, Lib 2-3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think Kelly Amonte is the worst thing to happen to girls lacrosse - watching all the smug fourth grade and up PAL and club coaches and every HS coach running a stall in every relatively competitive game has made it unwatchable, it has set the game back 20 years and it's not teaching young players a skill that is worth anything - need shot clock in HS now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U

seriously, I encourage all Nassau girls to look at Liberty. We have great relationships with a few of the Ivies and top 10 Universities. You have the best of both worlds 1) the academic reputation of many Nassau schools and 2) competitive lacrosse!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And boy did the YJs stink at LFTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liberty is over and done , now that DG got fired most likely for some unethical behavior there is no reason for the Manhasset spoiled brats to play Liberty .Has a liberty team ever beaten a YJ team , I think when YJ 2016 team beat the Liberty 2015 team was turning point and Leberty was never competitive again .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liberty is over and done , now that DG got fired most likely for some unethical behavior there is no reason for the Manhasset spoiled brats to play Liberty .Has a liberty team ever beaten a YJ team , I think when YJ 2016 team beat the Liberty 2015 team was turning point and Leberty was never competitive again .

Yes. Liberty 2021 beat YJ 2021 last season. The Yj then won at nationals (age based not grade) but they had their 2020 draw girl who they couldn’t have won without. (YJ can now dispute)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. Liberty 2021 beat YJ 2021 last season. The Yj then won at nationals (age based not grade) but they had their 2020 draw girl who they couldn’t have won without. (YJ can now dispute)

This year Liberty tied Legacy, TG black. Stop living in the past.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And YJ lost to steps B team. So about equal I would say.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And YJ lost to steps B team. So about equal I would say.

20 minute game...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what was the unethical behavior?

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard