BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Girls 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah, but not the slick LI guy. A great coach he is, playing everyone not in his DNA. 15-1, winter league, indoor, doesn't matter., foot does not come off the gas and the end of the bench wallows on the bench with their yj swag (not that the end of the bench aren't great players in their own right, no knock on them) so no excuses he was playing everyone and not playing to win. BS.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
yeah, but not the slick LI guy. A great coach he is, playing everyone not in his DNA. 15-1, winter league, indoor, doesn't matter., foot does not come off the gas and the end of the bench wallows on the bench with their yj swag (not that the end of the bench aren't great players in their own right, no knock on them) so no excuses he was playing everyone and not playing to win. BS.

The guys practices are well worth it. End of the bench with him, is better than starting on so many teams. Can't deny that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have to love the ignorance of the post above, written by someone who wasn't at this game but clearly has an issue with the YJ coach or is simply jealous of him. Instead of lobbing anonymous insults maybe you should get your hands off the keyboard and have a catch with your daughter.

For those that care - this was a very competitive 22 min 1 goal game where the YJ team played man down for the last 3-4 minutes bc their player got a red card. M&D scored the game winner with 15 -20 seconds left. Was it a foul, yes- worthy of a red - no.

This will be a great rivalry for years to come.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have to love the ignorance of the post above, written by someone who wasn't at this game but clearly has an issue with the YJ coach or is simply jealous of him. Instead of lobbing anonymous insults maybe you should get your hands off the keyboard and have a catch with your daughter.

For those that care - this was a very competitive 22 min 1 goal game where the YJ team played man down for the last 3-4 minutes bc their player got a red card. M&D scored the game winner with 15 -20 seconds left. Was it a foul, yes- worthy of a red - no.

Player got a red card.....exactly! Thug play. Keep playing that box! Teaches girls to get penalties, not play with finesse. Girls lax is not boys lax. And as for the great coach, he had a nice run, but currently all his franchise teams have taken a downhill turn. Crush, slipped from the #1 spot and the SB girls failed pretty bad at the end. Gotta know how to finish big games. M&D know how to do that and have the studs to get the job done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Player got a red card.....exactly! Thug play. Keep playing that box! Teaches girls to get penalties, not play with finesse. Girls lax is not boys lax. And as for the great coach, he had a nice run, but currently all his franchise teams have taken a downhill turn. Crush, slipped from the #1 spot and the SB girls failed pretty bad at the end. Gotta know how to finish big games. M&D know how to do that and have the studs to get the job done.

Whoever wrote this Pounding your chest winning a 22 min game after getting doubled up in a real game! Seems like you couldn't wait to post that Stalking the coach you are a special type of crazy. 5th grade girls what a hammerhead you are

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those two games aside YJ vs. M&D; are any of the statements made on the original post false? No stalking. No hate. Just facts. So, stop the excuses. Maybe you win the next one but pipe your ego down. You are no less of a man because your daughters team lost a game. Save the excuses for the GC you report to...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to M&D in the NGLL? Both teams are very talented with similar skill. Both of these teams have lost to other teams and will lose again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thug play? That’s ridiculous. 10 year old kids here. That kid with red card quite possibly best player on that team. Not even my team and I know she’s not that type of player. Still many good players left on field for that 3 minutes I would imagine to get job done. Sad to see grown ups on here calling kids names.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is elevate. Where are they out of

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thug play? That’s ridiculous. 10 year old kids here. That kid with red card quite possibly best player on that team. Not even my team and I know she’s not that type of player. Still many good players left on field for that 3 minutes I would imagine to get job done. Sad to see grown ups on here calling kids names.

Best players don’t get red cards and cost teams important games. Red card players should be punished be the the coach and not be allowed to play in the next game. That type of behavior is unnecessary and should be unacceptable. Gives the coach, player and club a bad name....oh wait, they already have that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
these are 10 and 11 year old girls. just let it go. MND is good, YJ is good, Heros is good. lets move on, enjoy watching your daughter develop and grow with the game. in the end its not about the game and more about the relationships that these girls build.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Regardless of her being the "best player" on the team or not... that was a pretty deliberate swing of the stick at the girls head. I have been watching girls lacrosse for many years at many age groups and it is not too often that you see a direct red (especially at 5th grade level). I'm not blaming the player, but it is the result of a team that is being taught to play dirty, they take way too many yellow cards to begin with. That team is too skilled and talented, it is a shame that they are being taught to play like a bunch of thugs because they can win without playing dirty (and it cost them in this case).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huntington

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huntington

And if the director can't get your kid a scholarship he's an excellent financial planner and will help you pay for it. Just ask his brokerage clients.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huntington

And if the director can't get your kid a scholarship he's an excellent financial planner and will help you pay for it. Just ask his brokerage clients.

To quote the immortal Monty Python crew..."Run Away, Run Away"....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like any program there are pros and cons. Having been through a number of them on the boys and the girls side with various kids they are no worse and there are aspects we like better than others. A lot of times when people leave an organization people seem to like to throw rocks back at it. just move on if you are or weren't happy goes for any club team...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure mom. Keep telling yourself that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D when you live in a glass house stop throwing stones. We all have seen some dirty play when things are not going well for your team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep your kid happy PUT her on the second teammate YJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Accusing an 11 year old of “thug” play is really sad. I wasn’t at the game, but I’ve watched that kid play 50 times. She’s the best player I’ve seen at this age. Wins every draw, ground ball machine, makes everyone around her better. Looks to pass before she shoots which is unheard of for kids that age. Never once have I seen that kid play like a “thug”. She’s a first class kid who’s a great teammate. Like I said, I wasn’t at the game so I can’t comment on the actual play, but even the thought of saying things like this about a child is deplorable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And for those of you who blame this CHILD for losing the game, this group wouldn’t be close to an elite team without her. Still a great team, but not beating / competing with the top teams in Maryland. She brings them to a different level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And for those of you who blame this CHILD for losing the game, this group wouldn’t be close to an elite team without her. Still a great team, but not beating / competing with the top teams in Maryland. She brings them to a different level.

Ok mommy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Information please! my daughter is interested in playing boys lacrosse, is that allowed? When do they have to make the move over to girls if they even have to. Thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Information please! my daughter is interested in playing boys lacrosse, is that allowed? When do they have to make the move over to girls if they even have to. Thank you

Waste of time, many have tried, it does not "toughen them up", or make them better. A completely different game. In middle school, they will be forced to play girls, since it is offered. You are better off getting her involved in a competitive girls program, and playing multiple sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With regard to youth lacrosse, it would be up to your local league. I do not know of any town league on Long Island that has said no and there is a precedence which would be hard to ignore. Currently, there are girls playing or have played at Rocky Point, Sachem, Bayport Blue Point and Mt. Sinai. Travel lacrosse has also warmed to the idea since your money is as green as anyone else's.

As for the switchover, there are a couple of things to consider in New York State:

1) Does your school offer girls lacrosse? If no, she can play boys lacrosse with no questions asked.

2) According to New York State, any girl may play a boy's sport if the girl's sport is not competitive enough for them. I'm paraphrasing here because I don't have time to look up the exact wording. This is subject to the approval of the Athletic Director of your daughter's high school and you would most likely need to be able to demonstrate the need with this very subjective rule.

3) There is always the end run. "My daughter identifies as a boy." BOOM. That will send educators scurrying. Probably not a great idea if it's not true.

As to the benefits, which another poster said in their opinion there aren't any, who cares? Does your daughter really want to play boys lacrosse? If she does, let her play and worry about the other stuff later. It's a game. Games should be fun for kids. Games could even be fun for adults (shocking!) It isn't going to hurt her game. Look at Lasota at Northwestern who grew up playing box lacrosse with the boys. Box lacrosse is a savage game. She seems to be doing okay. If your daughter has got a stick in her hand, she's getting better. The more fun she has, the more likely she'll have a stick in her hand.

So, if your daughter is going to have fun laying the lumber and taking hits in return, you should let her. Forget the naysayers, it's not their child. It's about your child and what she wants to do. People are so tied up with "benefits" and trying to get an edge, they forget about kids and FUN. I've seen many girls playing boys lacrosse, the ones who are having fun are plainly evident. And so are the ones who don't want to be there and their parents are making them. Don't be that parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Boys goalie is a female athlete. So far, she is better than the other goalie boys, but she doesn't have to mix it up and when she does it isn't a good thing for her. Look out for puberty though! I would expect that in a year or two, that will be the end of that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Boys goalie is a female athlete. So far, she is better than the other goalie boys, but she doesn't have to mix it up and when she does it isn't a good thing for her. Look out for puberty though! I would expect that in a year or two, that will be the end of that.

Does anyone else remember "Goalie Dad"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Besides your wife?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do, he's been quiet lately.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like someone is driving home a loser again! Congratulations to M&D who proved once again that they’re the better team. Have a great summer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like someone is driving home a loser again! Congratulations to M&D who proved once again that they’re the better team. Have a great summer!

My daughter was on th winning side of this one!! Don’t be a jerk was a great game by both sides have a great summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter was on th winning side of this one!! Don’t be a jerk was a great game by both sides have a great summer

Coach got what he deserved. Only cares about making his own kids look good. Backed fired today and with his others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How often does Spallina come to practice? Who coaches when he has his other obligations? Interested in YJ2025 tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How often does Spallina come to practice? Who coaches when he has his other obligations? Interested in YJ2025 tryouts.

Not enough, but when he comes it’s better than any practice you’ve seen.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard