Send us your commitment story & Contact us for Lacrosse Events boosting. Keep Laxin'!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,270
Posts346,696
Members2,493
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 107 of 199 1 2 105 106 107 108 109 198 199
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I heard that Dave K. has been offered the job....


DK from Elevate? Nice try Dave, I don't think you can market your way and BS your way into the SET job. They are looking for a lacrosse coach, not a businessman! Keep coaching the powerhouse that is HT and using the free fields at HT to make money off your fan base!

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[ Why do you think your kid plays defense and not midfield ? I would say you are a clown but really your just sad .


And there's the insult. Exactly what sort of stick skills do defenders lack? Shooting behind the back? Not needed on D, and frankly not needed on O either. It's fancy, it's showy, and it misses more than it hits. They go lefty and righty, they catch, pass and run like all the other players on the field. They have an entirely different skill set than offense and for you to think it's all abut stick tricks is a joke and shows a lack of understanding of the game.



There you go again powder puff showing a complete lack of understanding .The person you quoted and the person talking about shooting behind their back are two different people . I have yet to hear any of you explain why your kid plays defense and not middie in high school. Would also be curious as to why college coaches very often recruit middies first turning them into both attack and defense while rarely do high school defenders get recruited and converted into attack or middies . The reason is simple , high school middies are the best athletes and defenders don’t have the stick skills to play offense . Now tell us how long you have been around the game ,also wondering if any defender you know has had the stick skills of KO .


This is great. Keep writing, as you are giving everyone a good laugh at your expense. Have a great day.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I heard that Dave K. has been offered the job....


DK from Elevate? Nice try Dave, I don't think you can market your way and BS your way into the SET job. They are looking for a lacrosse coach, not a businessman! Keep coaching the powerhouse that is HT and using the free fields at HT to make money off your fan base!


Businessman??.....surely you jest?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[ Why do you think your kid plays defense and not midfield ? I would say you are a clown but really your just sad .


And there's the insult. Exactly what sort of stick skills do defenders lack? Shooting behind the back? Not needed on D, and frankly not needed on O either. It's fancy, it's showy, and it misses more than it hits. They go lefty and righty, they catch, pass and run like all the other players on the field. They have an entirely different skill set than offense and for you to think it's all abut stick tricks is a joke and shows a lack of understanding of the game.



There you go again powder puff showing a complete lack of understanding .The person you quoted and the person talking about shooting behind their back are two different people . I have yet to hear any of you explain why your kid plays defense and not middie in high school. Would also be curious as to why college coaches very often recruit middies first turning them into both attack and defense while rarely do high school defenders get recruited and converted into attack or middies . The reason is simple , high school middies are the best athletes and defenders don’t have the stick skills to play offense . Now tell us how long you have been around the game ,also wondering if any defender you know has had the stick skills of KO .


I don't know where your daughter goes to HS, but this is ridiculous. Check out top IAAM private schools in Baltimore. Do you honestly think that all the best players play midfield? Only 3 midfielders play at a time, and at most HS's there isn't a lot of subbing. It's not like boys lacrosse where you are running multiple lines of middies out there. I know for my daughter's team every starting defender could play midfield. All of them have or even still do for their club team. You have to have athletic defenders with good stick skills to be able to clear the ball. And my daughter isn't a midfielder. A defender on her team is the most sought after player by colleges so far and she plays defense on her club also. She made Under Armour and has made multiple camp all star teams. If you think colleges aren't looking at defenders that's stupid. Will they move middies to defense as well of course. Doesn't mean top defenders aren't in high demand.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I heard that Dave K. has been offered the job....


DK from Elevate? Nice try Dave, I don't think you can market your way and BS your way into the SET job. They are looking for a lacrosse coach, not a businessman! Keep coaching the powerhouse that is HT and using the free fields at HT to make money off your fan base!


This was said in jest - doesn't seem like they were serious at all. There is no way the AD would go for another club coach and deal with the associated headaches. More importantly, is the hearsay about her dismissal true? No news = truth. too bad.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
DG “out” at Set’......win a ship, lose your job!


I doubt this decision was made in haste and isn't likely not based on the one year performance. Things just don't happen that way. It gets approved by the AD, Superintendent, and the BOE. There are a lot of rumors circulating as to why so it will be interesting to see if she can get another job with another school district.


From my understanding of the situation, you're wrong. The AD made the decision not to renew her contract and, thus, not present DG as a personnel choice for the next school year essentially "firing" her. This is a huge loss for Manhasset. To the folks from the class of 17 who started this because they wanted her out, the grass isn't always greener and is NOT for certain in this case. Manhasset's loss will be another community's gain.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[ Why do you think your kid plays defense and not midfield ? I would say you are a clown but really your just sad .


And there's the insult. Exactly what sort of stick skills do defenders lack? Shooting behind the back? Not needed on D, and frankly not needed on O either. It's fancy, it's showy, and it misses more than it hits. They go lefty and righty, they catch, pass and run like all the other players on the field. They have an entirely different skill set than offense and for you to think it's all abut stick tricks is a joke and shows a lack of understanding of the game.



There you go again powder puff showing a complete lack of understanding .The person you quoted and the person talking about shooting behind their back are two different people . I have yet to hear any of you explain why your kid plays defense and not middie in high school. Would also be curious as to why college coaches very often recruit middies first turning them into both attack and defense while rarely do high school defenders get recruited and converted into attack or middies . The reason is simple , high school middies are the best athletes and defenders don’t have the stick skills to play offense . Now tell us how long you have been around the game ,also wondering if any defender you know has had the stick skills of KO .


I don't know where your daughter goes to HS, but this is ridiculous. Check out top IAAM private schools in Baltimore. Do you honestly think that all the best players play midfield? Only 3 midfielders play at a time, and at most HS's there isn't a lot of subbing. It's not like boys lacrosse where you are running multiple lines of middies out there. I know for my daughter's team every starting defender could play midfield. All of them have or even still do for their club team. You have to have athletic defenders with good stick skills to be able to clear the ball. And my daughter isn't a midfielder. A defender on her team is the most sought after player by colleges so far and she plays defense on her club also. She made Under Armour and has made multiple camp all star teams. If you think colleges aren't looking at defenders that's stupid. Will they move middies to defense as well of course. Doesn't mean top defenders aren't in high demand.


I am willing to bet that this guy's daughter plays for a weak HS team as well as a weak club team. If she does play for one of the top club teams she is not one of their top midfielders.

Congratulations to your daughter on making Under Armour. I doubt this jokers kid is a UA All-American. More than likely she is an average player who scores a bunch of goals in her HS games and that has caused this guy to think that she is a special player. I am also willing to bet that his daughter did not receive a single offer from any of the top college programs. I am also pretty sure he is the type of guy who thinks having offers from UConn, UNH, Marist and HC is the same as having offers from UNC, Northwestern, Maryland and BC.

Not worth arguing with him. He thinks his daughter is the best and nothing will change his mind.

BTW, the best player / athlete on my daughters club team plays midfield but she is also the teams best defender and plays that position from time to time. The same player was recruited by just about all of the top programs and is committed to one of the best. She is not flashy and is not one of those go to goal types and some of the parents who do not understand the game think other players are better. It's funny, after last summer none of the college coaches thought any of the other players were better and it drove many of the parents crazy.

In general the majority of stronger athletes do play midfield for their HS teams but that does not mean that there are not many exceptions.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
DG “out” at Set’......win a ship, lose your job!


I doubt this decision was made in haste and isn't likely not based on the one year performance. Things just don't happen that way. It gets approved by the AD, Superintendent, and the BOE. There are a lot of rumors circulating as to why so it will be interesting to see if she can get another job with another school district.


From my understanding of the situation, you're wrong. The AD made the decision not to renew her contract and, thus, not present DG as a personnel choice for the next school year essentially "firing" her. This is a huge loss for Manhasset. To the folks from the class of 17 who started this because they wanted her out, the grass isn't always greener and is NOT for certain in this case. Manhasset's loss will be another community's gain.


Please educate us as to your "understanding of the situation" and how you are aware of how it works? Seems like you are accepting the standard line from people in that town. Once again, that is just not how the process works. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I am willing to bet that this guy's daughter plays for a weak HS team as well as a weak club team. If she does play for one of the top club teams she is not one of their top midfielders.

Congratulations to your daughter on making Under Armour. I doubt this jokers kid is a UA All-American. More than likely she is an average player who scores a bunch of goals in her HS games and that has caused this guy to think that she is a special player. I am also willing to bet that his daughter did not receive a single offer from any of the top college programs. I am also pretty sure he is the type of guy who thinks having offers from UConn, UNH, Marist and HC is the same as having offers from UNC, Northwestern, Maryland and BC.

Not worth arguing with him. He thinks his daughter is the best and nothing will change his mind.

BTW, the best player / athlete on my daughters club team plays midfield but she is also the teams best defender and plays that position from time to time. The same player was recruited by just about all of the top programs and is committed to one of the best. She is not flashy and is not one of those go to goal types and some of the parents who do not understand the game think other players are better. It's funny, after last summer none of the college coaches thought any of the other players were better and it drove many of the parents crazy.

In general the majority of stronger athletes do play midfield for their HS teams but that does not mean that there are not many exceptions."



You people are pathetic. You spend much of your post speculating on my daughter which I find comical . You then go on to prove my point with your idiotic story about the best player on your daughters travel team ,a middie. Then your final sentence is exactly what I have been saying and you and your dopey friends have been arguing against , best athletes play middie. Whats even funnier is your smug attitude toward schools like Marist when your kid is not good enough to play midfield on her high school team. You make it way too easy.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
DG “out” at Set’......win a ship, lose your job!


I doubt this decision was made in haste and isn't likely not based on the one year performance. Things just don't happen that way. It gets approved by the AD, Superintendent, and the BOE. There are a lot of rumors circulating as to why so it will be interesting to see if she can get another job with another school district.


From my understanding of the situation, you're wrong. The AD made the decision not to renew her contract and, thus, not present DG as a personnel choice for the next school year essentially "firing" her. This is a huge loss for Manhasset. To the folks from the class of 17 who started this because they wanted her out, the grass isn't always greener and is NOT for certain in this case. Manhasset's loss will be another community's gain.


While I agree about her talents and lax acumen, to assume that she could go to any school district and automatically win is way off base. In Publics, you are beholden to the student athletes you have in town--so in Manhasset or GC or CSH or a few other perenials, where there is a tremendous wealth of lax players, it makes her HS coaching job a bunch easier. put her in a district where they don't have the Set' farm system and results wouldn't be the same. She has had the best of every coach's dream--talent and supply.
But put her in a private/CHSAA school? With support from an AD? Where she could recruit kids to play there--she would have a build a dynasty. There are any # of Catholic schools that would take her--biz crap and baggage and all.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[ Why do you think your kid plays defense and not midfield ? I would say you are a clown but really your just sad .



And there's the insult. Exactly what sort of stick skills do defenders lack? Shooting behind the back? Not needed on D, and frankly not needed on O either. It's fancy, it's showy, and it misses more than it hits. They go lefty and righty, they catch, pass and run like all the other players on the field. They have an entirely different skill set than offense and for you to think it's all abut stick tricks is a joke and shows a lack of understanding of the game.



There you go again powder puff showing a complete lack of understanding .The person you quoted and the person talking about shooting behind their back are two different people . I have yet to hear any of you explain why your kid plays defense and not middie in high school. Would also be curious as to why college coaches very often recruit middies first turning them into both attack and defense while rarely do high school defenders get recruited and converted into attack or middies . The reason is simple , high school middies are the best athletes and defenders don’t have the stick skills to play offense . Now tell us how long you have been around the game ,also wondering if any defender you know has had the stick skills of KO .


I don't know where your daughter goes to HS, but this is ridiculous. Check out top IAAM private schools in Baltimore. Do you honestly think that all the best players play midfield? Only 3 midfielders play at a time, and at most HS's there isn't a lot of subbing. It's not like boys lacrosse where you are running multiple lines of middies out there. I know for my daughter's team every starting defender could play midfield. All of them have or even still do for their club team. You have to have athletic defenders with good stick skills to be able to clear the ball. And my daughter isn't a midfielder. A defender on her team is the most sought after player by colleges so far and she plays defense on her club also. She made Under Armour and has made multiple camp all star teams. If you think colleges aren't looking at defenders that's stupid. Will they move middies to defense as well of course. Doesn't mean top defenders aren't in high demand.


I am willing to bet that this guy's daughter plays for a weak HS team as well as a weak club team. If she does play for one of the top club teams she is not one of their top midfielders.

Congratulations to your daughter on making Under Armour. I doubt this jokers kid is a UA All-American. More than likely she is an average player who scores a bunch of goals in her HS games and that has caused this guy to think that she is a special player. I am also willing to bet that his daughter did not receive a single offer from any of the top college programs. I am also pretty sure he is the type of guy who thinks having offers from UConn, UNH, Marist and HC is the same as having offers from UNC, Northwestern, Maryland and BC.

Not worth arguing with him. He thinks his daughter is the best and nothing will change his mind.

BTW, the best player / athlete on my daughters club team plays midfield but she is also the teams best defender and plays that position from time to time. The same player was recruited by just about all of the top programs and is committed to one of the best. She is not flashy and is not one of those go to goal types and some of the parents who do not understand the game think other players are better. It's funny, after last summer none of the college coaches thought any of the other players were better and it drove many of the parents crazy.

In general the majority of stronger athletes do play midfield for their HS teams but that does not mean that there are not many exceptions.


I didn't read it as a knock on Marist. I think they were implying that not all DI programs are equal just as not all midfielders are equal.

If you are talking about the top middies (on the top club teams) we get it they are usually very good athletes / players. But just being a midfielder in HS does not mean you are one of the top players / athletes .

In the end , who cares and why do you have such a strong need to try and put players down?

Unles your daughter is one of the overall top players in her class she is just another average player. Is she Commited to a top 10 team ? How about top 20? Is she on YJ Top Team? How about TG top team? Liberty? Did she make SG Long Island Team 1? How about UA Underclass Team? Is she older, did she make UA AA Senior team? Was she ranked by Inside Lacrosse? How about an invite to U19 Tryouts? Already in college ? Top 10-20 program? Was she All-Conference ? All-American?

If yes to some of the above then congratulations.

If not she is just another average player like most of our children.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think people's issue with what you are saying is the fact that you are making a blanket statement disparaging all defenders as not as athletic or that they don't have the stick skills to play midfield and other slights....

My daughter plays defense because she enjoys it. She was selected for SG Team 1, for UA Underclass, etc. She can go to camps and play midfield which she does as well.

Your tone and blanket statements make you sound like a [ChillLaxin] which is why you are getting such blow back.

It's not what you are saying is necessarily incorrect. College coaches do move middies to defense in college. But the great HS and Club defenders are just as highly recruited as the best at any other positions. This is because if coaches can find girls with the same athleticism and stick skills that are already well versed in defensive positioning, communication, clearing, sliding, etc that is quite a valuable piece on your team.

Stop insulting young girls and maybe people won't react in such ways to what you are saying.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for some real advice, my daughter is a 2021 and according to her club coach, she has been gettIng some interest this summer, I know there is new legislation that the coaches can’t contact her until September of her junior year but is there anything We can do to ffacilitate the process for her? Or am I basically just relying on her club coach to communicate? I’m confused by the new process and am curious how are some girls committed already if the coaches can’t talk to them? Any real advice would be greatly appreciated, this is not intended to create an argument or anything like most posts, just need some real advice, thanks in advance.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DG head east to Huntington HS

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looking for some real advice, my daughter is a 2021 and according to her club coach, she has been gettIng some interest this summer, I know there is new legislation that the coaches can’t contact her until September of her junior year but is there anything We can do to ffacilitate the process for her? Or am I basically just relying on her club coach to communicate? I’m confused by the new process and am curious how are some girls committed already if the coaches can’t talk to them? Any real advice would be greatly appreciated, this is not intended to create an argument or anything like most posts, just need some real advice, thanks in advance.


Unless they are breaking the rules(which some are) they can reach out to your coach and express "general interest" in your daughter. This usually includes them asking for some feedback on the player from the HS/Club coach and usually also included the college coach asking the HS/Club coach to send the player info for upcoming camps/clinics.

All your daughter can do is email the coaches. Express interest, send their tournament schedules, grades, other info/updates. Go to their camps if really interested in the school. They can at least talk to the coaches there just not about whether they are on their list or anything like that.

Take your time. There's no rush.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
DG “out” at Set’......win a ship, lose your job!


I doubt this decision was made in haste and isn't likely not based on the one year performance. Things just don't happen that way. It gets approved by the AD, Superintendent, and the BOE. There are a lot of rumors circulating as to why so it will be interesting to see if she can get another job with another school district.


From my understanding of the situation, you're wrong. The AD made the decision not to renew her contract and, thus, not present DG as a personnel choice for the next school year essentially "firing" her. This is a huge loss for Manhasset. To the folks from the class of 17 who started this because they wanted her out, the grass isn't always greener and is NOT for certain in this case. Manhasset's loss will be another community's gain.


Please educate us as to your "understanding of the situation" and how you are aware of how it works? Seems like you are accepting the standard line from people in that town. Once again, that is just not how the process works. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
DG “out” at Set’......win a ship, lose your job!


I doubt this decision was made in haste and isn't likely not based on the one year performance. Things just don't happen that way. It gets approved by the AD, Superintendent, and the BOE. There are a lot of rumors circulating as to why so it will be interesting to see if she can get another job with another school district.


From my understanding of the situation, you're wrong. The AD made the decision not to renew her contract and, thus, not present DG as a personnel choice for the next school year essentially "firing" her. This is a huge loss for Manhasset. To the folks from the class of 17 who started this because they wanted her out, the grass isn't always greener and is NOT for certain in this case. Manhasset's loss will be another community's gain.


Please educate us as to your "understanding of the situation" and how you are aware of how it works? Seems like you are accepting the standard line from people in that town. Once again, that is just not how the process works. Sorry to burst your bubble.


My bubble’s intact, thanks. And, yes that’s how the process works. The board of ed doesn’t select coaches or even candidates for that matter. They approve their contract - if they choose too which is 99% of the time. The athletic director recommends or ‘hires’ the coaches for the boards’s approval. Don’t lose any sleep over this ;-)

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
DG “out” at Set’......win a ship, lose your job!


I doubt this decision was made in haste and isn't likely not based on the one year performance. Things just don't happen that way. It gets approved by the AD, Superintendent, and the BOE. There are a lot of rumors circulating as to why so it will be interesting to see if she can get another job with another school district.


From my understanding of the situation, you're wrong. The AD made the decision not to renew her contract and, thus, not present DG as a personnel choice for the next school year essentially "firing" her. This is a huge loss for Manhasset. To the folks from the class of 17 who started this because they wanted her out, the grass isn't always greener and is NOT for certain in this case. Manhasset's loss will be another community's gain.


Please educate us as to your "understanding of the situation" and how you are aware of how it works? Seems like you are accepting the standard line from people in that town. Once again, that is just not how the process works. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
DG “out” at Set’......win a ship, lose your job!


I doubt this decision was made in haste and isn't likely not based on the one year performance. Things just don't happen that way. It gets approved by the AD, Superintendent, and the BOE. There are a lot of rumors circulating as to why so it will be interesting to see if she can get another job with another school district.


From my understanding of the situation, you're wrong. The AD made the decision not to renew her contract and, thus, not present DG as a personnel choice for the next school year essentially "firing" her. This is a huge loss for Manhasset. To the folks from the class of 17 who started this because they wanted her out, the grass isn't always greener and is NOT for certain in this case. Manhasset's loss will be another community's gain.


Please educate us as to your "understanding of the situation" and how you are aware of how it works? Seems like you are accepting the standard line from people in that town. Once again, that is just not how the process works. Sorry to burst your bubble.


My bubble’s intact, thanks. And, yes that’s how the process works. The board of ed doesn’t select coaches or even candidates for that matter. They approve their contract - if they choose too which is 99% of the time. The athletic director recommends or ‘hires’ the coaches for the boards’s approval. Don’t lose any sleep over this ;-)
All you people that are so giddy that she lost the 'set job are like the libtards, be careful what you wish for. I was lucky enough to have DG coach my daughter(no I'm not from 'set) and the way I see it is they just unleashed a dragon. This will most likely go one of 4 ways

1 she takes a college coaching job (and most HS players and coaches better be hoping for that)

2 She takes a job at a Catholic. Probably not SA, but all others are on the block with my money on SHA, Friends or good old St Mary's right down the block, wouldn't that be fun

3 She moves to a school in western Suffolk (in class A Huntington, West Islip, Commack, or in class B Happauge) or takes the Wantagh job (bat for 'set and GC)

4 she just focuses on liberty

Though many College AD's would love to get DG as a coach I doubt thats going to happen. As for the catholics, that becomes a very doable situation, especially St Marys being right in 'set, you would have to wonder how many transfers there would be and how large a crap coach ferraro will take knowing her reign just ended. For my money I would love to see her in Suffolk A for all the obvious reasons. The lest likely is she will just focus on Liberty. How stupid is the 'set district for letting her go, its not like she didn't just win the state, either way there loss is someones gain, and a lot of peoples pain

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think people's issue with what you are saying is the fact that you are making a blanket statement disparaging all defenders as not as athletic or that they don't have the stick skills to play midfield and other slights....

My daughter plays defense because she enjoys it. She was selected for SG Team 1, for UA Underclass, etc. She can go to camps and play midfield which she does as well.

Your tone and blanket statements make you sound like a [ChillLaxin] which is why you are getting such blow back.


It's not what you are saying is necessarily incorrect. College coaches do move middies to defense in college. But the great HS and Club defenders are just as highly recruited as the best at any other positions. This is because if coaches can find girls with the same athleticism and stick skills that are already well versed in defensive positioning, communication, clearing, sliding, etc that is quite a valuable piece on your team.

Stop insulting young girls and maybe people won't react in such ways to what you are saying.


“Agree that middies are expected to play D. Disagree that they can do it well. Some can, most are mediocre at best. They don't understand the slide, they don't understand how to read the offensive player, they foul when they've lost their player and they do lose their players a lot, they aren't that big on communication which is key when defending. Etc., etc., etc.”

The post that started it all . Your biggest problem is your lack of knowledge or the fact that your kid was a high school defender and it bothers you that she did not play middle . So I am insulting young girls but the original post was not .Great defenders in high school are not recruited as highly as the best attackers and middies in high school no matter how often you say it , it’s just not the case . No one has said there are not exceptions to the rule but for the most part in high school the best players on most teams are the middies .What is your explanation that it is commonplace to have high school midfielders converted to play defense in college but the reverse rarely happens .You have none because you are clueless. You say your kid was selected for UA then please explain why essentially every defender on the 10-11th grade UA LI team is actually a midfielder except one who is the exception, how is that possible , why is that the fact . Until you can come up with a reasonable explanation why the UA defenders are actually middies other than the fact that in high school on LI your best athletes and players are middies you show you are clueless, even Becky knows she does not have the stick skills to play middie .

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DG not going to coach at SHA. They pay like crap, every coach they hire is somehow affiliated with school( graduate or parent) and they have reigning coach of year which is ridiculous that she won. DG should of won

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
DG “out” at Set’......win a ship, lose your job!


I doubt this decision was made in haste and isn't likely not based on the one year performance. Things just don't happen that way. It gets approved by the AD, Superintendent, and the BOE. There are a lot of rumors circulating as to why so it will be interesting to see if she can get another job with another school district.


From my understanding of the situation, you're wrong. The AD made the decision not to renew her contract and, thus, not present DG as a personnel choice for the next school year essentially "firing" her. This is a huge loss for Manhasset. To the folks from the class of 17 who started this because they wanted her out, the grass isn't always greener and is NOT for certain in this case. Manhasset's loss will be another community's gain.


Please educate us as to your "understanding of the situation" and how you are aware of how it works? Seems like you are accepting the standard line from people in that town. Once again, that is just not how the process works. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
DG “out” at Set’......win a ship, lose your job!


I doubt this decision was made in haste and isn't likely not based on the one year performance. Things just don't happen that way. It gets approved by the AD, Superintendent, and the BOE. There are a lot of rumors circulating as to why so it will be interesting to see if she can get another job with another school district.


From my understanding of the situation, you're wrong. The AD made the decision not to renew her contract and, thus, not present DG as a personnel choice for the next school year essentially "firing" her. This is a huge loss for Manhasset. To the folks from the class of 17 who started this because they wanted her out, the grass isn't always greener and is NOT for certain in this case. Manhasset's loss will be another community's gain.


Please educate us as to your "understanding of the situation" and how you are aware of how it works? Seems like you are accepting the standard line from people in that town. Once again, that is just not how the process works. Sorry to burst your bubble.


My bubble’s intact, thanks. And, yes that’s how the process works. The board of ed doesn’t select coaches or even candidates for that matter. They approve their contract - if they choose too which is 99% of the time. The athletic director recommends or ‘hires’ the coaches for the boards’s approval. Don’t lose any sleep over this ;-)
All you people that are so giddy that she lost the 'set job are like the libtards, be careful what you wish for. I was lucky enough to have DG coach my daughter(no I'm not from 'set) and the way I see it is they just unleashed a dragon. This will most likely go one of 4 ways

1 she takes a college coaching job (and most HS players and coaches better be hoping for that)

2 She takes a job at a Catholic. Probably not SA, but all others are on the block with my money on SHA, Friends or good old St Mary's right down the block, wouldn't that be fun

3 She moves to a school in western Suffolk (in class A Huntington, West Islip, Commack, or in class B Happauge) or takes the Wantagh job (bat for 'set and GC)

4 she just focuses on liberty

Though many College AD's would love to get DG as a coach I doubt thats going to happen. As for the catholics, that becomes a very doable situation, especially St Marys being right in 'set, you would have to wonder how many transfers there would be and how large a crap coach ferraro will take knowing her reign just ended. For my money I would love to see her in Suffolk A for all the obvious reasons. The lest likely is she will just focus on Liberty. How stupid is the 'set district for letting her go, its not like she didn't just win the state, either way there loss is someones gain, and a lot of peoples pain


High School Coaches don't make that much (less than 10k??)... perhaps Manhasset felt she was leveraging her position as coach to enrich her private business. I watch from afar in GC. When they played us, her team was well oiled machine. very shocking that she was let go...

My guess is she focuses on Liberty as she would probably make up for any income lost. It's also time consuming to run a high level HS program.. return on investment maybe not too favorable.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think people's issue with what you are saying is the fact that you are making a blanket statement disparaging all defenders as not as athletic or that they don't have the stick skills to play midfield and other slights....

My daughter plays defense because she enjoys it. She was selected for SG Team 1, for UA Underclass, etc. She can go to camps and play midfield which she does as well.

Your tone and blanket statements make you sound like a [ChillLaxin] which is why you are getting such blow back.


It's not what you are saying is necessarily incorrect. College coaches do move middies to defense in college. But the great HS and Club defenders are just as highly recruited as the best at any other positions. This is because if coaches can find girls with the same athleticism and stick skills that are already well versed in defensive positioning, communication, clearing, sliding, etc that is quite a valuable piece on your team.

Stop insulting young girls and maybe people won't react in such ways to what you are saying.


“Agree that middies are expected to play D. Disagree that they can do it well. Some can, most are mediocre at best. They don't understand the slide, they don't understand how to read the offensive player, they foul when they've lost their player and they do lose their players a lot, they aren't that big on communication which is key when defending. Etc., etc., etc.”

The post that started it all . Your biggest problem is your lack of knowledge or the fact that your kid was a high school defender and it bothers you that she did not play middle . So I am insulting young girls but the original post was not .Great defenders in high school are not recruited as highly as the best attackers and middies in high school no matter how often you say it , it’s just not the case . No one has said there are not exceptions to the rule but for the most part in high school the best players on most teams are the middies .What is your explanation that it is commonplace to have high school midfielders converted to play defense in college but the reverse rarely happens .You have none because you are clueless. You say your kid was selected for UA then please explain why essentially every defender on the 10-11th grade UA LI team is actually a midfielder except one who is the exception, how is that possible , why is that the fact . Until you can come up with a reasonable explanation why the UA defenders are actually middies other than the fact that in high school on LI your best athletes and players are middies you show you are clueless, even Becky knows she does not have the stick skills to play middie .


I guess this explains why the Senior All American team defenders are almost all from MD and only one from LI. The HS defenders in the top Maryland conferences are all very highly recruited.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
DG head east to Huntington HS


she likely won't be heading to any public school if the speculation is correct. I doubt any district would hire her. best route is to get a private school job and keep her Liberty program alive.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think people's issue with what you are saying is the fact that you are making a blanket statement disparaging all defenders as not as athletic or that they don't have the stick skills to play midfield and other slights....

My daughter plays defense because she enjoys it. She was selected for SG Team 1, for UA Underclass, etc. She can go to camps and play midfield which she does as well.

Your tone and blanket statements make you sound like a [ChillLaxin] which is why you are getting such blow back.


It's not what you are saying is necessarily incorrect. College coaches do move middies to defense in college. But the great HS and Club defenders are just as highly recruited as the best at any other positions. This is because if coaches can find girls with the same athleticism and stick skills that are already well versed in defensive positioning, communication, clearing, sliding, etc that is quite a valuable piece on your team.

Stop insulting young girls and maybe people won't react in such ways to what you are saying.


“Agree that middies are expected to play D. Disagree that they can do it well. Some can, most are mediocre at best. They don't understand the slide, they don't understand how to read the offensive player, they foul when they've lost their player and they do lose their players a lot, they aren't that big on communication which is key when defending. Etc., etc., etc.”

The post that started it all . Your biggest problem is your lack of knowledge or the fact that your kid was a high school defender and it bothers you that she did not play middle . So I am insulting young girls but the original post was not .Great defenders in high school are not recruited as highly as the best attackers and middies in high school no matter how often you say it , it’s just not the case . No one has said there are not exceptions to the rule but for the most part in high school the best players on most teams are the middies .What is your explanation that it is commonplace to have high school midfielders converted to play defense in college but the reverse rarely happens .You have none because you are clueless. You say your kid was selected for UA then please explain why essentially every defender on the 10-11th grade UA LI team is actually a midfielder except one who is the exception, how is that possible , why is that the fact . Until you can come up with a reasonable explanation why the UA defenders are actually middies other than the fact that in high school on LI your best athletes and players are middies you show you are clueless, even Becky knows she does not have the stick skills to play middie .


Plenty of middies will be playing defense in college not because they want to, but because they have to. why? because they aren't natural middies, many of them have offensive stats, but most of them are against bad teams (and there are plenty of bad teams in HS), when it's crunch time the are no where to be seen, they get shut down by good teams, when their team needs a goal the ball isn't going to them. it speaks to the lack of depth in almost every HS program, if a kid can run they're a middie - Plenty of kids recruited as a defenders are playing middie on school team because there are no other options

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
DG head east to Huntington HS


she likely won't be heading to any public school if the speculation is correct. I doubt any district would hire her. best route is to get a private school job and keep her Liberty program alive.
You're like CNN and MSNBC, no real facts just throwing out innuendo and speculation to defame a good, well loved and respected person because you don't like something about them . I bet you were with her, So enlighten us all Rachel Maddow, what's the "speculation" or are you just lying because you're a Yellow Jacket drone

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
DG head east to Huntington HS


she likely won't be heading to any public school if the speculation is correct. I doubt any district would hire her. best route is to get a private school job and keep her Liberty program alive.
You're like CNN and MSNBC, no real facts just throwing out innuendo and speculation to defame a good, well loved and respected person because you don't like something about them . I bet you were with her, So enlighten us all Rachel Maddow, what's the "speculation" or are you just lying because you're a Yellow Jacket drone


Dude , stop living in the past . Liberty has not been on YJ radar for a long time and honestly do not think that isYJ posting that stuff as they just don’t care .

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
DG head east to Huntington HS


she likely won't be heading to any public school if the speculation is correct. I doubt any district would hire her. best route is to get a private school job and keep her Liberty program alive.
You're like CNN and MSNBC, no real facts just throwing out innuendo and speculation to defame a good, well loved and respected person because you don't like something about them . I bet you were with her, So enlighten us all Rachel Maddow, what's the "speculation" or are you just lying because you're a Yellow Jacket drone


Dude , stop living in the past . Liberty has not been on YJ radar for a long time and honestly do not think that isYJ posting that stuff as they just don’t care .
Dude ..... Who's living in the past? I'm talking about things said today, and yes I do think this is a Yellow Jacket drone posting this stuff, don't you all love to post lies and gossip about each other, let alone every other club. But Dude.... the real joke is that the YJ aren't even that good anymore, you guys can't even win at LFAC anymore, the only tournament you can win is that farce you put on in August at Mitchell Field, and thats only because your playing each other. In all my years being involved in Girls lacrosse I have never heard of a person affiliated with another club say anything about DG or Liberty but Yellow Jacket parents. But I'll ask again , what is this speculation that you talk about? or are you just being your typical YJ parent with nothing but lies and rumor.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
DG head east to Huntington HS


she likely won't be heading to any public school if the speculation is correct. I doubt any district would hire her. best route is to get a private school job and keep her Liberty program alive.
You're like CNN and MSNBC, no real facts just throwing out innuendo and speculation to defame a good, well loved and respected person because you don't like something about them . I bet you were with her, So enlighten us all Rachel Maddow, what's the "speculation" or are you just lying because you're a Yellow Jacket drone


Dude , stop living in the past . Liberty has not been on YJ radar for a long time and honestly do not think that isYJ posting that stuff as they just don’t care .
Dude ..... Who's living in the past? I'm talking about things said today, and yes I do think this is a Yellow Jacket drone posting this stuff, don't you all love to post lies and gossip about each other, let alone every other club. But Dude.... the real joke is that the YJ aren't even that good anymore, you guys can't even win at LFAC anymore, the only tournament you can win is that farce you put on in August at Mitchell Field, and thats only because your playing each other. In all my years being involved in Girls lacrosse I have never heard of a person affiliated with another club say anything about DG or Liberty but Yellow Jacket parents. But I'll ask again , what is this speculation that you talk about? or are you just being your typical YJ parent with nothing but lies and rumor.


Ok Mom, thanks for the liberty update. Keep drinking whatever they are giving you over there. Ask around about DG incl former players and college coaches. They aren’t all glowing recommendations and much loved or well respected as you would have us believe. Do you really think the AD would dismiss a coach after the season the team had unless he had something? Think about it as it appears you haven’t. You don’t seem well informed for someone that claims to be being involved in lacrosse for many years as you stated.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering the rumor was pretty rampant during the last year that she was out, it must have been something that was no longer acceptable for powers that be in Manhasset to not tolerate anymore.
And correct---like all successful people in her position (coach, travel director, person), you never have to look far to find numerous detractors. She has burned many a bridge in her past dealings with folks.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Considering the rumor was pretty rampant during the last year that she was out, it must have been something that was no longer acceptable for powers that be in Manhasset to not tolerate anymore.
And correct---like all successful people in her position (coach, travel director, person), you never have to look far to find numerous detractors. She has burned many a bridge in her past dealings with folks.


Wonder what it could have been? Had to have been pretty serious

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Dude ..... Who's living in the past? I'm talking about things said today, and yes I do think this is a Yellow Jacket drone posting this stuff, don't you all love to post lies and gossip about each other, let alone every other club. But Dude.... the real joke is that the YJ aren't even that good anymore, you guys can't even win at LFAC anymore, the only tournament you can win is that farce you put on in August at Mitchell Field, and thats only because your playing each other. In all my years being involved in Girls lacrosse I have never heard of a person affiliated with another club say anything about DG or Liberty but Yellow Jacket parents. But I'll ask again , what is this speculation that you talk about? or are you just being your typical YJ parent with nothing but lies and rumor."

You are truly pathetic, why would YJ parents care if DG lost her school coaching job? Lies and gossip sounds like you and your lady friends have been watching too many housewives shows. You seem to think you are a tough guy who has personally heard YJ parents bash DG then stop being such a weasel and have a conversation with them. For you to go after how good the top YJ teams are is laughable , again YJ parents don't care about Liberty as they have been irrelevant for the last 5 years at every age group. See you later gossip girl.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Dude ..... Who's living in the past? I'm talking about things said today, and yes I do think this is a Yellow Jacket drone posting this stuff, don't you all love to post lies and gossip about each other, let alone every other club. But Dude.... the real joke is that the YJ aren't even that good anymore, you guys can't even win at LFAC anymore, the only tournament you can win is that farce you put on in August at Mitchell Field, and thats only because your playing each other. In all my years being involved in Girls lacrosse I have never heard of a person affiliated with another club say anything about DG or Liberty but Yellow Jacket parents. But I'll ask again , what is this speculation that you talk about? or are you just being your typical YJ parent with nothing but lies and rumor."

You are truly pathetic, why would YJ parents care if DG lost her school coaching job? Lies and gossip sounds like you and your lady friends have been watching too many housewives shows. You seem to think you are a tough guy who has personally heard YJ parents bash DG then stop being such a weasel and have a conversation with them. For you to go after how good the top YJ teams are is laughable , again YJ parents don't care about Liberty as they have been irrelevant for the last 5 years at every age group. See you later gossip girl.
As irrelevant as Yellow Jackets have become this year?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Considering the rumor was pretty rampant during the last year that she was out, it must have been something that was no longer acceptable for powers that be in Manhasset to not tolerate anymore.
And correct---like all successful people in her position (coach, travel director, person), you never have to look far to find numerous detractors. She has burned many a bridge in her past dealings with folks.


Wonder what it could have been? Had to have been pretty serious


Could be a harbinger of things to come, the school coach/club coach conflict is hitting critical mass and some schools are deciding that its time to choose one or the other. Sett can compete with anyone coaching, so it's a pretty safe bet for them to do this and set an example, I'm sure other HS AD's will take notice as many hear complaints about pay to play coaches all the time

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Sherlock, Mitchell tourney has been done for 3 years. Most of the DG bashing comes from liberty parents. If you don’t live in Set , she treats you like a mirage. The same thing happens at YJ, if you don’t live in the big 3 zip codes(NP, Mt. Sinai or ESM) you are irreverent.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hey Sherlock, Mitchell tourney has been done for 3 years. Most of the DG bashing comes from liberty parents. If you don’t live in Set , she treats you like a mirage. The same thing happens at YJ, if you don’t live in the big 3 zip codes(NP, Mt. Sinai or ESM) you are irreverent.


That’s kind of petty but I could see that since she is HS coach of Manhasset and would want to get her girls playing time at Liberty. Then where do the GC, CSH, Syosset, girls play club? Serious question as there seems to be so much politics involved with selecting a club. I see some of them scattered throughout. Is Igloo the best option?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hey Sherlock, Mitchell tourney has been done for 3 years. Most of the DG bashing comes from liberty parents. If you don’t live in Set , she treats you like a mirage. The same thing happens at YJ, if you don’t live in the big 3 zip codes(NP, Mt. Sinai or ESM) you are irreverent.


That’s kind of petty but I could see that since she is HS coach of Manhasset and would want to get her girls playing time at Liberty. Then where do the GC, CSH, Syosset, girls play club? Serious question as there seems to be so much politics involved with selecting a club. I see some of them scattered throughout. Is Igloo the best option?


I'm from GC and my daughter plays Liberty - no issues at all. Playing time - great - Recruiting - great.

That said, don't concern yourself with the generalizations out there - they effect only a few. It's about you and your daughter's experience. If she's a talented athlete and puts the time and effort in, she'll be noticed regardless of what town she's from and what club she plays for.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hey Sherlock, Mitchell tourney has been done for 3 years. Most of the DG bashing comes from liberty parents. If you don’t live in Set , she treats you like a mirage. The same thing happens at YJ, if you don’t live in the big 3 zip codes(NP, Mt. Sinai or ESM) you are irreverent.


That’s kind of petty but I could see that since she is HS coach of Manhasset and would want to get her girls playing time at Liberty. Then where do the GC, CSH, Syosset, girls play club? Serious question as there seems to be so much politics involved with selecting a club. I see some of them scattered throughout. Is Igloo the best option?


bashing is rampant on this site but i think DG gets what she deserves. While club affiliation and HS team are certainly a possible reason for her firing, I doubt that was the sole reason nor the determining factor. The district has put up with it for years and now they turn? seems to be deeper than that. It really doesn't matter which club you play for - if your daughter can play, she will be seen. However, it does appear YJ has the most contacts among college coaches.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty has fair share of all different areas represented. Manhasset is a big chunk but there are various areas involved too. In our experience, we didn't see overt favoritism towards Set' girls...although they often were the most "chummy" with staff/coaches/DG.
Like any director/program, really the vast amount of girls are just paying the bills for program and they become the gravy for director. DG is not different.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Liberty has fair share of all different areas represented. Manhasset is a big chunk but there are various areas involved too. In our experience, we didn't see overt favoritism towards Set' girls...although they often were the most "chummy" with staff/coaches/DG.
Like any director/program, really the vast amount of girls are just paying the bills for program and they become the gravy for director. DG is not different.
Appreciate the feedback.. so would you go with Liberty knowing what you know? I’m in Nassau and hope to stay close to home (GC). Were there any other clubs you considered?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It should be interesting to see how Liberty does going forward without the pipeline of manhasset girls. Parents and kids aren't going to be so quick to choose Liberty to appease DG!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm from GC too and have been around girls lax for quite awhile. Go with Liberty - it's easier for travel to and from practices (YJ is Suffolk based and travel time to their practices is an hour each way).

Like Reply Quote
Page 107 of 199 1 2 105 106 107 108 109 198 199
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4