BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,672
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 304 of 327 1 2 302 303 304 305 306 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have kids about 12 years apart. The first one started club in 6th grade and just played summer with maybe a local camp. The current one started in 1st grade, plays summers, plays fall, does privates and clinics and now is doing college camps and clinics. Its crazy the extra time and money required to have the same result as the first. And the scary thing is the lacrosse isn't noticeably better

I agree that it is hard to notice a difference over the years. But the lacrosse is in fact better. There is definitely an overall increase in the number of talented girls, but the girls are spread out over a much larger number of clubs. So the teams still look about the same, but I definitely see the difference when all that talent gets rounded up. For instance, the talent showing up at the college camps is miles deeper and the all star stuff like UA the talent depth is far superior than yesteryear. The top schools like Md and NC still get top girls and look only marginally better than years past. I also think that the game has also changed over the last 10-15 years, and that the top players now are much better (overall) than they used to be and the competition is greatly better in D1.

Remember a huge factor that makes the game look cleaner and more crisp is the technology. The new sticks allow the girls to catch with a MUCH better pocket that even 10 years ago. The difference here is more noticeable in the fact that the average player can catch better today, where as with a stick from 2005 they would be struggling to make the basic play they are able to make today.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have kids about 12 years apart. The first one started club in 6th grade and just played summer with maybe a local camp. The current one started in 1st grade, plays summers, plays fall, does privates and clinics and now is doing college camps and clinics. Its crazy the extra time and money required to have the same result as the first. And the scary thing is the lacrosse isn't noticeably better

I agree that it is hard to notice a difference over the years. But the lacrosse is in fact better. There is definitely an overall increase in the number of talented girls, but the girls are spread out over a much larger number of clubs. So the teams still look about the same, but I definitely see the difference when all that talent gets rounded up. For instance, the talent showing up at the college camps is miles deeper and the all star stuff like UA the talent depth is far superior than yesteryear. The top schools like Md and NC still get top girls and look only marginally better than years past. I also think that the game has also changed over the last 10-15 years, and that the top players now are much better (overall) than they used to be and the competition is greatly better in D1.

Remember a huge factor that makes the game look cleaner and more crisp is the technology. The new sticks allow the girls to catch with a MUCH better pocket that even 10 years ago. The difference here is more noticeable in the fact that the average player can catch better today, where as with a stick from 2005 they would be struggling to make the basic play they are able to make today.

But if you watch middle to low D1 lacrosse there still isn't much talent there. I would say there is the top 2 teams, then #3-15, then 16-30 and then you fall off a cliff and if you watch the lacrosse played at the schools ranked 100 or higher most High Schools are better. So if everyone is training year round since Kindergarten and the rules and equipment are better. What's changed except everyone paying more? Its still a sport where everyone and anyone that wants to play in college can find a spot which shows there is a real shortage of talent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most H.S better. Don’t be ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But if you watch middle to low D1 lacrosse there still isn't much talent there. I would say there is the top 2 teams, then #3-15, then 16-30 and then you fall off a cliff and if you watch the lacrosse played at the schools ranked 100 or higher most High Schools are better. So if everyone is training year round since Kindergarten and the rules and equipment are better. What's changed except everyone paying more? Its still a sport where everyone and anyone that wants to play in college can find a spot which shows there is a real shortage of talent

Most high schools are better. Geez.......cmon stop. That's your opinion which apparently is based on zero facts. But since BOTC relies on facts here they are. % of HS girls participating in college.....D1-3.8%, D2-2.6%, D3-6.5%. Total-12.9%............hardly not everyone or anyone can play in college. Your welcome.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many girls on your daughters club team that want to play in college don't? On my daughters B teams everyone played in college most without scholarship

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many girls on your daughters club team that want to play in college don't? On my daughters B teams everyone played in college most without scholarship

Many D3 teams are walk on and the coaches actually recruit on campus kids to play just to fill out the roster. You don't really see that in other sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many D3 teams are walk on and the coaches actually recruit on campus kids to play just to fill out the roster. You don't really see that in other sports.

So unless my kid was born with UNC type talent we should save our money and enjoy our summers?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So unless my kid was born with UNC type talent we should save our money and enjoy our summers?

If your daughter isn't on a top team going into high school then yes you are wasting your time and more importantly money. Let her play for her school and go to a D2 or D3 school where she can play if that's really what she wants.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your daughter isn't on a top team going into high school then yes you are wasting your time and more importantly money. Let her play for her school and go to a D2 or D3 school where she can play if that's really what she wants.

The best part of not playing would be avoiding the psychotic YJ parents like the previous poster, who would want to spend their summer on the sidelines with crazy people like that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you aren't on the A team you suck. Oh wait, CR told us we would be fine on her 4th team as long as we kept paying and everyone is treated the same.

And now I'm really confused, many teams in D3 teams have a lot of their roster that are just walk ons?

Kind of sounds like unless you were born with god given talent (like in most sports) all of this big money club stuff is a ripoff

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You people are funny. My kids use and will use sports(in this case (Wlax) to get into the academic college that she wants.
This talk about talent or the lack of in lower D1’s and walk on in D3 are also comical.
This lunatic keeps replying to himself about Walk on’s like he has knowledge of every program. Just to set himself up tp bash CR.
I rather have my kid go to a top academic institution that lax got her into, regardless of ranking. She ain’t making a living as a pro lax player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you aren't on the A team you suck. Oh wait, CR told us we would be fine on her 4th team as long as we kept paying and everyone is treated the same.

And now I'm really confused, many teams in D3 teams have a lot of their roster that are just walk ons?

Kind of sounds like unless you were born with god given talent (like in most sports) all of this big money club stuff is a ripoff

BINGO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by 631lax58
You people are funny. My kids use and will use sports(in this case (Wlax) to get into the academic college that she wants.
This talk about talent or the lack of in lower D1’s and walk on in D3 are also comical.
This lunatic keeps replying to himself about Walk on’s like he has knowledge of every program. Just to set himself up tp bash CR.
I rather have my kid go to a top academic institution that lax got her into, regardless of ranking. She ain’t making a living as a pro lax player.

What if she could do both at Notre Dame, Northwestern or Princeton for instance? Ah. Talent and brains. Imagine??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What if she could do both at Notre Dame, Northwestern or Princeton for instance? Ah. Talent and brains. Imagine??

And I would imagine she would have been born with both the smarts and the talent regardless of what a club director tells you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You go to Princeton. Or where she wants to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mine wants to go to a school near the water or a beach. And that's what we've narrowed it down to. We're looking for the right fit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mine wants to go to a school near the water or a beach. And that's what we've narrowed it down to. We're looking for the right fit.

Enjoy your time at Fairfield

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I can't speak for all D3 programs but the top 25 recruit heavily and they are at the same tournaments as the D1 & D2 coaches. Many of the D3 schools are academically outstanding and the play is competitive. NESCAC schools as a whole are great as well as Washington & Lee, Franklin & Marshall, Gettysburg, etc. There are few, if any, walk-ons at Middlebury, Hamilton, Amherst or Washington & Lee. These schools also have large endowments as well and if you have an academically excellent student the financial help is there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The bottom of all the divisions D1, D2, D3 are polar opposites UNC, Adelphi, Gettysburg, Cortland

This discussion has been had before but the top of D2 and D3 would absolutely smoke the bottom of D1 St Francis, Del State, Preb, LIU, Sienna, Butler, Howard, Gardner Webb.

When you get to the bottom of D2 and D3 there are many programs that do have many kids that are roster fillers that are recruited from campus or just walk on. If your daughter wants to play in college she absolutely will be able to find a roster spot somewhere and I don't know why people argue so hard against this fact? Just look at the bottom of D1 rosters many carrying just 18-20 kids and don't win a game. You don't think if your kid wanted to play and didn't want any athletic money that the coach wouldn't give her a look and a uniform? Syracuse carries 50 the weakest of the weak carry 16

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy your time at Fairfield

In the end your kid needs to be happy. So if the IVY leagues are not a good fit for her personality then why the heck would you push her into it? its their 4 years!! not yours!!! The IVY's have become liberal cesspools. Mine visited and spoke with several of the coaches and said this is not for me! and in the end chose a school where she got the best of both! a great education and a great lacrosse program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on Robinson Sports bringing National Girls Lacrosse League (NGLL) to Long Island. Will teams participate?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on Robinson Sports bringing National Girls Lacrosse League (NGLL) to Long Island. Will teams participate?

If they find a way to circumvent the clubs and get to the dad coaches then I’d say yes. Better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Money Money Money.... Money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be great to have a competitive league for Middle School and below. (5-8th grade)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need the big four clubs to join and no way that happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need the big four clubs to join and no way that happens.

none of them like head to head. Too much risk to all of their profit models. Everyone is trying to hold on to their piece of the cash using smoke mirrors and propoganda

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened today at Lax for Cure?? YJ used to rule this tournament, now barely any group even made it to the championship, with most not even making bracket play. Club is taking a downhill turn, to many favors and entitled players. A shame!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened today at Lax for Cure?? YJ used to rule this tournament, now barely any group even made it to the championship, with most not even making bracket play. Club is taking a downhill turn, to many favors and entitled players. A shame!

YJ teams went 53-35-5 with only 6 teams making the playoffs and only one team making it to the finals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ teams went 53-35-5 with only 6 teams making the playoffs and only one team making it to the finals

the game is growing in other areas outside of LI & MD. those girls are getting better because of better coaching and more access to the game through camps and clinics. So it not the YJ is not getting better it's because other area teams are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the game is growing in other areas outside of LI & MD. those girls are getting better because of better coaching and more access to the game through camps and clinics. So it not the YJ is not getting better it's because other area teams are.

I agree that other teams are getting better. There were a few teams that are greatly improved that were never players before. That being said, I know my daughter's team was missing 4/5 kids because of graduations, since it was HS graduation weekend on LI. I do believe that had a major impact on a lot of LI teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's true that the other teams are improving, but M&D won 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024 and 2025 this weekend. Lax for the Cure didn't allow the 2021 team to enter or they could have won the 2021 division as well. The 2022 team didn't get into playoff because of a goals against tiebreaker with the team that won the championship.

Find another excuse YJ. It's not parity. YJ used to rule this tournament up until 3 years ago when M&D started attending.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree that other teams are getting better. There were a few teams that are greatly improved that were never players before. That being said, I know my daughter's team was missing 4/5 kids because of graduations, since it was HS graduation weekend on LI. I do believe that had a major impact on a lot of LI teams.

Wow! here we go with the excuses! Typical YJ. Teams stunk this weekend across the board

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's true that the other teams are improving, but M&D won 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024 and 2025 this weekend. Lax for the Cure didn't allow the 2021 team to enter or they could have won the 2021 division as well. The 2022 team didn't get into playoff because of a goals against tiebreaker with the team that won the championship.

Find another excuse YJ. It's not parity. YJ used to rule this tournament up until 3 years ago when M&D started attending.

M&D doesnt enter the Nationals; why?? cause the kids are aged out.
If we played by year born like Soccer and Hockey, then YJ and LI would rule the tourney....thats not an excuse, its a FACT!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D just dominated this weekend. What the heck happened to NY teams and STEPs. They even put M&D in the toughest pools too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If we played by year born like Soccer and Hockey, then YJ and LI would rule the tourney....thats not an excuse, its a FACT!!!!

Whatever. Keep believing that. My daughter is on M&D and there is one girl with an August birthday and she's a second string defender. Everyone else on the team is on age after the MD 9/1 cutoff.

This is just a myth that Carol Rose and the rest of the LI club owners sell you parents to explain why something like this weekend happens.

The MD teams don't go to Nationals because of when they are. If you honestly don't think M&D and Skywalkers couldn't send good teams there I don't know what to tell you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
seems like the only two LI teams that gave MD trouble were YJ25 and TG23, both have beat MD in full games, but lost in 20 min game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whatever. Keep believing that. My daughter is on M&D and there is one girl with an August birthday and she's a second string defender. Everyone else on the team is on age after the MD 9/1 cutoff.

This is just a myth that Carol Rose and the rest of the LI club owners sell you parents to explain why something like this weekend happens.

The MD teams don't go to Nationals because of when they are. If you honestly don't think M&D and Skywalkers couldn't send good teams there I don't know what to tell you.

Soooo....you talk about a weekend tournament of MD domination, re-tell the lie that your girls are on age, re-tell the story that MD could field a good team for the real Nationals....... wait for it..... but don't go to the Nationals because they are the end of July. Very weak and a big excuse that you MD people think makes sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good lord that excuse is getting old. Do tell us how it will all even out soon enough and NY teams will then own lacrosse? And please clarify at what year this will happen? We are talking about 2 or 3 months. Not years...MONTHS! You sound pathetic with this same drivel, tournament after tournament.

So put on your best spaghetti tank top, rub baby oil all over your bodies (and hair) and go play the "real" National tournament. If NY is such a powerhouse, it would not need to travel down to MD to hold tournaments. You could stay within the safety of your island and teams would come to you. Then you could shelter your girls from the scary older girls.

On another note...TG is the best NY team. Well coached, better skilled and game awareness. They do not play scared even though they apparently are soooo much younger than Maryland teams. Also, the parents are not meat heads and easy to watch a game with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]What happened today at Lax for Cure?? YJ used to rule this tournament, now barely any group even made it to the championship, with most not even making bracket play. Club is taking a downhill turn, to many favors and entitled players. A shame!

the game is growing in other areas outside of LI & MD. those girls are getting better because of better coaching and more access to the game through camps and clinics. So it not the YJ is not getting better it's because other area teams are.[/quote

Soooo....you talk about a weekend tournament of MD domination, re-tell the lie that your girls are on age, re-tell the story that MD could field a good team for the real Nationals....... wait for it..... but don't go to the Nationals because they are the end of July. Very weak and a big excuse that you MD people think makes sense.

Look the YJ 25 and TG 23 teams are both excellent. M&D 23 suffered their first loss to a Long Island team. We don't need to go to the nationals all the top teams were at Lax for the cure and we won every age group but one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nationals are a meaningless tournament played after the summer schedule is over with no college coaches. You should be happy the Maryland teams don't go. You guys don't win anything all summer and need something to put on your website to keep charging twice as much as Maryland clubs do for an inferior product. It's not just MD teams that don't go to Nationals. No one goes anymore. Enjoy!! We'll continue to use that time to take our girls on vacations that they deserve before field hockey and soccer gets started.

Like Reply Quote
Page 304 of 327 1 2 302 303 304 305 306 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard