BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 48 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 47 48
Re: Boys 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What happen at NLF yesterday. Last two NLFs someone lost in the semis before they could get to Chan

They soften them up for you so Chan doesn't have to really shorten the bench. Say thanks, your son got to play.

You all need to wake up and look in the mirror. 91 and Chan are doing the exact same antics and you are all falling for it.
- both are overloaded
- both take kids from other teams mid season
- Coaches on both care about winning more than about developing their kids
- Both make promises to parents at the beginning of the season to get people to sign on, and then do whatever they want
- Both play shallow and not deep, so you fail to actually develop your team for the long run

What this weekend proved is neither of you are really superior. You both played flat in the first half of your games, and relied on keeping benches super tight to try to catch up. While the other teams rotated their entire team.

What does this mean? It means in the long run your both going to be passed by since your first line players are not that phenomenal since both teams were struggling.
The teams that play with depth and develop all their players will be the winners as the kids get older, and when it really counts.
Because it doesnt count now. Their in 5th grade. 5 years from being looked at by colleges. 7 years from college. Wake up. Your wasting their childhood and only lining the pockets of the owners of the organizations.

And this tournament showed there is plenty of competition outside of Long Island. Nepotism is your worst enemy.

You have no clue about what you’re talking about. It sounds like you’re trying to convince yourself you made the right choice in the club you brought your son to. So, he plays for a B club. It’s okay as long as he’s happy. Express and 91 aren’t getting passed by any time soon. They’ve got the money, the marketing and the contacts to stay at the top regardless of your opinion of them.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happen at NLF yesterday. Last two NLFs someone lost in the semis before they could get to Chan

They soften them up for you so Chan doesn't have to really shorten the bench. Say thanks, your son got to play.

You all need to wake up and look in the mirror. 91 and Chan are doing the exact same antics and you are all falling for it.
- both are overloaded
- Both make promises to parents at the beginning of the season to get people to sign on, and then do whatever they want
- Both play shallow and not deep, so you fail to actually develop your team for the long run

What this weekend proved is neither of you are really superior. You both played flat in the first half of your games, and relied on keeping benches super tight to try to catch up. While the other teams rotated their entire team.

What does this mean? It means in the long run your both going to be passed by since your first line players are not that phenomenal since both teams were struggling.
The teams that play with depth and develop all their players will be the winners as the kids get older, and when it really counts.
Because it doesnt count now. Their in 5th grade. 5 years from being looked at by colleges. 7 years from college. Wake up. Your wasting their childhood and only lining the pockets of the owners of the organizations.

And this tournament showed there is plenty of competition outside of Long Island. Nepotism is your worst enemy.

You have no clue about what you’re talking about. It sounds like you’re trying to convince yourself you made the right choice in the club you brought your son to. So, he plays for a B club. It’s okay as long as he’s happy. Express and 91 aren’t getting passed by any time soon. They’ve got the money, the marketing and the contacts to stay at the top regardless of your opinion of them.

Sigh. So sad. The inevitable response as the paranoia sets in because the truth hit a nerve.
Every other team is the B team, and they are all so unhappy and questioning their decisions.
Yet doesnt that mean that all you play against are B teams and in B tournaments.
That might be too much for your limited brain cells to handle.

Moving on. So Money buys you the top. Thank you for telling me. All this time Ive been teaching my kid that its hard work. And what we all should be teaching our kids is money will get you anywhere you want to be.

With that mentality your kid is sure to grow up to be a fine human being.
Cue the laughing.

Express and 91 love you. They just keep saying " show me the money" and you keep dishing it out.

Meanwhile the only ones deep inside questioning their decisions is yourself. Because your scared you wont be on top. Thats why you both keep taking the [ChillLaxin] out of each other, as you each try to claw past each other to the top. What a wonderful picture for the family photo album.

And of course your scared, because there is no loyalty here. There are so many parents who are willing to pay the bill who have kids with more ability. Its only a matter of time before your kid is replaced in the lineup.

But dont worry, you can stay around. Just keep paying the bill. The more the merrier.

What a wonderful experience. I really want that for my kid. Sigh.
Cue the laughing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

- both are overloaded

Sigh. So sad. The inevitable response as the paranoia sets in because the truth hit a nerve.
Every other team is the B team, and they are all so unhappy and questioning their decisions.
Yet doesnt that mean that all you play against are B teams and in B tournaments.

Moving on. So Money buys you the top. Thank you for telling me. All this time Ive been teaching my kid that its hard work. And what we all should be teaching our kids is money will get you anywhere you want to be.

Cue the laughing.

Express and 91 love you. They just keep saying " show me the money" and you keep dishing it out.

Meanwhile the only ones deep inside questioning their decisions is yourself. Because your scared you wont be on top. Thats why you both keep taking the [ChillLaxin] out of each other, as you each try to claw past each other to the top. What a wonderful picture for the family photo album.

And of course your scared, because there is no loyalty here. There are so many parents who are willing to pay the bill who have kids with more ability. Its only a matter of time before your kid is replaced in the lineup.

But dont worry, you can stay around. Just keep paying the bill. The more the merrier.

Cue the laughing.

Sorry you kid isn't on the top level, but if he is happy, good for him and you I suppose. Now it is your turn to move on. But if you are still all hung up about watching the best compete, they will all be playing in a couple of weeks at Mitchell field. You can bring your popcorn and notebook.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you so much for your gracious invitation. But Im pretty busy going to my kids A tournaments. Dont have time to attend your B level games and take notes on how your team can improve. Sorry I cant be around to heip you more than I already have.
Cue the laughing.

I moved on hours and hours ago. I would suggest you take your own advice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

- both are overloaded

Cue the laughing.

Cue the laughing.

Winners worry about winning. Losers worry about winners. With all your vitriol, clearly, you are the latter.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

- both are overloaded

And this tournament showed there is plenty of competition outside of Long Island. Nepotism is your worst enemy. [/quote]

You have no clue about what you’re talking about. It sounds like you’re trying to convince yourself you made the right choice in the club you brought your son to. So, he plays for a B club. It’s okay as long as he’s happy. Express and 91 aren’t getting passed by any time soon. They’ve got the money, the marketing and the contacts to stay at the top regardless of your opinion of them. [/quote]

Cue the laughing.

Cue the laughing.[/quote]

Winners worry about winning. Losers worry about winners. With all your vitriol, clearly, you are the latter. [/quote]

Winners worry about winning. Losers worry about winners. With all your vitriol, clearly, you are the latter. [/quote]

Ohhhh! Did I hurt your feelings! Im sorry. But im really just holding the mirror. Im not responsible for what you see.

So your a Michael Phelps fan. Unfortanatelly, you dont really grasp the meaning behind that quote. And you actually just called yourself a loser.

Hmmm. Too confusing for you. Well i will break it down for you.
Both of your teams concentrate on who is the current winner. Thats why you continually argue and insult each other back and forth because you cant stand when the other team is winning. And you do the same when any other team beats you.
You are the Losers who focus on winners.

Winners focus on winning. They dont focus on winners. They focus on the goals they set to achieve the final result over the long term. They see the positives in other teams who achieve success and seek to incorporate it into their own team. They acknowledge their weaknesses. Losing becomes an opportunity to recognise the weaknesses and improve on them. They focus on their development in order to be future winners.

Yawwwn! So now you should stop overfocusing on me and take your own advice and move on. As I said, I did that hours and hours ago.
Cheers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is such nonsense. Who cares about 5th grade results other than the clubs that know winning is good for the brand. It's a for profit business and people's personal choices are nobody's business. My opinion is playing time over being on top team, but other people like top team and limited time. So what. But its been my experience, make your choice of what makes your son happy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ohhhh! Did I hurt your feelings! Im sorry. But im really just holding the mirror. Im not responsible for what you see.

So your a Michael Phelps fan. Unfortanatelly, you dont really grasp the meaning behind that quote. And you actually just called yourself a loser.

Both of your teams concentrate on who is the current winner. Thats why you continually argue and insult each other back and forth because you cant stand when the other team is winning. And you do the same when any other team beats you.

Winners focus on winning. They dont focus on winners. They focus on the goals they set to achieve the final result over the long term. They see the positives in other teams who achieve success and seek to incorporate it into their own team. They acknowledge their weaknesses. Losing becomes an opportunity to recognise the weaknesses and improve on them. They focus on their development in order to be future winners.

Yawwwn! So now you should stop overfocusing on me and take your own advice and move on. As I said, I did that hours and hours ago.
Cheers. [/quote]

For someone who moved on hours and hours ago, you still seem to be posting about it quite frequently!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cheers.

For someone who moved on hours and hours ago, you still seem to be posting about it quite frequently!![/quote]

Only replying to your obsessing. Sigh. So sad.
Spock out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Chan money train never stops .... wait until you got to tourneys and you see kids on sideline that you have never seen before

The train heading to Maryland this weekend and looking to pickup from they left off last weekend. Geese heading down there as well.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Chan money train never stops .... wait until you got to tourneys and you see kids on sideline that you have never seen before

The train heading to Maryland this weekend and looking to pickup from they left off last weekend. Geese heading down there as well.
where the real competition is!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The Chan money train never stops .... wait until you got to tourneys and you see kids on sideline that you have never seen before

The train heading to Maryland this weekend and looking to pickup from they left off last weekend. Geese heading down there as well. [/quote
]where the real competition is!

No 9d1 parent will have the guts to complain either about the B tournament theyre in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks will knock the train off its tracks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The Chan money train never stops .... wait until you got to tourneys and you see kids on sideline that you have never seen before

The train heading to Maryland this weekend and looking to pickup from they left off last weekend. Geese heading down there as well. [/quote

No 9d1 parent will have the guts to complain either about the B tournament theyre in

Very Happy to be local for Fathers day. Enjoy the drive, I'll be home watching the Open and having a beverage.

Tristar is in two weeks, it's OK to let the MD guys come up to play and also line Chan's pockets after all you have spent traveling down that way this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enjoy the Jersey Turnpike heading back home on Sunday - maybe you can all sew your AAA (or whatever level you call yourselves these days ) t-shirts together and balloon back over to LI. Sounds like a great Father's Day to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enjoy the Jersey Turnpike heading back home on Sunday - maybe you can all sew your AAA (or whatever level you call yourselves these days ) t-shirts together and balloon back over to LI. Sounds like a great Father's Day to me.

If it was me and my kid was playing and enjoying himself... that's good enough for me. Sorry, just me, but I love watching my kids play sports. It goes quickly and doesn't matter the place, the time or the opponent. Love watch them play. To each his on, and oversized rosters stink, so please value the enjoyment of the youth sports. We lose that sometimes in the craziness of youth sports and how winning has trumped everything.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
absolute [ChillLaxin]...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least we’ll win!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9d1 proved it again today, beyond doubt they’re the Best of the B’s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, you called it. 6-5 in the finals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Express has to go to their second line, they lose. Chan will do anything to slow down the game to keep that from happening but some things, like weather, are out of even his control.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Express has to go to their second line, they lose. Chan will do anything to slow down the game to keep that from happening but some things, like weather, are out of even his control.

Lol. Well it's set up this week to play the Saturday games vs lighter competition to get playing time for all. Then it will go into iron man lax on Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I spent like 200 bucks in snow cones this weekend. mr Softee was the real winner.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the o reilly express team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

O'Reilly's team is O'K.

Will compete and play the right way, but a B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chan has no Laxachussets, no Geese and no Blast during pool play at their Tournament this weekend. they have the Ducks.

After the Hawks beat down, he set his team right up for the finals! Playing these birds is Ducking. It is his tournament, so he can do what he wants, but if you are the best then play the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Average B team. A handful of kids who know how to play and then a bunch who can't. Not like Chan, o reilly plays equal time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chan has no Laxachussets, no Geese and no Blast during pool play at their Tournament this weekend. they have the Ducks.

After the Hawks beat down, he set his team right up for the finals! Playing these birds is Ducking. It is his tournament, so he can do what he wants, but if you are the best then play the best.

Hey! Ducks are a real A team. We can beat Chan. You'll see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dont be an stunad.
There are 3 pools. Chan is in one. 91 in another. And Geese in another.
Why?
Because they are considered the top 3 LI teams to beat. So you deserve to be in championship if you rank better than the one you have in your pool.
Otherwise the championship will come down to those 3 and the next top seeded team from the pools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Average B team. A handful of kids who know how to play and then a bunch who can't. Not like Chan, o reilly plays equal time.

Some upgrades from the AA team that don't play could make them the best 2nd team. But those parents are skilled at the art rationalization and could never have their child labeled a B team player. This is Long Island and being a B team player is like being a vegatarian in Kanas City..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK thanks. Saw the Legacy B team in action this weekend. Had some nice players...got cooked in the semi final but was a long day. Wanted to see how they compared to O reillys team. Have heard good things about him as a coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK thanks. Saw the Legacy B team in action this weekend. Had some nice players...got cooked in the semi final but was a long day. Wanted to see how they compared to O reillys team. Have heard good things about him as a coach.

Not much can do. The roster is too bih

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy B team is 10 goals better based on the times they played. And GC Rams beat Legacy, so GC Rams should win this tourney easily.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A few of the parents from Legacy B were absolute trash. Beat a 4th/5th grade town team and thought they were the greatest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the Legacy B team called the Blue Devils?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, they are the blue devils

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents got real quiet during the GC Rams game.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Besides the Rebels what teams will see the influx of kids ? What good teams don't already have their teams picked?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LongIislandLaxRVC
Besides the Rebels what teams will see the influx of kids ? What good teams don't already have their teams picked?

C'mon. It's not about picked. It's about out playing. All teams are picked going in and when there is a better player they make room. Some cut, some pad the roster. But you can do what is now common, if you really think your son is good, just reach out to the one of the top teams and get a practice invite now. Tryouts seem to be more and more for the 2nd teams. Call me a cynic, but it's my experience.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I agree with you, that's why I said teams "picked"

Page 39 of 48 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard