BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,292
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 34 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 33 34
Re: Girls 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All American Lacrosse Tournament next week prediction for the Final

Igloo vs YJ

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The All American has a few real good teams there...
YJ Thorn, Jesters, NXT and Igloo,,,,should be a great battle. All While YJB wright wins the B bracket by beating C level teams 15-1. Thats gonna be a real waste of trip for Wright

Igloo vs YJ Thorn early Saturday to open the tourney, shud be a battle.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
This question has probably been answered a bunch of times in here but there's 70 pages to read... I'm curious what organizations offer decent 2023 programs for mediocre level girls. Not the top level and not the lower level. My daughter would like to play on a club team but is less than a top level player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=GrayRider]This question has probably been answered a bunch of times in here but there's 70 pages to read... I'm curious what organizations offer decent 2023 programs for mediocre level girls. Not the top level and not the lower level. My daughter would like to play on a club team but is less than a top level player.

Liberty, Elevate, Legacy and Empire are all mediocre teams in the 2023 age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by GrayRider
This question has probably been answered a bunch of times in here but there's 70 pages to read... I'm curious what organizations offer decent 2023 programs for mediocre level girls. Not the top level and not the lower level. My daughter would like to play on a club team but is less than a top level player.

I've been trying to figure out the same thing. It's difficult to determine because the most recognizable LI teams rarely seem to play each other, and are always leaving the Island to play in Maryland, etc. Even when at the same tourney, it appears they are always in different brackets so don't cross paths...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=GrayRider]This question has probably been answered a bunch of times in here but there's 70 pages to read... I'm curious what organizations offer decent 2023 programs for mediocre level girls. Not the top level and not the lower level. My daughter would like to play on a club team but is less than a top level player.

Liberty, Elevate, Legacy and Empire are all mediocre teams in the 2023 age group.

Those teams are some of the better ones, above mediocre, you're honestly prob better off checking what teams practice around you just to get your daughter involved, there are plenty of teams on the island and if you dont think your daughter is top of the food chain like most of these posters here, you can find a a decent team based geographically.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should consider a few things when joining. Start with where you live. For example, if you're in Nassau, Liberty is prob your best choice. If you live in Suffolk, Top Guns or YJ. There are others, of course, too. Go to a few tryouts and then you can decide based on what teams she makes, the cost for the program and the tournaments they attended (and maybe how well they did or didn't do), the prior summer.

Good luck! My daughter plays in college and is finished with her summer lacrosse playing days. I miss them!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure where you live, but if you are close to Garden City, you may want to consider Medusa lacrosse . We live in town and our younger child ( below 3rd grade ) participated in their clinics and camps this past Spring. We are not a lacrosse family but they introduced the game and made the fundamentals and scrimmages enjoyable for the kids. the ladies who run the program are also great role models, in every aspect, for the girls. Otherwise, I think they have a couple travel teams that are around 2023. here is the link https://www.medusalacrosse.com/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Thorn was schooled by Igloo and NXT today, looks like all that new talent CR found is not producing. Not the great coach/director she once was. Sad that greed got in the way of a good thing

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thorn looked a mess, that team can't get it together....CR only A team that can't produce..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All American Lacrosse Tournament next week prediction for the Final

Igloo vs YJ

well didn't YJ lose early...??? aren't they out already

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Thorn was schooled by Igloo and NXT today, looks like all that new talent CR found is not producing. Not the great coach/director she once was. Sad that greed got in the way of a good thing

Baahahaaa

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thorn looked a mess, that team can't get it together....CR only A team that can't produce..

Take a look at the 2020 team they can’t produce either

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

was it the same strategy? same girls played all others rode bench?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup! Same old, same old! Will be a loooong season!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]thorn looked a mess, that team can't get it together....CR only A team that can't produce..

Nobody told you to accept a position on this team. If you aren't happy leave th he starters play because it gives the team the best chance to win. You are obviously jealous so stop sulking and have your daughter train harder.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]thorn looked a mess, that team can't get it together....CR only A team that can't produce..

Nobody told you to accept a position on this team. If you aren't happy leave th he starters play because it gives the team the best chance to win. You are obviously jealous so stop sulking and have your daughter train harder.

Ha! But those girls can’t get the job done can they? There is the problem. If this team consistently loses. The players are the problem. And if this has been a losing team for several years and those girls cannot get job done then a good coach would want to play other players. Why we left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Different Voice here: If “You Left” then why are you trolling this team? Only YOU cN answer that to yourself. “Why am I trolking the team that we left because of whatever?” And then ask, “What am I really about!”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Different Voice here: If “You Left” then why are you trolling this team? Only YOU cN answer that to yourself. “Why am I trolking the team that we left because of whatever?” And then ask, “What am I really about!”

is this not the 2023 board? Its not all about YJ. But you are such a YJ stunad you wouldn't see that would ya

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baahahaaa

she didn't find talent it was a business merger...they weren't really looking at talent. those girls don't play anyway

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yj thjorn 4-0 down in MD; guess whose guess whose back guess whose back!!
Took down Skywalkers and Monster Black and CRUSHED TLC Red!!
That Empire team was pounding their chest when they beat tlc red a couple weeks ago by 1g...... WE JUST CRUSHED THEM 10-1.... put empire back in the bathroom with $91 and liberty and Bandits...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That Empire team was pounding their chest when they beat tlc red a couple weeks ago by 1g...... WE JUST CRUSHED THEM 10-1.... put empire back in the bathroom with $91 and liberty and Bandits...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did play great in the B bracket. Amazing that they are the only YJ team that avoided M&D and Hero's. But you go pound your chest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]yj thjorn 4-0 down in MD; guess whose guess whose back guess whose back!!

And don't forget Wright's team continued the YJ dominance posting 2 shut outs. Going to Lax for the Cure with a lot of momentum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congratulations.. you did better than a 2nd year team with 50 percent new players playing their very first game in their first tournament. SMH.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]yj thjorn 4-0 down in MD; guess whose guess whose back guess whose back!!

And don't forget Wright's team continued the YJ dominance posting 2 shut outs. Going to Lax for the Cure with a lot of momentum.

Wright still the real A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is hysterical !! typical YJ parent ..Putting down other teams to make yourself feel good...get help !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]They did play great in the B bracket. Amazing that they are the only YJ team that avoided M&D and Hero's. But you go pound your chest.

Stop your fussing playing Hero's green Saturday and then we'll pound our chest some more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So far as we are about 3 weeks into the club season I was hoping we can have an educated debate on the top 10 teams on the island.
Top 3 are clearly Thorn, TG Black and Igloo....no real debate there. Not sure order although igloo did beat thorn in a close game so guess Igloo/TG Black are 1A and 1B and Thorn is a close 3rd
4/5 Legacy or Jesters.... Legacy played better comp so give them the 4 spot
6/7 Elevate and Wright/YJ B.... this wud be a close game
8 Liberty Black...not sure who they played this yr
9/10 Empire/Bandits and whoever else round out the top 10
Am I missing anyone
Does TG Black play Igloo or Thorn this year??? Instead of traveling they should have a league w/ TG, Igloo, Thorn, Legacy, Jesters, Elevate and YJ B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So far as we are about 3 weeks into the club season I was hoping we can have an educated debate on the top 10 teams on the island.
Top 3 are clearly Thorn, TG Black and Igloo....no real debate there. Not sure order although igloo did beat thorn in a close game so guess Igloo/TG Black are 1A and 1B and Thorn is a close 3rd
Am I missing anyone
Does TG Black play Igloo or Thorn this year??? Instead of traveling they should have a league w/ TG, Igloo, Thorn, Legacy, Jesters, Elevate and YJ B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So far as we are about 3 weeks into the club season I was hoping we can have an educated debate on the top 10 teams on the island.
Am I missing anyone

IMO the top3 are accurate. Those 3 teams have a chance to play each other at the Nationals if all the clubs attend or the Hofstra Tournament at the end of July. Jesters have beaten Legacy so they get the nod. Elevate is ok. Wright needs to challenge the team putting them in more competitive brackets to see where they stand. The rest who really knows they don't enter competitive tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Am I missing anyone

Except Empire won Maryland tournament(4-0) that Elevate went 1-2 in. Early to make statement but just sayin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So far as we are about 3 weeks into the club season I was hoping we can have an educated debate on the top 10 teams on the island.
Am I missing anyone

IMO the top3 are accurate. Those 3 teams have a chance to play each other at the Nationals if all the clubs attend or the Hofstra Tournament at the end of July. Jesters have beaten Legacy so they get the nod. Elevate is ok. Wright needs to challenge the team putting them in more competitive brackets to see where they stand. The rest who really knows they don't enter competitive tournaments.

If LI was to do what Maryland does w/ a club spring league it would go like this
Division A Division B
Igloo YJ Wright
TG Black TG Purple
YJ Thorn Bandits
Legacy Blue Empire Suffolk
Jesters Empire Nassau
Liberty Black fl$
Elevate 91 Extreme

Why not do this???; apologize if I am missing a program or two; maybe YJ wright can play w/ the A but safe to say nobody else in the B could.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Am I missing anyone

Except Empire won Maryland tournament(4-0) that Elevate went 1-2 in. Early to make statement but just sayin.

what teams did empire beat in MD?? didnt elevate crush empire at hofstra last summer?? obviously teams change each yr but i thought elevate was a low A team and Empire was a mid B team....could be wrong, why i asked. did they switch spots? either way they shud be playing each other then in a league

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Am I missing anyone

If LI was to do what Maryland does w/ a club spring league it would go like this
Division A Division B
Igloo YJ Wright
TG Black TG Purple
YJ Thorn Bandits
Legacy Blue Empire Suffolk
Jesters Empire Nassau
Liberty Black fl$
Elevate 91 Extreme

Why not do this???; apologize if I am missing a program or two; maybe YJ wright can play w/ the A but safe to say nobody else in the B could.

GREAT idea; Maryland does it every yr and then they dont travel outside MD in the summer much

Almost need 3 divisions though
Top division wud be Igloo, TG, YJ Blue, Jesters, and Legacy

2nd tier could be Liberty Black, elevate, empire, YJ Gold, and TG Purple

3rd div 91, fl$, bandits, and so on

have crossover games but try to keep competitive games; nobody likes the 15-1 games whether you winning or losing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Am I missing anyone

what teams did empire beat in MD?? didnt elevate crush empire at hofstra last summer?? obviously teams change each yr but i thought elevate was a low A team and Empire was a mid B team....could be wrong, why i asked. did they switch spots? either way they shud be playing each other then in a league

Empire Nassau best TLC red and Hero’s white ( both beat Elevate.) They are not even close to the same team that Elevate beat last year. Half the teams you lumped with them in B division they crushed at Laxfest this weekend. Not saying ready to play top 3 teams but I don’t think it’s as cut and dry as you state. IMO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotcha... okay those are 2 good wins... TLc red isnt a bad team and hero's white is the best B team in md; they are like yj gold; only B on paper but an A team on the field.
Hopefully empire enters Hofstra in the A bracket this year; sounds like they have a new improved team..... Never know,maybe they can upset Igloo or TG Black.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotcha... okay those are 2 good wins... TLc red isnt a bad team and hero's white is the best B team in md; they are like yj gold; only B on paper but an A team on the field.
Hopefully empire enters Hofstra in the A bracket this year; sounds like they have a new improved team..... Never know,maybe they can upset Igloo or TG Black.

Wow there are in fact some reasonable human beings on this forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im a Legacy parent and we never beat the Jesters, I have to say it like it is......

Page 27 of 34 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard