BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 75 of 85 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All players are in seventh grade. Four Players miss the date cutoff for Denver. Clear enough stunad's

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All players are in seventh grade. Four Players miss the date cutoff for Denver. Clear enough stunad's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The S2s kids are either reclassed or started school late or they would be eligible for WSYL FACT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Believe it or not the world of lacrosse doesn't revolve around Long Island. Each state has it's own rules & regs. at what age a child can & should begin school.. If these schools start at a later age so be it. If L I teams do not want to participate in out of state tourneys then please stay home.. The complaints about size & age have worn thin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How Stupid are You?

There are four players that do not qualify for Denver, but are perfectly fine for Grade Appropriate Events, and are within the dates for New York State Schools, (started kindergarten at age 5).

I don't know how to make it any clearer. No Holdbacks (started school late), or Re-Classified (repeated a grade).

Before you spend your time bitching and moaning on this thread, at least do your research to understand what the terms you are using mean!

You need to work on your math skills. I will help you. If a player does not qualify for the WSYL, than he was born on or before August 31, 2004. So, lets use August 31, 2004 as the birthday. A child born on August 31, 2004 turned 6 years old on August 31, 2010. In NY, current 7th graders started kindergarten in Sept of 2010. Thus, anyone from NY that is not age eligible for the WSYL was 6 when they started kindergarten, and not 5 as you say. These kids undoubtably started school late.

Now how stupid are you???

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many holdbacks are on S2S that couldnt play at WSYL qualifier

a lot. that's why they have two teams. One team hold back, and the other team normal age.

The 2 teams have no connection other than the name on the front of their jersey. There's no mix and match of the roster. And look at that [ChillLaxin] eating grin you are wearing. One stupid comment you know isn't true in the first place and 2 pages of this stupid conversation. And by your comment, wouldn't the holdback team be the second team that is not goimg to wsyl? So they recruited a team full of holdbacks to be the b team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Believe it or not the world of lacrosse doesn't revolve around Long Island. Each state has it's own rules & regs. at what age a child can & should begin school.. If these schools start at a later age so be it. If L I teams do not want to participate in out of state tourneys then please stay home.. The complaints about size & age have worn thin.

....and this is one of the major reasons why nearly every other sport groups kids based on birthdate and not grade at the youth level. Having watched my kids play many hockey games against teams from MD, PA, and MA, it is pleasure seeing our opponents be the same size (on the average across the roster) and appear to be the same age (both from an on ice prospective, and in the lobby at the rink). No one in hockey cares what grade a kid is, or what age brackets a state uses to group their children in school.

But when my kids play lacrosse against teams from MD, PA, and MA, all of a sudden the kids are bigger and look older. Why is that? Do they suddenly get younger when they play hockey, only to get older again when they pick up a lacrosse stick?

And yes, NY teams need not play against teams from other states. But why not have a uniform standard that everyone can adhere to? If you are in MD, PA, or MA, what is the downside to having the kids grouped by age and not grade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly if they are not of age then they should be in 8th grade not 7th grade.

Stop crying about the age of 7th and 8th graders. Most kids in 7th grade turn 13 during there 7th grade year. Are you going to complain in two year that the kids in high school are to big and your son cannot play with them because they have better skill and are more athletic? This is pathetic, take your kids off the lacrosse field if you are so worried about the sizes and ages of the kids.

Do you really believe that a kid born in July or August has a tremendous advantage over a kid born in Sept. or Oct. Let your kid play PAL & call it a day.

No but at this age a kid born in July has a huge advantage over kid born the following June. Your statement is a terrible example of what is really happening. It not a 1-2 month difference in these situations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly if they are not of age then they should be in 8th grade not 7th grade.

Stop crying about the age of 7th and 8th graders. Most kids in 7th grade turn 13 during there 7th grade year. Are you going to complain in two year that the kids in high school are to big and your son cannot play with them because they have better skill and are more athletic? This is pathetic, take your kids off the lacrosse field if you are so worried about the sizes and ages of the kids.

Do you really believe that a kid born in July or August has a tremendous advantage over a kid born in Sept. or Oct. Let your kid play PAL & call it a day.

No but at this age a kid born in July has a huge advantage over kid born the following June. Your statement is a terrible example of what is really happening. It not a 1-2 month difference in these situations.

Not if the kid is Italian, they reach puberty in 5th grade.. why LI teams are so good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We didn't go but heard Bech Lax was terrible. Evenly matched teams but the games were never played. Hope some people get their money back. 9'1 has a coach that was pulled out of the crowd to help. How can a club charge thousands of dollars to have a volunteer coach? Havent heard complaining about the guy but why cant Mark M get qualified people on one of his "elite" teams?

The tournament was good except for the weather. Would have liked to play all the games..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how does everyone like their draw for laxfest? I know that my son's coach is happy.. We actually have a shot at the semis this year..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how does everyone like their draw for laxfest? I know that my son's coach is happy.. We actually have a shot at the semis this year..

Seems like they made an a, a, b+, and b. Right? I would think you would flip farmingdale and ducks or garden city. garden city always seems to be in the b, and then runs away with it. Do they ever go the tougher route?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love it. I think I'm going to draw a king and queen. Then we're going on to the championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next tier. Warriors. True Blue. Outlaws. Empire. Express B. Three Village. Igloo B.

Missing anyone competitive?

True Blue is 2-0 against the warriors.

Saw 3 village play this weekend they looked really good.

True Blue top team in this tier, hands down.

Three Village vs. True Blue who wins?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next tier. Warriors. True Blue. Outlaws. Empire. Express B. Three Village. Igloo B.

They played a few weeks ago. 3V won.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Refs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Refs

Of course it is always the ref, cannot possibly be that the better team won, RIGHT,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

....and this is one of the major reasons why nearly every other sport groups kids based on birthdate and not grade at the youth level. Having watched my kids play many hockey games against teams from MD, PA, and MA, it is pleasure seeing our opponents be the same size (on the average across the roster) and appear to be the same age (both from an on ice prospective, and in the lobby at the rink). No one in hockey cares what grade a kid is, or what age brackets a state uses to group their children in school.

But when my kids play lacrosse against teams from MD, PA, and MA, all of a sudden the kids are bigger and look older. Why is that? Do they suddenly get younger when they play hockey, only to get older again when they pick up a lacrosse stick?

And yes, NY teams need not play against teams from other states. But why not have a uniform standard that everyone can adhere to? If you are in MD, PA, or MA, what is the downside to having the kids grouped by age and not grade?

The downside to playing on age instead of grade is that we lose more games to teams with holdbacks, my kid has to play against better kids which makes him look bad, and my dream will die or him playing DI since he now can no longer kick [ChillLaxin] on younger kids. There. I said it. Now, what is the upside to me of fighting for this against the power of the clubs and tournaments and leagues that don't care and encourage holdbacks? They want grade based to win, show off holdback stars, make more money, brag about college recruits and then make more money. You want me to change all that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The downside to playing on age instead of grade is that we lose more games to teams with holdbacks, my kid has to play against better kids which makes him look bad, and my dream will die or him playing DI since he now can no longer kick [ChillLaxin] on younger kids. There. I said it. Now, what is the upside to me of fighting for this against the power of the clubs and tournaments and leagues that don't care and encourage holdbacks? They want grade based to win, show off holdback stars, make more money, brag about college recruits and then make more money. You want me to change all that?

My son is trying out for Express a year below this summer. That's how I'm getting him on their AA team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is trying out for Express a year below this summer. That's how I'm getting him on their AA team.

Your son still couldn't make that team. They are not in need of ' B ' level players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Next tier. Warriors. True Blue. Outlaws. Empire. Express B. Three Village. Igloo B.

Three Village vs. True Blue who wins?[/
The tournament director collecting the doughxuh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your lefty from Farmingdale is January 04 birthday. PAL coaches have rosters with birthdays. It’s not hard to confirm. So how do you explain that S2S dad?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your son still couldn't make that team. They are not in need of ' B ' level players.

Is their AA 2024 team a B level team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your lefty from Farmingdale is January 04 birthday. PAL coaches have rosters with birthdays. It’s not hard to confirm. So how do you explain that S2S dad?

Easy to explain you have no life, go try to find one and leave the kids alone....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not to mention, the Express A team for 2024 isn't that good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have your son tryout for the Outlaws, or Legacy. He'll make their so-called A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this true? That would make this kid almost 2 years older than some of the other kids playing in this aged group. That’s ridiculous

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got it. S2S dad gets caught in a lie. Attacks poster. Classy.
Fact is we now know at least one kid on the team is a major holdback. Probably a lot more. Explains a lot. Doesn’t it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was it a close game what was the score?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was it a close game what was the score?[/quote]

Three Village won 6-5. Close game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this true? That would make this kid almost 2 years older than some of the other kids playing in this aged group. That’s ridiculous

So is lefty really a 2023?? Hmmm wonder what you might find on Manhassets PAL roster ?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The holdback situation is just embarrassing. I’m embarassed for the poor kid whose being raised around kids years younger while he purports to be the same age. False sense of reality and the Protective bubble you’ve placed around Johnny Bearded Boy will come back to bite him when he finds out that life isn’t as easy when mommy and daddy aren’t setting up the wins and trophies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So is lefty really a 2023?? Hmmm wonder what you might find on Manhassets PAL roster ?!

Teams are going to put in a protest this dad should avoid the conflict and embarrassment and not show up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Teams are going to put in a protest this dad should avoid the conflict and embarrassment and not show up

Check the high school rosters next year. They list athletes grade. School districts can’t lie!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m not holdback apologist, believe me; however, do you think it’s possible that the parents held the kid back before kindergarten because he was not physically or developmentally ready to start school? Or do you think they were really thinking that it would help him in lacrosse when he’s in 7th grade? Also, no one is going to protest anything because it’s a grade based tournament and the kid is in 7th grade. I swear, you True Blue parents will complain that water is too wet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting weekend at Lax fest. Lots of teams playing dirty. That team from Jersey was ridiculous with its dirty hits. S2S (both teams) played like crap. Higgins needs to do something to help that 2nd team. I got to see them play 2x and they have zero offense. Their defense was better the first day. The 2nd day their goalie was a sitting duck. The GC team should have played in the A bracket. They have kids from both S2S and Igloo A teams on it. They are a good team but should try and challenge themselves a bit. The ither teams in the A bracket had easy schedules and still their was no rockstar among them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m not holdback apologist, believe me; however, do you think it’s possible that the parents held the kid back before kindergarten because he was not physically or developmentally ready to start school? Or do you think they were really thinking that it would help him in lacrosse when he’s in 7th grade? Also, no one is going to protest anything because it’s a grade based tournament and the kid is in 7th grade. I swear, you True Blue parents will complain that water is too wet.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He wasn't ready for school yea that's the reason thanks for the clarification.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice weekend at the LI Laxfest congrats to the Bandits, they are still the team to beat on Long Island (Not a Bandit Parent). All the teams in that bracket played tough there weren't many easy games. Good luck to all the rest of the summer and see some of you at Tri Fest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]There are ZERO holdbacks on the S2S Team. There are four players, that cannot, and will not be playing in Denver, because they are over the age limit by a range of 2 days to 2 months. None of the boys have been held back or re-classed etc. I know this because my son is on the team.

This didn’t age well!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting weekend at Lax fest. Lots of teams playing dirty. That team from Jersey was ridiculous with its dirty hits. S2S (both teams) played like crap. Higgins needs to do something to help that 2nd team. I got to see them play 2x and they have zero offense. Their defense was better the first day. The 2nd day their goalie was a sitting duck. The GC team should have played in the A bracket. They have kids from both S2S and Igloo A teams on it. They are a good team but should try and challenge themselves a bit. The ither teams in the A bracket had easy schedules and still their was no rockstar among them.

That NJ team is an affiliate of 91

Page 75 of 85 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard