Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 12:51 AM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 12:36 AM
Boys 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 12:04 AM
Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 07/06/22 11:53 PM
Girls 2024-10th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by SAT1234 - 07/06/22 11:48 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,160
Posts342,060
Members2,466
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 276 of 529 1 2 274 275 276 277 278 528 529
(NA) (NA) (NA) Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #264908 06/14/18 12:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seems like a lot of nonsense at the UA tryouts . You had players who had their high school coach telling them to change their position they signed up to tryout for midway thru the tryout and in the final scrimmages so they can make the team .Seems unfair to those kids whose coach was not there and to the player who does not make it as a result . I saw the BBP coach move two of his players to different positions during the call back scrimage .

I have seen the coaches move players around in the past and it was not done by the players HS coach (the players coaches were not at the tryout).

The coaches want to field the best team and If that means moving some players around so be it. From what I have seen in the past UA does a pretty good job at selecting the team. There will always be a few very good players left off but for the most part they do a good job.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #264909 06/14/18 12:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
happens every year.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #264910 06/14/18 12:38 PM
L
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
L
They move kids all the time in order to try and fill the slots open at attack, middie and defense as best they can. Having your coach there is an advantage and that is no surprise, and so is being known by the coaches and evaluators. That being said, the coaches want to field the best team they can and the process will never be perfect. There is a tremendous amount of talent on LI and it was on full display last night.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #264911 06/14/18 12:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like a lot of nonsense at the UA tryouts . You had players who had their high school coach telling them to change their position they signed up to tryout for midway thru the tryout and in the final scrimmages so they can make the team .Seems unfair to those kids whose coach was not there and to the player who does not make it as a result . I saw the BBP coach move two of his players to different positions during the call back scrimage .

Rosters are not even out yet and already someone is crying. They should give everyone a trophy at the end of the tryout to make everyone feel better.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #264924 06/14/18 02:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rosters are not even out yet and already someone is crying. They should give everyone a trophy at the end of the tryout to make everyone feel better.

Bayport, Northport, Mattituck, Mt. Sinai, West Hampton are taking over the world.

Just get used to it. Quid pro quo Shameful

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C #264926 06/14/18 03:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please the team was 75% picked before anybody even got there. Do the math 90 girls times $125 a pop for 22 positions. When CR doesn’t take down one note when she supposed to be “evaluating” when they do callbacks and 13 to 15 girls are told to sit down that their spot is secure andtjeure all yj. When girls are switching positions that they don’t fly to get a roster spot. And it’s not because there wasn’t four other attack players that were good enough. The talent pool that was at the tryout was off the charts

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #264933 06/14/18 04:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes a ton of nonsense at the practice last night. It was not a tryout - CR knows who she wants on the team and did not look up once to evaluate the girls. Some of her YJ did not play well and will still be selected. Lots of talent on LI and they are from various club teams.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #264935 06/14/18 05:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes a ton of nonsense at the practice last night. It was not a tryout - CR knows who she wants on the team and did not look up once to evaluate the girls. Some of her YJ did not play well and will still be selected. Lots of talent on LI and they are from various club teams.

Why don't you wait for the rosters to come out before you open your mouth.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #264940 06/14/18 07:19 PM
P
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
P

I remember the year my daughter went and the YJ girls were greeting the evaluators with hugs. That sure didn't feel fair.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #264942 06/14/18 08:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 Suffolk A Final Four:

West Islip
Northport
Riverhrad
Smithtown East or Sachem North

2019 Suffolk A Final Four:

West Islip
Northport
Riverhrad
Smithtown East or Sachem North

Too bad so moving to B

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #264946 06/14/18 08:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only underclassmen that received all division/ unsung hero at the dinner were girls who's team won Counties/L.I.C's or States because their whole team was there to accept that award. Those awards weren't presented to them they were just handed out to them by their coaches while they were sitting at their tables.. So dont get in a tizzy your kid wasnt excluded.

When an Athlete works hard and their records show it, it's nice to be included when others are given the same award. So if it's politely explained and is a reasonable response that's acceptable. It would be nice to know what the parameters are beforehand.

I guess you couldn't post her picture on facebook.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #264947 06/14/18 08:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why don't you wait for the rosters to come out before you open your mouth.

If I said the tryout was unfair once the teams are picked someone like you would just say some stupid “sorry your kid got cut” . I do not believe having your high school coach move you to a new position is fair as not all kids get that same advice from someone who has seen the evaluations . Seems ridiculous that they could not find an excellent team by picking kids from positions they signed up for .

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #264950 06/14/18 09:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am familiar with CR.... Can anyone provide info on the other coaches?

Highlight: Carol Rose, Kerri Kilkenny, Becky Thorn

Command: Ryan Gick, Matt Maloney, Charlie Rizzuto

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #264953 06/14/18 10:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

np wm esm yj nothing yj
don't know any of the command

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #264959 06/15/18 06:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

np wm esm yj nothing yj
don't know any of the command

Ryan Gick - BBP
Matt Maloney - Mattituck
Charlie Rizzuto - Oyster Bay

So counting the Highlight coaches, that's 5 from Suffolk and 1 from Nassau.

Stupid UA. Most think your LI tryout process is unfair to begin with. Why don't you at least try to make it LOOK unbiased by getting a better cross section of evaluators and coaches? You'll make more $ because more people will sign up!! That's smart business. You're welcome.

Like Reply Quote
Page 276 of 529 1 2 274 275 276 277 278 528 529
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard