True Blue Lacrosse 2018/2019 Tryouts Have Been Released! Checkout The Northeast Tryouts Section For More Info

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Duke's Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 06/20/18 04:17 PM
Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by Anonymous. 06/20/18 03:59 PM
Boys 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by Anonymous. 06/20/18 03:50 PM
Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by Anonymous. 06/20/18 03:44 PM
Boys 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by Anonymous. 06/20/18 03:41 PM
Girls 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by Anonymous. 06/20/18 03:32 PM
Boys 2027 - 3rd Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by Anonymous. 06/20/18 03:13 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics1,460
Posts228,967
Members1,960
Most Online3,796
Oct 23rd, 2017
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 274 of 279 1 2 272 273 274 275 276 278 279
(NA) (NA) (NA) Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #264720
06/12/18 11:35 AM
06/12/18 11:35 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clearly someone has an axe to grind with the 2015 class. It sounds like someone who's kid do not make the U19 team. This was 3 years ago. Probably time to move on and stop living in the past.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

(NA) (NA) (NA) Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #264756
06/12/18 03:44 PM
06/12/18 03:44 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Be specific, you talk mostly about accolades they received while still in HS. You talk about the 14 that played on the U-19 out of the 14 1 has been benched, one started to split time with a frosh, one definitely did not live up to expectations ( though her sister is exceeding expectation) 2 are starters on team that are on a down turn (one of which didn't even make tournament this year) and thats just off the top of my head. and just for giggles, the alternate won Tawaarton, a non traditional team won the tournament with non of your top 58, and the #1 team for most of the year didn't have any either. so maybe UA, Inside lacrosse and schoo lgirls is really just what people, a popularity contest"

You really are a dope, the Tewaaraton winner was an early recruit so it goes against your moronic argument, the national champs were led by several players that as freshman and sophomores by your standards would have been players that did not pan out and no one is saying there are not players who were recruited late that will successful in college.

Reply Quote
(NA) (NA) (NA) Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #264768
06/12/18 04:50 PM
06/12/18 04:50 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To anyone at the Suffolk awards dinner last night. Any surprises. Was it worth omitting awards to shorten it.

Reply Quote
(NA) (NA) (NA) Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #264770
06/12/18 05:28 PM
06/12/18 05:28 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
To anyone at the Suffolk awards dinner last night. Any surprises. Was it worth omitting awards to shorten it.

It was a lot quieter and you could actually hear the names of the girls receiving their awards which was nice. Some head shakers.

Reply Quote
(NA) (NA) (NA) Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #264778
06/12/18 07:15 PM
06/12/18 07:15 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Be specific, you talk mostly
about accolades they received while still in HS. You talk about the 14 that played on the U-19 out of the 14 1 has been benched, one started to split time with a frosh, one definitely did not live up to expectations ( though her sister is exceeding expectation) 2 are starters on team that are on a down turn (one of which didn't even make tournament this year) and thats just off the top of my head. and just for giggles, the alternate won Tawaarton, a non traditional team won the tournament with non of your top 58, and the #1 team for most of the year didn't have any either. so maybe UA, Inside lacrosse and schoo lgirls is really just what people, a popularity contest"

You really are a dope, the Tewaaraton winner was an early recruit so it goes against your moronic argument, the national champs were led by several players that as freshman and sophomores by your standards would have been players that did not pan out and no one is saying there are not players who were recruited late that will successful in college.

Some people just can't stand it when college coaches, Inside Lacrosse, Under Armour etc... Select players other than their daughter . They come up with excuse after excuse, the then cry politics and finally the come up with the nonsense about girls not panning out, not seeing the field or giving up the sport all together. It is sad.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
(NA) (NA) (NA) Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #264790
06/13/18 08:35 AM
06/13/18 08:35 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me reframe the question...I would say 50% of the early recruits (those that committed in 8th and 9th grade) have panned out by 12th grade, then the number four years from now will be substantially lower. So of these will 25% still be strong players in college as they graduate? Maybe that is the expectation. And will that be a lower percentage than the girls coming up with later recruiting rules? Will the girls recruited earlier have higher transfer rates than the girls who commit later?

I am somewhat leading the argument...I believe later recruiting is better and more accurate. The best player on our hs team was a little under the radar as a 9th grader. She is going D1 to a mid-major lacrosse school, although a great academic school...it will work out well for this girl. However if she came up with today’s recruiting rules, she would be looking at Ivy League and Stanford as well as the top level lacrosse schools. So as we watch these transition years from early recruiting to 11th grade recruiting what do people think is better?

Of course the new rules for recruiting are better for everyone, the players the coaches and the parents. The race to land an 8th-9th grader is a pure gamble and you can see many misses evident by junior or senior year. It’s a crappy position for a coach and even worse for the player. Think about the player who took the offer as a top recruit in 8-9th only to have the rest of the pool catch up and/or surpass them, and yes this is more common than not. That is a lot of baggage to be starting a college career with. Junior year opens recruiting is definitely better for all.

There were very few if any girls who Commited in the 8th grade. How many 2018's Commited while in the 9th grade? 30?

It is not much of a gamble at all for the college coaches. The majority of players who are identified early (by the top college programs) do pan out.

The jealousy out there is too much. Believe me, if a player tears it up in her rising senior summer and she was Commited to let's say Drexel, Marist or UConn she would have other offers. The best programs want the best players. If they see a stud that they overlooked they will (they do) approach the player.

The top programs do not miss very often. The large majority of top recruits do not stop playing and many are top players on their college teams.

Reply Quote
(NA) (NA) (NA) Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #264791
06/13/18 08:37 AM
06/13/18 08:37 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a lot quieter and you could actually hear the names of the girls receiving their awards which was nice. Some head shakers.

Some Head Shakers? What awards?

Reply Quote
(NA) (NA) (NA) Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #264796
06/13/18 09:28 AM
06/13/18 09:28 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what the format was for this. At first I heard it was just for All County Players, but then I see on the sectionxi tweets pictures of girls who got all division etc. Did the coaches have a limit of how many girls could go? Was it fair to have some girls who received all division all conference all tournament all rookie or Unsung Hero to be able to attend but not all? If the girls earned awards seems wrong to just cut them from the dinner, did Nassau do the same?

Reply Quote
(NA) (NA) (NA) Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #264808
06/13/18 11:15 AM
06/13/18 11:15 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what the format was for this. At first I heard it was just for All County Players, but then I see on the sectionxi tweets pictures of girls who got all division etc. Did the coaches have a limit of how many girls could go? Was it fair to have some girls who received all division all conference all tournament all rookie or Unsung Hero to be able to attend but not all? If the girls earned awards seems wrong to just cut them from the dinner, did Nassau do the same?

Only seniors who go talk division were invited. If you were an underclassmen ayou needed to get all county honorable mention or higher

Reply Quote
(NA) (NA) (NA) Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #264821
06/13/18 12:14 PM
06/13/18 12:14 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 Suffolk A Final Four:

West Islip
Northport
Riverhrad
Smithtown East or Sachem North

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
(NA) (NA) (NA) Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #264823
06/13/18 12:18 PM
06/13/18 12:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only seniors who go talk division were invited. If you were an underclassmen ayou needed to get all county honorable mention or higher

Is there a list of recipients for all awards?

Reply Quote
(NA) (NA) (NA) Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #264831
06/13/18 12:29 PM
06/13/18 12:29 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that is not entirely true, my son got Academic All conference last year and he was invited. the coach said that all conference players don't get invited unless you were Academic All conference

Reply Quote
(NA) (NA) (NA) Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #264841
06/13/18 01:26 PM
06/13/18 01:26 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that is not entirely true, my son got Academic All conference last year and he was invited. the coach said that all conference players don't get invited unless you were Academic All conference

Why did your son go to the Girls event last year , that's just weird.

Reply Quote
(NA) (NA) (NA) Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #264850
06/13/18 02:30 PM
06/13/18 02:30 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Geez.....wake up

Reply Quote
(NA) (NA) (NA) Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #264851
06/13/18 02:32 PM
06/13/18 02:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there a list of recipients for all awards?

I was wondering the same thing. Where can you find a list of all the girls who have won awards?

Reply Quote
Page 274 of 279 1 2 272 273 274 275 276 278 279
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

TOURNAMENTS/SHOWCASES
Harding Summer Sunset
PrimeTime Shootout
Bulldog Brawl
King of the Hill