BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,591
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 45 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 44 45
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF Tournament this weekend. 2022 bracket is set. Any predictions?

Crabs
DC Express
Express North Bell
HHH
Laxachusetts Black
Thunder LB3
Leading Edge
LI Express Chan
Primetime
Sweetlax FLA
Team 91 AA
TX Mustangs
Laxachusetts Yellow

How are the Crabs, DC Express this year? What will be the average age for the TX Mustangs and Laxach, i'm guessing 16.

From LI, I think Express took a step back and 91 got better. Competitive field and I have no idea who will win this?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Laxfest jumped the shark. their greed and lack of personal touch cost them the Rainout, a few years back,was the beginning of the end

But they will still have 300 teams there in two weeks. It is still the biggest event and attracts teams from all over the country. NLF is intentionally smaller if you believe the hype. But ultimately it is all MLT.com and their boys filling up on your cash. The left pocket fills the right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plat Cup-
Madlax-Capital | DC
Denver Elite | CO
BBL Elite | NJ
Legacy Madness 2022 | NY
Igloo Arctic Blast | NY
Igloo Aspen Extreme | NY
West Coast Starz | Western U.S
Predators | NY
Resolute I OH
NXT 2022 | PA
LI Outlaws | NY
Next Level | MD
API Diamondback |
Team 91 MD 2022 | MD
PA Roughriders | PA
Tri-State Lacrosse I NJ
Bucktown I NC
Team 91 Carolina Cannons I NC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs
DC Express
Express North Bell
HHH
Laxachusetts Black
Thunder LB3
Leading Edge
LI Express Chan
Primetime
Sweetlax FLA
Team 91 AA
TX Mustangs
Laxachusetts Yellow

How are the Crabs, DC Express this year? What will be the average age for the TX Mustangs and Laxach, i'm guessing 16.

From LI, I think Express took a step back and 91 got better. Competitive field and I have no idea who will win this?

9d1 has easy draw compared to others, also no Igloo or BBL . So yes competitive tourney . Winner ? well If JR is controlled Chan or Primetime will prevail

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a 91 parent, but I think they are the team to beat with the additions. Leading Edge is very good and Laxchusettes is always big in physical as they get up into the HS years. And Prime Time is an elite team at grade based. Chan still has their starting 10 and will be fine, just lack a little depth. No Hawks, who is the best grade based team at this year. Should be good. Surprised there is no single A bracket like at Lehigh in the summer. Could have brought in 91s and Express's 2nd teams and had a legit A and AA tourney. Because Laxachusettes Yellow amd few othet might have a long weekend.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs
DC Express
Express North Bell
HHH
Laxachusetts Black
Thunder LB3
Leading Edge
LI Express Chan
Primetime
Sweetlax FLA
Team 91 AA
TX Mustangs
Laxachusetts Yellow

9d1 has easy draw compared to others, also no Igloo or BBL . So yes competitive tourney . Winner ? well If JR is controlled Chan or Primetime will prevail

I don't think there is any easy draws in the tournament. Surprised 91 MD is not in it. Saw JR play in the Suffolk Championship. Had a very good game against Seniors. Should dominate at this age if he plays. Predication; if JR Plays 91 Wins, if not it is a Pickem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Maryland is at Adrenaline Platinum Cup in Dover, De

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs
DC Express
Express North Bell
HHH
Laxachusetts Black
Thunder LB3
Leading Edge
LI Express Chan
Primetime
Sweetlax FLA
Team 91 AA
TX Mustangs
Laxachusetts Yellow

I don't think there is any easy draws in the tournament. Surprised 91 MD is not in it. Predication; if 91's best player plays, 91 Wins, if not it is a Pickem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What will be the average age for the TX Mustangs and Laxach, i'm guessing 16.

Bad guess. Most (if not all) of Mustangs are 14, and the 7th grader is 13. But they are big, would do much better in a football tournament. No team tryouts, no practices, just a bunch of kids from Dallas and Austin who a dad got together through word of mouth. Only playing in 2 tournaments this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bad guess. Most (if not all) of Mustangs are 14, and the 7th grader is 13. But they are big, would do much better in a football tournament. No team tryouts, no practices, just a bunch of kids from Dallas and Austin who a dad got together through word of mouth. Only playing in 2 tournaments this summer.

Not sure how this guy knows so much about the TX 2022 teams, but this is not the whole/real story and doesn't even make sense that a TX team would not practice, not take lax serious, but would all buy tickets and spend thousands of dollars to attend a tournament in NY. Here is the real story. For 2022, the majority of kids from TX are 15 by now. How do I know? I lived in TX and had my first child (daughter) in TX where she started KG and was one of the youngest in her TX class. Now that we have moved to NY, she is one of the oldest in her class. TX law states kids MUST be at least 5 yrs old by 9/1 to start KG (no exception). TX law requires kids who are 6yrs old by 9/1 must start KG, therefore most public schools STRONGLY SUGGEST parents wait until their kid turns 6 years old before starting KG. It was so bad, they didn't give me any attention when I tried to enroll my 5 yr old in KG. As a parent in TX, they even convinced me to do this! I didn't mind because the schools STRONGLY suggested waiting and didn't seem interested in me enrolling my daughter, TX preschools were typically quite beautiful and so inexpensive (land and labor are much cheaper) and TX public schools are for the most part (there are exceptions) not that great so most parents who can afford it go to private school.

Do the math, if most of these TX boys start KG at 6 yrs old, they enter 8th grade at 14 years old and typically turn 15 as the year progresses. Since 8th grade is mostly over, these TX 2022s are mostly 15. They are not holdbacks, they don't have crazy parents who have their kids repeat a grade to dominate sports (like JR), they are simply parents who are trying to follow the recommendations of TX school system counselors.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure how this guy knows so much about the TX 2022 teams, but this is not the whole/real story and doesn't even make sense that a TX team would not practice, not take lax serious, but would all buy tickets and spend thousands of dollars to attend a tournament in NY. Here is the real story. For 2022, the majority of kids from TX are 15 by now. How do I know? I lived in TX and had my first child (daughter) in TX where she started KG and was one of the youngest in her TX class. Now that we have moved to NY, she is one of the oldest in her class. TX law states kids MUST be at least 5 yrs old by 9/1 to start KG (no exception). TX law requires kids who are 6yrs old by 9/1 must start KG, therefore most public schools STRONGLY SUGGEST parents wait until their kid turns 6 years old before starting KG. It was so bad, they didn't give me any attention when I tried to enroll my 5 yr old in KG. As a parent in TX, they even convinced me to do this! I didn't mind because the schools STRONGLY suggested waiting and didn't seem interested in me enrolling my daughter, TX preschools were typically quite beautiful and so inexpensive (land and labor are much cheaper) and TX public schools are for the most part (there are exceptions) not that great so most parents who can afford it go to private school.

Do the math, if most of these TX boys start KG at 6 yrs old, they enter 8th grade at 14 years old and typically turn 15 as the year progresses. Since 8th grade is mostly over, these TX 2022s are mostly 15. They are not holdbacks, they don't have crazy parents who have their kids repeat a grade to dominate sports (like JR), they are simply parents who are trying to follow the recommendations of TX school system counselors.

Happy to answer your questions:
* Why do I know so much about TX 2022 Teams? Obviously, my son is on TX Mustangs. I grew up and lived most of my life in Westchester, we moved down here a few years ago from New York, I'm on this forum to follow my HS alma mater's lacrosse team as they play in the state tourney, and a friend told me about the comment in this thread, because he has a 2022.
* I don't doubt your child's experience with TX schools, but your math is a little off. If a child must be 5 years old to start KG, that means they must be 6 in 1st grade, 7/2nd grade, 8/3rd, 9/4th, 10/5th, 11/6th, 12/7th, and 13 at the start of 8th grade. My son is probably the oldest on this team, and he turns 15 at the end of August. Do holdbacks happen in Texas? Heck yeah, especially given how big football and sports are. But I can't think of a holdback on this team.We'll bring our birth certificates to the game, you bring yours too, OK? I'm kidding, of course. Kind of...
* As to what makes sense, who said we don't take lax seriously? This team is only together for two tournaments (one last week just to play together), most boys play on other club teams, and Austin, Dallas and Houston are very far apart. They are all good lacrosse players, just don't have a chance to practice together, so they are definitely not as smooth as teams that play together year round, they don't have plays, clears, etc. We are a non profit team, that only pays actual expenses for tournaments and coaches. The other club teams they play on are businesses in it for the money, just like back east. We just like being together, and going to this event because of the great competition, and having the boys meet other kids, and see the level of lacrosse skill and IQ that we just don't see in Texas. And at the tourney we played in Dallas last weekend, it was 105 degrees, that's good enough reason to head east!
* There was an older Mustang team (2018) that had the same model, and played in LI Laxfest back in the day and did very well, and they asked the dad who runs it if he had a 2022 team a few years back. That's how we got involved in this tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs
DC Express
Express North Bell
HHH
Laxachusetts Black
Thunder LB3
Leading Edge
LI Express Chan
Primetime
Sweetlax FLA
Team 91 AA
TX Mustangs
Laxachusetts Yellow

Why are the Hawks not in it this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DC Express is a beast (at least they were this spring). Should be a good tournament with good matchups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DC Express has a really good squad. Saw them this spring and they toyed with a few reputable teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well they start against Prime Time so they will get tested off the bat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DC Express has a really good squad. Saw them this spring and they toyed with a few reputable teams.

They are a big team. Finish 5th in the hoco elite league in which they played in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good answer. What you say makes sense. Good luck at Laxfest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laxfest schedule out. It's 2 divisions of B and B+ and Smash. That's a waste of time on father's day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs
DC Express
Express North Bell
HHH
Laxachusetts Black
Thunder LB3
Leading Edge
LI Express Chan
Primetime
Sweetlax FLA
Team 91 AA
TX Mustangs
Laxachusetts Yellow

Thunder, Lax Yellow, Sweetlax, Mustangs and some LI clubs should have had single A division. Wasn't that the goal of the NLF to match up the teams? I think so,could be wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi y'all what's the order of Express teams now from best on down?
1) Express chanachuck
2)?
3)?
4)?

Well... the way it's unfolded is interesting. What about now

Chaney
Schawle
Chucks
O’Rielly

Well #4 on your rankings won 7-0 over #3 today and then went on to win the Championship. That's 3 winning tourneys in a row. This guy just develops players and turns his teams in competitive teams by the summer, every year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) Express chanachuck
2)?
3)?
4)?

Chaney
Schawle
Chucks
O’Rielly

Well #4 on your rankings won 7-0 over #3 today and then went on to win the Championship. That's 3 winning tourneys in a row. This guy just develops players and turns his teams in competitive teams by the summer, every year!

That was suppose to be the order.....but would have to agree O'Rielly did a good job with them. Good coach my sons have done training with him in the past. have they played Schawle yet? Chan's team not to hot this year either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs
DC Express
Express North Bell
HHH
Laxachusetts Black
Thunder LB3
Leading Edge
LI Express Chan
Primetime
Sweetlax FLA
Team 91 AA
TX Mustangs
Laxachusetts Yellow

Thunder, Lax Yellow, Sweetlax, Mustangs and some LI clubs should have had single A division. Wasn't that the goal of the NLF to match up the teams? I think so,could be wrong.

I agree but like everything involved with youth LAX, it becomes all about the $$$$$$. Everyone wants to be an AA team and play AA brackets. if they turn teams away they go to another tournament to a so called AA Bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Igloo?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lost in semi. Didn’t win one faceoff. Caught a bad call and were man Down entire game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like excuses to me. Bad call and man down the whole game....... Cmon. They only scored 3 goals in the quarterfinals against Cinci. Maybe they just aren’t that great after all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) Express chanachuck
2)?
3)?
4)?

Chaney
Schawle
Chucks
O’Rielly

That was suppose to be the order.....but would have to agree O'Rielly did a good job with them. Good coach my sons have done training with him in the past. have they played Schawle yet? Chan's team not to hot this year either.

I think at the AA level you need develop players as part of a team. Meaning take the 22 kids that made the roster and coach them all up. You need offensive and defensive schemes at this level that you can adjust to when plan A doesn't work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs
DC Express
Express North Bell
HHH
Laxachusetts Black
Thunder LB3
Leading Edge
LI Express Chan
Primetime
Sweetlax FLA
Team 91 AA
TX Mustangs
Laxachusetts Yellow

Team 91 beat Crabs in finals today.

Team 91, Crabs, and Primetime all looked good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs
DC Express
Express North Bell
HHH
Laxachusetts Black
Thunder LB3
Leading Edge
LI Express Chan
Primetime
Sweetlax FLA
Team 91 AA
TX Mustangs
Laxachusetts Yellow

Team 91 beat Crabs in finals today.

Team 91, Crabs, and Primetime all looked good.

Got to give Spallina his props. He not only caught up, but surpassed these teams. These kids all can play on these teams and you have to be able to coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laxfest schedule out. It's 2 divisions of B and B+ and Smash. That's a waste of time on father's day.

Please Smash, Uncle.... 2021 bracket looks good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great first week of club lacrosse. Smash is back, Looks like they got bigger and faster at every position. Going to be tough to beat with or without JR.

Week 1 Ranks;

1. Smash
2. West Coast Starz
3. Crabs
4. Primetime
5. Igloo
6. DC Express
7. Team 91 MD
8. HHH
9. Leading Edge
10. API Diamond Backs

LI Express had a bunch of kids missing do to injury. Will be interesting to see how the Holdback Hawks do this year with out their big Goalie who now plays for the Crabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) Express chanachuck
2)?
3)?
4)?

Chaney
Schawle
Chucks
O’Rielly

O'Rielly builds teams. Good solid coach who does not give up on this players. Good for him since he kinda got the shaft from Express.

Chucks are coached by whatever 19 YO lax player walks by Chan a few days before the tourney. Zero coaching during tourneys......

Where in the wide world is Chan Jr and Lynott Jr.?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great first week of club lacrosse. Smash is back, Looks like they got bigger and faster at every position. Going to be tough to beat with or without JR.

Week 1 Ranks;

1. Smash
2. West Coast Starz
3. Crabs
4. Primetime
5. Igloo
6. DC Express
7. Team 91 MD
8. HHH
9. Leading Edge
10. API Diamond Backs

LI Express had a bunch of kids missing do to injury. Will be interesting to see how the Holdback Hawks do this year with out their big Goalie who now plays for the Crabs.

API finished dead last in Maryland spring club league and got blown out most games. No way they are a top 10 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 4 teams. Chan, Chuck's, Schwaije and O'Reilly

Yup
AA - Chan
A - Schwalji
B+ - Chuck
B - Orielly

All good teams

You think Chan is putting his name on a B+Team, even Lynott??These guys produce D1 All Americans, so just stop! Not to mention 3 teams, NOT 4! Sorry you didn't get the email! Either way? Over 100 QUALITY kids at the tryout, easy to fill an AA(that's not changing) and add 2 "A's"! The summer will tell what they created!

Hmmmm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Hawks in the top 10? Your crazy easily top 3 - and I hate them but being honest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone go to the Suffolk County tryouts yesterday? if so, how was it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They separated the boys into 4 big teams and scrimmaged for the entire try-out. Less than 100 kids, but there was a lot of talent and the Suffolk Boys all looked good. There was some confusion about what time to start - 3:30pm or 4pm so many kids were showing up late. The next round of cuts will select 40 kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They separated the boys into 4 big teams and scrimmaged for the entire try-out. Less than 100 kids, but there was a lot of talent and the Suffolk Boys all looked good. There was some confusion about what time to start - 3:30pm or 4pm so many kids were showing up late. The next round of cuts will select 40 kids.

Not well organized. Crony ball. Politics. Probably made the team if your coach went to chirp in the evaluators ears or add notes to the charts. Been hearing it's the same with other age groups and run by an outside organization and not truly by the suffolk coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Week 1 Ranks;

1. Smash
2. West Coast Starz
3. Crabs
4. Primetime
5. Igloo
6. DC Express
7. Team 91 MD
8. HHH
9. Leading Edge
10. API Diamond Backs

API finished dead last in Maryland spring club league and got blown out most games. No way they are a top 10 team.

APi made championship game this weekend in a very good tournament -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Week 1 Ranks;

1. Smash
2. West Coast Starz
3. Crabs
4. Primetime
5. Igloo
6. DC Express
7. Team 91 MD
8. HHH
9. Leading Edge
10. API Diamond Backs

Fake news!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wha, wah express. Well, based on week 1 your TEAM was not a top 10 team...

Page 35 of 45 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard