BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 103 of 214 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 213 214
(NA) (NA) (NA) Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice to see the 3 long island girls teams that won states did it with balanced scoring and played a team game. Many other teams can take a closer look at playing a team game and having better results. Are you paying attention West Babylon Coach?

West Islip coach?
can you not read?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone see some of the State Tournament games? Crazy semi-final game for Mattituck. Almost gave all the Long Island fans a heart attack to end the game. Good for you Mattituck!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me reframe the question...I would say 50% of the early recruits (those that committed in 8th and 9th grade) have panned out by 12th grade, then the number four years from now will be substantially lower. So of these will 25% still be strong players in college as they graduate? Maybe that is the expectation. And will that be a lower percentage than the girls coming up with later recruiting rules? Will the girls recruited earlier have higher transfer rates than the girls who commit later?

I am somewhat leading the argument...I believe later recruiting is better and more accurate. The best player on our hs team was a little under the radar as a 9th grader. She is going D1 to a mid-major lacrosse school, although a great academic school...it will work out well for this girl. However if she came up with today’s recruiting rules, she would be looking at Ivy League and Stanford as well as the top level lacrosse schools. So as we watch these transition years from early recruiting to 11th grade recruiting what do people think is better?

Of course the new rules for recruiting are better for everyone, the players the coaches and the parents. The race to land an 8th-9th grader is a pure gamble and you can see many misses evident by junior or senior year. It’s a crappy position for a coach and even worse for the player. Think about the player who took the offer as a top recruit in 8-9th only to have the rest of the pool catch up and/or surpass them, and yes this is more common than not. That is a lot of baggage to be starting a college career with. Junior year opens recruiting is definitely better for all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me reframe the question...I would say 50% of the early recruits (those that committed in 8th and 9th grade) have panned out by 12th grade, then the number four years from now will be substantially lower. So of these will 25% still be strong players in college as they graduate? Maybe that is the expectation. And will that be a lower percentage than the girls coming up with later recruiting rules? Will the girls recruited earlier have higher transfer rates than the girls who commit later?

I am somewhat leading the argument...I believe later recruiting is better and more accurate. The best player on our hs team was a little under the radar as a 9th grader. She is going D1 to a mid-major lacrosse school, although a great academic school...it will work out well for this girl. However if she came up with today’s recruiting rules, she would be looking at Ivy League and Stanford as well as the top level lacrosse schools. So as we watch these transition years from early recruiting to 11th grade recruiting what do people think is better?

Of course the new rules for recruiting are better for everyone, the players the coaches and the parents. The race to land an 8th-9th grader is a pure gamble and you can see many misses evident by junior or senior year. It’s a crappy position for a coach and even worse for the player. Think about the player who took the offer as a top recruit in 8-9th only to have the rest of the pool catch up and/or surpass them, and yes this is more common than not. That is a lot of baggage to be starting a college career with. Junior year opens recruiting is definitely better for all.

You people are truly miserable . Same people who will be saying that "they will never see the field" or " they are getting no money so why wouldn't the coach let them commit" when the future juniors commit. Many of these early commits were proving their worth playing at the varsity level as 8th and 9th graders and those kids are still for the most part excellent players , 3 of the 4 teams in the NCAA final 4 are known as some of the earliest recruiters out there. You just come across as jealous and ignorant of the facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I
So this year's senior class is one of the last of the super early recruiting classes. Share opinions of whether you think the college coaches who committed 9th graders 3 years ago got it right or wrong. I see several top seniors who were overlooked in 9th and 10th grade, but really peaked in 11th and 12th who are not going to top tier lacrosse schools. Certainly in some cases the top college teams got it right with the younger girls, but in my opinion it was pretty much 50% of the early commits had strong junior and senior campaigns and 50% have not quite panned out yet. What do other people think?

The coaches would be beyond thrilled if 50% of the recruits panned out, the real number tops out around 25-30% and sometimes it can be much less. How many times have you heard ND #1 recruiting class in the country or Florida top #3 recruiting class in the country and the have nothing to show for it.
This year ND put the weight of the team on a freshman, what happened to all the studs from the previous three classes? The were not as good as the coach thought they were! Coaches get it wrong at all levels of every sport more often than not, it's nothing more than a calculated guess and a numbers game. How many Heisman trophy winners have had exceptional NFL careers?

I think it’s an impossible subject to comment on as most do not want to post negative things about young women . To say 25-30 % at best pan out is ridiculous as no one really knows what these coaches expectations of these players really was nor what type scholarship they were receiving . I can tell you that of the players from my daughters travel team a greater number panned out than did not .

If there's 30-40 players on any given roster, 15 play meaningful minutes - that's just reality, no bias, nothing negative, just reality and numbers, around 50% (according to Bald Bear) will no longer be playing by senior year. If a coach recruits 8-10 kids they know the majority won't be impact players

The majority of top recruits do pan out. The majority of top recruits at the top programs do not stop playing.

Take a look at this years freshman class the majority of top recruits were impact players at powerhouse programs.

I know many of you want these young women to fail but the reality is the majority of the top recruits go on to have successful college careers.

this is just not true. Looking at the 2015 class, out of the top 50players, maybe 5 panned out to be truly top players. If anyone can come up wit more, prove it.

Here is the truth.

Out of the top 58 players from the HS class of 2015 the large majority are major contributors (start and or play in just about every game) for their current college team.

14 of the Top 58 players were on the U19 US National Team (The ultimate honor for a HS player).

44 of the Top 58 players were Under Armour All-Americans as seniors which is generally considered the highest HS accolade a player can receive.

47 of the 58 are major contributors for their current college teams. Several have received post season honors, some are Team Captains and the majority play for the top programs in the country.

There are 3 - 5 girls who have had major injuries. There have been a few Redshirts.

It looks like 2 or 3 players are not on the roster of the team they originally went to out of HS (not sure if the transferred or if they stopped playing).

1 definite Transfer (BC to Brown).

Not exactly what many of the haters want to hear. The truth and reality are a far cry from what is spewed on here by the jealous, bitter haters.

The large majority of the best HS players go to the Top College Programs. The coaches do not get it wrong very often. The players who make the lists and the teams (School Girls, UA, U19, Inside Lacrosse) are usually the same players that go to the top programs in the country.

Inside Lacrosse, the evaluators for SG and UA, the selection comities for UA Seniors and US U19 and the college coaches at the best programs all identify many of the same players as the "top players".

The majority of the top players will play all four years, the majority will be major contributors, the majority will attend one of the top college programs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From a position of nothing to be jealous about, from a parent Who had a very heavily recruited 8th grader and 9th grader, it is a very welcomed change, I wish they had done it years ago where I could have benefited. I agree many of the kids will go on to have successfull college lax careers. Is it a nice stroke to your ego to be an early recruit, yes, but I completely get the ridiculousness of it, on both sides of the deal, believe the coaches are relieved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From a position of nothing to be jealous about, from a parent Who had a very heavily recruited 8th grader and 9th grader, it is a very welcomed change, I wish they had done it years ago where I could have benefited. I agree many of the kids will go on to have successfull college lax careers. Is it a nice stroke to your ego to be an early recruit, yes, but I completely get the ridiculousness of it, on both sides of the deal, believe the coaches are relieved.

So why would you let your kid commit early and if they did not do you think they would have gone to another school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Here is the truth.

Out of the top 58 players from the HS class of 2015 the large majority are major contributors (start and or play in just about every game) for their current college team.

14 of the Top 58 players were on the U19 US National Team (The ultimate honor for a HS player).

44 of the Top 58 players were Under Armour All-Americans as seniors which is generally considered the highest HS accolade a player can receive.

47 of the 58 are major contributors for their current college teams. Several have received post season honors, some are Team Captains and the majority play for the top programs in the country.

There are 3 - 5 girls who have had major injuries. There have been a few Redshirts.

It looks like 2 or 3 players are not on the roster of the team they originally went to out of HS (not sure if the transferred or if they stopped playing).

Not exactly what many of the haters want to hear. The truth and reality are a far cry from what is spewed on here by the jealous, bitter haters.

The large majority of the best HS players go to the Top College Programs. The coaches do not get it wrong very often. The players who make the lists and the teams (School Girls, UA, U19, Inside Lacrosse) are usually the same players that go to the top programs in the country.

Inside Lacrosse, the evaluators for SG and UA, the selection comities for UA Seniors and US U19 and the college coaches at the best programs all identify many of the same players as the "top players".

The majority of the top players will play all four years, the majority will be major contributors, the majority will attend one of the top college programs.[/quote]Be specific, you talk mostly about accolades they received while still in HS. You talk about the 14 that played on the U-19 out of the 14 1 has been benched, one started to split time with a frosh, one definitely did not live up to expectations ( though her sister is exceeding expectation) 2 are starters on team that are on a down turn (one of which didn't even make tournament this year) and thats just off the top of my head. and just for giggles, the alternate won Tawaarton, a non traditional team won the tournament with non of your top 58, and the #1 team for most of the year didn't have any either. so maybe UA, Inside lacrosse and schoo lgirls is really just what people, a popularity contest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Here is the truth.

The majority of the top players will play all four years, the majority will be major contributors, the majority will attend one of the top college programs.

Be specific, you talk mostly about accolades they received while still in HS. You talk about the 14 that played on the U-19 out of the 14 1 has been benched, one started to split time with a frosh, one definitely did not live up to expectations ( though her sister is exceeding expectation) 2 are starters on team that are on a down turn (one of which didn't even make tournament this year) and thats just off the top of my head. and just for giggles, the alternate won Tawaarton, a non traditional team won the tournament with non of your top 58, and the #1 team for most of the year didn't have any either. so maybe UA, Inside lacrosse and schoo lgirls is really just what people, a popularity contest [/quote]

Another jealous bitter loser. It must be tough going through life being you. Every day must really stink when you realize that all of the people that you root against are doing so well. I really hope that you were smart enough to not pass your negative ways on to your children. It must be a miserable existence you live. I can't imagine how you would be able to live with yourself knowing that you sentenced you children to a lifetime of misery.

All the hate in the world will not help your daughter and it will not alter reality.

I hope you children rise above you and succeed in all that they do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is the truth.

Be specific, you talk mostly about accolades they received while still in HS. You talk about the 14 that played on the U-19 out of the 14 1 has been benched, one started to split time with a frosh, one definitely did not live up to expectations ( though her sister is exceeding expectation) 2 are starters on team that are on a down turn (one of which didn't even make tournament this year) and thats just off the top of my head. and just for giggles, the alternate won Tawaarton, a non traditional team won the tournament with non of your top 58, and the #1 team for most of the year didn't have any either. so maybe UA, Inside lacrosse and schoo lgirls is really just what people, a popularity contest [/quote]

Another jealous bitter loser. It must be tough going through life being you. Every day must really stink when you realize that all of the people that you root against are doing so well. I really hope that you were smart enough to not pass your negative ways on to your children. It must be a miserable existence you live. I can't imagine how you would be able to live with yourself knowing that you sentenced you children to a lifetime of misery.

All the hate in the world will not help your daughter and it will not alter reality.

[/quote]

Haters gonna hate and they do not want to hear the truth.

The 14 players from the class of 2015 who were selected to represent the United State are doing just fine. 50% have not quit the sport and 50% are not sitting on the bench. 100% are attending excellent schools and doing great.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is the truth.

[/quote]

Thanks for your concern, now move along.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First 7 goals of CSH semi-final game scored by 7 different players. That's impressive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to see the 3 long island girls teams that won states did it with balanced scoring and played a team game. Many other teams can take a closer look at playing a team game and having better results. Are you paying attention West Babylon Coach?

West Islip coach?
can you not read?

West Islip coach as well as WB, can you comprehend that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Here is the truth.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The post was in response to the following:

- - - "this is just not true. Looking at the 2015 class, out of the top 50players, maybe 5 panned out to be truly top players. If anyone can come up wit more, prove it." - - -

The 44 Under Armour Senior All-Americans and the 14 players who were selected to represent The United States was the basis for the "Top 58" players from the class of 2015. Inside Lacrosse ranked the Top 30 Seniors in the Class of 2015 and 27 of the Top 30 were selected for Under Armour and/or the U19 US National Team (using IL's Top 30 would have been redundant). BTW, One of the three who was ranked by Inside Lacrosse but was not selected by UA or Team USA earned All-American honors last year at Syracuse. One plays at Duke and the other transferred to a small school and is doing very well. I think the people who do the rankings and the selections know what they are doing (they do not get it wrong very often).

Of the 58 players that we are discussing only about "5" or so do not appear to be major contributors for their college teams.

You can hate all you want but the facts do not lie.

The players who are identified early by the top college programs, Inside Lacrosse, Under Armour, School Girls, Team USA etc... continue to play in college and the large majority start and are major contributors for their teams (most of those teams are consistently ranked in the top 20). Do other girls also do well? yes, some do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is the truth.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The post was in response to the following:

- - - "this is just not true. Looking at the 2015 class, out of the top 50players, maybe 5 panned out to be truly top players. If anyone can come up wit more, prove it." - - -

The 44 Under Armour Senior All-Americans and the 14 players who were selected to represent The United States was the basis for the "Top 58" players from the class of 2015. Inside Lacrosse ranked the Top 30 Seniors in the Class of 2015 and 27 of the Top 30 were selected for Under Armour and/or the U19 US National Team (using IL's Top 30 would have been redundant). BTW, One of the three who was ranked by Inside Lacrosse but was not selected by UA or Team USA earned All-American honors last year at Syracuse. One plays at Duke and the other transferred to a small school and is doing very well. I think the people who do the rankings and the selections know what they are doing (they do not get it wrong very often).

Of the 58 players that we are discussing only about "5" or so do not appear to be major contributors for their college teams.

You can hate all you want but the facts do not lie.

The players who are identified early by the top college programs, Inside Lacrosse, Under Armour, School Girls, Team USA etc... continue to play in college and the large majority start and are major contributors for their teams (most of those teams are consistently ranked in the top 20). Do other girls also do well? yes, some do.

[/quote]

How is the 2016 class looking?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly someone has an axe to grind with the 2015 class. It sounds like someone who's kid do not make the U19 team. This was 3 years ago. Probably time to move on and stop living in the past.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Be specific, you talk mostly about accolades they received while still in HS. You talk about the 14 that played on the U-19 out of the 14 1 has been benched, one started to split time with a frosh, one definitely did not live up to expectations ( though her sister is exceeding expectation) 2 are starters on team that are on a down turn (one of which didn't even make tournament this year) and thats just off the top of my head. and just for giggles, the alternate won Tawaarton, a non traditional team won the tournament with non of your top 58, and the #1 team for most of the year didn't have any either. so maybe UA, Inside lacrosse and schoo lgirls is really just what people, a popularity contest"

You really are a dope, the Tewaaraton winner was an early recruit so it goes against your moronic argument, the national champs were led by several players that as freshman and sophomores by your standards would have been players that did not pan out and no one is saying there are not players who were recruited late that will successful in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To anyone at the Suffolk awards dinner last night. Any surprises. Was it worth omitting awards to shorten it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To anyone at the Suffolk awards dinner last night. Any surprises. Was it worth omitting awards to shorten it.

It was a lot quieter and you could actually hear the names of the girls receiving their awards which was nice. Some head shakers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Be specific, you talk mostly
about accolades they received while still in HS. You talk about the 14 that played on the U-19 out of the 14 1 has been benched, one started to split time with a frosh, one definitely did not live up to expectations ( though her sister is exceeding expectation) 2 are starters on team that are on a down turn (one of which didn't even make tournament this year) and thats just off the top of my head. and just for giggles, the alternate won Tawaarton, a non traditional team won the tournament with non of your top 58, and the #1 team for most of the year didn't have any either. so maybe UA, Inside lacrosse and schoo lgirls is really just what people, a popularity contest"

You really are a dope, the Tewaaraton winner was an early recruit so it goes against your moronic argument, the national champs were led by several players that as freshman and sophomores by your standards would have been players that did not pan out and no one is saying there are not players who were recruited late that will successful in college.

Some people just can't stand it when college coaches, Inside Lacrosse, Under Armour etc... Select players other than their daughter . They come up with excuse after excuse, the then cry politics and finally the come up with the nonsense about girls not panning out, not seeing the field or giving up the sport all together. It is sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were very few if any girls who Commited in the 8th grade. How many 2018's Commited while in the 9th grade? 30?

It is not much of a gamble at all for the college coaches. The majority of players who are identified early (by the top college programs) do pan out.

The jealousy out there is too much. Believe me, if a player tears it up in her rising senior summer and she was Commited to let's say Drexel, Marist or UConn she would have other offers. The best programs want the best players. If they see a stud that they overlooked they will (they do) approach the player.

The top programs do not miss very often. The large majority of top recruits do not stop playing and many are top players on their college teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a lot quieter and you could actually hear the names of the girls receiving their awards which was nice. Some head shakers.

Some Head Shakers? What awards?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what the format was for this. At first I heard it was just for All County Players, but then I see on the sectionxi tweets pictures of girls who got all division etc. Did the coaches have a limit of how many girls could go? Was it fair to have some girls who received all division all conference all tournament all rookie or Unsung Hero to be able to attend but not all? If the girls earned awards seems wrong to just cut them from the dinner, did Nassau do the same?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what the format was for this. At first I heard it was just for All County Players, but then I see on the sectionxi tweets pictures of girls who got all division etc. Did the coaches have a limit of how many girls could go? Was it fair to have some girls who received all division all conference all tournament all rookie or Unsung Hero to be able to attend but not all? If the girls earned awards seems wrong to just cut them from the dinner, did Nassau do the same?

Only seniors who go talk division were invited. If you were an underclassmen ayou needed to get all county honorable mention or higher

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 Suffolk A Final Four:

West Islip
Northport
Riverhrad
Smithtown East or Sachem North

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only seniors who go talk division were invited. If you were an underclassmen ayou needed to get all county honorable mention or higher

Is there a list of recipients for all awards?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that is not entirely true, my son got Academic All conference last year and he was invited. the coach said that all conference players don't get invited unless you were Academic All conference

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that is not entirely true, my son got Academic All conference last year and he was invited. the coach said that all conference players don't get invited unless you were Academic All conference

Why did your son go to the Girls event last year , that's just weird.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Geez.....wake up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was wondering the same thing. Where can you find a list of all the girls who have won awards?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was wondering the same thing. Where can you find a list of all the girls who have won awards?

Facebook

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Be specific, you talk mostly about accolades they received while still in HS. You talk about the 14 that played on the U-19 out of the 14 1 has been benched, one started to split time with a frosh, one definitely did not live up to expectations ( though her sister is exceeding expectation) 2 are starters on team that are on a down turn (one of which didn't even make tournament this year) and thats just off the top of my head. and just for giggles, the alternate won Tawaarton, a non traditional team won the tournament with non of your top 58, and the #1 team for most of the year didn't have any either. so maybe UA, Inside lacrosse and schoo lgirls is really just what people, a popularity contest"

Is english a second language for you? The T winner was an early recruit, yes , But that was not your "moronic" argument was it. Your "moronic" argument was the top 58 girls ( Why 58 is anyones guess but mine is that it means something to you) The T winner was not in your precious top 58, neither were any of the Tournament champs, or any girl on the team ranked #1 for most of the year. Now I may be a "dope" to you, but at least I can form a coherent sentence, and follow my own train of thought, both thing you seem to struggle with. I stand by my original statement, selection to UA, Nike, and School girls is mostly a popularity contest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were underclassman who got All Division that attended, so not sure where that's coming from. Maybe schools were capped at 4 attendees max? As for Facebook page , where is the list there. Section XI?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is english a second language for you? The T winner was an early recruit, yes , But that was not your "moronic" argument was it. Your "moronic" argument was the top 58 girls ( Why 58 is anyones guess but mine is that it means something to you) The T winner was not in your precious top 58, neither were any of the Tournament champs, or any girl on the team ranked #1 for most of the year. Now I may be a "dope" to you, but at least I can form a coherent sentence, and follow my own train of thought, both thing you seem to struggle with. I stand by my original statement, selection to UA, Nike, and School girls is mostly a popularity contest.

I am not the person that you are responding to but I will try to help out.

The 58 players from the HS graduation class of 2015 were the 44 Senior Under Armour All-Americans plus the 14 players selected to represent the United States on the U19 National Team. 44 + 14 = 58

Someone posted that only 5 of the top players from the class of 2015 actually panned out to be legit at the college level. The person then asked if someone could prove otherwise .

Someone answered by pointing out that out of the 58 players (who were considered the best in the class and were the early recruits to many of the top programs) only about 5 of the players "Did Not" pan out (starter / evey game player). The large majority of the 58 start and or play in every game for their team (most are at top 20 programs). Many have received post season honors. (All-Conference , All-American, Tewarraton Finalist / Winner)

It was also pointed out that the 2015 Inside Lacrosse Senior Top 30 ranking had 27 of the 30 selected to Under Armour Senior All-America Team or Team USA.

It was not brought up but I am willing to bet the majority of the 58 players discussed made their School Girls Team if they tried out.

To Summarize:

Top College Coaches, UA selection committee , School Girl evaluators, Team USA selection committee all appear to identify the same players as being the best.

The girls being discussed are major contributos at their respective schools. Few if any have left the sport.

The facts paint a very different picture than what is spewed on this site by the haters. These players were the top kids in the 8th and 9th grade and they are the top kids now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were underclassman who got All Division that attended, so not sure where that's coming from. Maybe schools were capped at 4 attendees max? As for Facebook page , where is the list there. Section XI?

They were being sarcastic with the Facebook post.

I'm sure if you look you will find more than a few parents posting... ; - )

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A couple simple points that even a stunad like you can understand
1)11. Sam Apuzzo | M | West Babylon (N.Y.) | Boston College
Copied directly from inside lacrosse recruit rankings you dope . So you understand being ranked 11 puts you in the top 58
2) You are responding to several different posters , why he picked 58 I have no idea
3) Your original statement had nothing to do w UA etc was about early recruits not planning out
4) You may be the most uneducated poster out there .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A couple simple points that even a stunad like you can understand
1)11. Sam Apuzzo | M | West Babylon (N.Y.) | Boston College
Copied directly from inside lacrosse recruit rankings you dope . So you understand being ranked 11 puts you in the top 58
2) You are responding to several different posters , why he picked 58 I have no idea
3) Your original statement had nothing to do w UA etc was about early recruits not planning out
4) You may be the most uneducated poster out there .

The posts that started it... Below: Notice the last line,,,

I
So this year's senior class is one of the last of the super early recruiting classes. Share opinions of whether you think the college coaches who committed 9th graders 3 years ago got it right or wrong. I see several top seniors who were overlooked in 9th and 10th grade, but really peaked in 11th and 12th who are not going to top tier lacrosse schools. Certainly in some cases the top college teams got it right with the younger girls, but in my opinion it was pretty much 50% of the early commits had strong junior and senior campaigns and 50% have not quite panned out yet. What do other people think?

The coaches would be beyond thrilled if 50% of the recruits panned out, the real number tops out around 25-30% and sometimes it can be much less. How many times have you heard ND #1 recruiting class in the country or Florida top #3 recruiting class in the country and the have nothing to show for it.
This year ND put the weight of the team on a freshman, what happened to all the studs from the previous three classes? The were not as good as the coach thought they were! Coaches get it wrong at all levels of every sport more often than not, it's nothing more than a calculated guess and a numbers game. How many Heisman trophy winners have had exceptional NFL careers?

I think it’s an impossible subject to comment on as most do not want to post negative things about young women . To say 25-30 % at best pan out is ridiculous as no one really knows what these coaches expectations of these players really was nor what type scholarship they were receiving . I can tell you that of the players from my daughters travel team a greater number panned out than did not .

If there's 30-40 players on any given roster, 15 play meaningful minutes - that's just reality, no bias, nothing negative, just reality and numbers, around 50% (according to Bald Bear) will no longer be playing by senior year. If a coach recruits 8-10 kids they know the majority won't be impact players

The majority of top recruits do pan out. The majority of top recruits at the top programs do not stop playing.

Take a look at this years freshman class the majority of top recruits were impact players at powerhouse programs.

I know many of you want these young women to fail but the reality is the majority of the top recruits go on to have successful college careers.

this is just not true. Looking at the 2015 class, out of the top 50players, maybe 5 panned out to be truly top players. If anyone can come up wit more, prove it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You need to be able to raise a significant amount of money to play on team USA or USA U-19, they expect you to fund raise for them, some borderline(at best) players raised significant funds and made the teams, others didn't choose to fund raise and fell a little short

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Be specific, you talk mostly about accolades they received while still in HS. You talk about the 14 that played on the U-19 out of the 14 1 has been benched, one started to split time with a frosh, one definitely did not live up to expectations ( though her sister is exceeding expectation) 2 are starters on team that are on a down turn (one of which didn't even make tournament this year) and thats just off the top of my head. and just for giggles, the alternate won Tawaarton, a non traditional teawon the tournament with non of your top 58, and the #1 team for most of the year didn't have any either. so maybe UA, Inside lacrosse and schoo lgirls is really just what people, a popularity contest"

You need to be able to raise a significant amount of money to play on team USA or USA U-19, they expect you to fund raise for them, some borderline(at best) players raised significant funds and made the teams, others didn't choose to fund raise and fell a little short

The madness continues...

Are you suggesting that they ask players to fundraise before the team is selected?

I know of 20 parents off the top of my head who would get together and fund the entire cost (travel , hotels, equipment, coaches, you name it...) if that was the criteria for making the team.

I don't think players are asked to fundraise until after they earn a spot on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Be specific, you talk mostly about accolades they received while still in HS. You talk about the 14 that played on the U-19 out of the 14 1 has been benched, one started to split time with a frosh, one definitely did not live up to expectations ( though her sister is exceeding expectation) 2 are starters on team that are on a down turn (one of which didn't even make tournament this year) and thats just off the top of my head. and just for giggles, the alternate won Tawaarton, a non traditional teawon the tournament with non of your top 58, and the #1 team for most of the year didn't have any either. so maybe UA, Inside lacrosse and schoo lgirls is really just what people, a popularity contest"

The madness continues...

Are you suggesting that they ask players to fundraise before the team is selected?

I know of 20 parents off the top of my head who would get together and fund the entire cost (travel , hotels, equipment, coaches, you name it...) if that was the criteria for making the team.

I don't think players are asked to fundraise until after they earn a spot on the team.

Agree. We have a kid in our town that would already be playing on the team if a spot could be bought.

Like Reply Quote
Page 103 of 214 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard