BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 90 of 101 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 100 101
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 long island rankings?

taz
pack
express
tb
igloo a
????????

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

taz
pack
express
tb
igloo a
????????
should be a good one. Igloo a I would say better than TB..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 3 A teams on LI. Taz, WP and Express. That's it. Any of these teams can beat each other on any given weekend. And no there is no animosity between these teams. Bottom line is this is the year that you should move your son to the highest of level team that he can play on. Sitting back and playing on these other teams is a waste of time. Having your son shine on these weaker teams is a joke. When he gets put against these other players shell shock will happen. And if you don't think so look at some of the scores in their tournaments. How can you put a Travel team who loses to town teams in a ranking bracket. I have watched these B\C teams and daddy ball is still in the mix. If that doesn't change everyone else is wasting their time. And yes for those of you who don't think there is high level lacrosse starting at this age you are clueless. Amazing how there are Dads who will always say something doesn't exist when their son cant keep up. Watch out for the guys who stay involved with a team to keep there son from sitting on the sidelines and taking another kids spot on the team that deserves the PT. That's warning #1. They don't see the reality of their situation. All I see is jabbing back and forth here when its real simple. Be realistic with your sons ability..either he should stay where he is or if he has the skills put him with the bigger dogs. stop sheltering. Too much entitlement and "who you know" involved. Either you kid can hang at this point or he cant, stop influencing the outcome.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed on Taz, Express, and WP getting along. At the Millon tourney and other times in the past, they root for the other LI teams vs PA and MD teams. A lot of pride and mutual respect n LI lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

taz
pack
express
tb
igloo a
????????

Not sure how you have Taz ahead of pack.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

taz
pack
express
tb
igloo a
????????

watched both teams this year Igloo better then tb. Igloo is right there with the other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how many kids do teams like WP, TAZ, LI EXPRESS, IGLOO carry ? and how many play ? serious question, just asking ,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

taz
pack
express
tb
igloo a
????????

Not sure how you have Taz ahead of pack.
going by the Fantastic 12. both teams pretty Equal. I have Taz a little better at the moment .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 3 A teams on LI. Taz, WP and Express. That's it. Any of these teams can beat each other on any given weekend. And no there is no animosity between these teams. Bottom line is this is the year that you should move your son to the highest of level team that he can play on. Sitting back and playing on these other teams is a waste of time. Having your son shine on these weaker teams is a joke. When he gets put against these other players shell shock will happen. And if you don't think so look at some of the scores in their tournaments. How can you put a Travel team who loses to town teams in a ranking bracket. I have watched these B\C teams and daddy ball is still in the mix. If that doesn't change everyone else is wasting their time. And yes for those of you who don't think there is high level lacrosse starting at this age you are clueless. Amazing how there are Dads who will always say something doesn't exist when their son cant keep up. Watch out for the guys who stay involved with a team to keep there son from sitting on the sidelines and taking another kids spot on the team that deserves the PT. That's warning #1. They don't see the reality of their situation. All I see is jabbing back and forth here when its real simple. Be realistic with your sons ability..either he should stay where he is or if he has the skills put him with the bigger dogs. stop sheltering. Too much entitlement and "who you know" involved. Either you kid can hang at this point or he cant, stop influencing the outcome.

I would agree but some of these higher level lacrosse teams play daddy ball as well. I would rather my son play on weaker teams than to make one of the top 3 L.I. teams and never get put in the game. Not sure how that is helping your kid. What about the kids who have the skills to play with the bigger dogs, they make the team but not be good enough to make a contribution to the team during game time. Why as a parent would I want to put him on this type of team just for the sake of saying he plays for one of the top 3 teams on the island. Makes no sense. I rather him play than not play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard of some youth club teams carrying as many as 28 players. Which is crazy. I don't how many these 3 carry but I do know that not all players on these teams get quality playing time.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would agree but some of these higher level lacrosse teams play daddy ball as well. I would rather my son play on weaker teams than to make one of the top 3 L.I. teams and never get put in the game. Not sure how that is helping your kid. What about the kids who have the skills to play with the bigger dogs, they make the team but not be good enough to make a contribution to the team during game time. Why as a parent would I want to put him on this type of team just for the sake of saying he plays for one of the top 3 teams on the island. Makes no sense. I rather him play than not play.
Not true. That's where you may be fooling yourself. If your son is good, he will play . I have seen it. You are only fooling yourself by saying your child is good enough but wont get playing time. If a kid is good he will Play. The Higher level teams want to win just the same, and the best players will get on the field. I have seen time and time again kids on B teams not getting playing time. So the statement you made can apply to any level. As far as daddy coaches are concerned.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how many kids do teams like WP, TAZ, LI EXPRESS, IGLOO carry ? and how many play ? serious question, just asking ,
22-24 including 2 goalies. All kids get to play, tougher games they may shorten bench like all teams seem to do. Those teams you need to earn your spot, hope that helps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is way too many players to obtain quality minutes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In a perfect world the best players would play. But we don't live in a perfect world. I have seen plenty of kids who deserve playing time not get it. If my son is good enough to make the strongest team than he should also be good enough to help make a contribution during the game. Not playing everyone in youth lacrosse is stupid. Or just be honest and tell the parent that their son only made the team because they needed practice players.

I will take playing on a weaker team if it means I can get on the field vs playing on a stronger team and not touching the field any day of the week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. That's where you may be fooling yourself. If your son is good, he will play . I have seen it. You are only fooling yourself by saying your child is good enough but wont get playing time. If a kid is good he will Play. The Higher level teams want to win just the same, and the best players will get on the field. I have seen time and time again kids on B teams not getting playing time. So the statement you made can apply to any level. As far as daddy coaches are concerned.

If your kid is on a B team and doesn't get in the game, then you should put your child on a C team or rec team. The point is, your child needs to be on the field to get better and not on the sidelines. You get better by playing not be only watching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your kid is on a B team and doesn't get in the game, then you should put your child on a C team or rec team. The point is, your child needs to be on the field to get better and not on the sidelines. You get better by playing not be only watching.
They get better by Practicing and putting in the time on their own, at home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express has over the last year filled their team with 2023 boys trying to catch the top dawgs, the same as the do at the 2025 level.
grouping them as top of anything is ridiculous..
Try playing by the rules guys...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do get better by practicing on your own, but you also need to get better in game situations at real game speed. Can't practice game situations with a wall or bounce back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do get better by practicing on your own, but you also need to get better in game situations at real game speed. Can't practice game situations with a wall or bounce back.
true , I will agree with you there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolf Pack!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of the teams mentioned here have and will continue to lose to Madlax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Props to the IGLOO B Team playing in an A division at the JC17. Here is a coach that actually gets it. Play better competition to improve or stay in the B Level and win another T-shirt.

Not exactly a loaded A bracket though outside of TB.

Not the point. The point is they put them up to a challenge when they could have played in the B division and ran away with it. The B Division teams were all horrendous.

I could not agree with this statement anymore. What is the point of playing teams you know you can beat. While maybe you don’t want to play the big 4 all the time and get crushed, you have to play up and challenge the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express has over the last year filled their team with 2023 boys trying to catch the top dawgs, the same as the do at the 2025 level.

ummmm....what?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax plays Taz in Saturday. Time to put up or shut up Mad Daddy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ummmm....what?

at least 3-4 kids not wsyl eligible. Schwalje and junior stink anyway so doesn't matter

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
was LI Express North at Stony Brook this past weekend or is that a different team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ummmm....what?

at least 3-4 kids not wsyl eligible. Schwalje and junior stink anyway so doesn't matter

Give the guy a break, he’s still learning the kids names

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ummmm....what?

Really, you know this for a fact how? You're the reason being registered to post was good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M. A. D. L. A. X.

M.

A.

D.

L.

A.

X.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ummmm....what?

He is referring to the speculation that Express has 2023's on the team that plan on reclassifying next year but are still in 7th grade this year. Just what I heard, I don't have kids birth certificate or report cards.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ummmm....what?

Really, you know this for a fact how? You're the reason being registered to post was good.

Because lax circles are small and certain towns in nassau county are even smaller

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ummmm....what?

He is referring to the speculation that Express has 2023's on the team that plan on reclassifying next year but are still in 7th grade this year. Just what I heard, I don't have kids birth certificate or report cards.

Every team on LI has 2-4 kids that repeated a grade...vast majority when they were younger. And for other reasons then lacrosse. Every single team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some interesting scores on Tourney Machine from NAL this weekend. Some big time match ups.

Pool Play
Madlax 5, Legacy 4
T91MD 9, Hawks 0

Semis
Madlax 6, Bethesda 5
Legacy 6, T91MD 0

Finals
Madlax 6, Legacy 5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wolfpack champs!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ummmm....what?

Every team on LI has 2-4 kids that repeated a grade...vast majority when they were younger. And for other reasons then lacrosse. Every single team.

All the boys on the Schwalje team are wsyl eligible. Fix the few gaps and they win it next year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax killed it. Again. No shock there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wolfpack champs!

I wouldn't even put WP in the top 5. They lost to 91 MD and Legacy at Fantastic 12 and went home early. Barely beat Freedom and Brotherly Love. Didn't they lose to Hawks in the NLF championship? I would put 91 MD, Madlax, Taz, Bethesda, and Hawks ahead of Wolfpack.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i was shocked to see legacy taz- beat 91 maryland 6-0 this past weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax killed it. Again. No shock there.
Nothing away from MADLAX. , they are a great team. Well coached. The Refs robbed Bethesda. some really good Lax, but they need to find Refs that know how to call games.

Page 90 of 101 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 100 101

Link Copied to Clipboard