BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 124 of 264 1 2 122 123 124 125 126 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Each year the coaches meet and give a review of returners at that meeting one could determine who goes in, but if you want a true indication, have a flex schedule so team's making a run can be included and play a team in the power conference. In A Riverhead and Bay Shore could be seen as top 5 teams. They were both young and return a boat load with experience.

SE is a good example, will they be a top 5 team the next two years? Doubt it. Don't go by history, go by what their future looks like.

I know I have a sleeper team next year, just like Islip this year ( sleeper in the sense of a one off, not sleeper in team just showed up, many knew Islip would prove well).

To many 2019 has started. WM will be favored, Suffolk will be favored.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nassau
GC
Set
Pequa
CSH
Toss up between syo/dale

Suffolk
WM
Islip
SE
SW
WI
Class B and C have no other teams that would be a threat.

Throw ants and Cham in there, and you will have a true LI champion. About 12 teams in total, 8 make the playoffs. Thoughts?

So basically those teams/schools/communities have a slim shot at a State Championship every year. Playing a brutal schedule to hopefully win 4 games. Sounds like fun

Mt Sinai is definitely better than SE and right there with Islip.

So you picked the ONE down year SE has had over the last 10 (because they are an extremely young team) to prop up Mt Sinai? Overall SE is a better lacrosse program and needs to be included over Mt.

Yes, in the posters “imaginary” super league. Come on dude. It’s as legit as a cartoon. Who cares, I think it should be a league of Unicorns and dragons, both scenarios are equal, because neither will ever happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The one consistent thing in this sport is the jealousy and bitterness. Talking to a guy who's kids never developed into decent athletes all he can to is try to diminish the accomplishments of other kids. It is really sad. Looks to find fault with the best academic schools in the country while trying to elevate the school his older ones attend (average school) non-athletes (were not strong in HS ) . knows very little but thinks he is an expert.

One of the people who are rooting against the kids who excell. Sad

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Congratulations are due to all the boys who played their hearts out this season.

Long Island can be very proud with its success this year at the state tournament.

Class A Champions Ward Melville (sec 11) wins it 15-2 over West Genesse

Class B Champions Garden City (sec 8) wins it 7-6 over Victor

Class C Champions Islip (sec 11) 9-3 over Westhill

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The one consistent thing in this sport is the jealousy and bitterness. Talking to a guy who's kids never developed into decent athletes all he can to is try to diminish the accomplishments of other kids. It is really sad. Looks to find fault with the best academic schools in the country while trying to elevate the school his older ones attend (average school) non-athletes (were not strong in HS ) . knows very little but thinks he is an expert.

One of the people who are rooting against the kids who excell. Sad

What???

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Dickie Dunn
Capt Underpants Team with an embarrassing loss... Where were all those big time commits and the AA? I guess they all vaporized under the pressure.

Sad.

Please log in, send me a PM and we can discuss at great detail your obsession with Syosset and my son, I would be willing to bet that you are not a random anonymous poster from another town that just hates Syo but rather a Syo parent not happy with who plays and who doesn't/didn't.

Call me if you would like 516.330.5485 would love to chat

-Peter O.

I just wanted to go back and check this post to make sure I gave my correct phone number (I did) yet shockingly I have not heard from this person yet.

Congratulations WM - GC - Islip on great seasons and I hope everyone (except this keyboard touch guy) has a great summer

I tried to capture the spirit of the thing
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau
GC
Set
Pequa
CSH
Toss up between syo/dale

Suffolk
WM
Islip
SE
SW
WI
Class B and C have no other teams that would be a threat.

Throw ants and Cham in there, and you will have a true LI champion. About 12 teams in total, 8 make the playoffs. Thoughts?

So basically those teams/schools/communities have a slim shot at a State Championship every year. Playing a brutal schedule to hopefully win 4 games. Sounds like fun

Mt Sinai is definitely better than SE and right there with Islip.

So you picked the ONE down year SE has had over the last 10 (because they are an extremely young team) to prop up Mt Sinai? Overall SE is a better lacrosse program and needs to be included over Mt.

Slim shot to make the state final, yes. But, sounds like your team or whoever you root for is scared to enter. Many of these teams if not all would love the competition, throws away all of these terrible games the kids don’t want to play in. Ask any of these coaches or players this it what they want. I totally agree with the teams this guy put out there should be no arguments about them. All these kids play club on different teams together and now finally get to see who is the best, no matter the class size.

Sounds like your school or whoever YOU root for is the #5-8 team in their conference and need to get rid of the big dogs to get a sniff of a Conference Championship, why don’t you move to a town with a winner? Or is yours not good enough to get on the field at one of those schools?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Capt Underpants Team with an embarrassing loss... Where were all those big time commits and the AA? I guess they all vaporized under the pressure.

Sad.

Please log in, send me a PM and we can discuss at great detail your obsession with Syosset and my son, I would be willing to bet that you are not a random anonymous poster from another town that just hates Syo but rather a Syo parent not happy with who plays and who doesn't/didn't.

-Peter O.

I just wanted to go back and check this post to make sure I gave my correct phone number (I did) yet shockingly I have not heard from this person yet.

Congratulations WM - GC - Islip on great seasons and I hope everyone (except this keyboard touch guy) has a great summer

Love this, thx Pete ! I know a lot of us wish we knew who this complete coward is and u made the fact that he is a coward completely obvious . Calling out and constantly making fun of kids & then can’t man up himself after all the trash talk. I don’t think it’s a Syo parent, think it’s a jealous dad from a town that can’t beat Syo but I guess we’ll never know

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Conference championships and power conferences are a great idea. Adding St. Anthony's and Chaminade into that isnt a bad idea, but not necessary. IMHO, if you do that their lax programs may steadily decrease. (bring on all the comments of the kids who would have went to the school anyway, Chaminade maybe!) I think it is only a bonus for the publics to play them. I also believe the top Publics should play at least one of them.

I think the biggest point of all of this is, you just dont bless teams solely on their history, but rather, rank them on what is in the pipeline for that coming year. The coaches and kids know who will be good or at least contenders.

Connetquot is a great example. They were real good the last 4 years one of the best in Suffolk A. not sure how the next two years will be.

One could say the same about Smithtown East, will they be good or will they be in the muck and in a dog fight for the 3rd spot and wind up in the ninth spot. They have talent all over but so does upstart Riverhead. Young Goalie with an experienced D returning. Good fogo with some offensive threats. How do you Pick SE over Riverhead? Then you have Bay Shore and West Islip (talk about history), both with great goalie play, returning impact defenders and various offensive weapons. Not sure how you can pick SE over any of those 3 teams. That is why you play the games

The only two i think you can bless as Power Conference teams in A will be Ward Melville and Smithtown West, but again that is because they have returning talent. That doesnt mean the rest of the division will be weak, I think it will be the closest race in years with the top 6 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Instead of your power conference create a tournament of champions like they have in NJ.
Class A v. Class D
Class B v. Class C
Winners play each other
Winner of that game plays catholic champ
There is your true NY State Cham.
IMHO it would of been a rematch between WM and nade

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the All American, All County etc. Players posted now that the season is over.

Whats with Newsdays All Long island team Nassau player of the year selection?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Where are the All American, All County etc. Players posted now that the season is over.

I believe it can be found on NCLCA page or Nassau County Lacrosse Coaches Association

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw the write ups of 2019 and 2020 "standouts" from this past weekends Main Event in LI. I have always been curious how these self proclaimed recruiting "experts" can see so 50+ games and form an honest, subjective evaluation. My theory is 1) the club coaches feed them info on guys they want to promote or 2) they happen to catch a player doing something great during the half they happen to be on the sidelines and they get mentioned as having a great overall tournament. Something doesnt add up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game

I believe it can be found on NCLCA page or Nassau County Lacrosse Coaches Association

No

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw the write ups of 2019 and 2020 "standouts" from this past weekends Main Event in LI. I have always been curious how these self proclaimed recruiting "experts" can see so 50+ games and form an honest, subjective evaluation. My theory is 1) the club coaches feed them info on guys they want to promote or 2) they happen to catch a player doing something great during the half they happen to be on the sidelines and they get mentioned as having a great overall tournament. Something doesnt add up.

Where were there write up on the standouts. Just curious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HHH HSE has to make this list, among the best teams in Suffolk and in the nation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On the NLF twitter feed. They control their own social media and which players get written up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HHH HSE has to make this list, among the best teams in Suffolk and in the nation.

Is there a new team HSE?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On the NLF twitter feed. They control their own social media and which players get written up.

Will they be overhyping the double holdback that got all country, and then brag “he’s only in 8th grade” too? Give me a break with this nonsense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to all the boys who competed this year ! Shout out to the State Championship Teams.

Congrats to all who earned recognition:

All-Division
All-County
All-Long Island
US Lacrosse All-American
UA All-American

Good luck to all who are going to play at the next level.

Good luck to all the underclassmen this summer and next year.

Great year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will they be overhyping the double holdback that got all country, and then brag “he’s only in 8th grade” too? Give me a break with this nonsense

He won't be able to play NYS public school sports as senior since his 19th birthday is before he graduates... karma

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to all the boys who competed this year ! Shout out to the State Championship Teams.

All-Division
All-County
All-Long Island
US Lacrosse All-American
UA All-American

Great year!

Yes, good luck to all, but I have to give a "way to go" to one boy in particular. Of all the things I heard last night, and many had amazing credentials - That one boy, and take nothing away from the other Academic All-American's, but that one kid, the moderator could have just did a mike drop after announcing his name.

I dont know the kid, but sure seemed like he is going places ,very impressed with his list of achievements!!! Now that is getting it done "on and off" the field. He got plenty of on field accolades too but what I took away was his academics. Nice to see all those boys get rewarded for their classroom performance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All-Division
All-County
All-Long Island
US Lacrosse All-American
UA All-American

Great year!

Yes, good luck to all, but I have to give a "way to go" to one boy in particular. Of all the things I heard last night, and many had amazing credentials - That one boy, and take nothing away from the other Academic All-American's, but that one kid, the moderator could have just did a mike drop after announcing his name.

I dont know the kid, but sure seemed like he is going places ,very impressed with his list of achievements!!! Now that is getting it done "on and off" the field. He got plenty of on field accolades too but what I took away was his academics. Nice to see all those boys get rewarded for their classroom performance.

Can someone please tell me how Syo gets 2 A American on Defense, gave up 99 goals in 17 games. Pequa 82 goals in 17 games? and beat them twice

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All-Division
All-County
All-Long Island
US Lacrosse All-American
UA All-American

Great year!

Can someone please tell me how Syo gets 2 A American on Defense, gave up 99 goals in 17 games. Pequa 82 goals in 17 games? and beat them twice

You do know your coach sits down with all the other coaches and determines these awards.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is bias going on there is always politicics involved
It is under fortunate but it the way of the world.
No way around it

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
No way around it

The same as the Long Island Showcase. If your coach wasn't there, you had no chance of making it. They even put the kids who they knew they didn't want on the second field with nobody looking at them. It is incredible at how biased they can be, and still ask for your money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Colts21
No way around it

The same as the Long Island Showcase. If your coach wasn't there, you had no chance of making it. They even put the kids who they knew they didn't want on the second field with nobody looking at them. It is incredible at how biased they can be, and still ask for your money.

My son's coach was not there, and he made it through.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Colts21
No way around it

My son's coach was not there, and he made it through.

Long Island Showcase is such a b.s. event. True money grab. Let's put it this way, if your coach is coaching at the event you have much greater odds of making the team. Its really embarrassing how they show their bias right out in the open for everyone to see. Those involved should be embarrassed!! Dont waste your money on this event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does someone get all county when they shoot 20 for 250

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Daddy ball, thats how. 90% of all these "All Counties" crash and burn come college. Look at the stats.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sad.

-Peter O.

hey [ChillLaxin] e how about this. your son plays on a b team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about the Nassau player of the year 34 points and not even the leading scorer or assist man on his team and let alone was only in top 20 of Private schools and didnt even crack top 45 in Nassau public schools. Its the same thing for a goalie who has a save percentage under 50% and he gets all county.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you are going to call out things at least call out the school or coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sad.

-Peter O.

You should be embarrassed by this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Daddy ball, thats how. 90% of all these "All Counties" crash and burn come college. Look at the stats.

Can you show some facts about 90% of all County players fail? I looked and couldn’t find it. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sad.

-Peter O.

You should be embarrassed by this.

syosset varsity is in the championship game at laxfest!!! congrats.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah in the B division...lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about the Nassau player of the year 34 points and not even the leading scorer or assist man on his team and let alone was only in top 20 of Private schools and didnt even crack top 45 in Nassau public schools. Its the same thing for a goalie who has a save percentage under 50% and he gets all county.

Stupid statement by a stupid person.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All County has nothing to do nor does it predict success at the next level - also stats are part of the story but unless you see the team play you can not judge a players worth to the team, many two way middies have great season without great statistics - many Heisman Trophy winners do not have great NFL careers it does not mean that they were not the best college player that year. There are so many All County players it is inevitable that many will not have "great" college careers it does not take away from their high school careers. IMHO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stupid statement by a stupid person.

Ok I will bite. What's so stupid about what was said . There were players who had more points and played a more important role on his own team. 2 players had more points on his own team 1 had the same. There were 15 players in the Privates that had more points than him. Now on the Nassau public side there were over 40 players with more points and a few who won it all in their respective divisions. Usually the player who wins Nassau Player of the Year has done something.

Like Reply Quote
Page 124 of 264 1 2 122 123 124 125 126 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard