BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 38 of 48 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 47 48
Re: Boys 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the camp in early july is not for tryouts. tryouts are july 23-25

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Early July was a mistype. We are talking about tryout camp July 23-25.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's what we are talking about. The Tryout Camp during the 3rd week of July. 15 hours of evaluation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s not only a tryout, it’s a camp as well 😂😂. I’m sure it will be money well spent.

Both the 91 camp and the Legacy groupon is a marketing ploy. You should all realise by now that the club team is a business.

Legacy is clearly trying to maximize the number of people trying out. Figuring if more try out they end up making the same money anyway. And they have more talent to choose from for their team. It obviously works for them, because they do the groupon every year.

If you look at 91 past tryout schedules they spent 15 hours to cover tryouts for 8 grades. Plus an additional 3 hrs for the top 2 oldest grades.
So essentially they figured out if they did the grades as a camp for 3 days at 5 hours each day, they could just split up the coaches for the drills and charge more for each kid because now its a camp. And it may attract more people because it may cost $165 instead of $100 but their kid gets to be at a camp for 3 days. Actually its a pretty good deal if you ask me. The risk is they may lose peopke trying out who cant committ to a 3 day camp.But honestly if someone is serious, they will just contact 91 and Im sure they will arrange another way for a kid to tryout. The big question is since the camp is in early July, is 91 going to put out their roster and commitment date before Express and Legacys tryouts. Essentially trying to grab the talent early. That could backfire. Igloo tried that last year, and seemed to be scrounging for players this year.

Okay, so camp value, I agree. But impoving tryout results, I don't. I have been involved with this for years as a parent (it used be Sept on a Sat/Sun). And best kids were always picked...somehow.... However, this a copycat business and now other clubs will follow and do the same thing. The best way to do this, since its going this way, is to hold a tryout camp and then on day 2 separate the kids into groups based on ability. And let kids in lower groups play their way back into the top group. Express and 91 used to do something similar, however, the lower groups were like cast offs and basically felt cut already. Also, how about the clubs providing a grading sheet for eachildren player? Let each kid know where he stands and let him know what he does well and what needs improvement. e.g. weak off hand skills, good lax IQ, strong footwork, etc. Develop the categories and give feedback. Do that, and I would send my son to the 91 camp (and we have no plans of playing for 91) just for the feedback evaluation and extra lax.

I think you have to be careful since you are making this a camp about seperating the kids in the different grades based on ability. I think you shoulo dbt do that for drill evaluations, because its not necessary. And the weaker kids can learn a lot from the more experienced kids. But you can do that for scrimmages. After all, 91 (just like Express) wants to create AA, A, and B teams in each grade level ideally. So start thinking during the drills where the kids fit, so in scrimmages you can create those teams and see how they mesh.

I 100% agree with you about grading sheet evaluations. 91 cant "talk the talk" about bringing tryouts to a new level by creating a camp without "walking the walk" and actually evaluating each player who comes to their camp abd providing written feedback to parents at the end. All good camps do this. And honestly it would help for the 91 teams moving forward. Because those evaluations can be given to the team coaches moving forward into the season, so they can continue to assess the kids on the team and provide feedback and suggestions. This way you will have club teans doing essentially what there purpose is, to not just absorb talented kids but actually to develop all their players into top athletes. The winning of tournaments will happen naturally with that focus, 91 can then truly take credit for kids who receive college commitments in the future, and parents will be far more satisfied with their teams, plus coaches will have the backup for the playing decisions they make and should be able to control parents better.

In reality, all teams should consider doing the camp scenario. It probably will be far better. And if they do it right, people will gravitate towards these organizations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels is the next organization to do tryout camp. But cant make heads or tails of what it is???
Take a look:
https://rebelslc.leagueapps.com/events/663481-rebels-lacrosse-club-tryouts

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloos tryout dates have been announced as well. Although strangely they are calling it a tryout camp when its really just the normal 2 days of 2 hour tryouts.
http://igloolacrosse.siplay.com/site/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Express has also announced tryout dates. But limited info. No idea what grades will be held on each if the dates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s not only a tryout, it’s a camp as well 😂😂. I’m sure it will be money well spent.

Both the 91 camp and the Legacy groupon is a marketing ploy. You should all realise by now that the club team is a business.

Legacy is clearly trying to maximize the number of people trying out. Figuring if more try out they end up making the same money anyway. And they have more talent to choose from for their team. It obviously works for them, because they do the groupon every year.

If you look at 91 past tryout schedules they spent 15 hours to cover tryouts for 8 grades. Plus an additional 3 hrs for the top 2 oldest grades.
So essentially they figured out if they did the grades as a camp for 3 days at 5 hours each day, they could just split up the coaches for the drills and charge more for each kid because now its a camp. And it may attract more people because it may cost $165 instead of $100 but their kid gets to be at a camp for 3 days. Actually its a pretty good deal if you ask me. The risk is they may lose peopke trying out who cant committ to a 3 day camp.But honestly if someone is serious, they will just contact 91 and Im sure they will arrange another way for a kid to tryout. The big question is since the camp is in early July, is 91 going to put out their roster and commitment date before Express and Legacys tryouts. Essentially trying to grab the talent early. That could backfire. Igloo tried that last year, and seemed to be scrounging for players this year.

I'd give them the $165 + $100 extra to not have to waste 3 days of my kid's life in a stupid camp over the summer when the season is over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd give them the $165 + $100 extra to not have to waste 3 days of my kid's life in a stupid camp over the summer when the season is over.

You dont have to pay anything. Dont try out for 91. Simple.

For the rest of us getting a lacrosse camp which many of our kids attend somewhere anyway because our kids love to play lacrosse year round "even after the season is over" is a win win. We actually save time because we dont have to alot time for tryout dates.

But for you, better yet, stick to just PAL. This way you dont have to pay much at all and you dont as you put it "waste" your time having your kid play lacrosse more than a few months a year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay, so camp value, I agree. But impoving tryout results, I don't. I have been involved with this for years as a parent (it used be Sept on a Sat/Sun). And best kids were always picked...somehow.... However, this a copycat business and now other clubs will follow and do the same thing. The best way to do this, since its going this way, is to hold a tryout camp and then on day 2 separate the kids into groups based on ability. And let kids in lower groups play their way back into the top group. Express and 91 used to do something similar, however, the lower groups were like cast offs and basically felt cut already. Also, how about the clubs providing a grading sheet for eachildren player? Let each kid know where he stands and let him know what he does well and what needs improvement. e.g. weak off hand skills, good lax IQ, strong footwork, etc. Develop the categories and give feedback. Do that, and I would send my son to the 91 camp (and we have no plans of playing for 91) just for the feedback evaluation and extra lax.

I think you have to be careful since you are making this a camp about seperating the kids in the different grades based on ability. I think you shoulo dbt do that for drill evaluations, because its not necessary. And the weaker kids can learn a lot from the more experienced kids. But you can do that for scrimmages. After all, 91 (just like Express) wants to create AA, A, and B teams in each grade level ideally. So start thinking during the drills where the kids fit, so in scrimmages you can create those teams and see how they mesh.

I 100% agree with you about grading sheet evaluations. 91 cant "talk the talk" about bringing tryouts to a new level by creating a camp without "walking the walk" and actually evaluating each player who comes to their camp abd providing written feedback to parents at the end. All good camps do this. And honestly it would help for the 91 teams moving forward. Because those evaluations can be given to the team coaches moving forward into the season, so they can continue to assess the kids on the team and provide feedback and suggestions. This way you will have club teans doing essentially what there purpose is, to not just absorb talented kids but actually to develop all their players into top athletes. The winning of tournaments will happen naturally with that focus, 91 can then truly take credit for kids who receive college commitments in the future, and parents will be far more satisfied with their teams, plus coaches will have the backup for the playing decisions they make and should be able to control parents better.

In reality, all teams should consider doing the camp scenario. It probably will be far better. And if they do it right, people will gravitate towards these organizations.

Thanks for the reply. Any format is fine is I guess as long as it's run well. But the individual evaluation emailed to each parent is needed and can clear up the rose colored glasses. Because parents will cheer when a kid sqeezes through a double and scores on a low percentage shot, when the all the evaler was looking for was the kid to pass to an open guy when he drew the double or winning a ground and immediately looking to move the ball and his feet. Goals are nice, but they are looking for everything else. I have heard it in the past. My kid scored 3 goals in the scrimmage at tryouts and they put him on the B team. Why?... because lax IQ at this point is average, stops his feet in traffic, no confidience in his off hand, and does not go after groundballa aggressively. If it's honest true it should be accepted and clubs should be willing to develop. Makes a better prodect, makes happier parents, and yeah kids improve and have fun.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the reply. Any format is fine is I guess as long as it's run well. But the individual evaluation emailed to each parent is needed and can clear up the rose colored glasses. Because parents will cheer when a kid sqeezes through a double and scores on a low percentage shot, when the all the evaler was looking for was the kid to pass to an open guy when he drew the double or winning a ground and immediately looking to move the ball and his feet. Goals are nice, but they are looking for everything else. I have heard it in the past. My kid scored 3 goals in the scrimmage at tryouts and they put him on the B team. Why?... because lax IQ at this point is average, stops his feet in traffic, no confidience in his off hand, and does not go after groundballa aggressively. If it's honest true it should be accepted and clubs should be willing to develop. Makes a better prodect, makes happier parents, and yeah kids improve and have fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who are the rebels lacrosse? is this a new organization?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup. Appears to be new. There was a Rebels lacrosse years ago but not since 2013.

This seems to be created by Blatant Athletics. Promising a lot and charging a lot. For a new club who has to build a name, they are going to find it difficult when they are charging the same as the top clubs.
https://www.rebelslc.com/about-us

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup. Appears to be new. There was a Rebels lacrosse years ago but not since 2013.

This seems to be created by Blatant Athletics. Promising a lot and charging a lot. For a new club who has to build a name, they are going to find it difficult when they are charging the same as the top clubs.

Look at the staff.
All Legacy coaches.
Does not bode well for Legacy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the staff.
All Legacy coaches.

I believe it's Blatant. Which likely means it's a Brennan run club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the staff.
All Legacy coaches.

Legacy shot themselves in the foot with their new coaching decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's their new coaching decision?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats going on with the fighting ducks?? Heard they are splitting up and a bunch of coaches and directors are starting a new team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats going on with the fighting ducks?? Heard they are splitting up and a bunch of coaches and directors are starting a new team.

Fighting Ducks are a 91/Dynamic Sports franchise. With that comes both the good and the bad. I wonder if this has something to do with it, to the extent this rumor is even true. In any event, I thought the Ducks were able to get good teams going in a relatively short time, and their top 2025 team was good.

This is just an educated guess, but it would seem to me that there would be more complications being a franchisee on the Island (i.e. in the same area as the parent club) than there would be in other places (for example, 91 Tristate in Westchester).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whats the name of the new team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the staff.
All Legacy coaches.

Legacy shot themselves in the foot with their new coaching decision.

There is a lot more than that assistant daddy coach. The real issue was the Legacy organization for the whole year not hiring anyone to help the head coach.

Geese has a great head coach. But had no support. You cant tout yourself as one of the top teams, charge that price level, and not invest in your team.

The top teams like 91 and Express have head coaches, Defense coaches, and then assistant coaches (who are often dads of players).

The dad assistant coach stepped up where there was a need. And many of the parents had preformed an opinion regarding him due to their contacts with some 91 parents prior.
This doesnt mean that the 91 experience with this coach may not have been less than positive.
But it also doesnt mean the Legacy experience has to be negative. Especially when the guy is stepping in filling a real need thats not being supplied by the organization.

Regardless, Legacy can still come out of this. 91 is a perfect example from last year to this year regarding coaching.

Legacy can still rectify this if it invests in coaching staff, and it will be actually an opportunity possibly for talent to come in and have a chance at a spot on the team.

Time will only tell how its handled.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Look at the staff.
All Legacy coaches.

Sorry, Mike Brennan they are talking about is the one from Outlaws, not Michael Brennan from Legacy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by 631lax58

Look at the staff.
All Legacy coaches.

Sorry, Mike Brennan they are talking about is the one from Outlaws, not Michael Brennan from Legacy.

Fran Whitehouse is from Legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by 631lax58

Look at the staff.
All Legacy coaches.

Michael Brennan from Outlaws is a board member and coach.
Outlaws seems to have had a difficult year not performing well and with trying to find players mid season.
I wonder if Outlaws is folding and trying to reinvent themselves under a new name?
Or is Brennan just splitting from them and creating new club, tying it to Blatant which he owns.
Either way he is promising way too much and charging way too much fir a first year team who us trying to recruit players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the Golden Geese exist next year ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to say I like that they are up front with the price. On 91 after all the training fall and winter I’m paying WAY more than what rebels charging.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels Lacrosse Club is owned by Blatant Athletics, and is not affiliated with the Outlaws. This is a new club starting this fall. I agree that we are promising a lot, and we will deliver even more.

Please feel free to call the office 516-586-8162 or shoot us an email to info@rebelsLC.com ... we are all about communication and transparency.

-Mike Brennan

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the Golden Geese exist next year ?

Thats just a stupid comment.
Thats like asking last year if Blast would exist this year. And of course it does. And it made the necessary coaching changes. And its better than ever.
Legacy will smarten up and get past this also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to say I like that they are up front with the price. On 91 after all the training fall and winter I’m paying WAY more than what rebels charging.

What was not included in the 91 price except box lacrosse and the helmet.
No program includes box lacrosse. And although the helmet is questionable, thats it. Winter training was included in the 91 price. Not sure what you think your getting from any other club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels Lacrosse Club is owned by Blatant Athletics, and is not affiliated with the Outlaws. This is a new club starting this fall. I agree that we are promising a lot, and we will deliver even more.

Please feel free to call the office 516-586-8162 or shoot us an email to info@rebelsLC.com ... we are all about communication and transparency.

-Mike Brennan

Kudos to you. Nice job and best of luck with the club. Been through the cycle with 3 kids and I can tell you in retrospect, I would value coaching commitment, right sized rosters, and communication the most important things. And winning, I'll be a realist.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was not included in the 91 price except box lacrosse and the helmet.
No program includes box lacrosse. And although the helmet is questionable, thats it. Winter training was included in the 91 price. Not sure what you think your getting from any other club.

I agree. The only thing extra I paid for was box and that had nothing to do with 91. It’s the opposite, because the 91 club wasn’t even involved in what the team did with box. No one was forced to do box and some families didn’t. No one had to buy a helmet, the new Geese kids don’t have them. Fact is, if you didn’t want to pay for the extras you’d only have paid your tuition at this point. Can’t be more upfront than that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happen at NLF yesterday. Last two NLFs someone lost in the semis before they could get to Chan

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happen at NLF yesterday. Last two NLFs someone lost in the semis before they could get to Chan

I thought it was a great tournament. Al the games were good. Makes all the kids better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laxachusetts and Chan in the final. Chan won 7-5. Good, mostly close games all around at the 2025. Should be some great lacrosse this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They soften them up for you so Chan doesn't have to really shorten the bench. Say thanks, your son got to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Chan money train never stops .... wait until you got to tourneys and you see kids on sideline that you have never seen before

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They soften them up for you so Chan doesn't have to really shorten the bench. Say thanks, your son got to play.

You all need to wake up and look in the mirror. 91 and Chan are doing the exact same antics and you are all falling for it.
- both are overloaded
- both take kids from other teams mid season
- Coaches on both care about winning more than about developing their kids
- Both make promises to parents at the beginning of the season to get people to sign on, and then do whatever they want
- Both play shallow and not deep, so you fail to actually develop your team for the long run

What this weekend proved is neither of you are really superior. You both played flat in the first half of your games, and relied on keeping benches super tight to try to catch up. While the other teams rotated their entire team.

What does this mean? It means in the long run your both going to be passed by since your first line players are not that phenomenal since both teams were struggling.
The teams that play with depth and develop all their players will be the winners as the kids get older, and when it really counts.
Because it doesnt count now. Their in 5th grade. 5 years from being looked at by colleges. 7 years from college. Wake up. Your wasting their childhood and only lining the pockets of the owners of the organizations.

And this tournament showed there is plenty of competition outside of Long Island. Nepotism is your worst enemy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You all need to wake up and look in the mirror. 91 and Chan are doing the exact same antics and you are all falling for it.
- both are overloaded
- Both make promises to parents at the beginning of the season to get people to sign on, and then do whatever they want
- Both play shallow and not deep, so you fail to actually develop your team for the long run

What this weekend proved is neither of you are really superior. You both played flat in the first half of your games, and relied on keeping benches super tight to try to catch up. While the other teams rotated their entire team.

What does this mean? It means in the long run your both going to be passed by since your first line players are not that phenomenal since both teams were struggling.
The teams that play with depth and develop all their players will be the winners as the kids get older, and when it really counts.
Because it doesnt count now. Their in 5th grade. 5 years from being looked at by colleges. 7 years from college. Wake up. Your wasting their childhood and only lining the pockets of the owners of the organizations.

And this tournament showed there is plenty of competition outside of Long Island. Nepotism is your worst enemy.

You should take your son off whichever team he’s playing in, Express or 91. I’m assuming your son is in one of these teams since you have such vast knowledge of the teams. Anyways, you should find a new team you seem really angry and bitter. Good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

- both are overloaded

You should take your son off whichever team he’s playing in, Express or 91. I’m assuming your son is in one of these teams since you have such vast knowledge of the teams. Anyways, you should find a new team you seem really angry and bitter. Good luck

Maybe. Or maybe Im on one of the teams you played yesterday and gave you a run for your money. Or maybe im not on any of the teams.
But thanks for acknowledging that what I said was correct.
It foesnt take a brain scientist to figure it out. You really dont need girst hand knowledge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

- both are overloaded

By the way, the only person showing themselves to be bitter is parents on either of your teams who feel a constant need to talk crap about each other.
Dont deflect your own issues on the person who held up the mirror because your scared of your own reflection.
If you dont want people outside to have vast knowledge about your organisations than stop putting it all over the forums as you try to one up each other with the insults back and forth acting like teenagers.
Leave the forums for what they are created for, so people can exchange beneficial information about youth lacrosse. Not to have to wade through your drivel.

Page 38 of 48 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard