BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,636
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Boys 2021 - 9th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any truth to the rumor that VLC is looking to shore up weaknesses by luring kids away from other clubs? Which positions?

Well I think it depends on how you define "luring" kids away? All teams at this level will take a kid later on if he is good enough. Your sons roster spot is his but they never promise to keep the total number of kids on a team the same all 12 months. VLC has been known to carry larger rosters if the kids parents allow it

VLC 2021 totally re-tooled this past year, cutting many kids who were with the program for awhile. Shame, these kids seemed to have been developing well, just late bloomers. Instead the club picked up a lot of big kids, thinking size was everything. According to the fall tourney results, it would appear to have been a real miscalculation.

LOL. Either you are a parent of someone who was cut, or someone who has no idea who was on the team previously. Team needs more work, but the people who were cut are not/will not be better players than their replacements. The kids who were cut had been there for 1-2 years, not "awhile". I saw them in the summer and they were dreadful. My kid knows a few of the replacements, and they are all upgrades.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Latest 2018 Defenseman to commit to Towson did so about 2 months ago, nearly half way through his senior year.

Here are his stats:
- He is a legit 2018, summer birthday, perfect candidate to hold-back. ("OMG what a disadvantage")

- He played on FCA's "2nd" Team for most of his high school club lax until the 1st and 2nd team combined last year. ("OMG He'll never get the exposure")

- He played JV at a MIAA school through the 10th grade. ("OMG he will never be taken seriously by D1 recruiters")

He got better, worked hard, and kept his chin up. Now's he's committed to play for a team that made the final 4 last year.

If you are good enough .... they will find you. No excuses. Not for 2018s and not for 2021s.

Wow. Way to bring this thread back to life with pointless drivel. Thanks!! Good thing for lacrosse. He would have never gotten into Towson without it!!

Dont be talking about Teachers College like that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to the rumor that VLC is looking to shore up weaknesses by luring kids away from other clubs? Which positions?

Well I think it depends on how you define "luring" kids away? All teams at this level will take a kid later on if he is good enough. Your sons roster spot is his but they never promise to keep the total number of kids on a team the same all 12 months. VLC has been known to carry larger rosters if the kids parents allow it

VLC 2021 totally re-tooled this past year, cutting many kids who were with the program for awhile. Shame, these kids seemed to have been developing well, just late bloomers. Instead the club picked up a lot of big kids, thinking size was everything. According to the fall tourney results, it would appear to have been a real miscalculation.

LOL. Either you are a parent of someone who was cut, or someone who has no idea who was on the team previously. Team needs more work, but the people who were cut are not/will not be better players than their replacements. The kids who were cut had been there for 1-2 years, not "awhile". I saw them in the summer and they were dreadful. My kid knows a few of the replacements, and they are all upgrades.

VLC 2021 has to many Public school kids they will never be Elite !!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought you get in to Towson if the application check clears. Who knew.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought you get in to Towson if the application check clears. Who knew.

No..not true, They give you one bounced check and then it must clear next time, Stop spreading rumors

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like next level joined the cheating game. 4 of my son’s classmates joined the team (three are new for the summer). Problem is they are finsishing their sophomore years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like next level joined the cheating game. 4 of my son’s classmates joined the team (three are new for the summer). Problem is they are finsishing their sophomore years

Lacrosse top clubs are run by people with no morals, ethnics, or class. all they want is $$$$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lacrosse top clubs are run by people with no morals, ethnics, or class. all they want is $$$$.

Unfortunately what you say is somewhat true. The top clubs mission it seems is to make the owner enough money running their club and/or tournaments or some recruiting events. Really has become a money game to many.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard