BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is looking good for the Millon National Championship today?

Igloo and Hawks already have a loss.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I do love to see how the Madlax haters for life like to bash Madlax. One post is they are a dying club the next is they have to many players wanting to play on the team. Even if his sons are the worst 2 of the starting 10 players the other 8 starters will be loving the perks of playing with this 2024 team. Do you think this team will ever not be at the best of the best tournaments? Do you think the college coaches at these tournaments care if the players they want come in 1st or 8th? I have watched youth lacrosse at the elite level for 15 years and every top team has a player or two that plays that is not as good as the rest. All these teams can not keep 15 studs or more happy they always want more love and leave to go find a team that says little johnny is the best around and I will get him seen. To the parents of the kids quitting I hope you like VLC its a good club hope their team is not full also.

Your strawman posts are tiring. We get it - you love Madlax and can't stay when people post their own personal experiences. Those must be incredible BJs you get from the owner.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is looking good for the Millon National Championship today?

Igloo and Hawks already have a loss.

Front runners are ML, Taz, and BL. Anyone know the WP/BL score?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do love to see how the Madlax haters for life like to bash Madlax. One post is they are a dying club the next is they have to many players wanting to play on the team. Even if his sons are the worst 2 of the starting 10 players the other 8 starters will be loving the perks of playing with this 2024 team. Do you think this team will ever not be at the best of the best tournaments? Do you think the college coaches at these tournaments care if the players they want come in 1st or 8th? I have watched youth lacrosse at the elite level for 15 years and every top team has a player or two that plays that is not as good as the rest. All these teams can not keep 15 studs or more happy they always want more love and leave to go find a team that says little johnny is the best around and I will get him seen. To the parents of the kids quitting I hope you like VLC its a good club hope their team is not full also.

---------

There's no reason to roster 27-28 kids on a 6th, 7th, or 8th grade club team. It would be one thing if the focus was on individual skills and technique and the coaching or instruction was outstanding for that technique, however Madlax has proven over the years they're not about that.

Instead MadLax is exclusively focused on team concepts at the expense of teaching the kids invaluable fundamentals, skills, and the proper way to play the game. The greatest coaches in the game in D1 like Danowski, Tierney, and Tillman all coach and spend up to 60% of their practices on the fundamentals and individual skills.

That lack of focus on fundamentals and technique is only exasperated by the fact that 12 of those 28 kids on the roster barely play in games or receive meaningful reps in practice.

But what good is it anyways if what you're practicing isn't fundamentally correct?

Coaching is everything at these young ages.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you expect of a club that has B teams, which we all know is just to line the owner's pockets?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 MD wins Fantastic 12 at John Carroll

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guest players from TX and NC involved?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never once has this team (91MD 2024) had kids from TX or NC. They have been together for many years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And Russia, China and Mozambique... so dumb. Anyone who plays that team (or ML, or Hawks, etc) has seen the same players for years. Each team adds a player or two a year but the core is unchanged. BLC added some great players last year. Maybe will change for all as they get closer to high school, who knows?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no reason or excuse for a roster of 28 on a youth team. On a HS team a freshman may see little time on Varsity but has 5 practices a week to get better. On a college team that player may have 10 practices a week and there is a Senior they know will be leaving the team. At youth lacrosse there is NO way to give 28 players enough time for a team that has two practices per week. To pay good money on top of that is even worse. What is the end game? Colleges do not look to the end of the bench to find recruits.

Looks like the problem may fix itself. Half of the team has one foot out the door. Several kids have already quit.

As the losses mount so will the defectors. People will only put up with that crap if they are winning. Their short term, big kid strategy, has now officially backfired. Now that they are no longer a top team, the mass exodus will begin.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never once has this team (91MD 2024) had kids from TX or NC. They have been together for many years.

Please! Stop with the BS! 91 MD gets kids from other teams. Happens all the time. They have poached Long Island kids for tournaments, multiple times. Absolute Fact! If they are poaching LI kids then they are poaching MD kids and anywhere else they can get them. Seriously. I don’t know why you parents put up with it. Is everyone afraid of your raging lunatic on the side line?? Rhetorical question. The answer is obvious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And Russia, China and Mozambique... so dumb. Anyone who plays that team (or ML, or Hawks, etc) has seen the same players for years. Each team adds a player or two a year but the core is unchanged. BLC added some great players last year. Maybe will change for all as they get closer to high school, who knows?

all the teams were good. Its what it is all about. Great competition for the kids.. Some real great players and teams. . Right now 91 MD the team to beat. LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking at the scores you would have to think something was up. Go 2-1 in pool play...trying to figure out how they got the higher seed than BL, but that’s another story..to blowing our the top 2 teams at 24.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking at the scores you would have to think something was up. Go 2-1 in pool play...trying to figure out how they got the higher seed than BL, but that’s another story..to blowing our the top 2 teams at 24.

HoCo championship was a 1 goal game between ML and T91MD that could have gone either way. Then two weeks later T91MD beats ML 10-4. Not the same T91MD team and not the same refs. T91MD is good but they are not that good. Lots of home cooking. Same thing in the Taz final.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no reason or excuse for a roster of 28 on a youth team. On a HS team a freshman may see little time on Varsity but has 5 practices a week to get better. On a college team that player may have 10 practices a week and there is a Senior they know will be leaving the team. At youth lacrosse there is NO way to give 28 players enough time for a team that has two practices per week. To pay good money on top of that is even worse. What is the end game? Colleges do not look to the end of the bench to find recruits.

Looks like the problem may fix itself. Half of the team has one foot out the door. Several kids have already quit.

As the losses mount so will the defectors. People will only put up with that crap if they are winning. Their short term, big kid strategy, has now officially backfired. Now that they are no longer a top team, the mass exodus will begin.

Owner starts his sons over better more deserving kids. The fact that he hasn't fixed it by now is pretty good indication that he never will. Also they always run the same lame offense. Lots of standing around and no creativity. Kids need to be working on fundamentals and learning how to create their own offense. Running the ball through the same 1 or 2 kids is not going to cut it at this level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please! Stop with the BS! 91 MD gets kids from other teams. Happens all the time. They have poached Long Island kids for tournaments, multiple times. Absolute Fact! If they are poaching LI kids then they are poaching MD kids and anywhere else they can get them. Seriously. I don’t know why you parents put up with it. Is everyone afraid of your raging lunatic on the side line?? Rhetorical question. The answer is obvious.

Hopefully you are not implying that of one of the best youth coaches around is ? ..Obvious to who?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]91 MD wins Fantastic 12 at John Carroll

all the teams were good. Its what it is all about. Great competition for the kids.. Some real great players and teams. . Right now 91 MD the team to beat. LI [/quo

Sure. 91 MD and their guest players of the week. Winning a couple of 6th grade games really that important?? Based on MM’s sideline antics, it obviously is to him. Been doing this a long time and I can honestly say I’ve never seen a youth coach act the way he does. Its scary. Not sure how you 91 MD parents justify putting your children with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

all the teams were good. Its what it is all about. Great competition for the kids.. Some real great players and teams. . Right now 91 MD the team to beat. LI [/quo

Sure. 91 MD and their guest players of the week. Winning a couple of 6th grade games really that important?? Based on MM’s sideline antics, it obviously is to him. Been doing this a long time and I can honestly say I’ve never seen a youth coach act the way he does. Its scary. Not sure how you 91 MD parents justify putting your children with that.

Not a single roster change since last fall and not a single player outside of Baltimore suburbs. Ask the coaches who played all spring against this team (or have for years). Ask coaches at the tourney whether they think the refs were in the tank. Players and coaches better judges and better sports than parents. To the dummy poster, which player without a number do you think was new?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a single roster change since last fall and not a single player outside of Baltimore suburbs. Ask the coaches who played all spring against this team (or have for years). Ask coaches at the tourney whether they think the refs were in the tank. Players and coaches better judges and better sports than parents. To the dummy poster, which player without a number do you think was new?

I know several kids that have played in tournaments for this team and are not on the team. This has happened multiple times. Not saying that I am aware of it happening this past weekend, but given the history, that will always be in question. And justifiably so. If you are a parent, you already know this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not this team, never not once. Complete BS. Maybe a different age group within the club, but not this team...fact!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t fall for it .. Madlax is mad you roasted them .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know several kids that have played in tournaments for this team and are not on the team. This has happened multiple times. Not saying that I am aware of it happening this past weekend, but given the history, that will always be in question. And justifiably so. If you are a parent, you already know this.

I am a parent. I don’t know this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HoCo championship was a 1 goal game between ML and T91MD that could have gone either way. Then two weeks later T91MD beats ML 10-4. Not the same T91MD team and not the same refs. T91MD is good but they are not that good. Lots of home cooking. Same thing in the Taz final.

Only a total loser blames refs. You think they actually care who wins a 6th grade game?

Let me guess. You are one of those stunands who yells all game long.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only a total loser blames refs. You think they actually care who wins a 6th grade game?

Let me guess. You are one of those stunands who yells all game long.
From what I saw , the Goalie from 91 MD was the difference maker in the ML and Final game against TAZ. Goalie made game winning saves. That was the difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Earlier in the spring 91MD led Madlax 6-1 with 4 minutes left and went on to win 6-3. Same group of kids, for a long, long time. Get over it.

91MD has beaten them (Madlax)the last 4 times they've played, but still a lopsided overall record with Madlax on top. The goalie got super hot on second day of Fantastic 12, and their defender/lsm shut down the bigger middies on Legacy and Madlax. Not that hard to figure out, and certainly not shocking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's keep this in perspective. Madlax finished 4th in the 8 team HOCO MD 2024 Elite division (regular season), behind Bethesda, 91MD and Hawks. They did manage to make it to finals in the play off rounds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's keep this in perspective. Madlax finished 4th in the 8 team HOCO MD 2024 Elite division (regular season), behind Bethesda, 91MD and Hawks. They did manage to make it to finals in the play off rounds.
Lets just say 91 MD was the best team that day. They deserved the win. Great job boys. Always look forward to the match ups. LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bethesda is a really good squad. Semifinal loss to a great TAZ team and first in HOCO. Madlax without the drama and whiny parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With 28 guys on the roster and only 14 guys who play in the big games, no shock that Madlax is losing guys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With 28 guys on the roster and only 14 guys who play in the big games, no shock that Madlax is losing guys.

Ok Madlax roster is now at 24 kids. What will be everyone's we hate Madlax topic now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Madlax roster is now at 24 kids. What will be everyone's we hate Madlax topic now?
no one hates ML. They are just giving you a taste of your own Medicine. Bragging gets you no where.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about instead of trying to develop their 2023 team, they opted to buy the Club Blue 2023 team, and now the 2023 Capital guys are the B team? Great guy, huh? Must love those BJs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about instead of trying to develop their 2023 team, they opted to buy the Club Blue 2023 team, and now the 2023 Capital guys are the B team? Great guy, huh? Must love those BJs.

This is the best post of the day. You really think Madlax bought the Club Blue team 2023? They came to him and wanted Madlax to run the maintenance of running a club team. You did not say this when they started Madlax FL,OR,CA or any other state. Its the same thing it just happens to be a local club. The Madlax Cap kids at 2023 could of left for this other DC dogs team at any time before they started be run by Madlax. To be honest they should drop the DMV name and just rename every years second team. And all the Parents will not have to tell people they play for a second team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the best post of the day. You really think Madlax bought the Club Blue team 2023? They came to him and wanted Madlax to run the maintenance of running a club team. You did not say this when they started Madlax FL,OR,CA or any other state. Its the same thing it just happens to be a local club. The Madlax Cap kids at 2023 could of left for this other DC dogs team at any time before they started be run by Madlax. To be honest they should drop the DMV name and just rename every years second team. And all the Parents will not have to tell people they play for a second team.

Actually that is a really good idea. Kind of like Express and some of the other LI teams do. If more parents would let their kids play B team and get more playing time and ultimately get better, instead of insisting on being on A team, everyone would be better off. The only problem is that the parents can't stomach being on what is readily recognized as the B team. By giving it a different name, maybe they could get over it for the benefit of their kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually that is a really good idea. Kind of like Express and some of the other LI teams do. If more parents would let their kids play B team and get more playing time and ultimately get better, instead of insisting on being on A team, everyone would be better off. The only problem is that the parents can't stomach being on what is readily recognized as the B team. By giving it a different name, maybe they could get over it for the benefit of their kid.

That’s why 91 has Ducks, Empire, Hurricanes and others. Nobody wants to be on B and C teams, so create other clubs and their kid can be on their A team (which is really a B or C team).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s why 91 has Ducks, Empire, Hurricanes and others. Nobody wants to be on B and C teams, so create other clubs and their kid can be on their A team (which is really a B or C team).

Yes, disguise the B, C and D teams by giving them catchy names. Don't want to lose those club fees from the kids on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are stunads. Being on a B team is a terrible experience, especially for those on HS B teams. Those teams are just for one purpose - making money.

The explanation for Madlax buying Club Blue 2023 is laughable. No matter how it was structured, what are you saying to the Capital 2023 kids you just kicked to the curb?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are stunads. Being on a B team is a terrible experience, especially for those on HS B teams. Those teams are just for one purpose - making money.

The explanation for Madlax buying Club Blue 2023 is laughable. No matter how it was structured, what are you saying to the Capital 2023 kids you just kicked to the curb?

What about getting better for your HS team ?? knowing you arent playing in college. Know a lot of kids think that way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your logic is laughable the kids on this DC dogs team could of all just showed up to Madlax Cap 2023 tryouts and beat out the kids you are crying about getting kicked to the curb. You realize this could happen at any club team in the DMV. If 20 kids leave a team and show up at another tryout and are better 20 kids are getting kicked to the curb as you are saying. Can you confirm from last years 2023 Cap team roster how many of these names are on the DC dogs team? Or has any names moved from the DC dogs roster to the ML Cap roster?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is another link for 2023 you should try it.

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard