BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 123 of 264 1 2 121 122 123 124 125 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the WM Patriots
Hats off on a great game. Congrats on your LI title. Good luck on your repeat journey.
Pequa Dad

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you. Tell your goalie he played awesome!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do bad Pequa is not about playing the best kids, teachers kids only apply .sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LOOKS LIKE A NASSAU BEATDOWN. 4 for 4 Suffolk the Bridemaids this year, acrosse all 4 games

Uhhh.........wrong. But you gave everyone a good laugh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait til coaches kid joins squad next year. Watch 8th graders dominate field time.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]Do bad Pequa is not about playing the best kids, teachers kids only apply .sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soooo....from before the season starts all we hear about how Port?? is going to be a big time winner. And.......year in year out they are not. They lose again. Then they come on talking about how they are glad they lost so they can go boating. Geez

Of all the coaches of the semi finals teams I would say Ports coach is the weakest. He may be in the bottom of the so called top tier programs on Long Island. Has been out coached in every big league game by Farmingdale, Massapequa, and Syosset. He has also been out coached in out of league games by Southside, HHW, and Kellenberg. What big game has he won? None! Losses the 1 goal games time and time again.

Massapequa will win Nassau again next year
Farmingdale will be 2nd
Syosset will take 3rd
Port again will be 4th

did I miss something? what was the final of the Mass-Syo game?

Did you really think Syosset was going to beat Massapequa? It didnt take Nostradamus to perdict that one.

Now lets see how the Long Island Championships go.

Massapequa vs Ward Melville

Garden City vs Harborfields

Cold Spring Harbor vs Islip

Suffolk sweep!

No love for class D?
Oyster Bay vs Mattituck

Because its a Joke, Oyster Bay is 0-10 in conference, no competition?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk lacrosse has two good schools. The rest are trash at best. Nassau way deeper county in all the clases

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait til coaches kid joins squad next year. Watch 8th graders dominate field time.

And watch them lose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Do bad Pequa is not about playing the best kids, teachers kids only apply .sad

Wait til the coaches kid joins V Squad next year.. hope your kid is on defense

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmmm......Im thinking you are the same uninformed daddy that called the Nassau sweep.----Wrong again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk lacrosse has two good schools. The rest are trash at best. Nassau way deeper county in all the clases

You are ignorant. Hills West Beat Port Washington, but was knocked out of the first round of the playoffs. There are many more examples of the parity is Suffolk. No reason to put down a whole county to make up for your inequities. I grew up in Nassau, and now live in Suffolk. It is not only deep, but some of the lower division teams could beat many of the upper division teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are ignorant. Hills West Beat Port Washington, but was knocked out of the first round of the playoffs. There are many more examples of the parity is Suffolk. No reason to put down a whole county to make up for your inequities. I grew up in Nassau, and now live in Suffolk. It is not only deep, but some of the lower division teams could beat many of the upper division teams.

What dumb statement!!! I am from Nassau county and Suffolk is stronger in Class A by far. Nassau class A is a joke of a division. And rest of Nassau divisions are 2 or 3 horse race. Suffolk is stronger!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Islip vs. CSH was a great game. Shame either team had to lose. Go Islip, represent LI. b

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hoping this is just a kid talking being a sore loser. If not, so nice to see the ignorance back with the anonymous quotes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Soooo....from before the season starts all we hear about how Port?? is going to be a big time winner. And.......year in year out they are not. They lose again. Then they come on talking about how they are glad they lost so they can go boating. Geez

Of all the coaches of the semi finals teams I would say Ports coach is the weakest. He may be in the bottom of the so called top tier programs on Long Island. Has been out coached in every big league game by Farmingdale, Massapequa, and Syosset. He has also been out coached in out of league games by Southside, HHW, and Kellenberg. What big game has he won? None! Losses the 1 goal games time and time again.

3rd year head coach vs. a bunch of 15+ year guys. Last I checked only 1 teams wins Conference A, and it hasn't been Farmingdale in 7 years....wont be Syosset ever again...."Weak coach," with kids going to good schools and families that respect him for teaching our kids how to do things the right ; I'll take it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There should be a power conference or tournament of champions to have a real state champion. take cham and ants, put them in; top 3 from each class nassau and suffolk. No one needs to travel off the island and play great games every week. It’s wasteful to have these schoools who are know for having terrible lacrosse continuing playing these top teams, it doesn’t help either of the sides. Opinions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Soooo....from before the season starts all we hear about how Port?? is going to be a big time winner. And.......year in year out they are not. They lose again. Then they come on talking about how they are glad they lost so they can go boating. Geez

3rd year head coach vs. a bunch of 15+ year guys. Last I checked only 1 teams wins Conference A, and it hasn't been Farmingdale in 7 years....wont be Syosset ever again...."Weak coach," with kids going to good schools and families that respect him for teaching our kids how to do things the right ; I'll take it.

Only a 3rd year coach that has had 2 seasons of controversy in a row. Wasnt he dismissed at the beginning of the season for conduct detrimental to the team and brought back. Lol. He sure acts like he's been coaching for a long time the way he treats the refs and the way he acts on the sidelines. He has the sideline manner of a 3 year old throwing a temper tantrum. This year was Ports chance to make it to the finals and he blew it. Syosset was supposed to be down this year and they still made it to the finals. That's because they have a great coach who gets the most out of his players. Even the finals vs Massapequa was closer than most thought it would be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only a 3rd year coach that has had 2 seasons of controversy in a row. Wasnt he dismissed at the beginning of the season for conduct detrimental to the team and brought back. Lol. He sure acts like he's been coaching for a long time the way he treats the refs and the way he acts on the sidelines. He has the sideline manner of a 3 year old throwing a temper tantrum. This year was Ports chance to make it to the finals and he blew it. Syosset was supposed to be down this year and they still made it to the finals. That's because they have a great coach who gets the most out of his players. Even the finals vs Massapequa was closer than most thought it would be.

Yes, a "great" coach who won the LIC in 2016 with 2 btb amazing smack-downs having perhaps the most talented group of Lacrosse players in Syosset HS history and then couldn't win a state championship. Absolute coaching failure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on the LI Top 20 tryout? Saw quite a few college coaches. Lots of kids there!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There should be a power conference or tournament of champions to have a real state champion. take cham and ants, put them in; top 3 from each class nassau and suffolk. No one needs to travel off the island and play great games every week. It’s wasteful to have these schoools who are know for having terrible lacrosse continuing playing these top teams, it doesn’t help either of the sides. Opinions?

I dont think you need to put Cham and STA in a conference with Publics. Nassau has some flexibility to play OOC games but I do think the Suffolk A schools need to have more than a 2 game flex of OOC games. Out of 16 games make 6 OOC (2 Nassua, 1 cham/STA, 1 CT, 1 Suffolk B/C, 1 floater). Please tell me why you cant do that, what, you can make 10 competitive games in your conference. Probably would be the best thing for the conference and actually grow the game. Imagine that. That would be killer and foster a real national power conference.

You do know in Suffolk Power points dictate playoffs anyway. Maybe do a 6 in conference wins to make you eligible for playoff. Still make power points and ranks what selects the teams. and why the power points, so a PatMed/WFloyd/Lindy or Whitman do not get rewarded for a weak schedule.

As far a only 3 teams, I think that just proved that Suffolk is deeper and better than Nassau. Suffolk has 5+ that could should be included at any year. In A/B/C. I dont think pulling top 3 does anything. At any point who really was the top 3 in Suffolk A. Melville, SWest, Quott, HHHEast, WIslip. Same can be said in B/C. But at the end of the day these are kids on the field and anything is possible.

I will also say IMHO Suffolk is deeper and stronger as a collective whole.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I dont think you need to put Cham and STA in a conference with Publics. Nassau has some flexibility to play OOC games but I do think the Suffolk A schools need to have more than a 2 game flex of OOC games. Out of 16 games make 6 OOC (2 Nassua, 1 cham/STA, 1 CT, 1 Suffolk B/C, 1 floater). Please tell me why you cant do that, what, you can make 10 competitive games in your conference. Probably would be the best thing for the conference and actually grow the game. Imagine that. That would be killer and foster a real national power conference.

You do know in Suffolk Power points dictate playoffs anyway. Maybe do a 6 in conference wins to make you eligible for playoff. Still make power points and ranks what selects the teams. and why the power points, so a PatMed/WFloyd/Lindy or Whitman do not get rewarded for a weak schedule.

As far a only 3 teams, I think that just proved that Suffolk is deeper and better than Nassau. Suffolk has 5+ that could should be included at any year. In A/B/C. I dont think pulling top 3 does anything. At any point who really was the top 3 in Suffolk A. Melville, SWest, Quott, HHHEast, WIslip. Same can be said in B/C. But at the end of the day these are kids on the field and anything is possible.

I will also say IMHO Suffolk is deeper and stronger as a collective whole.

Not In order
Garden City
Farmingdale
Manhasset
Pequa
Syo
Who is Suffolk top 5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see that WM is top HS in the nation on that poll. I don’t much about those elite programs culver , Hill Academy , Salisbury , bullis etc etc. How would the match up of those teams vs Long Island teams your jersey teams delbarton etc , or those Maryland schools like boys Latin etc. I saw that national final game on news 12 varsity and the game before was Hills east game and what a difference , How would ny teams compare ? thx

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see that WM is top HS in the nation on that poll. I don’t much about those elite programs culver , Hill Academy , Salisbury , bullis etc etc. How would the match up of those teams vs Long Island teams your jersey teams delbarton etc , or those Maryland schools like boys Latin etc. I saw that national final game on news 12 varsity and the game before was Hills east game and what a difference , How would ny teams compare ? thx

Difficult to judge as the private schools have PG players which gives them a advantage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They would have a hard time because of the age difference, because of the hold backs, reclassified, not good enough on their own age cheaters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH not in that group ? That's funny that Syosset is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

based on last 5 years the list should start with CSH, then GC /Pequa and then everybody else IMHO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s funny that Syosset gave CSH a beat down this year .... why not ask about one of the schools that were mentioned that CSH actually beat this year ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s funny that Syosset gave CSH a beat down this year .... why not ask about one of the schools that were mentioned that CSH actually beat this year ?

My fault, truly had a brain fart, clearly should be there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau
GC
Set
Pequa
CSH
Toss up between syo/dale

Suffolk
WM
Islip
SE
SW
WI
Class B and C have no other teams that would be a threat.

Throw ants and Cham in there, and you will have a true LI champion. About 12 teams in total, 8 make the playoffs. Thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau
GC
Set
Pequa
CSH
Toss up between syo/dale

Suffolk
WM
Islip
SE
SW
WI

Throw ants and Cham in there, and you will have a true LI champion. About 12 teams in total, 8 make the playoffs. Thoughts?

So basically those teams/schools/communities have a slim shot at a State Championship every year. Playing a brutal schedule to hopefully win 4 games. Sounds like fun

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone at either of the 4pm games?
Updates if possible, please

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pleasantville and Garden City in runaways.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Ward Melville winning 12-2 https://twitter.com/lisportsnews 3rd quarter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau
GC
Set
Pequa
CSH
Toss up between syo/dale

Suffolk
WM
Islip
SE
SW
WI

So basically those teams/schools/communities have a slim shot at a State Championship every year. Playing a brutal schedule to hopefully win 4 games. Sounds like fun

Mt Sinai is definitely better than SE and right there with Islip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nike top 25 poll is a joke Torrey Pines (CA) rank 13th please, at least 15 teams on LI would beat them. they played Darien lost 13 t 4. Look at Niskayan rank 22nd 19 and 1.Smoked by WM 20 T 1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to go LI ............. sweep yesterday in A, B and C. Finals will be much tougher. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau
GC
Set
Pequa
CSH
Toss up between syo/dale

Suffolk
WM
Islip
SE
SW
WI

So you picked the ONE down year SE has had over the last 10 (because they are an extremely young team) to prop up Mt Sinai? Overall SE is a better lacrosse program and needs to be included over Mt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nike top 25 poll is a joke Torrey Pines (CA) rank 13th please, at least 15 teams on LI would beat them. they played Darien lost 13 t 4. Look at Niskayan rank 22nd 19 and 1.Smoked by WM 20 T 1

niskayan score idicates they are as good as the bottom 5 of suffolk A. maybe move 5 from A to that league?give them a chance to make a playoff!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau
GC
Set
Pequa
CSH
Toss up between syo/dale

Suffolk
WM
Islip
SE
SW
WI

So you picked the ONE down year SE has had over the last 10 (because they are an extremely young team) to prop up Mt Sinai? Overall SE is a better lacrosse program and needs to be included over Mt.

Slim shot to make the state final, yes. But, sounds like your team or whoever you root for is scared to enter. Many of these teams if not all would love the competition, throws away all of these terrible games the kids don’t want to play in. Ask any of these coaches or players this it what they want. I totally agree with the teams this guy put out there should be no arguments about them. All these kids play club on different teams together and now finally get to see who is the best, no matter the class size.

Like Reply Quote
Page 123 of 264 1 2 121 122 123 124 125 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard