BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 97 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 96 97
Re: Westchester Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think Town is honestly going to crush jj this friday , Gritty gritty team

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Darien looked awesome. Y town not that far behind - may be the best Y town team I have seen since Mariano graduated.

Town has a lot more firepower and balance on offense than I had expected. Both mid lines can score and move ball well. I'd like to see the attack pass to open mids when slides come, then the offense may be ready for a State run. Man up looked a little inept, where are the shooters?

Does anyone know how the injured Town plyer is doing? Looked like sure concussion. Scary hit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to Westchester and Fairfield players in qualifier this weekend for World Series Youth Lacrosse. More area players than ever before are entered. Hope a few teams can qualify. Keep warm and dry!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to Westchester and Fairfield players in qualifier this weekend for World Series Youth Lacrosse. More area players than ever before are entered. Hope a few teams can qualify. Keep warm and dry!!

PT and Preds qualified for WSYL. 2way, Express North, Eclipse racked up wins but seemed to barely not qualify. According to WSYL scoreboard, they all played one another-- many close games. Realize there is no "Westchester pride" or cheesy stuff but think it is healthy for local lax community to have such a strong showing against top comp.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yorktown was dominating games with their Seniors and Juniors, but against John Jay they played Freshman and Sophomores. What caused the change and why didn't they make the adjustment at halftime. Why not play kids who have been playing so well?

Anyone miss Marr?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Marc was on the sideline

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Marc was on the sideline

Marr was on the sideline

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Marc was on the sideline

Marr was on the sideline

Handing out towels, not coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Y town played their best players and just came up short.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Y town played their best players and just came up short.

They did not play their best players as they had been doing, that was obvious to many. The question is why? Save some dry powder for Section playoffs? Very odd.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PT and Preds qualified for WSYL. 2way, Express North, Eclipse racked up wins but seemed to barely not qualify. According to WSYL scoreboard, they all played one another-- many close games. Realize there is no "Westchester pride" or cheesy stuff but think it is healthy for local lax community to have such a strong showing against top comp.

Congratulations PT and Preds!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dry powder for the playoffs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely innapropriate to specify a child. By name or #.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Student athlete , probably under 18. In high school. So yes. Innapropriate to highlight a specific player.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Updated IMO 2023 rankings for spring 2018

1. Primetime
2. Preds
3. 2-Way
4. Express North
5. Eclipse
6. Rhino TS
7. All others(TS91, 3d, WW, Swash)

Congrats Primetime and Preds on making WSYL!
2-Way was close to qualifying and Express North and Eclipse each won a couple of games.
Not sure rhino is far behind those 2 then a big drop to lower tier teams.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by ctlaxdad
Updated IMO 2023 rankings for spring 2018

1. Primetime
2. Preds
3. 2-Way
4. Express North
5. Eclipse
6. Rhino TS
7. All others(TS91, 3d, WW, Swash)

Congrats Primetime and Preds on making WSYL!
2-Way was close to qualifying and Express North and Eclipse each won a couple of games.
Not sure rhino is far behind those 2 then a big drop to lower tier teams.

I agree but do you think Eclipse is 5 and shouldn't be higher than Express North and 2way?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
At this time I can't put Express North or Eclipse higher than 4, possibly a coin flip tie. PT, Eclipse, Express North split ex Chargers which seemed to slightly favor Express North and even them with Eclipse. Problem is Preds, 2-Way continue to improve and stay focused. Eclipse 22 is much stronger than 23 unfortunately as 24 Express North is much stronger than 23 Express North. Just a weaker year for those two teams. Rhino is close to those two teams but doesn't play any NLF type events so hard to gain. Below that I have to admit I don't see Swash/Lone Wolf/91TS,3dTS/Warriors doing much.
Maybe Kirialdy taking TP coaching job will help 91TS in future?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
At this time I can't put Express North or Eclipse higher than 4, possibly a coin flip tie. PT, Eclipse, Express North split ex Chargers which seemed to slightly favor Express North and even them with Eclipse. Problem is Preds, 2-Way continue to improve and stay focused. Eclipse 22 is much stronger than 23 unfortunately as 24 Express North is much stronger than 23 Express North. Just a weaker year for those two teams. Rhino is close to those two teams but doesn't play any NLF type events so hard to gain. Below that I have to admit I don't see Swash/Lone Wolf/91TS,3dTS/Warriors doing much.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Misspoke Kirkaldy is at 913d.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by ctlaxdad

Makes sense and that's a good assessment. Are you a fan of the NLF events b/c I think they are over hyped and don't allow 'outsiders' in too much b/c if they lost, that would tarnish their reputation. Do you agree with me here?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
There is quite a bot of logic to your line of reasoning. I've always believed there are 5-10 teams nationally that can play with NLF teams but aren't part of the "club". Rising Sons, Preds, 2-Way, a couple from CA, Iron Horse, 3d NE, 3d Georgia, a few others can play with NLF Teams. Probably a few others I missed. However the NLF does serve a great purpose in that it brings together a large group of very advanced players to play one another and that's important for recruiting at older ages as are the prospect days.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Anyone care to comment on Box lacrosse in the area? SuperStar is only game in town but Express North has a newish lower level box program as does Rhino. Any others in Westchester/Fairfield?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Question:
Anyone going to Warrior on May 20?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations John Jay, defeating Yorktown for the second time this season. When was the last time that happened?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bring back Coach Marr? Carney didn't learn from the first game, going away from winning formula. Choke job as there was way too much talent on this Yorktown team to lose in Sectionals. Great job JJ and Coach Schurr.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yorktown was dominating games with their Seniors and Juniors, but against John Jay they played Freshman and Sophomores. What caused the change and why didn't they make the adjustment at halftime. Why not play kids who have been playing so well?

Anyone miss Marr?

Great job this season Yorktown, the kids played their hearts out. Anyone miss Marr?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2006. Both games (regular season and sectional finals were at Yorktown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which games? They lost to John Jay twice this year. Don't tell me Greeley. They played the same kids in both JJ games and lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which games? They lost to John Jay twice this year. Don't tell me Greeley. They played the same kids in both JJ games and lost.

I think that's the point being made. John Jay games were coaches differently. I think the message was sent after the first lost to JJ, then Ytown made no changes in second game. Feel terrible for the players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that's the point being made. John Jay games were coaches differently. I think the message was sent after the first lost to JJ, then Ytown made no changes in second game. Feel terrible for the players.

Please. Just stop it. Even though you're anonymous, we've all met you a thousand times, complaining about coaches, or the refs, or something. Two very good teams played two very good games, with two very good coaches, who certainly know more about lacrosse than most if not all of us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please. Just stop it. Even though you're anonymous, we've all met you a thousand times, complaining about coaches, or the refs, or something. Two very good teams played two very good games, with two very good coaches, who certainly know more about lacrosse than most if not all of us.

One coach choked, no adjustments from first game. I don't call that good coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who really cares? High school lacrosse is a pimple on the azz of life when looking big picture. Move on, good luck to the players graduating and everyone gets a chance to battle again next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who really cares? High school lacrosse is a pimple on the azz of life when looking big picture. Move on, good luck to the players graduating and everyone gets a chance to battle again next year.
So your kids team lost?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So your kids team lost?

Section 1 is weak

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we ...
1- recognize Pleasantville for winning states in dominating fashion?
2- figure out how Pville had maybe 17 seniors on that team, who also were on football state champs team, assembled that epic class in that small town?
3- talk up summer club circuit with tourneys starting this weekend?

On 3 above- PrimeTime 2023 lost by 1 goal to Team 80+11 Bandits. Woah. Rocking the boat before the World Series.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we ...
1- recognize Pleasantville for winning states in dominating fashion?
2- figure out how Pville had maybe 17 seniors on that team, who also were on football state champs team, assembled that epic class in that small town?
3- talk up summer club circuit with tourneys starting this weekend?

On 3 above- PrimeTime 2023 lost by 1 goal to Team 80+11 Bandits. Woah. Rocking the boat before the World Series.

Prime Time has, I am told, approximately 4 kids on the 2023 team who are not age eligible (i.e. they were born before 9/1/2004) for WSYL. They held open tryouts to fill these spots with age eligible kids. So going to Denver it will be a slightly different roster which is slightly younger. It is probably true that these overage kids are amongst the best players on the team, and are stronger than the younger players replacing them at WSYL. I don't know that Bandits have this problem. So if all of this is true, Prime Time will weaker in Denver relative to Bandits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it is true. My son was at the Prime Time WSYL tryout and we were told there were at least 6-7 positions they needed to fill due to age requirements.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
every legit travel team has holdbacks, every single one of them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
25-30 percent of a 7th grade team is born before 9/1/2004. This tells you all you need to know about why lacrosse should move to an age-based set up. Keep in mind that NY's school age classification places kids born from 12/1/2004 - 11/30/2005 in 7th grade for this current (and soon to be over) school year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The WSYL can be knocked for many things. But it's very positive impact is the age restrictions conversation related to holdbacks flooding this sport on the youth level. Anyone who has attended WSYL qualifiers or tracked its results over the past couple years will tell you that making kids of the same age play and compete makes for a more balanced and level playing field for all.

Yes, every club team has holdbacks. Though our tristate (including LI) region teams are far from saints, other regions (Mass, Baltimore, out West) are worse in terms of gaming system to win with holdbacks. Too bad clubs don't want age restrictions but not surprising.

No changes coming soon. Only ones who want change are parents of kids losing playing time and games and recruitment slots to holdbacks. Even though that is the majority, those are not the people in charge.

Like Reply Quote
Page 51 of 97 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard