BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 101 of 214 1 2 99 100 101 102 103 213 214
(NA) (NA) Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are ridiculous. The girl that won MVP is without question the best 2020 in the country. You LI folks should be familiar with her as she is listed as YJ commit to Syracuse on their website. She moved to Florida a couple years ago. Why are you hating on a 16 year old girl? She also dominated at the UA Underclass last summer. Guess there’s no competition there either?

There was great competition at UA. It is by far the most competitive and prestigious select event there is. She may have dominated her team, but many other players dominated their team as well, and ultimately the
tournament MVP went to the most deserving girl on the winning team. I will say that schoolgirls is also a very prestigious event as well, made up of many/most of all the same girls who played UA, no surprise. It is funny how so many people cry politics on these select tryout events, yet it is many of the same girls selected from two completely different events with zero common connection. Anyway congrats to the kid for mvp, but I too, like the original poster was surprised by this selection.

They cry politics on everything. Recruiting , Club Team, School Girl, Under Armour you name it. Logic and reason are thrown out the windo as is reality.

My kid makes essentially all those teams and you are ignorant if you do not feel politics is involved in all these things . The school girls thing was ridiculous , it’s like giving the Tewaaraton to a player who plays in a weak division who never plays a decent team .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by anonomous
Carle Place girls would beat either one of them....would be a good game, but Frogs prevail in end...and they will prove it against Mattituck!

This has to be some pot stiring loser.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are ridiculous. The girl that won MVP is without question the best 2020 in the country. You LI folks should be familiar with her as she is listed as YJ commit to Syracuse on their website. She moved to Florida a couple years ago. Why are you hating on a 16 year old girl? She also dominated at the UA Underclass last summer. Guess there’s no competition there either?

There was great competition at UA. It is by far the most competitive and prestigious select event there is. She may have dominated her team, but many other players dominated their team as well, and ultimately the
tournament MVP went to the most deserving girl on the winning team. I will say that schoolgirls is also a very prestigious event as well, made up of many/most of all the same girls who played UA, no surprise. It is funny how so many people cry politics on these select tryout events, yet it is many of the same girls selected from two completely different events with zero common connection. Anyway congrats to the kid for mvp, but I too, like the original poster was surprised by this selection.

They cry politics on everything. Recruiting , Club Team, School Girl, Under Armour you name it. Logic and reason are thrown out the windo as is reality.

My kid makes essentially all those teams and you are ignorant if you do not feel politics is involved in all these things . The school girls thing was ridiculous , it’s like giving the Tewaaraton to a player who plays in a weak division who never plays a decent team .

I guess that you must be connected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can GC hire some real coaches now!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes I am . That said it’s not only politics but it does certainly come into play and you must be ignorant .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes I am . That said it’s not only politics but it does certainly come into play and you must be ignorant .

For how many years and on what teams has your daughter stolen the spot from more deserving players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the guy constantly bashing Wantagh Girls Lacrosse

Let's be honest...you are

- Not a CSH parent/fan because they are too classy and would not stoop this low. They are a very good team that improved as the year progressed. They lost to this terrible Wantagh team albeit it was very early in the season. I wish them luck against the Suffolk C champs and I think they can win it all.

- Another C level team parent/fan that is not that good and can never get past the C level Power Conference schools (CSH, NS, and Wantagh).

- More than likely a Wantagh parent/fan...a typical - whose kid gets no playing time or perhaps did not make the varsity this year even though more than a handful of 9th graders made it due to lack of depth. Of course they were embarrassed last night because they expect more out of themselves and did not want to let the program down. I looked back (5) years and see they have been five time semi-finalists, four time finalist (two in B and two in C), two time Nassau County Champs (one in B and one in C), They have quite a few girls that are playing D1 lacrosse so stop being a keyboard cowboy and take little Susie to the wall a few more times so she can improve and maybe get on the field this way all us fans can get to hear you yell "Go to goal"....

I guess the wound is still fresh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looks like northport got caught looking ahead to the LIC!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow GC and Wantagh got spanked by Manhasset and CSH not even close. Would have lost that bet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WB/ESM game was a great game. ESM takes it in OT 8-7. WB got away from their offense by having 2 middies take 95% of the shots. Can't win games if you're attackers don't get any touches. Good luck to ESM on Sunday against Manhasset

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ lost to TG?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by anonomous
Carle Place girls would beat either one of them....would be a good game, but Frogs prevail in end...and they will prove it against Mattituck!

This has to be some pot stiring loser.

Ribbitt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gotta take one game a time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WB/ESM game was a great game. ESM takes it in OT 8-7. WB got away from their offense by having 2 middies take 95% of the shots. Can't win games if you're attackers don't get any touches. Good luck to ESM on Sunday against Manhasset

Manhasset will eat them alive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ lost to TG?

Sure did. Outplayed every step

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ lost to TG?

Sure did. Outplayed every step

Looks like TG sniped the Tewaaraton from YJ as well, bad day all around for CR. Cream rises to the top! Congratulations to Sam Apuzzo, former TG, and the best player in college lacrosse!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We shall see!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough few weeks for YJ's .

SB and JS lose. JMU wins without any YJ studs. The Teewarten goes to a Top Gun. And Northport falters in a year when it should have been theirs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like it will be Liberty girls against YJ girls - should be interesting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, politics is okay when it helps your daughter make a team but if politics plays a role in another player receiving an MVP award it is ridiculous?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]WB/ESM game was a great game. ESM takes it in OT 8-7. WB got away from their offense by having 2 middies take 95% of the shots. Can't win games if you're attackers don't get any touches. Good luck to ESM on Sunday against Manhasset

We shall see![/quote

Outside of the D game all the other games are going to to be closely contested. All the teams that are playing are all capable of beating each other on any given day. Regardless of who they play for over the summer, YJ, TG, Liberty, or Elevate, they are all really good lacrosse players.

Good luck to all girls!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It is funny how so many people cry politics on these select tryout events, yet it is many of the same girls selected from two completely different events with zero common connection.

Many of the same "impartial" people are involved with selection for UA and School Girls. The same clubs are represented and very often take care of their own, whether picking their player or not picking someone perceived as their player's competition on the recruiting circuit.

Here are the School Girls coaches for 2018. All these people were evaluators...

LI Metro 1: Matthew Maloney (Mattituck) & Steve Levy (East Islip /LEGACY)
LI Metro 2: Mary Bergmann (Westhampton) & Thomas Carro (Suffolk CC/YJ)
LI Metro 3: John Geagan (Mercy) & David Kotowski (Holy Trinity/ELEVATE)

You really are a loser. "Their player's competition on the recruiting circuit " may be the funniest thing I have seen. Don't know all of the coaches but here are some factual examples of why what you are saying is nonsense. Maloney , well of the 5 players who went to the tryout from Mattituck it looks like 2 made a team, as Mattituck is a decent team not exactly taking care of his own. Steve Levy , well his own child was cut from any team and she is easily good enough to play so again taking care of his own seems like nonsense. Bergman , again had none of her players on the top team and had one who was on top team last year but team 3 this year , again does not seem like taking care of her own. Carro had 1 of his YJ players on top team which honestly seems low for 1 of the if not the top 2019 team on LI.
There are a lot more examples but convincing people that have kids that were cut that politics may come into play its not all politics is impossible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It is funny how so many people cry politics on these select tryout events, yet it is many of the same girls selected from two completely different events with zero common connection.

Many of the same "impartial" people are involved with selection for UA and School Girls. The same clubs are represented and very often take care of their own, whether picking their player or not picking someone perceived as their player's competition on the recruiting circuit.

You really are a loser. "Their player's competition on the recruiting circuit " may be the funniest thing I have seen. Don't know all of the coaches but here are some factual examples of why what you are saying is nonsense. Maloney , well of the 5 players who went to the tryout from Mattituck it looks like 2 made a team, as Mattituck is a decent team not exactly taking care of his own. Steve Levy , well his own child was cut from any team and she is easily good enough to play so again taking care of his own seems like nonsense. Bergman , again had none of her players on the top team and had one who was on top team last year but team 3 this year , again does not seem like taking care of her own. Carro had 1 of his YJ players on top team which honestly seems low for 1 of the if not the top 2019 team on LI.
There are a lot more examples but convincing people that have kids that were cut that politics may come into play its not all politics is impossible.

Most of those coaches were not at tryouts. They had different coaches at tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SB and JS lose. JMU wins without any YJ studs. The Teewarten goes to a Top Gun. And Northport falters in a year when it should have been theirs.

Fear the Bee no more

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fear the Bee no more

Nobody feared her in the first place. And it was WM year to get it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the guy constantly bashing Wantagh Girls Lacrosse

Let's be honest...you are

- Not a CSH parent/fan because they are too classy and would not stoop this low. They are a very good team that improved as the year progressed. They lost to this terrible Wantagh team albeit it was very early in the season. I wish them luck against the Suffolk C champs and I think they can win it all.

- Another C level team parent/fan that is not that good and can never get past the C level Power Conference schools (CSH, NS, and Wantagh).

- More than likely a Wantagh parent/fan...a typical - whose kid gets no playing time or perhaps did not make the varsity this year even though more than a handful of 9th graders made it due to lack of depth. Of course they were embarrassed last night because they expect more out of themselves and did not want to let the program down. I looked back (5) years and see they have been five time semi-finalists, four time finalist (two in B and two in C), two time Nassau County Champs (one in B and one in C), They have quite a few girls that are playing D1 lacrosse so stop being a keyboard cowboy and take little Susie to the wall a few more times so she can improve and maybe get on the field this way all us fans can get to hear you yell "Go to goal"....

CSH parents classy? some of the most obnoxious people that you would ever see at lax game, I've seen many a melt down over the years and btw Wantagh lax is a joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gotta take one game a time

not s surprise, there's only one ball and a bunch of me first kids/parents, Northport hotel rooms upstate are no available!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why you losers make this a YJ ,TG thing other than an inferiority complex. When Murphy and Ohmiller were setting NCAA records were people on here praising YJ . Honestly do you really want to compare former players from each club and how successful they are in college. Congrats to Apuzzo , congrats to Mattituck, Sinai, ESM, WI .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct, it is impossible. Many parents are delusional and have no idea what they are talking about. If you brought in the coaches from Maryland , North Carolina , Boston College, James Madison , Princeton , Towson, Stony Brook, Florida, Navy and Northwestern to evaluate the crazy parents would still cry foul when their daughter didn't make the team. Don't you know they get it wrong all the time .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fear the Bee no more

Nobody feared her in the first place. And it was WM year to get it.

Let me guess, it was the WM coach’s fault?
YJ is in the same exact position today as they were 5 years ago, 10 years ago... they without question, field the best teams from LI, top teams are top1-5 in the nation, competing mainly with the MD teams. Same as always.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Is there only an All County Dinner this year for high schol girls?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cold Spring Harbor 13 - Mt. Sinai 12 in 2 OT

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by lax101
Is there only an All County Dinner this year for high schol girls?

Awards dinner are for All American, HM All American, All County , HM All County & All Conference

On a side note;
Does anyone know how The fl$ Girls Showcase was today and how many Colleges were there (x amount of D1, x # of D2 & x # of D3)? I heard they use to get 320+ kids but they only had 230? Can Anyone provide insight?
Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone know about the Mattituck/CP game and the Massapequa/WI game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mattituck/WI/Manhasset

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

West Islip WON 6-5 in DOUBLE OT

Manhasset WON 11-10 in DOUBLE OT

CSH WON in DOUBLE OT

and Mattituck blew out CP - no surprise there 16-5 (they need to do something about the D conference as Nassau will never be competitive there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mattituck won easily. West islip won in 2OT, 6-5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone know about the Mattituck/CP game and the Massapequa/WI
West Islip won in double
Ot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]WB/ESM game was a great game. ESM takes it in OT 8-7. WB got away from their offense by having 2 middies take 95% of the shots. Can't win games if you're attackers don't get any touches. Good luck to ESM on Sunday against Manhasset

We shall see![/quote

Outside of the D game all the other games are going to to be closely contested. All the teams that are playing are all capable of beating each other on any given day. Regardless of who they play for over the summer, YJ, TG, Liberty, or Elevate, they are all really good lacrosse players.

Good luck to all girls!!!!!

As I said, couldn’t have asked for any closer games than 3 double overtime games. Some great athletes on the field yesterday. Too bad those games were just to get off the island. Good luck to those going to states and hats off to those that came so close. You had great seasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct, it is impossible. Many parents are delusional and have no idea what they are talking about. If you brought in the coaches from Maryland , North Carolina , Boston College, James Madison , Princeton , Towson, Stony Brook, Florida, Navy and Northwestern to evaluate the crazy parents would still cry foul when their daughter didn't make the team. Don't you know they get it wrong all the time .

Both Under Armour and School Girls are excellent events but Under Armour is more competitive. My older daughter played in both tournaments and the level of play at the Under Armour Underclass event was much
higher and the competition was more intense (At the time UA Underclass had only one division). It was by far the most competitive High School lacrosse games my daughter played in.

Was the selection process perfect? No, there were a few girls left off the roster who were just as strong as the girls who made the team but there were no girls (that made it) who didn't belong on the team. 22 of the 24 girls on that team just completed there freshman or sophomore year in college (two are still in HS). The large majority of those girls are excelling at the college level at many of the top programs (Stony Brook, Florida, North Carolina, Penn State, Syracuse, Richmond, USC, UMass). I believe a few have been working through injuries.

The complainers can whine all they want about politics and how the selection process is rigged but the results do not lie. For the most part, the players who are selected to these teams are also the same players who were offered spots by the best college programs and many more times than not those players go on to star at their respective schools.

Some parents will always have an excuse as to why their daughter wasn't selected or recognized or why they didn't receive offers from Maryland, North Carolina, Northwestern, Boston College etc... There will always be an excuse and they will always say it is all political.

Like Reply Quote
Page 101 of 214 1 2 99 100 101 102 103 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard