BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 37 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 36 37
Re: Boys 2023- PA and Surrounding Area
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

That brings up an interesting question...When is a guest player no longer a guest player? How long does a kid have to play with a club to be part of the club? If you pick up a new player does he remain a guest player until the next year? What if he takes a year off and comes back? What if he also plays for HHH or two clubs at the same time?

How about when he starts paying...

There lies the problem, the season is already paid for in advance, presumably by the full time players. Not sure if it is feasible, but the only real way to stop it is for the full time parents to take a stand collectively, but some, if not most, parents would be reluctant for fear that their kid would ride the bench and/or not make the team in the future (myself included if I were in their shoes). I guess the question then becomes whether the practice experience is so valuable that it is worth putting up with the other nonsense, probably not so much for the parents that have to spend countless hours watching games in which their kids see little if no playing time.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That brings up an interesting question...When is a guest player no longer a guest player? How long does a kid have to play with a club to be part of the club? If you pick up a new player does he remain a guest player until the next year? What if he takes a year off and comes back? What if he also plays for HHH or two clubs at the same time?

There lies the problem, the season is already paid for in advance, presumably by the full time players. Not sure if it is feasible, but the only real way to stop it is for the full time parents to take a stand collectively, but some, if not most, parents would be reluctant for fear that their kid would ride the bench and/or not make the team in the future (myself included if I were in their shoes). I guess the question then becomes whether the practice experience is so valuable that it is worth putting up with the other nonsense, probably not so much for the parents that have to spend countless hours watching games in which their kids see little if no playing time.

Freelance mercenaries will always be available for a low committal, high probability win opportunity. Don't blame them, blame the team that lets them taste the glory that should only be shared among the boys that slogged to all of those practices. Pay then play or go away. Don't take field time from my kid who paid his dues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds reasonable. If they pay they aren’t guests.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure how long Freedom model will last, bringing in kids to play one game that have never practiced or played with the team just to try and win one youth lacrosse game, parents on sideline none too happy.

If you're talking about the 23 Red team vs. BL you'll have to try to make up another lie--because this one is just outright false.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure how long Freedom model will last, bringing in kids to play one game that have never practiced or played with the team just to try and win one youth lacrosse game, parents on sideline none too happy.

If you're talking about the 23 Red team vs. BL you'll have to try to make up another lie--because this one is just outright false.

Are you saying he is a full fledged paying member of Freedom? That's a heck of a commute to practices!

Last edited by TM@BOTC; . Reason: Do not reference a players # on a team - even though you did not say their name, people on that team or who play against that team know who you would be referencing and that is not permitted.
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is false about it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just give me your email address and I'll be happy to provide all the proof you seem to need. Won't provide your email? Don't ask someone to step out of anonymity while you wrap it around yourself like a security blanket and have delusions of superiority. Hypocrite. And, I'll be happy to show you why I don't need to live vicariously to enjoy my life. And, since you're on this thread, you've probably seen my kid play and you already know how good he is. You just don't know his name. [/quote]

You definitely lost some credibility on this forum with your prior post...not really helping the cause with this one[/quote]
You forgot to include your email address.[/quote]

Bottom line, once you come on this forum and start bragging about your kid, it's time to take a step back, take a deep breath and regain some perspective. Best of luck to your son this season.[/quote]

Completely true, your post are to the point of being pathetic and embarrassing for your son, hopefully he is as good as you think he is. As stated above step back take a break and realize that life is not all 13 year old lacrosse. There is a big world outside open your eyes and enjoy it. BTW still have no idea who your son is and really don't care....[/quote]

As stated in a previous post: "The point wasn't to brag about a kid who remains anonymous. Maybe you could work on your reading comprehension skills? Regain perspective? The perspective of the sheeple you associate with? Not everyone on this thread shares your perspective even though your inflated ego doesn't allow for that possibility. You have no problem "sharing" your perspective, but when someone expresses a different one you treat them as if they are being self righteous. Look in the mirror, lemming."

Why would I care about whether you, an anonymous follower, know who my son is or not? Does that really make sense to you? Think about it for just one second. OK, did you come to the conclusion that there is nothing I could care less about? No? You think a little too much of yourself. You make me laugh! Simpleton.[/quote]

Your continued circular reasoning is ridiculous, and it makes absolutely no sense, please stop - us herd of simpleton sheep cannot understand your brilliance and would prefer to go on to more interesting topics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you obviously care that we all know who your son is because you keep stating things like "And, since you're on this thread, you've probably seen my kid play and you already know how good he is. You just don't know his name." Just stop and no one would say anymore!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you obviously care that we all know who your son is because you keep stating things like "And, since you're on this thread, you've probably seen my kid play and you already know how good he is. You just don't know his name." Just stop and no one would say anymore!!!

Let's hope that ends it..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe their coach is a Dukes National coach or was one so i'm sure he has a rolodex of numbers.

Perhaps, but it seems like lot of people have been turned off by the DN program, so not sure how Freedom will be any different. Maybe it is a means to reconstitute the DN model under another name.

FREEDOM a completely different team-let's not confuse the 2.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe their coach is a Dukes National coach or was one so i'm sure he has a rolodex of numbers.

Perhaps, but it seems like lot of people have been turned off by the DN program, so not sure how Freedom will be any different. Maybe it is a means to reconstitute the DN model under another name.

Fair enough, but do kids travel in to play for the team, not judging either way, just curious how Freedom operates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fair enough, but do kids travel in to play for the team, not judging either way, just curious how Freedom operates.

Freedom is no different than any other travel program. Kids play for multiple teams if they want to. The kids on the roster play for the team for the year and then the tryout process starts all over again the next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you saying he is a full fledged paying member of Freedom? That's a heck of a commute to practices!
I am. Just out of curiosity--if he doesn't make practices but pays the same as every other member and makes all games he's available for, is he not?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids that travel are on the roster

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the kid that came from a different state and was given a jersey 5 minutes before the game is on the roster and has fully paid to be a member of the team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am. Just out of curiosity--if he doesn't make practices but pays the same as every other member and makes all games he's available for, is he not?

This somewhat contradicts the post above that "Freedom is no different than any other travel program" - it is different - most travel programs require players to be at practices and attend all games, as opposed to attending no practices and games that they are "available" for... Either way, the team is good, and they can do whatever they want, but please be honest about how the team operates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This somewhat contradicts the post above that "Freedom is no different than any other travel program" - it is different - most travel programs require players to be at practices and attend all games, as opposed to attending no practices and games that they are "available" for... Either way, the team is good, and they can do whatever they want, but please be honest about how the team operates.

If your objective is to go round and round arguing, you can dissect any post and find a way to contradict it with other post on this site.
But if your objective is to get an answer, the truth is all teams have conflicts and very few players make everything all year round. The Freedom team is just like any other team except they have a few players that travel further to events and practices. The consistency of attending players at events and practices is similar to any program whether its "required or not". In the offseason many players miss for multiple sports and other conflicts. Spring is especially difficult due to township and now middle school lacrosse. But during the main season of summer the roster is around 18-20 for any event. If you're looking for more information, you're better off getting it by contacting the owners and coaches at the Freedom website rather than on BOC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the kid that came from a different state and was given a jersey 5 minutes before the game is on the roster and has fully paid to be a member of the team?

Thats a Lie!!! I'm on Freedom 2023

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kid? There was more than one...kids from NY and NC to play in a Spring MXT game it nuts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's a lie? That the kid is on the roster? Or that the kid got a jersey before one of the games and that jersey belongs to someone else?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your objective is to go round and round arguing, you can dissect any post and find a way to contradict it with other post on this site.
But if your objective is to get an answer, the truth is all teams have conflicts and very few players make everything all year round. The Freedom team is just like any other team except they have a few players that travel further to events and practices. The consistency of attending players at events and practices is similar to any program whether its "required or not". In the offseason many players miss for multiple sports and other conflicts. Spring is especially difficult due to township and now middle school lacrosse. But during the main season of summer the roster is around 18-20 for any event. If you're looking for more information, you're better off getting it by contacting the owners and coaches at the Freedom website rather than on BOC.

Not trying to argue at all, and I appreciate the additional input..always good to know what options are out there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good to hear from somebody on the team, lots of rumors around the field that kids were traveling in from far away to play, I will not mention states or regions as this would point the finger at specific kids, but that was the rumor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's a lie? That the kid is on the roster? Or that the kid got a jersey before one of the games and that jersey belongs to someone else?

A lie once again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whether you want to believe it or not is up to you. The players that travel are on the roster just like anyone else. They played in the fall, they’re playing spring and they will play in the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah living in god awful lacrosse area like NY makes sense to drive 4 hours to play for a team based on Chester County...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whether you want to believe it or not is up to you. The players that travel are on the roster just like anyone else. They played in the fall, they’re playing spring and they will play in the summer.

Exactly..That's his parents problem of driving. And the jersey handout never happened...stop saying

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah living in god awful lacrosse area like NY makes sense to drive 4 hours to play for a team based on Chester County...

Yeah, and you see in the summer all of the tournaments that everyone attends in NY vs the Philadelphia area or MD area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No question, Freedom is a good club, as is BL. One of my sons is a 2023 elite level player and not currently on either team. He's planning on trying out for both clubs this summer, and depending on where he would feature, will go with that club. Having said that, if Freedom is pulling in ghosts from out of state (and I'll look into this) that will definitely impact our decision.

If anyone has any actual evidence of this please share. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No question, Freedom is a good club, as is BL. One of my sons is a 2023 elite level player and not currently on either team. He's planning on trying out for both clubs this summer, and depending on where he would feature, will go with that club. Having said that, if Freedom is pulling in ghosts from out of state (and I'll look into this) that will definitely impact our decision.

If you actually want information contact the coaches. Don’t get your information on an anonymous website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Given that you can't post info that identifies kids on this forum, I think you will be hard pressed to get that sort of information. Suffice to say, there are a number of players the coach has a relationship with from other teams or the local area that have been brought in to help in the past.

Whether or not they are on some unpublished roster isn't the question. (Freedom does not post their roster on the web so I'm not sure how you can verify it anyway.) But these players do not attend practices. I would even question whether or not they paid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if you are truly asking, there is no comparison to the two clubs. Freedom is a well established club and will be invited to top HS tournaments. BL will not, that is just a total fact of life. These upstart clubs will not get the exposure that established club will.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL feature what is he Tom Cruise...its good that you think so highly of your son that 2 established teams will drop what they are doing to make your elite son the focal point of there team....I bet the coaches, parents and kids can't wait

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no ghosts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, its a fact the Freedom 2023 team brings in kids from out of state, that have never practiced with them, at the expense of other kids that attend all practices. Just to try and win meaningless youth games and i mean try. Ask the parents on the team. Freedom is a well run program so it is surprising they allow this to happen at one age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yawn. This has been both hashed and rehashed. Yet another example of somebody who has AAAALLLLL of the facts but actually knows nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if you are truly asking, there is no comparison to the two clubs. Freedom is a well established club and will be invited to top HS tournaments. BL will not, that is just a total fact of life. These upstart clubs will not get the exposure that established club will.

My kid plays for Freedom and this is just a stupid statement. Good teams can and will attend any tournament they want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How can you possibly make this ridiculous statement - upstart club? - apparently you were not at NXT for the BL/Freedom game.- and that is not meant as a dig at Freedom, they are a good team, but the results speak for themselves - and you can save the BL parent reply, no affiliation with BL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How can you possibly make this ridiculous statement - upstart club? - apparently you were not at NXT for the BL/Freedom game.- and that is not meant as a dig at Freedom, they are a good team, but the results speak for themselves - and you can save the BL parent reply, no affiliation with BL

They are referring to the club as a whole which aside from 2023/24 BL is lacking. Yes the 6-4 and 7-5victories by BL at those age groups is nice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Freedom is a well established club and will be invited to top HS tournaments. BL will not, that is just a total fact of life. These upstart clubs will not get the exposure that established club will.

Does BL have a high school team now? Seems like it would be hard to be invited to top HS tournaments if you don't have a HS team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are referring to the club as a whole which aside from 2023/24 BL is lacking. Yes the 6-4 and 7-5victories by BL at those age groups is nice.

Understood, but the idea that Freedom will carry any more weight with respect to entering a tournament lacks merit, we all know that most of these tournaments will take anybody that is willing to pay. I could at least understand the argument if we were discussing a HS showcase event that only takes a certain number of kids. In that instance, personal relationships between showcase organizers and club coaches can certainly make a difference getting a kid into a showcase.

Like Reply Quote
Page 29 of 37 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 36 37
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard