BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Individual Showcases
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss what individual showcases you are going to and share feedback if you have gone to an event someone else listed

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Individual Showcases
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's up with 2018 Maverick Showtime? Have all invites gone out? Website says "sold out".

(NA) Re: Individual Showcases
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
This event usually sells out early (December) but being sold out this early seems a little crazy. I know the directors and can find out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
invites went out earlier then normal this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what are some of the better showcases .... I know Maverik showtime is top one ...but after that what is good for 2021

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I just got an email from a new lacrosse that looks exactly like BOTC. Did anyone else get that email? it is run by Larry who used to be the administrator of this site. It's trying to copy BOTC and Larry is a jerk and a reason why no one is visiting that site

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry is a jerk ..f, he is vindictive and mean. He made it clear to a lot of people in emails that he doesn't care about kids, all he cares about is his sponsors and if he doesn't like you he will try to blackball you or even better talk crap about you on this site.

I thought we got rid of that [lacrosse] and he just wont go away

nobody should visit his site or better yet tell him that where to go on his new site. He cant sell this site and then start a similar one without being totally unscrupulous. Total [lacrosse]

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Thank guys. It is not right and not a part of the agreement - appreciate your support !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son received an invite, what can we expect?

(NA) (NA) Re: Individual Showcases
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
If you want your son to be seen by Every D1 College and a lot of the D2/3, he should certainly go. It is comprised of both uncommitted and committed players and I believe it's a 2 day, over night showcase so they can show the players what it is like to play lacrosse in college with film sessions, practices, etc.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
what are some of the better showcases .... I know Maverik showtime is top one ...but after that what is good for 2021

The NXT Philly SC (sold out already as it is a month away), Maverik Showtime (most likely sold out, you need to know someone & submit early), D1 Und1sputed SC and the ADRL Black Card are the top showcases as for top competition and exposure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Philly is the best I have seen. Virtually every D1 school is there. I'd imagine the focus will be on 2020s because of the rule change.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Philly is the best I have seen. Virtually every D1 school is there. I'd imagine the focus will be on 2020s because of the rule change.

Agreed. With some 2020's already committed, coaches will be focusing on the 2020's and 2021's. NXT runs great events and the Philly Showcase is also the best one I've seen thus far but the others mentioned were also great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would not waste my money this fall with 2021s. Schools working to finish up 2019s and are looking at 2020s.
Originally Posted by NassauLaxDad516

Agreed. With some 2020's already committed, coaches will be focusing on the 2020's and 2021's. NXT runs great events and the Philly Showcase is also the best one I've seen thus far but the others mentioned were also great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son did the D1 Showcase last year and besides the bad weather for the first 2 hours and getting lost, there were 33 Division 1 College Coaches there with only 140 players playing on 2 fields that were side by side and then the ASG was phenomenal b/c all of the coaches were on that one field so my son wants to go back and has been invited back. This is a great showcase for those looking at the D1 schools. Other than that, the Jake Reed is getting diluted (hardly any coaches there this fall) and the Black Card and Showtime are both already sold out which doesn't leave much options for the division one schools,

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Agreed. With some 2020's already committed, coaches will be focusing on the 2020's and 2021's. NXT runs great events and the Philly Showcase is also the best one I've seen thus far but the others mentioned were also great.[/quote

[quote=Anonymous]My son did the D1 Showcase last year and besides the bad weather for the first 2 hours and getting lost, there were 33 Division 1 College Coaches there with only 140 players playing on 2 fields that were side by side and then the ASG was phenomenal b/c all of the coaches were on that one field so my son wants to go back and has been invited back. This is a great showcase for those looking at the D1 schools. Other than that, the Jake Reed is getting diluted (hardly any coaches there this fall) and the Black Card and Showtime are both already sold out which doesn't leave much options for the division one schools,

I agree with everything you said but I believe the ADRNL Black Card is still taking nominations. Those 4 events you mentions; NXT (in the Fall, not summer) Adrenaline Black Card, Maverik Showtime and the Und1sputed Showcase are great for players looking to play at the div. 1 level with the level of talent that is present and amount of d1 coaches that are present. The Nike Blue Chip has never been the same since their partnership with 3d but it is slowly getting better but no where near where it was 3-4 years ago.

There are still 2019's available at certain schools such as Stony Brook, Marist and the other colleges who tend to wait until players develop but all around, this is a big year that the colleges are focusing on the 2020's primarily and looking for stand out 2021's

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by NJLaxr
[quote=Agreed. With some 2020's already committed, coaches will be focusing on the 2020's and 2021's. NXT runs great events and the Philly Showcase is also the best one I've seen thus far but the others mentioned were also great.

My son did the D1 Showcase last year and besides the bad weather for the first 2 hours and getting lost, there were 33 Division 1 College Coaches there with only 140 players playing on 2 fields that were side by side and then the ASG was phenomenal b/c all of the coaches were on that one field so my son wants to go back and has been invited back. This is a great showcase for those looking at the D1 schools. Other than that, the Jake Reed is getting diluted (hardly any coaches there this fall) and the Black Card and Showtime are both already sold out which doesn't leave much options for the division one schools,

I agree with everything you said but I believe the ADRNL Black Card is still taking nominations. Those 4 events you mentions; NXT (in the Fall, not summer) Adrenaline Black Card, Maverik Showtime and the Und1sputed Showcase are great for players looking to play at the div. 1 level with the level of talent that is present and amount of d1 coaches that are present. The Nike Blue Chip has never been the same since their partnership with 3d but it is slowly getting better but no where near where it was 3-4 years ago.

There are still 2019's available at certain schools such as Stony Brook, Marist and the other colleges who tend to wait until players develop but all around, this is a big year that the colleges are focusing on the 2020's primarily and looking for stand out 2021's[/quote]
Originally Posted by NJLaxr
[quote=Agreed. With some 2020's already committed, coaches will be focusing on the 2020's and 2021's. NXT runs great events and the Philly Showcase is also the best one I've seen thus far but the others mentioned were also great.

Agree with everything you mentioned. My son who is committed to a mid to low tier division one school attended all 4 of those events (Showtime, Black Card, NXT and Und1sputed) and he was seen by several schools there. Years prior, we did the Blue Chip and other ones but they just didn't have enough schools or competition wasn't strong and the landscape wasn't great. If you are looking for D1 exposure, the 4 mentioned are what I would recommend and the Maryland Lacrosse Showcase and LI Lacrosse Showcase at the end of the summer were good to be seen by a mixture of D1,2, & 3 colleges.
The Madlax invitational showcase is a scam and so are the Fab Frosh, Super Soph Showcases. Maybe a dozen coaches there, waste of money, buyer beware.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Anyone see this new Apex 60 Showcase? It is a first year event but who is behind this?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Looking For Feedback/Opinions: If I have a child going into 9th Grade who is a good player (not amazing, but good), should I signup for a showcase to get some exposure or do you think that is something to wait for? I see this Long Island Showcase at the end of the summer and was thing about signing up for that...Thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why not, the showcase is close ( on LI) if you and your child are available and it isn't cost prohibitive have a go at it

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
why not, the showcase is close ( on LI) if you and your child are available and it isn't cost prohibitive have a go at it

Yea it is on LI and not expensive so I will def. register my son.. Appreciate your reply.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by NassauLaxDad516

Yea it is on LI and not expensive so I will def. register my son.. Appreciate your reply.

Are you referring to the D1 Und1sputed Showcase or the LI Showcase? My son went to the D1 Showcase last year and other than the rain causing a hiccup the first 1.5 hours, it was great packed with D1 Coaches on each of the 2 two fields with probably 140 players which helped my son with committing to a school that the Associate HC was there and the year before that, we did the Long Island Showcase and that was great especially because it was the first showcase we ever did. That one had around 120 players .

So if you are thinking about either one, both were great but depending on what you are looking for, those 2 are catered to different levels of colleges even though the LI Showcase had like 13 division 1 colleges....the D1 Showcase had 32 D1 Colleges I think with a few local D2/D3 coaches where the LI Showcase had around 20 D2/D3 colleges.

If you are talking about the fl$ one, waste of money; too many players and over hyped . Save your money and do not go, trust me.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Anyone else get invited to the und1sputed showcase? If so, how much time do you have before the invite is no longer valid?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
until all the spots are filled up. They need to fill every spot so if you are interested just sign up.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Thank you very much.

Link Copied to Clipboard