Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 05:14 PM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 05:00 PM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 04:59 PM
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 04:51 PM
Holdbacks
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 04:41 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,157
Posts341,833
Members2,465
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 267 of 528 1 2 265 266 267 268 269 527 528
(NA) (NA) Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #263879 05/30/18 03:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can we talk about Counties coming up? Mattituck vs Babylon tonight. Any predictions for Thursday?

No surprise in Mattituck over Babylon, defense holds their leading scorer to 1 point.
I'm routing for West Islip over Northport, I think West Babylon has what it needs for win against ESM and Mt Sinai over Westhampton.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #263891 05/30/18 10:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]who will be Wantagh's coach next year?

Why do you say that?

A YJ coach will be on the move to a lacrosse town after striking out at one that's not

Only problem, wantagh isnt a lacrosse town anymore. they had a nice run though.

County Finals
Wantagh vs CSH. Not a bad run for a non lacrosse town. Winning the finals last season and in the finals again this year.

Who exactly did Wantagh beat to get to the championship game??? Nobody

Let it go already you obviously have an axe to grind with Wantagh. They have exceeded expectations regardless of what happens in the final.

Really, back to back finals and this stunad questions Wantagh lacrosse.

Bad team in a bad conference, lets stop with the BS about making it to county championship, embarrassed doesn't begin to describe Wantagh lacrosse tonight

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #263893 05/31/18 07:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do we even play the regular season in Nassau? CSH, Manhasset, Garden City all there again at the end....Congratulations. NO surprise that the teams that have deep rosters because they share the ball keep beating up on teams that run everything through a few players. I cant ever recall a Newsday top scorer from any of these teams

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #263903 05/31/18 01:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do we even play the regular season in Nassau? CSH, Manhasset, Garden City all there again at the end....Congratulations. NO surprise that the teams that have deep rosters because they share the ball keep beating up on teams that run everything through a few players. I cant ever recall a Newsday top scorer from any of these teams

I don't care if my daughters team wins. As long as my daughter scores 3 or 4 goals I am happy. Who cares if she takes 14 shots? Certainly not the coach... Who cares if she is detriment to the team? Not the coach... Scoring goals is all that matters. My daughters coach doesn't stop her from going to the goal so it must be okay. There are a couple of other players who also try to force their way to goal and the coach says nothing to them either. I guess it is all good. What I can't figure out is why we never make it to the county finals... forget about winning a championship we can't even get to the finals. I just don't understand it, I think they need to get the ball to my daughter more so she can shoot more.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #263904 05/31/18 01:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC v Manhasset will be a good one tonight! True that generally never see a top scorer from these teams..wish we could see one of these teams up play northport or mt sinai...

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #263911 05/31/18 03:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the guy constantly bashing Wantagh Girls Lacrosse

Let's be honest...you are

- Not a CSH parent/fan because they are too classy and would not stoop this low. They are a very good team that improved as the year progressed. They lost to this terrible Wantagh team albeit it was very early in the season. I wish them luck against the Suffolk C champs and I think they can win it all.

- Another C level team parent/fan that is not that good and can never get past the C level Power Conference schools (CSH, NS, and Wantagh).

- More than likely a Wantagh parent/fan...a typical - whose kid gets no playing time or perhaps did not make the varsity this year even though more than a handful of 9th graders made it due to lack of depth. Of course they were embarrassed last night because they expect more out of themselves and did not want to let the program down. I looked back (5) years and see they have been five time semi-finalists, four time finalist (two in B and two in C), two time Nassau County Champs (one in B and one in C), They have quite a few girls that are playing D1 lacrosse so stop being a keyboard cowboy and take little Susie to the wall a few more times so she can improve and maybe get on the field this way all us fans can get to hear you yell "Go to goal"...

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #263912 05/31/18 03:18 PM
A
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
A
Carle Place girls would beat either one of them....would be a good game, but Frogs prevail in end...and they will prove it against Mattituck!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #263914 05/31/18 03:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't care if my daughters team wins. As long as my daughter scores 3 or 4 goals I am happy. Who cares if she takes 14 shots? Certainly not the coach... Who cares if she is detriment to the team? Not the coach... Scoring goals is all that matters. My daughters coach doesn't stop her from going to the goal so it must be okay. There are a couple of other players who also try to force their way to goal and the coach says nothing to them either. I guess it is all good. What I can't figure out is why we never make it to the county finals... forget about winning a championship we can't even get to the finals. I just don't understand it, I think they need to get the ball to my daughter more so she can shoot more.

Funny but true. The parents on our team are more worried about points and padding that college resume than ever winning the counties. Selfish teams with selfish players and their get recruited at all cost parents never seem to win. Great to see JMU win it all without a single LI scorer. It's a beautiful game when that ball gets spread around and it starts in PAL

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #263917 05/31/18 03:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not only did LI Metro 1 take the top division , they played LI Metro 2 in the championships. Both teams did very well in the top division.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #263920 05/31/18 04:21 PM
A
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
A

Funny but true. The parents on our team are more worried about points and padding that college resume than ever winning the counties. Selfish teams with selfish players and their get recruited at all cost parents never seem to win. Great to see JMU win it all without a single LI scorer. It's a beautiful game when that ball gets spread around and it starts in PAL

PAL dad coaches yelling for daughter to "go to goal"...

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #263933 05/31/18 06:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are ridiculous. The girl that won MVP is without question the best 2020 in the country. You LI folks should be familiar with her as she is listed as YJ commit to Syracuse on their website. She moved to Florida a couple years ago. Why are you hating on a 16 year old girl? She also dominated at the UA Underclass last summer. Guess there’s no competition there either?

There was great competition at UA. It is by far the most competitive and prestigious select event there is. She may have dominated her team, but many other players dominated their team as well, and ultimately the
tournament MVP went to the most deserving girl on the winning team. I will say that schoolgirls is also a very prestigious event as well, made up of many/most of all the same girls who played UA, no surprise. It is funny how so many people cry politics on these select tryout events, yet it is many of the same girls selected from two completely different events with zero common connection. Anyway congrats to the kid for mvp, but I too, like the original poster was surprised by this selection.

They cry politics on everything. Recruiting , Club Team, School Girl, Under Armour you name it. Logic and reason are thrown out the windo as is reality.

My kid makes essentially all those teams and you are ignorant if you do not feel politics is involved in all these things . The school girls thing was ridiculous , it’s like giving the Tewaaraton to a player who plays in a weak division who never plays a decent team .

Like Reply Quote
anonomous #263938 05/31/18 07:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by anonomous
Carle Place girls would beat either one of them....would be a good game, but Frogs prevail in end...and they will prove it against Mattituck!

This has to be some pot stiring loser.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #263940 05/31/18 08:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are ridiculous. The girl that won MVP is without question the best 2020 in the country. You LI folks should be familiar with her as she is listed as YJ commit to Syracuse on their website. She moved to Florida a couple years ago. Why are you hating on a 16 year old girl? She also dominated at the UA Underclass last summer. Guess there’s no competition there either?

There was great competition at UA. It is by far the most competitive and prestigious select event there is. She may have dominated her team, but many other players dominated their team as well, and ultimately the
tournament MVP went to the most deserving girl on the winning team. I will say that schoolgirls is also a very prestigious event as well, made up of many/most of all the same girls who played UA, no surprise. It is funny how so many people cry politics on these select tryout events, yet it is many of the same girls selected from two completely different events with zero common connection. Anyway congrats to the kid for mvp, but I too, like the original poster was surprised by this selection.

They cry politics on everything. Recruiting , Club Team, School Girl, Under Armour you name it. Logic and reason are thrown out the windo as is reality.

My kid makes essentially all those teams and you are ignorant if you do not feel politics is involved in all these things . The school girls thing was ridiculous , it’s like giving the Tewaaraton to a player who plays in a weak division who never plays a decent team .

I guess that you must be connected.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #263941 05/31/18 08:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can GC hire some real coaches now!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #263942 05/31/18 08:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess that you must be connected.

Yes I am . That said it’s not only politics but it does certainly come into play and you must be ignorant .

Like Reply Quote
Page 267 of 528 1 2 265 266 267 268 269 527 528
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard