BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 35 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 34 35
Re: Duke's Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he called to offer a free spot for returning to 22 team. no way would ever go back. they are poisonous.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
he called to offer a free spot for returning to 22 team. no way would ever go back. they are poisonous.

got the same call for my son on the 2023, should be a fun trip to Boston for Duke's Nationals it will be interesting to see the outcome of the games. We are complete done with this program, a complete scam and money making operation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

got the same call for my son on the 2023, should be a fun trip to Boston for Duke's Nationals it will be interesting to see the outcome of the games. We are complete done with this program, a complete scam and money making operation.

They will still win easily all B teams in the tournament

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are here and barely no anyone; definitely have kids that are either below the travel line or just were never in the team. Just saw the 4 team bracket; what a complete waste of our time. This program is an absolute disgrace.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are here and barely no anyone; definitely have kids that are either below the travel line or just were never in the team. Just saw the 4 team bracket; what a complete waste of our time. This program is an absolute disgrace.

Maybe no one there because the tryout is until 6:00 tonight and you post 12 hours early.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryout? They Are in Boston to play a tournament

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not as many at mini camp as in the past but still a good turnout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you pick up your phone and go to there website the first thing that pops up is a big screen shot about this weekend. In big writing it says “tryouts”. May 26th in Foxboro. After that, they are in a tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sitting here watching the 2023 team play a bunch of C team; this is how my family is spending Memorial Day weekend. This is the competition a National Team is playing now? This is what I signed my son up for? This will be our last tournament; complete waste of time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You too can spend money to participate in tournaments where you win 21-3. What kind of arsehats let their youth team score 21 against another youth team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sitting here watching the 2023 team play a bunch of C team; this is how my family is spending Memorial Day weekend. This is the competition a National Team is playing now? This is what I signed my son up for? This will be our last tournament; complete waste of time.

Have to play each month or G don’t get paid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You shouldn’t be in this tournament and your not a 2023 team. 1. your a national team pulling from multiple states playing against local travel teams. 2. Your playing 1-2 years down (before you reply, you are, we don’t name kids names here but the lacrosse world is small and it can’t be hidden any longer). You all must be very proud outscoring teams 48-6 today. By the end of tomorrow, at this pace, you will probably out score 75-8. Congrats to dukes, the NCAA futures champions. You can now post this on your website for future advertising.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have to play each month or G don’t get paid

None of our games was remotely competitive and guess what? We get to play them again tomorrow for a “championship”. It’s actully embarrassing to be here as a National Team.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

You shouldn’t be in this tournament and your not a 2023 team. 1. your a national team pulling from multiple states playing against local travel teams. 2. Your playing 1-2 years down (before you reply, you are, we don’t name kids names here but the lacrosse world is small and it can’t be hidden any longer). You all must be very proud outscoring teams 48-6 today. By the end of tomorrow, at this pace, you will probably out score 75-8. Congrats to dukes, the NCAA futures champions. You can now post this on your website for future advertising.
I still for the life of me can't figure out why they don't choose to play up a division? One i'm sure many are older, two its just what top teams use to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxPa2014

I still for the life of me can't figure out why they don't choose to play up a division? One i'm sure many are older, two its just what top teams use to do.

They should at least play cross overs. Team 91 Titans is a 24 national team and a WSYL Qualifier and Victor is a decent upstate NY team.....not that the games would be close but possibly more competitive and at least playing different teams. Tournaments need to learn to adapt to the competition level that shows up....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no learning or advantage that comes from playing that tournament. I am speaking from experience as my son was previously on that team and we made the trip the last two times. It is a shame because the core group of kids who comprised that team from the beginning are slowly dwindling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no learning or advantage that comes from playing that tournament. I am speaking from experience as my son was previously on that team and we made the trip the last two times. It is a shame because the core group of kids who comprised that team from the beginning are slowly dwindling.

Dukes is about cycling players thru for money. Its not about the players learning. The core group of kids are gone because they are better than Dukes has to offer. The only Duke that matters is in Durham.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxPa2014

In order for the 2023 team to play up a division, they technically would have to play in 2021. They would not do so well and it would not be good for business. And yes your 2023 is made up of 80% 2022 kids, we all know who they are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dukes is about cycling players thru for money. Its not about the players learning. The core group of kids are gone because they are better than Dukes has to offer. The only Duke that matters is in Durham.

Exactly, very well said. The entire program is built around money, the noted team sayings as per G, commitment to the team, Superior student athletes are all false, as long as parents are paying and buying into the lies it keeps the bank full for G. I know, I bought into it for two years and it was a complete waste of time and money. It was my own fault but I hope this blog helps other people out and they do not make the same mistake.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another stellar tournament for the Dukes Nationals 2023 at Beach Lax coming up. Some tough competition against the likes of South River, Cavalier and Lax Factory!!! Murderers Row for a National Team; I just don't know if they will be able to compete against those teams; I hope my sarcasm is coming through.

After this passed weekends debacle; did anyone see G fighting with the coach from LI, Beach Lax is just another nail in the coffin for this "ELITE TEAM"? Way to represent coach!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After this passed weekends debacle; did anyone see G fighting with the coach from LI, Beach Lax is just another nail in the coffin for this "ELITE TEAM"? Way to represent coach!!

You mean the coach who made the obnoxious parent apologize to all the Duke's dads while eating a cruller from Dunkin Donuts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean the coach who made the obnoxious parent apologize to all the Duke's dads while eating a cruller from Dunkin Donuts?

Yes that’s what happened, that makes sense. I thought you Dukes guys are about scholarship, better get back to the drawing board. Might be hard since you sound like the 23 dukes dad that bought his outfit that morning at the Ducks Dynasty Souvenir store. Get it right your a Duke not a Duck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I need more context. This sounds interesting but is really confusing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another stellar tournament for the Dukes Nationals 2023 at Beach Lax coming up. Some tough competition against the likes of South River, Cavalier and Lax Factory!!! Murderers Row for a National Team; I just don't know if they will be able to compete against those teams; I hope my sarcasm is coming through.

When is Dukes Nationals ever going to play in a real tournament, Beach Lax this weekend, what a joke. G do you think you might be able to find a real quality tournament for our kids with all the money we pay?? I think the players deserve a chance to play against good teams and not blow out every team they play especially since they are noted as "The Nations most talented youth Players" on the website. Just a quick question how exactly do you promote the teams as the Nations most talented youth players, is there a list I missed that had Dukes Nationals as #1 in the nation??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Another stellar tournament for the Dukes Nationals 2023 at Beach Lax coming up. Some tough competition against the likes of South River, Cavalier and Lax Factory!!! Murderers Row for a National Team; I just don't know if they will be able to compete against those teams; I hope my sarcasm is coming through.

When is Dukes Nationals ever going to play in a real tournament, Beach Lax this weekend, what a joke. G do you think you might be able to find a real quality tournament for our kids with all the money we pay?? I think the players deserve a chance to play against good teams and not blow out every team they play especially since they are noted as "The Nations most talented youth Players" on the website. Just a quick question how exactly do you promote the teams as the Nations most talented youth players, is there a list I missed that had Dukes Nationals as #1 in the nation??[/quote

Yo started real we’re pretending to be a parent. Then you exposed Yourself at the end. Anyway, Dukes needs these blow out to promote themselves as a winner every year. Can’t blame the owner if the tournaments keep taking him. I would have everyteam forget against them when they show up, espicsllg what they did at NCAA futures.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When is Dukes Nationals ever going to play in a real tournament, Beach Lax this weekend, what a joke. G do you think you might be able to find a real quality tournament for our kids with all the money we pay?? I think the players deserve a chance to play against good teams and not blow out every team they play especially since they are noted as "The Nations most talented youth Players" on the website. Just a quick question how exactly do you promote the teams as the Nations most talented youth players, is there a list I missed that had Dukes Nationals as #1 in the nation??

This tournament is usually much more competitive. $995 to enter a team, what did you pay?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This tournament is usually much more competitive. $995 to enter a team, what did you pay?

Funny how the tournament gets bashed because of the misguided perception that Duke's is still a top level national team. Did you ever consider that they might be playing exactly where they belong. If the club thought that the team could run with the other national and holdback teams, I am sure that they would be playing them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes play in B tourney, all of the other top teams in the US play in Platinum Cup or NLF. C'mon G you can do better!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes play in B tourney, all of the other top teams in the US play in Platinum Cup or NLF. C'mon G you can do better!

Not enough kids showing up to compete in those events, very low numbers this past weekend, I feel bad for the kids that did show up. No question that they have some really talented players, but hard to make a run in any tournament with such a short bench.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All his players were playing in those tournaments just not for the dukes. That is his issue he does not develop his own talent he just borrows it from all the other travel club. The best part is when the players decide to play for the home club which invests hours every week to make the players better he bitches and moans that players are not committing to playing for his team that gives you a 3-hour mini-camp monthly. If you actually watch the mini-camps you can see there is 1 maybe 2 coaches and no one is there doing any type of true evaluations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All his players were playing in those tournaments just not for the dukes. That is his issue he does not develop his own talent he just borrows it from all the other travel club. The best part is when the players decide to play for the home club which invests hours every week to make the players better he bitches and moans that players are not committing to playing for his team that gives you a 3-hour mini-camp monthly. If you actually watch the mini-camps you can see there is 1 maybe 2 coaches and no one is there doing any type of true evaluations.

That is the inherent problem with the whole model - when there are options - and the grass is greener - the kids are going to jump ship. Unfortunately, it will be a costly lesson for some very nice families

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is the inherent problem with the whole model - when there are options - and the grass is greener - the kids are going to jump ship. Unfortunately, it will be a costly lesson for some very nice families

no one cares about DUKEs at ALL. . Waste of time talking about it. I agree with the entire statement above. Stick to the local clubs, Much better in Developing your child. Saying you play for Dukes National Does nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most families have already jump from that sinking ship and the players are playing for different teams now, do not waste time or money on this program you will be extremely disappointed and poor afterwards..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not enough kids showing up to compete in those events, very low numbers this past weekend, I feel bad for the kids that did show up. No question that they have some really talented players, but hard to make a run in any tournament with such a short bench.

Should be a great time at Naptown, I hear more kids are leaving the 20223 team, they might not even be able to field a complete team and if they do they are in trouble in that tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Should be a great time at Naptown, I hear more kids are leaving the 20223 team, they might not even be able to field a complete team and if they do they are in trouble in that tournament.

The team has been feeding on B level lacrosse teams the entire summer. If I am shelling out money for my son to play elite level lacrosse this program is not for you!! Naptown will be an eye opener for Dukes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids are leaving the 2023 team because they have to make room for the 2022’s and 2021’s that are coming down on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just like the 2021’s that moves down to 2022 last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone needs to help these parents understand, or maybe they already do. This Big 12 tourney was complete garbage, 6 teams in the 2021 bracket, 6 total teams! That’s ridiculous. The only other team that was halfway decent in the whole bracket was Rock and they are not strong, never had a D1 commit ever and have lost by a lot to Mesa, Freedom, and Team 11. Dukes is not what it was and unless Ebe and the guys make some serious changes they will keep sliding backwards towards irrelevance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids are leaving the 2023 team because they have to make room for the 2022’s and 2021’s that are coming down on the team.

Freedom '23 had a few of Duke helmets on their team this weekend. Two of the kids looked 15 but they could play. Parents on the Freedom sideline were complaining about playtime. Sounded like they were new to the team and taking playing time away for kids that had been on the team for awhile.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Freedom '23 had a few of Duke helmets on their team this weekend. Two of the kids looked 15 but they could play. Parents on the Freedom sideline were complaining about playtime. Sounded like they were new to the team and taking playing time away for kids that had been on the team for awhile.

The Freedom 2023 team is the old Dukes nation team just playing under Freedom name, same players different team.

Like Reply Quote
Page 20 of 35 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 34 35
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard