BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 40 of 47 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 46 47
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If there’s no difference in age why aren’t the crabs and hawks going to the World Series of lacrosse, yeah #9 is 13 yrs old, you parents should be ashamed of yourselves

Parents should be ashamed for not going to WSYL or having a big kid who's good at lacrosse? Pretty sure Paul Rabil Lebron James or any great athlete who's 6'5 or more was accused of being told old for a league when they were 13. Who knows if this kid will be a star 6-7 years from now. But sometimes you just got to tip your hat to a player and team that's a cut above. My kids team played them twice and #9 was unstoppable but Hawks were hardly a one man show.

As far as Denver the age guideline is a factor as every team will have a few kids with summer 01 bday. But with the young guns, Naptown, Millon, Nxt etc all having great competition from all over in our backyard, I wouldn't want to pay thousands to go there for lacrosse.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree that the AA division had many well matched teams. Hats off to VLC for winning, but also to Cavs, MadLax and South River which were also competitive and could have won on a given day. For a newish team, 3D looked like it could compete along side them next year with just a few new kids. Would love to see a Fall league based around Northern VA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disagree on Madlax. They were destroyed by Cavalier. Not on the same level as the other 3.

VLC was impressive as a brand new team. Several of these teams were more worthy than Team 91 of being in thr Elite division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disagree on Madlax. They were destroyed by Cavalier. Not on the same level as the other 3.

VLC was impressive as a brand new team. Several of these teams were more worthy than Team 91 of being in thr Elite division.

Madlax beat SR, lost to VLC by one, and Cannon's were the top seed. Hard to say ML is not right there. Maybe an off game v. Cav? The division was close all year long for several teams. I am sure Team 91 would have done well in this division along with BLC. Teams are now moving on to the summer and Elite is no longer a label. IMHO
2023:
Tier one:
Hawks (class by themselves)
Tier two:
Club Blue, Looney's, Crabs, FCA, NL, BLC (?) with CB the clear best of the group
Tier three:
91, VLC, Cav, SR, MLX
Tier four:
Lax Factory, PLC, 3d, Cannon's, Top Caliber
This is based on games I have seen and just an opinion for those interested if facing these teams in a summer tournament. Hawks should play in the HS 2022 Division this summer for the extra challenge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax beat SR, lost to VLC by one, and Cannon's were the top seed. Hard to say ML is not right there. Maybe an off game v. Cav? The division was close all year long for several teams. I am sure Team 91 would have done well in this division along with BLC. Teams are now moving on to the summer and Elite is no longer a label. IMHO
2023:
Tier one:
Tier two:
Club Blue, Looney's, Crabs, FCA, NL, BLC (?) with CB the clear best of the group
Tier three:
91, VLC, Cav, SR, MLX
Tier four:
This is based on games I have seen and just an opinion for those interested if facing these teams in a summer tournament. Hawks should play in the HS 2022 Division this summer for the extra challenge.

I would rank the 2023 Elite division as:

- Tier 1 would be Hawks & Club Blue (no question on the Hawks, CB/Hawks regular season was a 2 goal game, could have gone either way, but no other team was competitive with CB)
- Tier 2 would be Looney's, Crabs, FCA, NL
- Tier 3 BLC & 91MD

I don't think the other teams are competitive with these teams, so I won't list them...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023:
Tier one:
Tier two:
Tier three:
91, VLC, Cav, SR, MLX
Tier four:

- Tier 1 would be Hawks & Club Blue (no question on the Hawks, CB/Hawks regular season was a 2 goal game, could have gone either way, but no other team was competitive with CB)
- Tier 3 BLC & 91MD

I don't think the other teams are competitive with these teams, so I won't list them...

Time to stop referring to Club Blue. It is Madlax now. stinks for all the Madlax haters who loved picking on the 2023 team. For 2022-2024, Madlax is now (at worst) Top 3 in each age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023:
Tier one:
Tier two:
Tier three:
91, VLC, Cav, SR, MLX
Tier four:

- Tier 3 BLC & 91MD

Time to stop referring to Club Blue. It is Madlax now. stinks for all the Madlax haters who loved picking on the 2023 team. For 2022-2024, Madlax is now (at worst) Top 3 in each age group.

Club Blue merging with Madlax?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is true regular season Hawks/Club Blue score was 12-10 Could have gone either way? Not if you watched the game. Hawks were in the driver seat after the first 5 minutes, as CB came out to a quick 3-0 start.

Championship game was 9-4. However, CB. did not score after early in second Q. Actually, they may not have scored after the first Q. Hawks could have scored more, but controlled the game and held down shooting in the last 6 minutes

best two teams in the league were Hawks and CB, but Hawks was a cut above. No question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023:
Tier one:
Tier two:
Tier three:
91, VLC, Cav, SR, MLX
Tier four:

- Tier 3 BLC & 91MD

Club Blue merging with Madlax?

Yes or at least the good CB 2023 is merging. Not sure what will happen to the other two CB teams (2022 and 2023 VA).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haven’t hear the details. So is MadLax’s long term plan to field two 2023 teams (basically an A squad and a B squad) or merge the two into one very good team (the best players from CB and the capitol team)

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023:
Tier one:
Tier two:
Tier three:
91, VLC, Cav, SR, MLX
Tier four:

- Tier 3 BLC & 91MD

LOL. You think those CB Montgomery county parent will give the Madlax guy their money? Several kids already leaving for other clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023:
Tier one:
Tier two:
Tier three:
91, VLC, Cav, SR, MLX
Tier four:

- Tier 3 BLC & 91MD

LOL. You think those CB Montgomery county parent will give the Madlax guy their money? Several kids already leaving for other clubs.

The kids who will leave are the current Madlax Cap players who will now be the B team. The Club Blue kids are following the coach and team which is one of the best in the nation at this age group. The roster is already listed. They may add a few more pieces. There will be a lot of kids at tryout next week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best part is that the 2023 Club Blue team, at one point was in the process of becoming the Maryland Hawks. An agreement was in place by Hogan to take over the team and rebrand it as he looks to push into the Bethesda / MoCo area. Now I believe they are being merged with Madlax and being rebranded as Madlax DC Dawgs.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best part is that the 2023 Club Blue team, at one point was in the process of becoming the Maryland Hawks. An agreement was in place by Hogan to take over the team and rebrand it as he looks to push into the Bethesda / MoCo area. Now I believe they are being merged with Madlax and being rebranded as Madlax DC Dawgs.....

I'm pretty sure that was only for the 2021 age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was the entire organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Club Blue was trying to become the "Maryland" Hawks what are the Hawks now? Is Annapolis still in Maryland? Madlax will be the DC Dogs who practice in MD. There will still be "0" top level teams in VA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was the entire organization.

The 2023 VA and 2022 Club Blue teams were not nearly as good as the main 2023 team. But smart move by Madlax! The Madlax 2023 coaching will be top notch with the CB coaches coming over. Sure, some players from Capital and CB will come and go as players always do, but this will easily be the best 2023 team outside of Annapolis.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Club Blue 2022 and 2023VA teams are garbage. The 2023 team would be good if everyone sticks together, but several are already leaving. It will pay off for one year only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is having another tryout next week? It seems odd teams would change rosters now with most team's tryout's again in August. Most teams play 3 tournaments. Do many teams change rosters going into the summer? I assumed rosters change in August and mostly stay the same for a year. Any other teams add/dropping kids before the summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023:
Tier one:
Tier two:
Tier three:
91, VLC, Cav, SR, MLX
Tier four:

- Tier 3 BLC & 91MD

What does it say about Looneys that they supposedly got several of the best Crabs players yet finished behind them in Hoco and then embarrassed themselves in the playoffs?

Hawks and Club Blue Tier 1
Crabs and Next Level Tier 2
91, Bethesda, Looneys next

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023:
Tier one:
Tier two:
Tier three:
91, VLC, Cav, SR, MLX
Tier four:

- Tier 3 BLC & 91MD

What does it say about Looneys that they supposedly got several of the best Crabs players yet finished behind them in Hoco and then embarrassed themselves in the playoffs?

Hawks and Club Blue Tier 1
Crabs and Next Level Tier 2
91, Bethesda, Looneys next

It’s says the coaching got better know that FB is gone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Cavalier 2023 is the #16 team in the nation?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who keeps poo putting 91 as a top team? They lost to a lot of teams inthe fall and spring. They would lose to VLC, SR and some other HoCo AA teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who keeps poo putting 91 as a top team? They lost to a lot of teams inthe fall and spring. They would lose to VLC, SR and some other HoCo AA teams

Rumor is MM is bringing some kids down from the 22 team next year; the 2022 will not be playing in the Spring League. Holdbacks are most prevalent in 8th grade; this will be exception.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rumor is MM is bringing some kids down from the 22 team next year; the 2022 will not be playing in the Spring League. Holdbacks are most prevalent in 8th grade; this will be exception.

How could 22 be playing in the spring next year when they are in HS, dummy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is listing 91 as a top team. Funny though how Madlax and 91 could not make good teams at this age so they resort to buying another team (CB) and brining in older players. How about you coach up the kids you have? That is what parents are supposed to be paying for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately from what I’ve seen that’s the strategy and business model that most of “better” teams use - it’s far easier and quicker to recruit a great player to join your club than to coach up the kids you have. Don’t be naive parents - it’s a business - clubs are always looking for someone better to strengthen the team and build the club brand. Go into it with open eyes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately from what I’ve seen that’s the strategy and business model that most of “better” teams use - it’s far easier and quicker to recruit a great player to join your club than to coach up the kids you have. Don’t be naive parents - it’s a business - clubs are always looking for someone better to strengthen the team and build the club brand. Go into it with open eyes.

And open wallets

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 22s who hold back won't be playing in HS. They will be playing with the 8th graders again. The players holding back are among the best in the 8th grade now. Look out next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 22s who hold back won't be playing in HS. They will be playing with the 8th graders again. The players holding back are among the best in the 8th grade now. Look out next year.

Or they could just be 7th Graders that played up this year to get better and play stronger competition. Everything can't be just a hold-back excuse.

I know of 2 such kids that played 2023 in 2017 and 2022 in 2018 and will play back at the 2023 in 2019, and they will probably be better than everyone else because of that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smart move by MM. His son couldn't really hack it anymore at the 2022 level against good teams. He will still struggle against bigger and good defenses like Club Blue, Hawks, Looneys but will get his 5 or 6 goals when playing in the fall and summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yawn ... same BS bashing of same coaches and same clubs. Hits on this site must be way down due to lack of creativity and substance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the Hawks lost to Saltwater in the weak OC tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes but they played up in 2022 and lost to the 22 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 2023 lost to Saltwater 2022 by one goal. y37keN

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 2023 is playing in the 2022 bracket

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks 23 lost to Saltwater 22 by 1 goal. I guess the party you are trying to have over a Hawks loss just ended.

Go Hawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
go holdbacks...

A
Anonymous