BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 99 of 214 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Was surprised to see Syosset lose to Port last night

weren't they ranked top ten nationally at some point? what a joke

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

(NA) Re: Girls High School Lax
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
When do All County Players get chosen? Who determines the players and what criteria?

1- If your team did not make the playoffs, you will not have any All County players on it.. regardless of talent.

2- the level of your teams success determines how many "award" slots they will have

3- Your coach chooses whom within the team to award. Favorites > those who deserve it.

These points have some validity however there are some differences. Players can and do earn All-County even if they do not make the playoffs. The way way the awards work are contingent on your teams success in which then the team is allotted a certain number of All Conference, Honorable Mention All County and All County awards BUT the other coaches do have to vote a certain percentage in order for a player to earn All County and obviously for All American which is very difficult to earn. Unfortunately, teams that are good get allotted a high number of awards that most likely take away from a good player on a bad team and it's unfortunate that some of the awards are not truly voted upon by the coaches but just given by your coach bc of the system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by TM@BOTC
When do All County Players get chosen? Who determines the players and what criteria?

1- If your team did not make the playoffs, you will not have any All County players on it.. regardless of talent.

2- the level of your teams success determines how many "award" slots they will have

3- Your coach chooses whom within the team to award. Favorites > those who deserve it.

These points have some validity however there are some differences. Players can and do earn All-County even if they do not make the playoffs. The way way the awards work are contingent on your teams success in which then the team is allotted a certain number of All Conference, Honorable Mention All County and All County awards BUT the other coaches do have to vote a certain percentage in order for a player to earn All County and obviously for All American which is very difficult to earn. Unfortunately, teams that are good get allotted a high number of awards that most likely take away from a good player on a bad team and it's unfortunate that some of the awards are not truly voted upon by the coaches but just given by your coach bc of the system.

Wrong, coaches do not vote on all county.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do you know how many allotments each team has. Did it change this year? Is it an extra player per round if they make playoffs? Are there all tournament Playoff awards?
Obviously just curious

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do you know how many allotments each team has. Did it change this year? Is it an extra player per round if they make playoffs? Are there all tournament Playoff awards?
Obviously just curious

Its a team game, only award that you should be worrying about is the state title...if your not first your last

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
(NA) (NA) Re: Girls High School Lax
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Obviously just curious

It is done before the Playoffs so if you are a #1 seed, the team can get allotted anywhere from 6-12 awards. Am finding out now exactly how many spots are given to each respective team in the order in which they are ranked/seeded going into the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Coaches Absolutely Do Vote for All County Players. The only award that is "given" out is All Conference...HM All County & All County Awards are voted by the coaches but you have to be nominated by your coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches Absolutely Do Vote for All County Players. The only award that is "given" out is All Conference...HM All County & All County Awards are voted by the coaches but you have to be nominated by your coach.

You can say that all you want but you are still wrong .i have been to those meetings . Simply put each team is given a certain amount of awards strictly based on where they finished at the end of the regular season . If a team is given let’s say 2 all county , 3 all division based on where they finished the head coach selects who gets those awards, on occasion a coach may trade an all county for two all divisions with another coach etc but it is not voted on .This is in regard to section 11 and AA awards are done differently .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So why is favoritism allowed over talent, stats? A really good player can be overlooked by her coach because of playing favorites? Aren't there some general guidelines?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

So why is favoritism allowed over talent, stats? A really good player can be overlooked by her coach because of playing favorites? Aren't there some general guidelines?

You lost me at stats. I think it's been argued here to death that at least half the time someone's stats are the result of running up the score against weaker teams. HS teams keep stats for goals and assists, and goalie stats. No one is tallying ground balls or caused turnovers. Can you see where I'm going here? Plenty of girls who do their job and do it well but don't get recognition. As far as I know, there are no guidelines. There's a lot of stats (and we all know their worth) and then there's who the coach values or likes. Color me jaded. I saw a girl get All County when she couldn't even do a thing with her non-dominant hand. She couldn't understand plays, would ask my kid to explain them to her and then not execute them. An athletic girl but not a stellar lacrosse player but the coach love, love, loved her.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was surprised to see Syosset lose to Port last night

weren't they ranked top ten nationally at some point? what a joke

Top 10 nationally??? Where do you come up with this stuff???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Us lax magazine had them top ten earlier in season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes top 10 after 4 games...they beat Garden City in one of those games who was already ranked very high preseason.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]who will be Wantagh's coach next year?

Why do you say that?

A YJ coach will be on the move to a lacrosse town after striking out at one that's not

Only problem, wantagh isnt a lacrosse town anymore. they had a nice run though.

County Finals
Wantagh vs CSH. Not a bad run for a non lacrosse town. Winning the finals last season and in the finals again this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

You lost me at stats. I think it's been argued here to death that at least half the time someone's stats are the result of running up the score against weaker teams. HS teams keep stats for goals and assists, and goalie stats. No one is tallying ground balls or caused turnovers. Can you see where I'm going here? Plenty of girls who do their job and do it well but don't get recognition. As far as I know, there are no guidelines. There's a lot of stats (and we all know their worth) and then there's who the coach values or likes. Color me jaded. I saw a girl get All County when she couldn't even do a thing with her non-dominant hand. She couldn't understand plays, would ask my kid to explain them to her and then not execute them. An athletic girl but not a stellar lacrosse player but the coach love, love, loved her.

Well that's why I'm curious. And that's why I think coaches from other teams need to give bids for opposing team's players. Big deal a player can get 20 goals etc in on weaker teams - what about the true quality of their play? What about the play makers that get those ground balls but whose "stats' may not show tremendous goals, what about GB Stats, Forced Turnovers, %DCW etc..... Let's recognize the true Athletes and not favorites....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well that's why I'm curious. And that's why I think coaches from other teams need to give bids for opposing team's players. Big deal a player can get 20 goals etc in on weaker teams - what about the true quality of their play? What about the play makers that get those ground balls but whose "stats' may not show tremendous goals, what about GB Stats, Forced Turnovers, %DCW etc..... Let's recognize the true Athletes and not favorites....

It is a nice recognition but selection is flawed. On any given year there are players at programs like Garden City and Manhasset who are not recognized. The problem is, that coaches are only given so many picks. there are players who are named All County who would not start on one of the teams loaded with talent. Some coaches will favor seniors others will simple favor a player for whatever reason. Some coaches will not pick a player because they do not like the player or the parent . If you are a really good athlete on an average team you will more than likely be recognized. If you are a really good player on a team with 10 or more really good players it is a crap shoot.

Not trying to diminish the award but every year there are some really good players who are not on the list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes top 10 after 4 games...they beat Garden City in one of those games who was already ranked very high preseason.

That poll is a joke on so many levels, the people who generate that garbage should be embarrassed, they were never a top 10 team on LI, never mind nationwide

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you say that?

A YJ coach will be on the move to a lacrosse town after striking out at one that's not

County Finals
Wantagh vs CSH. Not a bad run for a non lacrosse town. Winning the finals last season and in the finals again this year.

Who exactly did Wantagh beat to get to the championship game??? Nobody

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you expect an opposing coach, in one game per year, to not only recognize the top players on another them and know their names, but then care enough to remember them at the end of the year to vote for them? Because if it's not from that one game they played against them, they would be going on reputation and stats, which is just as bad. Or maybe even worse - just picking the girls they know from their club team, and people would complain about that. Sounds like you have a daughter who doesn't get the recognition she deserves (or you think she deserves), which is frustrating, but it's the same in other sports - number of awards based on team performance - and there's no easy fix.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]who will be Wantagh's coach next year?

Why do you say that?

County Finals

Let it go already you obviously have an axe to grind with Wantagh. They have exceeded expectations regardless of what happens in the final.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you say that?

County Finals

You can only beat who they put in front of you. Beating CSH will be a tall task even though Wantagh beat them early in season. They have been playing very well at end of season. The Nassau power conference is tough every year, just ask St Anthony's (3 losses to power conference) and Sacred Heart (3 losses to power conference). Wantagh may have been close to the bottom of the power conference but they deserve some respect

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
County Predictions?? I say Northport/ ESM and Westhampton.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
County Predictions?? I say Northport/ ESM and Westhampton.

Wi/esm/ sinai

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the LI teams at the schoolgirls national tournament this weekend taking 1 and 2nd. That said ridiculous how US lacrosse is promoting the superstar from down south . The MVP of the tournament was from a non compete lower division , have never seen that before , and is absolutely ridiculous .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They hate giving the HLA Award to Long Island girls and do it very begrudgingly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]who will be Wantagh's coach next year?

Why do you say that?

County Finals

Let it go already you obviously have an axe to grind with Wantagh. They have exceeded expectations regardless of what happens in the final.

Really, back to back finals and this stunad questions Wantagh lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the LI teams at the schoolgirls national tournament this weekend taking 1 and 2nd. That said ridiculous how US lacrosse is promoting the superstar from down south . The MVP of the tournament was from a non compete lower division , have never seen that before , and is absolutely ridiculous .

Who's the superstar from down South?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. Sour grapes much. She’s the mvp because she is by far the best player yhetr

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They hate giving the HLA Award to Long Island girls and do it very begrudgingly.

They averaged 18 goals a game against 3rd and 4th region teams...move them up next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They averaged 18 goals a game against 3rd and 4th region teams...move them up next year.

What team are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team are you talking about?

A team from Florida

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. Sour grapes much. She’s the mvp because she is by far the best player yhetr

No sour grapes, the award has never gone to a player in the lower level non play off brackets . Best player in country is laughable , the kid would be a good player on LI . US lacrosse is trying to promote the sport which is all it is . Congrats to YJ on having another one of their players winning the award .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No sour grapes, the award has never gone to a player in the lower level non play off brackets . Best player in country is laughable , the kid would be a good player on LI . US lacrosse is trying to promote the sport which is all it is . Congrats to YJ on having another one of their players winning the award .

The kid is the real deal, had like 240 pts this hs season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In Florida!!! There is no competition. Wake up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

[/quote]

Really, back to back finals and this stunad questions Wantagh lacrosse.[/quote]

In Nassau county if you aren't in the Power Conference its like you are playing PAL. Division Clarke Locust Valley Valley Lynbrrok Bethpage all out early and then Seaford and Plainedge getting beat up late. Wantagh and CSH are definitely the two best teams

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I think it's been established that points alone mean bubkus.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are ridiculous. The girl that won MVP is without question the best 2020 in the country. You LI folks should be familiar with her as she is listed as YJ commit to Syracuse on their website. She moved to Florida a couple years ago. Why are you hating on a 16 year old girl? She also dominated at the UA Underclass last summer. Guess there’s no competition there either?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never saw her play and never really heard her name so.....got nothing for you.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
who cares who the best player is, and how they play in college, there is no career for them as a player after college so does it really matter. Not like they have a professional womens lacrosse league and she will be negotiating her 8 million dollar salary for 7 years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are ridiculous. The girl that won MVP is without question the best 2020 in the country. You LI folks should be familiar with her as she is listed as YJ commit to Syracuse on their website. She moved to Florida a couple years ago. Why are you hating on a 16 year old girl? She also dominated at the UA Underclass last summer. Guess there’s no competition there either?

She’s never lived on Long Island She just played here one summer

Like Reply Quote
Page 99 of 214 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard