BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 71 of 85 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
shortened or not it was 6-1

The final score was actually 5/2 Express in the final after Shore 2 Shore beat Express 4/3 in the first game.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PS... Shore parents,

You coach screams and cries like a lunatic!!!

Now that is funny! Don't all the top clubs coaches do the same?

very true. regardless they split games, so good competition against each other. glad the weather worked out for everyone on sunday. who's going to andy forsberg?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you think Outlaws, True Blue, or Legacy should play in "A" divisions after the beating this weekend? Is it right for the defense to get bombarded, and the offense to never touch the ball? Money grab for club and no game time for the kids. Thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you think Outlaws, True Blue, or Legacy should play in "A" divisions after the beating this weekend? Is it right for the defense to get bombarded, and the offense to never touch the ball? Money grab for club and no game time for the kids. Thoughts?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. They go down and beat on some of the bad teams and people will tell them to move up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did that Legacy team beat the Warriors at the World Series Qualifier... They got beat up and almost lost to the bottom 91 team....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PS... Shore parents,

Hey Express Parent. Have you listened to yourselves?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
PS... Shore parents,

My son has played both of these teams. I can agree that the S2S coach may be crazy. Haven't seen the express coach like that ever.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son has played for both and they are terrific coaches who care about their players!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by GrayRider
PS... Shore parents,

My son has played both of these teams. I can agree that the S2S coach may be crazy. Haven't seen the express coach like that ever.

Whatever he is doing seems to be working. They beat Express....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did that Legacy team beat the Warriors at the World Series Qualifier... They got beat up and almost lost to the bottom 91 team....

The Warriors played horrible the whole day. Other teams have caught up.to them. They aren't an AA team anymore.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son has played for both and they are terrific coaches who care about their players!!

Only if you're on the AA team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ‘bottom’ 91 team would beat the Warriors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says who, you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh? the warriors are a 91 team!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Spartans lost to Legacy 8-7, 91 Warriors lost to Legacy 8-5.

The Spartans are better coached and hungrier - Warriors have never lived up to their own hype...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Spartans lost to Legacy 8-7, 91 Warriors lost to Legacy 8-5.

The Spartans are better coached and hungrier - Warriors have never lived up to their own hype...

Don't know the coach for the Spartans, and I'm sure he's a nice guy and does his best for the team. But to say his team is better coached compared to the Warriors is a blunder on your behalf. What hype are you talking about? Now if you son would've made the cut to play on the Warriors, I bet you would be singing a different tune. I think you are too caught-up in your own hype.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They brought in 4 '22's for the qualifier. They have since left and Legacy is back to their old selves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They brought in 4 '22's for the qualifier. They have since left and Legacy is back to their old selves.

I would have figured that because nobody showed up to their tryouts, and now all of a sudden they have a team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would have figured that because nobody showed up to their tryouts, and now all of a sudden they have a team?

They lost a lot of players from last year so maybe they are in rebuilding mode.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone who needs to have 8th graders play against 7th graders is a total person bag.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Then that's every AA team in 2023. They all have numerous holdbacks, plus 2 of the AA teams brought down 22's to play in Qualifier. They were legal according to the cutoff, however they are not on the 2023 team they are on the 2022 teams. Whatever, this is beating a dead horse this is how it is like it or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents allowed that to happen and they still didn't qualify... That's ridiculous!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tell that to express and 91.. Also every team in Maryland

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 now with a National team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 now with a National team?

It is a Texas based team that takes some kids from the LI teams to fill. They fly out and stay for like a month to play tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The National teams are a joke. Look at the scores from the 2023 Dukes team at NCAA Futures this wknd: they outscored their opponents 48-6. How does destroying other teams help their kids get better? What does it say about Sportsmanship when you’re blowing teams out by 10 or more just to put a picture on your website? Stay classy Dukes: we’ll see you at WSYL, oh wait, all your kids are older so you couldn’t even field a true U13 team. LOSERS!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone who needs to have 8th graders play against 7th graders is a total person bag.

Its an age based tournament. Anyone born after 9/1/2004 is eligible. Next year, it will be anyone born after 9/1/2005, and so on. How is this unfair? It doesn't matter what grade the kid is in. Lets say you have two kids both born on Oct 1, 2004. One is in 8th grade (where he should be under NY school rules), and one is in 7th grade (probably because he started kindergarten late). How does the 8th grader have an advantage?

This is why the grade-based culture of lacrosse is bad for the sport. In sports which are age based (mostly every other sport except lacrosse) no one cares what grade a kid is in. All they care about is his age, since age is far and away the single greatest determining factor concerning a child's physical development. But yet in lacrosse you have stunads who will say "hey, that kid who was born on Oct 1, 2004 shouldn't be on the field with my kid who was also born on Oct 1, 2004 because that kid is in 8th grade." You might as well be complaining about the color of the kid's shoe laces. Such complaint will have the same amount of merit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS tryouts will take place in July for next year, I was wondering if there are any clubs out there as good as 91, Shore 2 Shore, Express, Igloo?

I appreciate any positive feedback.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The National teams are a joke. Look at the scores from the 2023 Dukes team at NCAA Futures this wknd: they outscored their opponents 48-6. How does destroying other teams help their kids get better? What does it say about Sportsmanship when you’re blowing teams out by 10 or more just to put a picture on your website? Stay classy Dukes: we’ll see you at WSYL, oh wait, all your kids are older so you couldn’t even field a true U13 team. LOSERS!

What’s even more embarrassing, durning one of his teams beat downs against LI, the owner of Dukes was getting into a cursing match with a parent and challenging him to a fight. But not to be outdone, he went over to the other teams coaches and started yelling at them. But, talk to his coaches, nah. They whole weekend they kept their starters in and barely played their bench. Their coaches kept yelling to attack the cage. Really winning 23-3 and still have your first string in. This G guy is a piece of work. He made a complete mockery of travel Lacrosse this weekend at all divisions. A lot blame has to go to NCAA Futures tournament because they allow them to come back every year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its an age based tournament. Anyone born after 9/1/2004 is eligible. Next year, it will be anyone born after 9/1/2005, and so on. How is this unfair? It doesn't matter what grade the kid is in. Lets say you have two kids both born on Oct 1, 2004. One is in 8th grade (where he should be under NY school rules), and one is in 7th grade (probably because he started kindergarten late). How does the 8th grader have an advantage?

This is why the grade-based culture of lacrosse is bad for the sport. In sports which are age based (mostly every other sport except lacrosse) no one cares what grade a kid is in. All they care about is his age, since age is far and away the single greatest determining factor concerning a child's physical development. But yet in lacrosse you have stunads who will say "hey, that kid who was born on Oct 1, 2004 shouldn't be on the field with my kid who was also born on Oct 1, 2004 because that kid is in 8th grade." You might as well be complaining about the color of the kid's shoe laces. Such complaint will have the same amount of merit.

Agreed! I don't care what grade a kid id in.Its all about age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS tryouts will take place in July for next year, I was wondering if there are any clubs out there as good as 91, Shore 2 Shore, Express, Igloo?

Why not try out for one of those? They all have A&B teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any feedback on these teams? Also, if there no openings, what club would be next to look at?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Summer face off for all the unknown teams? My sons team talked about entering but decided it wasn't worth it. Mamas Boyz and the GC team are the only team I recognize. Anyone know if these are new teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What’s even more embarrassing, durning one of his teams beat downs against LI, the owner of Dukes was getting into a cursing match with a parent and challenging him to a fight. But not to be outdone, he went over to the other teams coaches and started yelling at them. But, talk to his coaches, nah. They whole weekend they kept their starters in and barely played their bench. Their coaches kept yelling to attack the cage. Really winning 23-3 and still have your first string in. This G guy is a piece of work. He made a complete mockery of travel Lacrosse this weekend at all divisions. A lot blame has to go to NCAA Futures tournament because they allow them to come back every year.

They subbed their kids when they were killing our team. It was definitely men vs. boys but they subbed OK.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any feedback on these teams? Also, if there no openings, what club would be next to look at?

All of the teams you mentioned have had success. Some at both the A&B levels. I think any team would take on a rockstar. If tour kid is a middle of the road player be open to one of their B teams. The only B team in this group that we haven't seen on action yet is S2S. They have only played publically a few times. My sons team played them in the fall and beat us. They looked pretty good considering it is a brand new team. All the other have established A&B teams for awhile. Think about location, some travel more than others. Who does your kid play for now or is he new to travel? Be careful.of the clubs that make money grab teams. While Express has some very successful teams, the 3rd 2023 team is terrible. Pure money grab.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Summer face off for all the unknown teams? My sons team talked about entering but decided it wasn't worth it. Mamas Boyz and the GC team are the only team I recognize. Anyone know if these are new teams?

The 2023 bracket are all established teams. Icon is out of southwest Nassau, Mamas, 91 3rd team is new this year, GC, Sachem North (probably PAL type team) E3 is from the Hamptons, Empire B and Express C have both been around for a couple years with little success.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of the teams you mentioned have had success. Some at both the A&B levels. I think any team would take on a rockstar. If tour kid is a middle of the road player be open to one of their B teams. The only B team in this group that we haven't seen on action yet is S2S. They have only played publically a few times. My sons team played them in the fall and beat us. They looked pretty good considering it is a brand new team. All the other have established A&B teams for awhile. Think about location, some travel more than others. Who does your kid play for now or is he new to travel? Be careful.of the clubs that make money grab teams. While Express has some very successful teams, the 3rd 2023 team is terrible. Pure money grab.

Haven't seen S2S yet because I think they don't have enough players to field a team. Although, it would probably be a better choice to tryout this summer if there aren't enough players already. However, I have seen teams fall apart because of no commitment from management or coaches for their B team. Parents walk away. Find out how the coaches and management treat the teams before you tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another aspect to consider regarding coaching, does the coach or any of his assistant coach(s) have kids on the team that plays your kids position. Not in all cases, but could definitely be something to consider steering away from. The teams mentioned above, I don't think their is too much of a turn over each year with their A & B teams, as with others. That said, at this time of the game, your son should try to find a team and remain there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haven't seen S2S yet because I think they don't have enough players to field a team. Although, it would probably be a better choice to tryout this summer if there aren't enough players already. However, I have seen teams fall apart because of no commitment from management or coaches for their B team. Parents walk away. Find out how the coaches and management treat the teams before you tryout.

They fielded a team. I saw them in a tournament in the fall. They came in second. Coach opted not to play the championship game because it was freezing out. The other team had won all 3 games, so he felt they earned it. So unless kids have bailed since then they should have a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless you are on a legit A team, find a place with good coaches and good parents where your son can get good playing time. Right now, our kids need all the field time they can get. This is when their lacrosse IQ can really begin to take off. Standing on the sidelines, not seeing time will do little to make them better. Also, you spend a lot of time with the parents. Find a group that fits your social game.

Page 71 of 85 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard