BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 121 of 264 1 2 119 120 121 122 123 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Big games this week all impacting playoff

Tuesday
Commack vs Hills East
Northport vs Ward Melville
Riverhead vs Lindy
Smith East vs Connetquot
Smith West vs West I

Friday
Bay Shore vs Hills East
Riverhead vs Smith West

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I like Hills East, WM, Lindy, Smith East, Smith West for the Tuesday Match-ups. Any one else have their picks?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Laxers412
I like Hills East, WM, Lindy, Smith East, Smith West for the Tuesday Match-ups. Any one else have their picks?

Big wins today for Commack and Riverhead.

Friday
Bay Shore vs Hills East
Riverhead vs Smith West

Saturday
Whitman vs West islip

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
A real shame the weather played in the Darien vs St Anthony's game. Unlike the Smithtown West vs Melville game, this game was closer, althought I do think the Melville/West game is a closer game on a better day. All talented teams.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Bridge the Gap
A real shame the weather played in the Darien vs St Anthony's game. Unlike the Smithtown West vs Melville game, this game was closer, althought I do think the Melville/West game is a closer game on a better day. All talented teams.

Totally unfair for a private school to have to play a public school. Darien gets all the kids that live in the town these kids have all played together for years while St Anthony's is stuck with all the kids that are not good enough to play for their own towns, they don't get these kids until 9th grade and outside of express, none of the kids know each other. Good for St A's for stepping up and despite their huge disadvantage they can compete with the publics

I tried to capture the spirit of the thing
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Should be a good game this afternoon with Bethpage vs Floral Park...both team has a good bunch of Seniors & Juniors.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by LaxrFanatic
Should be a good game this afternoon with Bethpage vs Floral Park...both team has a good bunch of Seniors & Juniors.

Who won between Bethpage & Floral Park?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Stickcheck

Bethpage beat Floral Park 12-7

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Stickcheck

Bethpage beat Floral Park 12-7

Bethpage looks athletic with some solid players. No game changers but a lot of good, athletic, reliable players on offense, FO, & defense lead by one key player so it will be interesting if they can break that hump they have been experiencing since the last strong team back in 2004. Coaching will play a bigrole IMO.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
West Islip get Jobbed by Sect Xi. No real bump with the win. Hills east gets not ramifications for the lose.

Not sure if West Islip should have been 3 or 4 with Connetquot taking that other spot. Commack should be 5, didnt Commack beat Hills also. Hills should have dropped to 6. I would think a loss to Smithtown West means less than a loss to West Islip.

7-11 will be a battle of who makes the least amount of mistake or capitalizes on their opponents mistakes. Plenty of solid players in there, which team pulls it together.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
West Islip gets Jobbed by Sect Xi. No real bump with the win. Hills east gets no real ramification for the loss.

Not sure if West Islip should have been 3 or 4 with Connetquot taking that other spot. Commack should be 5, didnt Commack beat Hills also. Hills should have dropped to 6. I would think a loss to Smithtown West means less than a loss to West Islip.

7-11 will be a battle of who makes the least amount of mistake or capitalizes on their opponents mistakes. Plenty of solid players in there, which team pulls it together.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Pequa is rolling right now. Who Do you guys think can challenge them? They are loaded with talents with guys committed to Maryland, Air Force, Loyola and the list goes on.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Sorry for being late to the game with this question, but why aren't we playing Suffolk county finals at Stony Brook? Were we kicked out, or was there some other reason? They aren't the best neighbor and was wondering "why"

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by 2ndsportLAX
Sorry for being late to the game with this question, but why aren't we playing Suffolk county finals at Stony Brook? Were we kicked out, or was there some other reason? They aren't the best neighbor and was wondering "why"

I think it was a $$ and cents thing. Dont think it was a kicked out thing but a choice.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I think it was a $$ and cents thing. Dont think it was a kicked out thing but a choice.

Could it be because Stony Brook is hosting the NCAA tournament?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Colts21

Could it be because Stony Brook is hosting the NCAA tournament?

anything is possible, but heard from a good source it was $$ and Cents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
say what

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great 1st round battle between Northport & Smithtown East. Triple OT with Northport pulling out the win. Those types of games it is a shame someone has to lose.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
looks like you can post anonymously again - it is about time, I was starting to forget how much we all hate each other- best time of the year, lets hope the weather gets better

I tried to capture the spirit of the thing
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook has a long history with other sports of making it impossible to use their facilities and being a "good neighbor". Hope it was the NCAA's and not some quiet incremental way of removing all Suffolk County sports from their campus (which is what I am used to). Guess we will see next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stony Brook has a long history with other sports of making it impossible to use their facilities and being a "good neighbor". Hope it was the NCAA's and not some quiet incremental way of removing all Suffolk County sports from their campus (which is what I am used to). Guess we will see next year.

SB turf is being replaced starting next week

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know the site that you can see who got all county and all conference in Nassau or Suffolk county. I know they did the selections on Thursday, but some coaches have not released the information and others did.

of course our coach waits for atleast a week after the selections to announce who got what

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know the site that you can see who got all county and all conference in Nassau or Suffolk county. I know they did the selections on Thursday, but some coaches have not released the information and others did.

of course our coach waits for atleast a week after the selections to announce who got what

Here is Nassau
https://www.nassauboces.org/Page/557

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks but I already looked on that site and couldn't find the selections. is there a tab I didn't see to pull up the names

thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no formal announcement or publication to speak of, many coaches do not like to tell the kids until after the playoffs to not cause decent on the team. generally the first time you will see the full list is in the program at the dinner same as AA - Newsday will have the "All Long Island team" on there website

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For Class A

Sect XI site ranking holds weight for the playoff picture, but it is to soon to make heads or tails of it right now. You have to have the teams cycle through at least half the games to figure out the 5-10. Top 4 will probably remain the top 4 whether or not they remain in the spot currently in.

I doubt Whitman amd Smithtown East will stay that high. Or Northport and Commack that low. West Islip moves up one.

Another battle for the last 4 spots out of 6 teams. If the bracket only takes 11 teams. Advantage teams with current ranking.
Bay Shore
Lindy
Riverhead
Sachems
Smithtown East
Whitman

Lindy is a product of their easy schedule, should get a lot of wins. Will that hurt the rankings. Riverhead is a must win. West Islip a reach. Still might be the first of that group to get in.

Whitemen high current rank will help. West Islip and Riverhead games are huge.

Riverhead will play Whitmen, should win. But Commack and Smithtown East game are big. Should take 2/3. West Islip loss hurts unless WI does damage. Should be next in.

Smithtown East is headed into Must win month thru 4/28.

Bay Shore and the Sachems won't get to play Lindy or Whitmen and that could come back to bite them. Gotta take care of business against each other and try and steal a game. Bay Shore's Commack Loss hurts unless Commack does damage. Sachem North's Northport loss hurts.

Lax Power also has an interesting rankings that I could see. Probably gives a truer picture. Maybe swap Huntington and West Islip. And Riverhead and Commack and Lindy and Bay Shore.

Not a bad year for many as the final four A teams battle it out. Preseason rank to playoffs they were some surprises, but the top 4 started and ended close to expected.

Smithtown East - started as 5, will drop around 10 (Surprise)
Commack started ranked and will remain close to 6
West Islip started ranked 7 to start, should end 5 (Should have been 5 to start)
Northport started ranked 8, remains close
Riverhead started ranked 9, remains close but higher (keep an eye on them)
Sachem started ranked 10th will end outside of the top 15 (surprise they were that high)

Bay Shore not ranked should land 7/8/9 (Should have been ranked higher to start)
Lindy not ranked will remain outside top 10 may just fall to 11

Next year I dont see much movement in the top two, Ward Melville and Smithtown West, should be the 2 every team is gunning for, but i do see a few more teams beating them than this year. undefeated will be a tough go next year, even a 2 loss season will be tough.

I do see a few teams making the 3/4/5 a closer than this year, but with different teams. I think it is now or never for Hills and Quot, I just dont see them getting past the top 2. Next year, Riverhead, Bay Shore and West Islip will be back with plenty of returning talent and Sr leadership, they will give the top 2 a run for the County. Did Riverhead find its goalie? Can Bay Shore stay healthy? Will West Islip push for a top spot? keep an eye on these teams.

Smithtown East could also be labeled in that 3/4/5 group with a tough rising Jr group and a good crop of rising Srs..

Teams 10 -14 will be a toss up Hills East, Quot, Commack, Lindy, Whitman Sachems, Huntington. All with talent on their teams.

PatMed and Floyd are limbo teams. If you are a top 10 team, with the Power points concerns, these are teams you just do not want to play.

Longwood, Middle Country, North Babylon, Brentwood and Copaigue. I am glad these schools field teams but can Sect XI come up with a better system so they do not have to play teams over their head. Playing teams 10-14 is still to much for them. Playing teams 6 -10 just shouldnt happen, these teams should be given opportunities to play outside of the division or league.

Grow the game, yes, but do it the right way.

Although this year is not over, next year looks just as good. It could be much of the same, the same top 2, then the next tier of 4 teams (but different schools), then the next tier of 3 schools. Looking forward to another good year of LI lacrosse with 10 teams who can play with anyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by thegoaliesdad
How is it decided? I thought it was based solely on coaches from opposing teams. Does a team's head coach have anything to do with it? It my kids teams situation, it's all about the politics and who kisses the most a***. Total bs

How is what decided, post season awards? What are the Awards? How many are there?

As I am sure there are a certain amount of politics, I wouldnt say all about the politics. Stop diminishing those who were awarded it and deserved it. Hopefully you will have a next year to earn it. Use it as fire!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the joker on the laxpwr forum with the rose colored glasses-you are full of hyperbole following the Mt's victory but stating the two soph mids as best in the country-common they are good but don't discredited yourself with dumb statements like that. Off the top of my head I'll take the 3 of the soph mids at St. A's for starters... Islip game should be a good one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the joker on the laxpwr forum with the rose colored glasses-you are full of hyperbole following the Mt's victory but stating the two soph mids as best in the country-common they are good but don't discredited yourself with dumb statements like that. Off the top of my head I'll take the 3 of the soph mids at St. A's for starters... Islip game should be a good one.

Mt Si soph mids are good, but I would take the St Ant's soph mids all day and twice on Sunday (Pun Intended), and lets not get started with the type of competition that a school like St Ants or Chaminade sees game in and game out Vs. Suffolk div 2 publics, everyone has an opinion but sorry not in the same solar system. Greenport/Mattituck/Southold - Middle Island - Sayville - Bayport , Shoreham , Westhampton ?? Just stop, enjoy the play. Statements like that are just silly and for the people who want to get into comparisons have your coach call the St Ants coach they will certainly be looking for competitive games to play next season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mt Si soph mids are good, but I would take the St Ant's soph mids all day and twice on Sunday (Pun Intended), and lets not get started with the type of competition that a school like St Ants or Chaminade sees game in and game out Vs. Suffolk div 2 publics, everyone has an opinion but sorry not in the same solar system. Greenport/Mattituck/Southold - Middle Island - Sayville - Bayport , Shoreham , Westhampton ?? Just stop, enjoy the play. Statements like that are just silly and for the people who want to get into comparisons have your coach call the St Ants coach they will certainly be looking for competitive games to play next season

What pun?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is only one varisty ready soph for the Friars, in my opinion. The seniors were pushed aside (some d1 commits) to make way for those sophs to develop and pave the way for the next two years. The seniors are as good as the sophs, but when these sophs are seniors theyll be much better than the current seniors. So they invested in the future now and have two of the best attackmen around to shoulder the load. That's my view, but kinda obvious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is only one varisty ready soph for the Friars, in my opinion. The seniors were pushed aside (some d1 commits) to make way for those sophs to develop and pave the way for the next two years. The seniors are as good as the sophs, but when these sophs are seniors theyll be much better than the current seniors. So they invested in the future now and have two of the best attackmen around to shoulder the load. That's my view, but kinda obvious.

St A's has 2 handfuls of Middies in that Soph class that if they were in the public's would be killing it. That said, Yes, St A's went against their wait your turn mantra and jumped the shark.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St A just lost to chammy, yes? Appreciate the perspective, but suspect their two handfuls wouldn't be killing it at WM or HHE or Pequa or SMW or...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They split the games. FRIARS SMACKED THEM IN THE 1ST. then gave up a 2 goal lead with 2 minutes to play. Finals are today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St A just lost to chammy, yes? Appreciate the perspective, but suspect their two handfuls wouldn't be killing it at WM or HHE or Pequa or SMW or...

Oh please, the kids from 'mack CSH SWR ESM King Park alone would have made a difference on any of those teams but maybe the WM team. But the OP statement didnt detail which team just publics. Imagine if those kids were back at their prospective town schools, the difference the publics would have been dramatic for some.

We all know certain schools would have been dramatically different if their boys stayed in district.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They split the games. FRIARS SMACKED THEM IN THE 1ST. then gave up a 2 goal lead with 2 minutes to play. Finals are today.

Gave up 4 goals in about the last 4 minutes.... Choke?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gave up 4 goals in about the last 4 minutes.... Choke?

Guess we will find out today. Just remember one thing, 90% of St As scoring contributors are coming back next year and the JV team was very strong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like chammy returned the smack down...

WM handled chammy and as i recall (and I was there) won the st a scrimmage, although many say scrimmages don't count...

Pequa, another well respected public, lost to chammy in a reasonably close battle.

not claiming any superiority in this post, rather admitting that much of this game falls to the bounce of the ball, the calls of the officials, whether to goalie or face off kid has a great game...

it takes more than one kid-no matter how good- to win in any of these contests...so, there is no town begging for the return of any st a middie kid...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So true 100% accurate!!!! Going to be and is a long season for Syosset

good call

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Super sophs, not so super....dissappeared in this game.

Like Reply Quote
Page 121 of 264 1 2 119 120 121 122 123 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard