BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 98 of 214 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
At least Mattituck takes the loss without blaming or anything. 2 tough teams but only one was able to win. Good tough game by both teams. Thats why both are 2 of top teams in Suffolk.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Another phenomenal game this morning, Mt Sinai @ Mattituck, 8-7 Mt Sinai in OT. First time I’ve seen 3 ref system during regular season.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Having 3 refs is better then 2. Did you find the refing better with 3 or with 2 or were both games well officiated.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by laxrus99
Having 3 refs is better then 2. Did you find the refing better with 3 or with 2 or were both games well officiated.

There was some confusion on a couple plays with the 3 ref system, wouldn't necessarily say better.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Sachem vs Sachem, will be a battle, who do you think will be victorious as it will probably be a physical game. Does the winner or either team stand a chance vs Northport

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Seems like usual teams on Catholic side for playoffs with Saint Anthony's vs. Sacred Heart in Champ. game---although SH had a battle it seems getting past Kellenberg (which is great for the CHSAA )..SH, i think was picked to win it all this year--(and still may)..but they didnt appear to live up to hype..my guess its a closer game based on SA's having a somewhat weaker team this year...
Any surprises in Publics?
Thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kellenberg actually had them by 4-0 to start the game. Defense was stifling them. A bad yellow card allowed SHA to score 3 unanswered. Without that, it was Kellenberg's to win. Tonight should be exciting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Kellenberg actually had them by 4-0 to start the game. Defense was stifling them. A bad yellow card allowed SHA to score 3 unanswered. Without that, it was Kellenberg's to win. Tonight should be exciting.

SA in a landslide!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxrFanatic
Anyone know if CR had a stake in newsday

She has her fingers in everything else. Tournament circuit, training, privates, clinics, camps, all star games etc. More powerful than just a handful of college coaches. And she Earns more than any of those powerful coaches.

Word is CR finally got her price and sold YJ
yup for a huge number

3.5 m

3.5m? Where did you hear this from b/c those numbers wouldn't be public and who purchased the company?

The same big conglomerate that owns 91 and a bunch of other similar enterprises

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have one their league for 10 consecutive seasons. I’d say they are doing Ok.

I'd say the emperor has no clothes! SHA embarrassed SA in championship game tonight. I'd say the glory days argument is over for the foreseeable future, team hasn't been anywhere near great for some time and the future doesn't look promising...

PS - I believe you meant won their league (not one), must be that great SA education!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SHA WINS ! 11-6

....and dominated play the entire game!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SHA wins !! Defeats St Anthony’s 11-6

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Very True..SH did, in fact, dominate for most of the game....and think its great that there is a touch of parity on the girls side of CHSAA--both teams are young with SA only graduating 3 seniors and SH possibly the same?.....so makes for an exciting next few years with lots of talent on sidelines ready to go for both squads.....and watch Kberg as they seem to be developing some talent at the younger level...all good in the CHSAA

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
They have one their league for 10 consecutive seasons. I’d say they are doing Ok.

I'd say the emperor has no clothes! SHA embarrassed SA in championship game tonight. I'd say the glory days argument is over for the foreseeable future, team hasn't been anywhere near great for some time and the future doesn't look promising...

PS - I believe you meant won their league (not one), must be that great SA education!

Full disclosure--SA fan here..While I would agree that SHA controlled and pretty much dominated the entire game, to use the term "embarrassed" is a touch extreme..and to say that the team has not been great for some time--what does that say about SHA and everyone else? congrats to SHA and a fine team.

Future doesn't look promising? SA graduates 3 seniors and is loaded at the soph/junior level and the SA JV dominated the CHSAA this past season, including extremely weak SHA JV team(s)..so if there is any team with a non-promising future, SHA may be the team..overall, it is a great thing for there to be parity in CHSAA and with teams like KBerg making strides, it looks like league is in fine form...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by anonomous

Full disclosure--SA fan here..While I would agree that SHA controlled and pretty much dominated the entire game, to use the term "embarrassed" is a touch extreme..and to say that the team has not been great for some time--what does that say about SHA and everyone else? congrats to SHA and a fine team.

Future doesn't look promising? SA graduates 3 seniors and is loaded at the soph/junior level and the SA JV dominated the CHSAA this past season, including extremely weak SHA JV team(s)..so if there is any team with a non-promising future, SHA may be the team..overall, it is a great thing for there to be parity in CHSAA and with teams like KBerg making strides, it looks like league is in fine form...

Nobody ever said SHA or anyone else was great - SA faithful keep telling everyone that, both lost multiple games to publics this year and last - that never happened when SA was great

Also, JV means nothing, anybody in 9th grade at SA that could play would have been on varsity already, which means the pipeline is looking dry going forward

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem vs Sachem, will be a battle, who do you think will be victorious as it will probably be a physical game. Does the winner or either team stand a chance vs Northport

NO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NO
Northport will lose in counties

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Nobody ever said SHA or anyone else was great - SA faithful keep telling everyone that, both lost multiple games to publics this year and last - that never happened when SA was great

Also, JV means nothing, anybody in 9th grade at SA that could play would have been on varsity already, which means the pipeline is looking dry going forward

Ok...JV means nothing...using that logic you put forth,so how many 9th graders were on SHA roster?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
....and SA did beat SHA 2x during the season so, yeah did SA lose big in championship game, but they did roll during regular season..and losing to #1 ranked team in country --Manhasset--isn't really the end of the world....at least SA doesn't back away from playing top tier teams...check out of conference schedule....CSH, GC, McDonough....down year?..maybe, but very talented underclassman will have SA back on top sooner rather than later..can same be said for SHA?...
like stated before, its a good thing when the CHSAA is competitive....all good...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NO

Thats not saying anything at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about today's games. West Islip at Ward Melville, and Riverhead at Northport.
first game is a toss up, West Islip has been hot. Second game have to think Northport will handle Riverhead, Riverhead did hold them close a few weeks ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the heck happened in the BBP/WH game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the heck happened in the BBP/WH game?

Looks like BBP lost in ot.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Rocky Point lost by a goal to Mt. Sinai. Lots of turnovers and missed passes, poor shots by Mt. Sinai. Would love to see the crybaby Al lose to WH. His team is not that good this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rocky Point lost by a goal to Mt. Sinai. Lots of turnovers and missed passes, poor shots by Mt. Sinai. Would love to see the crybaby Al lose to WH. His team is not that good this year.

Not a Mt. Sinai person here, but Mt. Sinai is very talented, and in the same breath I thought that Rocky Point is very talented and underachieved all season, so it is no surprise that they had a close game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a Mt. Sinai person here, but Mt. Sinai is very talented, and in the same breath I thought that Rocky Point is very talented and underachieved all season, so it is no surprise that they had a close game.

Like you, not a Mt. Sinai person. Agreed.......no doubt RP better than their record and anyone stating Mt. Sinai is not good, is wrong. And since they stated Al is a crybaby, they're clearly just jealous. On another note, Who wins.....Mt Sinai or Westhampton team {with a little help from last year's East Hampton team}?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok...JV means nothing...using that logic you put forth,so how many 9th graders were on SHA roster?

SHA has 500 kids in the entire school, SA has 500 per grade...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
....and SA did beat SHA 2x during the season so, yeah did SA lose big in championship game, but they did roll during regular season..and losing to #1 ranked team in country --Manhasset--isn't really the end of the world....at least SA doesn't back away from playing top tier teams...check out of conference schedule....CSH, GC, McDonough....down year?..maybe, but very talented underclassman will have SA back on top sooner rather than later..can same be said for SHA?...
like stated before, its a good thing when the CHSAA is competitive....all good...

SA avoided McDonough and all the Maryland teams this year, instead the went to DC and lost by double digits in one of the two games they played

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Someone said Sinai stalled for the last 15 minutes of the RP game. If they were so talented why would they need to do that. RP barely made the play-offs. Mt. Sinai is the best "team" in the county but they definitely do not have the best talent. Everyone does their job and they are very disciplined. They bore teams to death with how much they stall and milk the clock. HS lax desperately needs a shot clock. It is hard to watch at times just like college lax use to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like you, not a Mt. Sinai person. Agreed.......no doubt RP better than their record and anyone stating Mt. Sinai is not good, is wrong. And since they stated Al is a crybaby, they're clearly just jealous. On another note, Who wins.....Mt Sinai or Westhampton team {with a little help from last year's East Hampton team}?

Anything can happen, especially if Westhampton is hitting their stride. So while Mt.S is favored, I wouldn't count WH out. Should be interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope to see WH come out on top and see how much Al cries about the game after they lose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by lax101
Someone said Sinai stalled for the last 15 minutes of the RP game. If they were so talented why would they need to do that. RP barely made the play-offs. Mt. Sinai is the best "team" in the county but they definitely do not have the best talent. Everyone does their job and they are very disciplined. They bore teams to death with how much they stall and milk the clock. HS lax desperately needs a shot clock. It is hard to watch at times just like college lax use to be.

Stalling requires talent......and discipline.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by lax101

Stalling requires talent......and discipline.

Good luck in college!! Can't stall there so it's a wasted talent. STALL BALL/FACEGUARDING= BERT BALL=BORING. Mr Sinai take a team head to head let's see how you do??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do All County Players get chosen? Who determines the players and what criteria?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
15 minutes of stalling could of cost them the game. They did turn it over once and a few times dropped the ball. They are not as talented as some think, if they can't catch a simple pass to them. Hard time scooping up the ball too. That is lacrosse 101. Bert can't even do that. Hence why he is a high school coach and not college because if he staled in college, wouldn't work and he would be a below 500 coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do All County Players get chosen? Who determines the players and what criteria?

They have been chosen- couple of weeks ago -- coach picks them and then the conference coaches vote.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was surprised to see Syosset lose to Port last night

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1- If your team did not make the playoffs, you will not have any All County players on it.. regardless of talent.

2- the level of your teams success determines how many "award" slots they will have

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1- If your team did not make the playoffs, you will not have any All County players on it.. regardless of talent.

2- the level of your teams success determines how many "award" slots they will have

3- Your coach chooses whom within the team to award. Favorites > those who deserve it.

Like Reply Quote
Page 98 of 214 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard