BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,638
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 37 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 36 37
Re: Boys 2023- PA and Surrounding Area
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Says a parent who's kid isn't on the team...I'm going to Denver. Will be the a great experience for my son!! We played well but not great but once we start practicing our team will stand a shot. Have some HOMETOWN PRIDE!
The Pa teams have no shot out there unfortunately. They will be lucky to score against the good teams. Had better people been in charge of creating a local team they might have gotten more talent.

Stop wasting your time responding to a disgruntled parent...enjoy the trip, I certainly will

The time and money waster is the series itself. There will be one jubilant team that returns from Denver. The remaining kids will wonder why they worked so hard and traveled so far to loose to teams many have played regionally. They won't be on TV and they'll have to listen to their parents talk to them about the importance of the "experience" and losing gracefully. As if the club sport doesn't revolve around the win. Sure, enjoy the trip, but your smugness doesn't make this experience a good one for your kid. You've bought into it and as a result, you have been had.

At some point you will realize that nobody on this forum cares about your opinion on the issue. Also, if your son is going to question the meaning of life because he didn't win a tournament, perhaps lacrosse, or any other sport, is not for your son. Putting aside the travel and cost, your philosophy is ridiculous, why travel to any tournament if your are not going to win. Go ask any parent or player that went to Denver in the past about their experience, you will probably not find one that wouldn't do it again given the the chance. I respect your decision not to go to the tournament (if it was actually a choice or maybe your son did not make a team), so respect those that decide that they want to be a part of the tournament.

Don't care about my opinion? Why do you feel the need to provide a rebuttal? Maybe what you say is true and nobody cares. That's just a sign of our times. The "only my opinion counts" mentality that you are likely teaching your kid is making this world a much better place? I happen to know parents that went to Denver in the past. My opinion is not based on assumptions. By the way, my son could make any team he tries out for. Any of his past and current coaches would tell you that. In the end, your opinion is no more valid than my own. But, I've heard you and I'm sure you believe what you're saying and you want the best for your kid. Too bad you've dismissed an alternative opinion, but like I said, this is the world we live in.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says a parent who's kid isn't on the team...I'm going to Denver. Will be the a great experience for my son!! We played well but not great but once we start practicing our team will stand a shot. Have some HOMETOWN PRIDE!
The Pa teams have no shot out there unfortunately. They will be lucky to score against the good teams. Had better people been in charge of creating a local team they might have gotten more talent.

Stop wasting your time responding to a disgruntled parent...enjoy the trip, I certainly will

The time and money waster is the series itself. There will be one jubilant team that returns from Denver. The remaining kids will wonder why they worked so hard and traveled so far to loose to teams many have played regionally. They won't be on TV and they'll have to listen to their parents talk to them about the importance of the "experience" and losing gracefully. As if the club sport doesn't revolve around the win. Sure, enjoy the trip, but your smugness doesn't make this experience a good one for your kid. You've bought into it and as a result, you have been had.

At some point you will realize that nobody on this forum cares about your opinion on the issue. Also, if your son is going to question the meaning of life because he didn't win a tournament, perhaps lacrosse, or any other sport, is not for your son. Putting aside the travel and cost, your philosophy is ridiculous, why travel to any tournament if your are not going to win. Go ask any parent or player that went to Denver in the past about their experience, you will probably not find one that wouldn't do it again given the the chance. I respect your decision not to go to the tournament (if it was actually a choice or maybe your son did not make a team), so respect those that decide that they want to be a part of the tournament.

Don't care about my opinion? Why do you feel the need to provide a rebuttal? Maybe what you say is true and nobody cares. That's just a sign of our times. The "only my opinion counts" mentality that you are likely teaching your kid is making this world a much better place? I happen to know parents that went to Denver in the past. My opinion is not based on assumptions. By the way, my son could make any team he tries out for. Any of his past and current coaches would tell you that. In the end, your opinion is no more valid than my own. But, I've heard you and I'm sure you believe what you're saying and you want the best for your kid. Too bad you've dismissed an alternative opinion, but like I said, this is the world we live in.

I am not dismissing your opinion, I just don't feel like reading another doom and gloom - don't go to Denver you will all lose statement - to each his own...and great for your son, I am sure that he is a terrific lacrosse player and a great kid..enjoy watching him play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way, my son could make any team he tries out for. Any of his past and current coaches would tell you that.

Please provide names of teams and past/ present coaches for reference and confirmation as to the statement above.... Seriously, you are an stunad and need to stop living vicariously through your son and you need to get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
most the top kids are playing big5 the ones that aren't its because their too old

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why does this thread get to post anonymously ? is it because its boys?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rising Sons playing NXT Spring League against the B teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rising Sons playing NXT Spring League against the B teams?

It looks like an additional bracket that was added for a few late comers, there doesn't seem to be any playoff rounds for the bracket, just AA and A playoffs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pretty pathetic of NXT to let them play in the B division

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Likewise Mesa

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Likewise Mesa

You guys are so misinformed...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mesa is a AA team, Sons look like a low A team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Likewise Mesa

Did not realize that they were playing the A bracket teams, pathetic money grab. Since the AA bracket was full, Sons and Mesa should have just scheduled a few play days instead of beating up on B teams, it does nothing for development and makes them look ridiculous. At least they are not included in the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is the Philly site able to post Anonymously.... The Maryland and LI site is dead because the lock down (registration required)...

Please re-open the MD site, as its the middle of the Lax season and we have no where to discuss what is happening. Do the shutdown in August (at the start of the new Lax year)

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Why is the Philly site able to post Anonymously.... The Maryland and LI site is dead because the lock down (registration required)...

Please re-open the MD site, as its the middle of the Lax season and we have no where to discuss what is happening. Do the shutdown in August (at the start of the new Lax year)

Or just register...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the True team that played in Naptown and beat 91 was a National team...How can they play at WSYL?

It's amazing how many times this question has been asked and answered...they just can't have any kids born before 9/1/2004 for the WSYL team....if they have players born before 9/1/2004, those kids do not play on the WSYL team

It's not that True team.. The holdbacks are gone and everyone has to be within 100 miles of each other. Never going to happen, they will lose to Team Israel.

The WSYL has turned a blind eye to the 100 mile rule. Look at WCS, they are based and practice in San Diego and have kids from their LA club on the team which is over 100 miles away.

Uhhh.... WCS aren't going to the WSYL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Likewise Mesa

Did not realize that they were playing the A bracket teams, pathetic money grab. Since the AA bracket was full, Sons and Mesa should have just scheduled a few play days instead of beating up on B teams, it does nothing for development and makes them look ridiculous. At least they are not included in the playoffs.
Mesa and Sons are not in the league. They were asked to fill in. And so you can sleep at night, they both have been scheduling games outside of "the league". You are ridiculous

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Likewise Mesa

Mesa and Sons are not in the league. They were asked to fill in. And so you can sleep at night, they both have been scheduling games outside of "the league". You are ridiculous

It was not meant to be critical of Mesa and Sons, I just wonder why they would want to waste time playing, and paying for, non-competitive games, really more of an issue with NXT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If what you're saying is truthful and factual then you should register. Maybe you shouldn't talk negatively about underage children and make things up and you too could have an anonymous forum. As we all should know by now anonymous isn't really anonymous. You can find out who anyone is especially is they are bullying a minor child.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way, my son could make any team he tries out for. Any of his past and current coaches would tell you that.

Please provide names of teams and past/ present coaches for reference and confirmation as to the statement above.... Seriously, you are an stunad and need to stop living vicariously through your son and you need to get a life.

Just give me your email address and I'll be happy to provide all the proof you seem to need. Won't provide your email? Don't ask someone to step out of anonymity while you wrap it around yourself like a security blanket and have delusions of superiority. Hypocrite. And, I'll be happy to show you why I don't need to live vicariously to enjoy my life. And, since you're on this thread, you've probably seen my kid play and you already know how good he is. You just don't know his name.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just give me your email address and I'll be happy to provide all the proof you seem to need. Won't provide your email? Don't ask someone to step out of anonymity while you wrap it around yourself like a security blanket and have delusions of superiority. Hypocrite. And, I'll be happy to show you why I don't need to live vicariously to enjoy my life. And, since you're on this thread, you've probably seen my kid play and you already know how good he is. You just don't know his name.

You definitely lost some credibility on this forum with your prior post...not really helping the cause with this one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You definitely lost some credibility on this forum with your prior post...not really helping the cause with this one

You forgot to include your email address.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bottom line, once you come on this forum and start bragging about your kid, it's time to take a step back, take a deep breath and regain some perspective. Best of luck to your son this season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bottom line, once you come on this forum and start bragging about your kid, it's time to take a step back, take a deep breath and regain some perspective. Best of luck to your son this season.

The point wasn't to brag about a kid who remains anonymous. Maybe you could work on your reading comprehension skills? Regain perspective? The perspective of the sheeple you associate with? Not everyone on this thread shares your perspective even though your inflated ego doesn't allow for that possibility. You have no problem "sharing" your perspective, but when someone expresses a different one you treat them as if they are being self righteous. Look in the mirror, lemming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since we seem to be beating a dead horse on this forum, how about a new topic - thoughts on NXT games so far this season, good match-up between Freedom and BL last Sunday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since we seem to be beating a dead horse on this forum, how about a new topic - thoughts on NXT games so far this season, good match-up between Freedom and BL last Sunday

I agree! Both teams were tough-Freedom defense big boys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Phillylax.com
Bates coaching BL 23 Academy team...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Before the game started, I thought that it would go the other way, impressive win for BL (and not a BL parent).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you have thought that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Before the game started, I thought that it would go the other way, impressive win for BL (and not a BL parent).

NXT championship will be a good one to watch....Looks like BRO LOVE and FREEDOM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I
Why would you have thought that?

I thought that the individual playmakers on Freedom would make the difference, but in watching BL play, their overall balance is really impressive - probably a lot to do with having a team that plays together regularly as opposed to the Freedom model (and that is not a knock on the Freedom team, just stating the obvious).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely true, your post are to the point of being pathetic and embarrassing for your son, hopefully he is as good as you think he is. As stated above step back take a break and realize that life is not all 13 year old lacrosse. There is a big world outside open your eyes and enjoy it. BTW still have no idea who your son is and really don't care....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure how long Freedom model will last, bringing in kids to play one game that have never practiced or played with the team just to try and win one youth lacrosse game, parents on sideline none too happy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have reached a new low... giving $ to kids on other teams for goals scored against rival teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure how long Freedom model will last, bringing in kids to play one game that have never practiced or played with the team just to try and win one youth lacrosse game, parents on sideline none too happy.
I believe their coach is a Dukes National coach or was one so i'm sure he has a rolodex of numbers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL parents on sideline not happy with playing time either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe their coach is a Dukes National coach or was one so i'm sure he has a rolodex of numbers.

He was a Duke's Nationals coach. Having kids not on his Freedom team drive from as far as North Carolina to help him out is quite a testament to the relationship he has developed with some of the Duke's players. Must stink to be one of the kids who gets benched for a guest player, though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perhaps, but it seems like lot of people have been turned off by the DN program, so not sure how Freedom will be any different. Maybe it is a means to reconstitute the DN model under another name.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He was a Duke's Nationals coach. Having kids not on his Freedom team drive from as far as North Carolina to help him out is quite a testament to the relationship he has developed with some of the Duke's players. Must stink to be one of the kids who gets benched for a guest player, though.

That brings up an interesting question...When is a guest player no longer a guest player? How long does a kid have to play with a club to be part of the club? If you pick up a new player does he remain a guest player until the next year? What if he takes a year off and comes back? What if he also plays for HHH or two clubs at the same time?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That brings up an interesting question...When is a guest player no longer a guest player? How long does a kid have to play with a club to be part of the club? If you pick up a new player does he remain a guest player until the next year? What if he takes a year off and comes back? What if he also plays for HHH or two clubs at the same time?

How about when he starts paying...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely true, your post are to the point of being pathetic and embarrassing for your son, hopefully he is as good as you think he is. As stated above step back take a break and realize that life is not all 13 year old lacrosse. There is a big world outside open your eyes and enjoy it. BTW still have no idea who your son is and really don't care....

As stated in a previous post: "The point wasn't to brag about a kid who remains anonymous. Maybe you could work on your reading comprehension skills? Regain perspective? The perspective of the sheeple you associate with? Not everyone on this thread shares your perspective even though your inflated ego doesn't allow for that possibility. You have no problem "sharing" your perspective, but when someone expresses a different one you treat them as if they are being self righteous. Look in the mirror, lemming."

Why would I care about whether you, an anonymous follower, know who my son is or not? Does that really make sense to you? Think about it for just one second. OK, did you come to the conclusion that there is nothing I could care less about? No? You think a little too much of yourself. You make me laugh! Simpleton.

Like Reply Quote
Page 28 of 37 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 36 37
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard