BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 144 1 2 3 4 5 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are you suggesting that the Manhasset Mavericks are run by the Manhasset Varsity coach and the Manhasset School district permits such a conflict of interest? That its "line my pockets with summer gold or wear splinters in your bench warming arse next year"?

Sounds like the single parent that put this together is from Manhasset...whatever. Good luck to all.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you suggesting that the Manhasset Mavericks are run by the Manhasset Varsity coach and the Manhasset School district permits such a conflict of interest? That its "line my pockets with summer gold or wear splinters in your bench warming arse next year"?

Sounds like the single parent that put this together is from Manhasset...whatever. Good luck to all.

If true easy to figure out from there. Whatever, none of us will remember this stuff 2 years from now...but good debate. fl$ will not let this grade slip away and will get it right with all of the kids who feel overlooked and have something to prove. Should be epic battles between fl$ and Cudas the next couple of years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they beat the best team in the country twice if that is not talent i dont know what is when you can pick a team and go 5 and 0 61 goals for 10 against and three shut outs enough said

If they are so good...then they probably have some kids that by age could easily be in the grade above and they were left back a year. Lets see how they do if they ever get a chance to challenge themselves by playing a select club team that is a year older than they are. I'm sure the fl$ 2015 team would love to play them..that will be the real test...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a step back and evaluate what each person's motives are before you take too much from what they are saying.
For the parents of the boys from the barracuda team, sounds like you had a great time and your child was very fortunate to have been chosen. (win-win)
For the parents of the players not chosen from the various teams. (lose-lose)
Feelings probably hurt for the boys not selected and now because of the success of the barracuda team those boys left behind must be feeling that the top players from their team might not be coming back.
Probably the people doing the most bitching are from the (lose-lose) category. So you must take all of the negative spin being spun out of control as nothing more then sour grapes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they beat the best team in the country twice if that is not talent i dont know what is when you can pick a team and go 5 and 0 61 goals for 10 against and three shut outs enough said

The Looney's U13AA team is a very good one (not nearly as good as last year's version, though), so beating them is an accomplishment. Madlax is an ok team - nowhere near as good as the Looney's, however, and the rest of the field in that tournament was marginal at best.

Also, imagine if the Looney's, Crabs, Greene Turtle and some other Baltimore clubs put together an All-Star roster. Or if some DC clubs like VLC, Madlax, Next Level and Club Blue put together a single team for one event. If you are going to tout the accomplishments of a single All-Star team assembled for one tournament, then you have to compare how it would have fared against All-Star teams from other hotbeds.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since there is no such thing as U14 at most tournaments, the Cudas will have to step up to U15 where they will face a whole different level of size, strength and speed than they've ever seen before. Lets see how they do against perennial U15 powerhouses like the Crabs U15.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please shock us all then

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D1 schools? Is that what you were told? Curious - before all these club teams started popping up how did anyone ever get to a D1 school in years past?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was a comment from laxpower this morning:
I am parent of a team the express played. I'll be honest we played zone against them which for 13 year olds could
be considered "bush league". Now our goalie is very good and the express proceeded to run an offense that simply annihilated us. Complete unselfishness , No boistrous cheering, no complaints about zone just played lacrosse the way it's suppose to be played. Parents even congratulated our goalie for making nice saves. This summer lax? Best team by far in many ways.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You may want to check your facts. The parent who coordinated the Barracuda team is NOT from Manhasset, he's from Dix Hills. His son played on Team 91.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No body has been crying foul at the turtles. Now scorned parents are crying over a very talented team. For the record express did not put this team together it was handed too them. They would be foolish not to take this team. They went to mad lax and dismantled long standing deep programs of marylands best teams. I raise my hat to these KIDS not parents. These kids stay together the whole team signs to D-1 schools the high school coach can do nothing about it. Maybe Jonny should practice more

Sorry to say but you need to GET OFF THE CRAZY TRAIN NOW! You missed your stop a long time ago. With the explosion of the sport across the U.S. and Canada combined with the penalty of living in a populous state like New [lacrosse] where admissions offices are overwhelmed with NY applications, the chances of any Cuda kid sniffing a D1 lax field are about 1 or 2 out of 20. So, there is an 80-90% chance that your kid will fall far short of your unrealistic athletic goals for him. Will that make him a failure in your eyes? Hope not. I call this the ESPNU parent couch potato syndrome and it is really a disaster for our kids. Take a look at the current D1 rosters. Every year there are more and more kids filling those rosters from outside of the lax "hotbeds". And consider that the current LI D1 players went through the recruiting process in a much less competitive environment than what a 2016 kid will face. All of this will eventually lead to more pressure among the Cuda kids and sooner or later the parent backstabbing and bitching about unequal field time and exposure for each kid that will blow this team apart. All because of expectations like from this parent that every kid is one of "the chosen" and destined for D1. I've seen this many times before. Watch what happens when the kid of the parent who put this team together always seems to be a starter and mysterically gets more playing time than any other kid at his position. And, he's probably playing for free or a severly discounted rate. Seen that before too. Enjoy the fireworkds.

Do yourselves and your kids a favor - tone down the expectations and try to just enjoy the ride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need to relax. Just remember to all who make these ridulous comments about the express lets wait and see what the upcoming season holds. Now maybe they wouldn't want you on their sidelines

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No body has been crying foul at the turtles. Now scorned parents are crying over a very talented team. For the record express did not put this team together it was handed too them. They would be foolish not to take this team. They went to mad lax and dismantled long standing deep programs of marylands best teams. I raise my hat to these KIDS not parents. These kids stay together the whole team signs to D-1 schools the high school coach can do nothing about it. Maybe Jonny should practice more

1. It was an impressive performance. But that's not a team - it's a group of 12-13 year old mercenaries (or maybe older).

2. They beat down Looney's in the 1st game, and won convincingly in the 2nd. They did NOT "dismantled long standing deep programs of marylands best teams". Madlax is a good team, but they are from DC. The other teams were terrible. The fact that you state that the field were "long standing deep programs of marylands best teams" shows you have no idea what you're talking about.

3. If you think all of those kids are going Division 1, you truly are delusional.

Everyone in youth lacrosse is talking about what a scumbag move it was for the Express to bring down an All-Star team and kick their own kids off. I predict they'll regret their actions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to say but you need to GET OFF THE CRAZY TRAIN NOW! You missed your stop a long time ago. With the explosion of the sport across the U.S. and Canada combined with the penalty of living in a populous state like New [lacrosse] where admissions offices are overwhelmed with NY applications, the chances of any Cuda kid sniffing a D1 lax field are about 1 or 2 out of 20. So, there is an 80-90% chance that your kid will fall far short of your unrealistic athletic goals for him. Will that make him a failure in your eyes? Hope not. I call this the ESPNU parent couch potato syndrome and it is really a disaster for our kids. Take a look at the current D1 rosters. Every year there are more and more kids filling those rosters from outside of the lax "hotbeds". And consider that the current LI D1 players went through the recruiting process in a much less competitive environment than what a 2016 kid will face. All of this will eventually lead to more pressure among the Cuda kids and sooner or later the parent backstabbing and bitching about unequal field time and exposure for each kid that will blow this team apart. All because of expectations like from this parent that every kid is one of "the chosen" and destined for D1. I've seen this many times before. Watch what happens when the kid of the parent who put this team together always seems to be a starter and mysterically gets more playing time than any other kid at his position. And, he's probably playing for free or a severly discounted rate. Seen that before too. Enjoy the fireworkds.

Do yourselves and your kids a favor - tone down the expectations and try to just enjoy the ride.

Interesting points...probably true that the parents that want it the most for their kids are the ones that 1) Never played a sport either in high school or college and 2) have the kids that burn out or crumble under the pressure of their parents. Also, be careful what you wish for, lots of kids who play D1 realize that it was a mistake and either drop out of the sport or decide to play at a school that is academically below their potential all because their parents wanted to see them play D1 lax and there wasnt a spot available at the better school. What a shame and a waste...If you really want your kid to go D1, tell him/her to pick up a book, not a lax stick.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I guess the express are more focused on the younger groups because the older groups did not do very well this summer. They beat their chests about tournament championships. The rising sophomore team finished 3rd in the u15 national championship in Fl. That's a good showing but first place was fl$ and second place was the LI Jesters. Express lost head to head to the Jesters in NYLAX tournament. fl$ beat them in semis in Fla.
I guess its time for a new coach on the 2014 and 2013 teams.

2013 team didn't win any tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You may want to check your facts. The parent who coordinated the Barracuda team is NOT from Manhasset, he's from Dix Hills. His son played on Team 91.

Maybe true but he needed help. It was obvious who the disgruntled and manipulative parents were on the other teams who did not have their kids show up for tournaments toward the end and bailed on their teams - great parenting and great lesson for the kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxfan14
I guess the express are more focused on the younger groups because the older groups did not do very well this summer. They beat their chests about tournament championships. The rising sophomore team finished 3rd in the u15 national championship in Fl. That's a good showing but first place was fl$ and second place was the LI Jesters. Express lost head to head to the Jesters in NYLAX tournament. fl$ beat them in semis in Fla.

Ask any fl$ U15 player and they will tell you that the semifinal game vs the Express was the real championship game and that the Express gave them a much tougher fight than the Jesters. In fact, the Express was up by a goal with just a couple of minutes left. Give the Express credit, they were the 2nd best team there. If the Jesters had been on the fl$ side of the bracket they wouldn't have made it to the final - luck of the draw.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask any fl$ U15 player and they will tell you that the semifinal game vs the Express was the real championship game and that the Express gave them a much tougher fight than the Jesters. In fact, the Express was up by a goal with just a couple of minutes left. Give the Express credit, they were the 2nd best team there. If the Jesters had been on the fl$ side of the bracket they wouldn't have made it to the final - luck of the draw.

And if the Crabs and/or Looney's had been there, some of those teams wouldn't have sniffed the final four. Or a number of other U15 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And if the Crabs and/or Looney's had been there, some of those teams wouldn't have sniffed the final four. Or a number of other U15 teams.

The Crabs and Looney's would probably lose 30-40% of their team based on the 8/31 date they use as opposed to the 12/31 date used in the National tournament. Don't be so sure of your statement! losing 8-10 of your oldest kids can definitely effect the quality of your team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Crabs and Looney's would probably lose 30-40% of their team based on the 8/31 date they use as opposed to the 12/31 date used in the National tournament. Don't be so sure of your statement! losing 8-10 of your oldest kids can definitely effect the quality of your team!

Bingo...thats why the Crabs and Looneys would rather make excuses about why its not worth their time rather than just showing up to play...As hard as it is for MD to accept, for the next year three long island programs will be considered the standard for U15 by the USL.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
No. The 2nd best team was the Jesters. The Jesters beat MLC ,who handled the express twice at tri-state. Face it , the express beat up on bad teams and couldn't beat quality teams all summer. Don't forget, Jesters beat express at Farmingdale.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all sign with D1 schools ? lets see, 56 D1 teams, 8 players per class. 448 D1 signees per year. aprox 50,000 u13 players nationwide. 20 cudas. I guess that leaves just 428 spots for the rest of the 49,980 kids. Good luck

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The Lacrosse Magazine All-Tournament team was named following the completion of the U/15 National Championship. For the Love of the Game took top honors followed by the Long Island Jesters and the Long Island Express for a regional sweep of the top three positions.

The 12 players honored, with positions and club programs noted:

Attackman Ian Kirby, Long Island Express (N.Y.)
Attackman Dawes Milchling, Maryland Lacrosse Club
Attackman Justin McBride, For the Love of the Game (N.Y.)
Midfielder Joe Reid, Nor Cal Talons
Midfielder Brian Eletti, For the Love of the Game (N.Y.)
Midfield Evan Gagne, Long Island Jesters (N.Y.)
Midfielder Nick Suchoki, Long Island Jesters (N.Y.)
Midfielder Carney Mahon, For the Love of the Game (N.Y.)
Defenseman Benjamin Joy, Long Island Express (N.Y.)
Defenseman Robert Vavassis, For the Love of the Game (N.Y.)
Defenseman Billy Andrle, Long Island Jesters (N.Y.)
Goalie Michael Terracciano, For the Love of the Game (N.Y.)

Congratulations to all the players and teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all sign with D1 schools ? lets see, 56 D1 teams, 8 players per class. 448 D1 signees per year. aprox 50,000 u13 players nationwide. 20 cudas. I guess that leaves just 428 spots for the rest of the 49,980 kids. Good luck

Typical rosters are actually 35-40 players in D1 so its usually 8-12 recruits per year but thats just a rounding error on the number of U13 players. Not to mention that a fully funded program has only 12.6 scholarships to divide across the entire roster. A few might get a half but most only get 10-20%. Conclusion? Unless your kid is a genius, keep brownbaggin....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the record express played an extra tournament this season. This team was handed to them,after the season was over. They had 4 days of practice under their belt. Give them there due all are jealous because you got beat to the punch. I personally know the outlaws were reaching out to get express kids and so were the raiders. Read 91 blogs everyone hates it. All teams have tryouts and try to pick top players. If jonny didnt make the barracudas he probably wouldnt make it this coming year. GROW UP AND LET THE KIDS PLAY. THIS IS TRUELY ABOUT PARENTS RATING THEIR KIDS AFTER DRINKING A BOTTLE>.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 2014 On Li Are in No Order Outlaws Black(Beat Jesters and Express This year) Could not Play in FLA to Many Nov dec Birth Dates. Express Orange(They are very Good) fl$ and Jesters. All 4 Teams are Top Notch. Do Not Put any Down, They all have Many big Time players and all VERY Good organazations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo...thats why the Crabs and Looneys would rather make excuses about why its not worth their time rather than just showing up to play...As hard as it is for MD to accept, for the next year three long island programs will be considered the standard for U15 by the USL.

LOL! I'm not from MD, nor am I am supporter of either Crabs or Looney's, but your comment is off base. For U15, the 8/31 cutoff rarely comes into play because the overwhelming majority of these kids play ONE year at U15 because they are rising freshman who will then play for their HS team (which is supposed to prohibit them from playing U15 ball in every tournament except this bogus USL Florida tournament).

So for this year, those teams are comprised of kids in 8th who are born in 1997.

The U15 Crabs destroyed everyone this year and last year's U13 Looney's team was dominant. Both would have excelled in that tournament - even with those teams with rising sophomores.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious, what towns were represented on this Barracuda team? (no names, just towns that the kids were from)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the record express played an extra tournament this season. This team was handed to them,after the season was over. They had 4 days of practice under their belt. Give them there due all are jealous because you got beat to the punch. I personally know the outlaws were reaching out to get express kids and so were the raiders. Read 91 blogs everyone hates it. All teams have tryouts and try to pick top players. If jonny didnt make the barracudas he probably wouldnt make it this coming year. GROW UP AND LET THE KIDS PLAY. THIS IS TRUELY ABOUT PARENTS RATING THEIR KIDS AFTER DRINKING A BOTTLE>.

So poaching players from kids already on other clubs is ok because others may do it (and obviously on a smaller scale)?

Express 2016 was a pathetic last seed at Tri-State, right? What does it say about the Express program, directors and coaches that they play great after they bring in players FROM OTHER TEAMS?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again you don't get it. Why was this team handed to the express. If all these other programs were so good these kids could of played anywhere. I guess coaching and resources didn't count. Any program would have taken these kids too bad they didn't pick your kid and your program. You all blame express but you haven't gotten it they did not put them together. They have given many kids a chance too play on the island. Tell me one program that would not have taken these kids. Like a guy last night said the turtles are in a different class why aren't you crying about them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought each team has a tryout every year no one is exempt isn't that true? You mean only the best kids are brought back and exempted give me a break. Hope you believe that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U guys make me want to PUKE with the poaching stories. Team 91 just poached every player in there program from other programs. They literally destroyed the Hills Team but it was OK because it was for the Boy$$$$$$$ yes Boy$$$$ STop the BS and go away. Its BUSINE$$$$ they all line there poaching pocket$.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles only beat orange team 4 t 2

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the end of the day every parent should evaluate thier experience for the summer. Long Island has plenty of programs to choose from; for boys and girls. Players jump from team to team each and every year, kids have been jumping from H.S. to H.S.! If you think you had good coaching and played in quality events great..if not try another club. Stay out of the petty name calling and trash talk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles are 2017. Which Orange team did they beat by 2? Orange 2017 or Orange 2016?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This board will light up like Times Square when other clubs start successfully poaching the Cuda players..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep the fascinating debate going! Question? And this may be old school, but why are kids going to these clubs in first place? Why aren't they staying or growing with the town they live in? Seems to be plenty of talent on the island. At the HS level the rivalry of the towns is great. A sense of community if you will - East Islip v West Islip as an example (pick whatever rivalry you like). I would think that if a team from a town like WI played in a tournament that they would fare well?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles are 2017. Which Orange team did they beat by 2? Orange 2017 or Orange 2016?

he is referring to the 2017 team.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Keep the fascinating debate going! Question? And this may be old school, but why are kids going to these clubs in first place? Why aren't they staying or growing with the town they live in? Seems to be plenty of talent on the island. At the HS level the rivalry of the towns is great. A sense of community if you will - East Islip v West Islip as an example (pick whatever rivalry you like). I would think that if a team from a town like WI played in a tournament that they would fare well?

In my experience, on the town teams you get a mix of players: those who are strong and those who are there for a variety of reasons (social, parents signed 'em up, whatever) but who have less skill. The stronger players end up frustrated, and while they may enjoy the social aspect of the local team they are less happy with being on the field with players who aren't as dedicated (read skilled). I'm sure I'll get flack for saying that, but it's true. These kids want to broaden their sports experience and play more competitively.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This board will light up like Times Square when other clubs start successfully poaching the Cuda players..

Another WHAAAA my kid didn't get picked. Let me guess you are also a super coach who should have played in a D1 program but got screwed by somewhaaan

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 144 1 2 3 4 5 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard