BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 79 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 78 79
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So if they are non-profit were does all the $ go? They charge @2k per kid and have no paid coaches...so figure 16 paying kids per team 32k is a lot to spend on fields...

I believe that we paid $1600 and that includes everything for the year. So all fall practices/tournaments, winter indoor practices, spring NXT League, summer practices/tournaments. And my son has dedicated coaches who are at all of those events.

With fall field rentals/tournament fees, indoor space rental, NXT League fees, summer field rentals/tournaments fees. That feels to me like it would eat up close to, if not all, of the $25,600 based upon your 16 person roster.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if they are non-profit were does all the $ go? They charge @2k per kid and have no paid coaches...so figure 16 paying kids per team 32k is a lot to spend on fields...

I believe that we paid $1600 and that includes everything for the year. So all fall practices/tournaments, winter indoor practices, spring NXT League, summer practices/tournaments. And my son has dedicated coaches who are at all of those events.

With fall field rentals/tournament fees, indoor space rental, NXT League fees, summer field rentals/tournaments fees. That feels to me like it would eat up close to, if not all, of the $25,600 based upon your 16 person roster.

Just an FYI, some HS tournaments cost $600 or more per kid to enter. I would also assume that the club has to pay some type of insurance fees? So paying 1600-3000 per year is not over priced at all. That also includes the cost of uniforms.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just an FYI, some HS tournaments cost $600 or more per kid to enter. I would also assume that the club has to pay some type of insurance fees? So paying 1600-3000 per year is not over priced at all. That also includes the cost of uniforms.

There are no tournaments charging anything close to $600 per kid that would be over 12K per team. What you are referring to is a showcase which is an individual event and typically not covered by club dues. Typical costs for a club included tournament fee is about 150$ per kid max and some are much lower.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are no tournaments charging anything close to $600 per kid that would be over 12K per team. What you are referring to is a showcase which is an individual event and typically not covered by club dues. Typical costs for a club included tournament fee is about 150$ per kid max and some are much lower.

NXT has some that are $385/kid Welcome to lacrosse and when you have organizations like NXT pitching to parents that they are the only true "business" with full-time professionals, well you can look forward to those fees.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very impressed with NXT spring league. You could tell it was the first games in a while for some of the teams but hopefully, it continues to grow.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The weekend over night team showcases are hundreds of dollars per kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very impressed with NXT spring league. You could tell it was the first games in a while for some of the teams but hopefully, it continues to grow.

Guess TD really burned some bridges, no rising sons teams in the spring league. What are all those teams doing? Oh that's right he doesn't care about those teams anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess TD really burned some bridges, no rising sons teams in the spring league. What are all those teams doing? Oh that's right he doesn't care about those teams anyway.

There are a few teams doing the MSI Spring League.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know the history and why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rumor has it they were not invited to NXTL this year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rising Sons turned down the offer to be in the NXT Spring League actually

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's even worse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's even worse.

No way they turned it down.. they didn't want to pay the fee and couldn't ask parents for more money. Another example of club management just in it for the money!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's even worse.

No way they turned it down.. they didn't want to pay the fee and couldn't ask parents for more money. Another example of club management just in it for the money!

The only reason TD even had the younger teams is to line his pocket. There is NO WAY his 2020 team wouldn't have been in that league. Heck, he had them in 2 leagues when they were in junior high. Also surprising that NXT would have even invited them back after they got cheating in the league a few years ago. But then again obviously NXT didn't really care since they made a deal with him anyway. See how well that worked out. Ultimately, TD cares about 1 kid and one kid only.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good action at NXT League yesterday. Great seeing all of the teams back at it outside.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another great mini camp coming up for Duke's Nationals in Maryland Saturday April 7, make sue you attend only $100 dollars for the best 3 hour training you will every get, provided by the best coaches on the premier national team in the country Duke's Nationals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another great mini camp coming up for Duke's Nationals in Maryland Saturday April 7, make sue you attend only $100 dollars for the best 3 hour training you will every get, provided by the best coaches on the premier national team in the country Duke's Nationals.

I am guessing you are being sarcastic?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha
No doubt who posted it...taxes must be due so they raised the cost

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cost more than doubled in yr and half, better be twice as good!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope they didnt. I know this for a fact - were not invited. And probably never will be again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope they didnt. I know this for a fact - were not invited. And probably never will be again.

Incorrect ^

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Incorrect ^

My sons 8th grade team has played Blackstorm, leading edge, freedom and chiefs already. My other son is playing Mesa this weekend and have other events scheduled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Incorrect ^

My sons 8th grade team has played Blackstorm, leading edge, freedom and chiefs already. My other son is playing Mesa this weekend and have other events scheduled.

LeadingEdge??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Incorrect ^

Nope it’s correct I know for a fact - know the person that makes these decisions at NXT - Tad burnt bridges. Now for the Son’s parent arguing thisngive up everyone else knows.

Probably better for you guys anyway you would
Have lost to SJBS, Dukes, TriState, Uprising and RR Elite anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Assuming you just left BL and Freedom Red off of there because that was already a given?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Incorrect ^

Nope it’s correct I know for a fact - know the person that makes these decisions at NXT - Tad burnt bridges. Now for the Son’s parent arguing thisngive up everyone else knows.

Incorrect ^

We played SJBS and they tied us. Lost to Freedom 12-9

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I bet heads are about to explode at Malvern Prep! Imagine paying all of the money to get that “great” Lacrosse experience and then having the season they are having this year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Supinski hurt, last time I watched DU play he got lots of playing time. Looked at a few recent box scores and he isn mentioned

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty of help brought in by teams in the nxt spring league. Just shows how far youth lacrosse needs to go to get out of the cespool!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty of help brought in by teams in the nxt spring league. Just shows how far youth lacrosse needs to go to get out of the cespool!!

Some close calls and a few upsets this past weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, quite a tight game between Uprising and Brotherly Love. I assume the original poster is suggesting HHH players joined the fun.

And Tri-State, who didn't play very well the entire tournament, took down Freedom. Are you implying that Tri-State brought in ringers or that Freedom's help had to leave before 4 to beat traffic back to Long Island?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, quite a tight game between Uprising and Brotherly Love. I assume the original poster is suggesting HHH players joined the fun.

And Tri-State, who didn't play very well the entire tournament, took down Freedom. Are you implying that Tri-State brought in ringers or that Freedom's help had to leave before 4 to beat traffic back to Long Island?

Certainly not implying anything, the results speak for themselves. But if a certain program has a reputation for bringing in players and they under performed (or over performed), that speaks for itself as well. Not sure how Tri-State runs their program, they were in the middle of the pack for the season, but you do not typically hear a lot of talk about them bringing in players, same can be said for BL. It's not hard to look around the field at a rainbow of helmets to figure things out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Certainly not implying anything, the results speak for themselves. But if a certain program has a reputation for bringing in players and they under performed (or over performed), that speaks for itself as well. Not sure how Tri-State runs their program, they were in the middle of the pack for the season, but you do not typically hear a lot of talk about them bringing in players, same can be said for BL. It's not hard to look around the field at a rainbow of helmets to figure things out.

That's ridiculous BL is %100 known for bringing in kids. 2022 uses tons of Freedom kids, 2024 is bringing NXT fogo for Fantastic 12 Event. Everyone does it, but who cares?

Why are you complaining about competitive games? Isn't that why you're having your kids play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uprising did not bring HHH players, 90% of the Uprising team are HHH players. Uprising just played a great game and almost had a really big upset of BL. The Uprising team has very good players and all the players have been on the team all season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uprising did not bring HHH players, 90% of the Uprising team are HHH players. Uprising just played a great game and almost had a really big upset of BL. The Uprising team has very good players and all the players have been on the team all season.

They did play a great game, if not for a few hiccups along the way, they would have won - goalie had a solid game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's ridiculous BL is %100 known for bringing in kids. 2022 uses tons of Freedom kids, 2024 is bringing NXT fogo for Fantastic 12 Event. Everyone does it, but who cares?

Why are you complaining about competitive games? Isn't that why you're having your kids play?

Everyone most certainly does NOT do it.

For those of you who accept and encourage this kind of behavior, I certainly hope you are not over on the Duke's forum complaining about them bringing in ringers for a tournament because that would make you a major hypocrite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone most certainly does NOT do it.

For those of you who accept and encourage this kind of behavior, I certainly hope you are not over on the Duke's forum complaining about them bringing in ringers for a tournament because that would make you a major hypocrite.

Of course they are!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT is playing in the Fantastic 12 so I doubt their fogo is playing for BL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not complaining about competitive games at all, I think that the NXT games were great this season, regardless of who was on what team. It would just be nice if some people get over the constant comments about who is playing for what team, or who brought in ringers, or not. We all know that certain clubs bring in players, so what, isn't it a good thing that the top players in the region are coming in to play in the league, good for the league and the kids playing in it.

Like Reply Quote
Page 26 of 79 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard