BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 69 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Know some of parents on turtles, they never played the game nor know anything about it.
But they all think they are experts, if dads are coaching wouldn't be surprised if more leave
1 Kid left for fl$ where his brother played HHHMMM maybe it would be easier on the parents. No must be the start of the end.

Hmmmm his twin brother did not make the fl$ team this year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Know some of parents on turtles, they never played the game nor know anything about it.
But they all think they are experts, if dads are coaching wouldn't be surprised if more leave
1 Kid left for fl$ where his brother played HHHMMM maybe it would be easier on the parents. No must be the start of the end.

See that, no one can predict the future. Proves how kids progress differently and teams do not stay together for the sake of staying together. It was fl$'s call not the parent who makes the team. What a maroon!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See that, no one can predict the future. Proves how kids progress differently and teams do not stay together for the sake of staying together. It was fl$'s call not the parent who makes the team. What a maroon!

You, adults are talking about a 13/14 year old on an open forum, correct? Amazes me everytime

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats the way it should be. Parents should not have any influence on who makes a team. If a kid does not perform there should be no freebies because a parent knows a coach in some aspect. Unfortunately it happens in the club world as well a in school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's your definition of "lax daddy"?

We are all lax daddy's.

I heard this term today. Seriously, what's the difference between a "lax daddy" and the father of a lacrosse player?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are all lax daddy's.

I heard this term today. Seriously, what's the difference between a "lax daddy" and the father of a lacrosse player?

Is it a derogatory term or complimentary term? Would I know one if I saw one or ran into one? How would I know?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are all lax daddy's.

The difference between a dad knowing it's their son/daughters playing lacrosse and those that believe it is about them. We all know who they are!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the kids who left had physical talent and is a good kid but simply not coachable. We are with him on the new team and only time will tell if he can make the changes necessary to reach his potential. My sense is Turtles is a system and if you don't fit, the system spits you out. Parents need to understand what they are getting into with these club teams. The branding and the reality are different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the kids who left had physical talent and is a good kid but simply not coachable. We are with him on the new team and only time will tell if he can make the changes necessary to reach his potential. My sense is Turtles is a system and if you don't fit, the system spits you out. Parents need to understand what they are getting into with these club teams. The branding and the reality are different.

I really doubt your "with him on the new team". My son is on "the new team" which is called terps black and the young man is MORE than coachable. Maybe when he was on the turtles the coaching was very minimal & weak? Some people dont want their kids around coaches with a bad agenda and the lack of ability to inspire kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kid is a great kid with loads of talent! Great parents who finally saw the light!!!! He will be much better off where he is now just watch and see!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not coachable? Really? Would that explain why he made both Brine A and Jake Reed? No logic there. We met the family at practice and from our observations and speaking with the boy and his parents, the kid wanted to be on a balanced team. He said he was not growing as a player on his old team. The former team was a purely an offensive driven team with little need for defense. Winning upwards of 90% of face offs and and a high percentage scoring off of those possessions leaves little for a talented defender to do other than stand in the outfield. Not much defensive development happening there. The kid made his own decision. That took guts and displayed a mature decision making process on his part. The boy will improve exponentially under his new coaching instead of the Daddy coaches with personal agendas for their own kids. We are glad have him as an addition to our ever improving team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious, how many 8th graders are moving up to JV or Varsity in their perspective schools? Heard about one "Turtle" wondering about any others?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Not coachable? Really? Would that explain why he made both Brine A and Jake Reed? No logic there. We met the family at practice and from our observations and speaking with the boy and his parents, the kid wanted to be on a balanced team. He said he was not growing as a player on his old team. The former team was a purely an offensive driven team with little need for defense. Winning upwards of 90% of face offs and and a high percentage scoring off of those possessions leaves little for a talented defender to do other than stand in the outfield. Not much defensive development happening there. The kid made his own decision. That took guts and displayed a mature decision making process on his part. The boy will improve exponentially under his new coaching instead of the Daddy coaches with personal agendas for their own kids. We are glad have him as an addition to our ever improving team.
This ends the discussion of this individual player as the discussion has become far too specific. Apparently there is substantial talent with this player and both the former and new teams - let's leave the discussion there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps will kill them they pay so much more for training, they are ready.

I dont see a Shamrock schedule and I will say, Im a Terp Black parent Im sure that the person talking junk about 91 and turtles is NOT a Terp Black parent.

Terp Black? What is that? New team?

Alas...a new Kool Aid flavor is born!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious, how many 8th graders are moving up to JV or Varsity in their perspective schools? Heard about one "Turtle" wondering about any others?

Practice starts today for most JVs and Varsity's. How would the coaches know right now? My guess is that in the better lax programs like St. Ants, Chaminade, West Islip, Smithtown W., GC, Massapequa, Manhasset there will be none because they are already loaded on JV/Varsity and those schools are always notorious for not moving kids up. Weaker schools could be more desperate and give them a try. Lets revisit this in about a month. Maybe if the middle school season is over they will try a couple of kids out on JV if its not over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Practice starts today for most JVs and Varsity's. How would the coaches know right now? My guess is that in the better lax programs like St. Ants, Chaminade, West Islip, Smithtown W., GC, Massapequa, Manhasset there will be none because they are already loaded on JV/Varsity and those schools are always notorious for not moving kids up. Weaker schools could be more desperate and give them a try. Lets revisit this in about a month. Maybe if the middle school season is over they will try a couple of kids out on JV if its not over.

I heard about 4 turtles, 5 express black and 3 team 91 all playing up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As it is a process that requires approval of the athletics department and NYS testing 8th graders do not get moved up after the season starts. It is a process that begins in the winter and in place day one spring for the boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are top teams at the 2017 age and reasons why. If they could be put in order that would help. 5-8 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting. Doesn't that disqualify them from playing in U15 tournaments Nd require them to play at J. And Varsity levels this summer???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As it is a process that requires approval of the athletics department and NYS testing 8th graders do not get moved up after the season starts. It is a process that begins in the winter and in place day one spring for the boys.

Yes - but who initiates that? Over zealous parents who don't mind putting their kids in harm's way with bigger, stronger, faster kids?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes - but who initiates that? Over zealous parents who don't mind putting their kids in harm's way with bigger, stronger, faster kids?

Not in my experience

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are top teams at the 2017 age and reasons why. If they could be put in order that would help. 5-8 teams.

Ill give it a shot, this is all IMHO:

1. Turtles. Till someone beats em, theyre the best.
2. Terps black. Solid all the way through the roster.
3. 91 Orange. Very well coached and theyve definitely improved.
4. fl$. Super talented. Gonna be a tough out for anyone.
5. Outlaws Black. Always a competetive team.
6. Jesters Black. Up and coming team with talent.
7. Gladiators. Great coaching and hard nosed kids.
8. Terps. Lots of good lax players on this team as well.

Just one mans humble opinion. Suffice it to say that this age group on Long Island is loaded with talent and it should be a great, competetive summer. Good luck to all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
... for what its worth, TB 8th grade team has at least 6 players asked to play up to JV

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
... for what its worth, TB 8th grade team has at least 6 players asked to play up to JV

Knew I forgot a team on that list. Have to say True Blue is right there in the mix. They can play with anyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
funny did any play JV last year as 7th graders

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just one mans humble opinion. Suffice it to say that this age group on Long Island is loaded with talent and it should be a great, competetive summer. Good luck to all!

I agreed with your breakdown for the most part, very fair and complimentary post

I think that a few minor adjustments are needed IMHO, some aren't from LI. I went by what some teams have done this fall and winter including scrimmages.

1 Turtles- agreed #1 till they lose to a 2017
2 Terp black- size, speed, smart, w/top coaching won a bunch in fall and winter
3 Dukes (pa) - excellent group be ready for a good team from philly
4 Trueblue- they are talented and will win a lot but a little undiscplined
5 91- core been together a few years with good coaching
6 Breakers (MD) - big team with great lax IQ
7 fl$- lots of good players coaching is new from hotshots
8 Terps- well coached, talented, practice with terps black
9 Tri State Black- I never saw them but several have said they can play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NO TRUE BLUE?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agreed with your breakdown for the most part, very fair and complimentary post

I think that a few minor adjustments are needed IMHO, some aren't from LI. I went by what some teams have done this fall and winter including scrimmages.

If including NJ (Tri State Black), you forgot Patriot, BBL and STEPS who would all beat Tri State Black most likely.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe, but only the weaker school programs. None of the really competitive JV or Varsity's such as St. Ants, Chaminade, GC, Manhasset etc I'm sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Putting the Terps in front of 91 Orange, I dont know about that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please talk from a position of knowlege......how can a middle school player play for St Anthonys or Chaminade.....GEEZ....you should have some idea what your talking about before stating such stupidity !!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe, but only the weaker school programs. None of the really competitive JV or Varsity's such as St. Ants, Chaminade, GC, Manhasset etc I'm sure.

Clearly a difference between "informed opinion" and "opinion".

Despite depth, public programs you mention do have a history of moving up some younger players on occasion. Even the privates have. Obviously other programs may do it on a more regulare basis.

I don't know if "weaker" should be used for programs with a solid record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you saying that kids from the WEAKER HS programs get called up to JV or Varsity than that means it isn't an impressive accomplishment?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on, "Terp Dad"! This is ridiculous. These kids have only played fall ball & you are putting them in order based on "IMHO". Nothing honest here, just your "biased" opinion. Did someone ask what a "lax dadday" was...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If including NJ (Tri State Black), you forgot Patriot, BBL and STEPS who would all beat Tri State Black most likely.

BBL and Steps have no business whatsoever on that list, which is the reason they aren't mentioned. Tri State black and Patriots are the stronger of the NJ clubs imo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...be careful not to discount the 8th grader who has been asked to play JV too much...
by naming 4 schools (including chaminade and anthony's that dont have a middle school)...

unless the 8th grader is playing for East hampton High, i'm pretty sure the player is good and will only get better from the competition and significantly more lax...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or - JV/V coaches that see a kid in 7/8 grader that is more talented, bigger, stronger, and/or faster than some JV/V kids. It happens. Not every kid that has or will play up has crazy parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here ae some facts. There are certain tests that need to be taken this is I believe State standard but could vary based on athletic director

45 sec palm out hang from pull up top position
1.5 mile run in under 12 min
7.2 foot broad jump
Shuttle run I forgot the number

There is also a puberty test tanner chart I believe

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How can this be an honest opinion? Has anyone seen EVERY ONE of these teams play recently? There has been so much movement in this age group that it is impossible to give an "honest opinion". You put on Tri State Black saying you never saw them but "heard they can play". You put True Blue above teams they have lost to. Terps Black may not even be the same team by June yet, they are the top, above all other teams (other than the Turtles). 91s "core has been together, with good coaching", yet 80% are new players in the past 2 seasons. These boys are getting better, faster, stronger & some are staying where they were. There will be no honesty or accuracy to these rankings @ this point. It is just "one mans opinion", which really means nothing as long as his child is involved

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or - JV/V coaches that see a kid in 7/8 grader that is more talented, bigger, stronger, and/or faster than some JV/V kids. It happens. Not every kid that has or will play up has crazy parents.

Back in the day, any kid who might be moved up instantly had a bullseye on him just to have a message sent by the upperclassmen that it wasn't going to be so easy to take somebody's job - both in practice and in games. I don't think things have changed that much in that regard. Its still a collision sport.

Like Reply Quote
Page 23 of 69 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard