BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 35 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 34 35
Re: Duke's Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is at least one 2023 verified eligible Duke headed to Denver

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi! No one gives a .....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Quick question to any parent of a Duke's Nationals players, all you read about on this site is about the depth chart (good and bad) and how important it is that the players on the teams are above the travel line to be able to play. What exactly is Duke's management saying when it posts stuff like "It's not about your status on the Depth Chart. It's about mindset" on Instagram as a noted direct quote from the director of the program? Does the depth chart not matter anymore or is it better to not worry about the depth chart and have a better mindset and that will get the players in. Very confusing message I would think for the players on the depth chart that are told that the depth chart is all that matters.

Here is the best answer to your question. The depth chart is used to get kids to commit to attending a tournament. Once at the tournament and all fees have been paid the depth chart is tossed to the side and a bunch of outside players are brought in while your depth chart kid sits most of the game on the sidelines, unless he's a stud and then he never comes off the field. The only mindset the dukes organization cares about is your commitment to investing your hard earned money in their sinking program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quick question to any parent of a Duke's Nationals players, all you read about on this site is about the depth chart (good and bad) and how important it is that the players on the teams are above the travel line to be able to play. What exactly is Duke's management saying when it posts stuff like "It's not about your status on the Depth Chart. It's about mindset" on Instagram as a noted direct quote from the director of the program? Does the depth chart not matter anymore or is it better to not worry about the depth chart and have a better mindset and that will get the players in. Very confusing message I would think for the players on the depth chart that are told that the depth chart is all that matters.

Here is the best answer to your question. The depth chart is used to get kids to commit to attending a tournament. Once at the tournament and all fees have been paid the depth chart is tossed to the side and a bunch of outside players are brought in while your depth chart kid sits most of the game on the sidelines, unless he's a stud and then he never comes off the field. The only mindset the dukes organization cares about is your commitment to investing your hard earned money in their sinking program.
And for everyone who thinks the minicamp fees are outrageous, we have come to realize that the tournament fees are even more ridiculous. That would be why these weak tournaments get added for a $150-250 fee in place of play days where the costs are only be covering ref fees and a lot harder to hide overcharging. We went to a tournament in the fall where we had plenty of kids some of whom were below the "travel line" and got charged $150 for it. Just doing the general math here, I'm pretty sure that tournament's registration fee wasn't $3,000.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beach Brine $200-

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beach Brine $200-

Brine beach lax costs $995 to enter an entire team. Why would you pay $200 to play in it? Are they only bringing 5 kids?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My ignorance...I had no idea...ugh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beach Brine $200-

Brine beach lax costs $995 to enter an entire team. Why would you pay $200 to play in it? Are they only bringing 5 kids?

They have to pay coaches and their travel expenses, plus make a profit for the business. You can't expect the actual fees to be the same as if you entered on your own. However, there is a difference between making a profit and being a pig. They're still being pigs and overcharging significantly. If you figured $1,000 for the coach and his expensed and $1,000 for the club, that's only $80 more per player assuming 20 players. Should be around $120 pp.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beach Brine $200-

They have to pay coaches and their travel expenses, plus make a profit for the business. You can't expect the actual fees to be the same as if you entered on your own. However, there is a difference between making a profit and being a pig. They're still being pigs and overcharging significantly. If you figured $1,000 for the coach and his expensed and $1,000 for the club, that's only $80 more per player assuming 20 players. Should be around $120 pp.

Why should players have to cover travel expenses for coaches?? I don't get paid for travel expenses when I go to work. It is their job right??? They don't volunteer, pay them for coaching the game, the rest is on them,.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beach Brine $200-

Why should players have to cover travel expenses for coaches?? I don't get paid for travel expenses when I go to work. It is their job right??? They don't volunteer, pay them for coaching the game, the rest is on them,.

Many jobs cover travel expenses for employees when the work requires travel outside the employee's home region. That is the norm.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is coaching the 23 team now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beach Brine $200-

Many jobs cover travel expenses for employees when the work requires travel outside the employee's home region. That is the norm.
Seriously. I would assume that MOST employers who require their employees to travel subsidize that travel. It's not like they're getting money per mile to drive to practices, they're getting their hotel paid for and maybe some kind of money for meals during a tournament weekend. And given the greed everyone's talking about with DN, I'd be willing to bet those coaches are NOT getting $1000 per tournament + travel expenses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does it matter? G calls the shots, the program has become a joke, the Travel Lines mean nothing; it is a total money grab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New 23 depth chart out--funny seeing a kid who isn't even on the team anymore above kids who are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New 23 depth chart out--funny seeing a kid who isn't even on the team anymore above kids who are.

It's a complete joke, at least 5 kids listed on the depth chart are no longer playing for the team and are all above the travel line.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must need players for the May tournameny

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm confused..or stupid(LOL) but how does keeping kids not on teamon the chart get more players for May tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm confused..or stupid(LOL) but how does keeping kids not on teamon the chart get more players for May tournament?

The 2023 team is in complete disarray; take it from a parent who has a son on the team. What is being said is correct; the depth chart really means nothing. If kids can't make a tournament they just ask kids who are below the Travel Line or just bring kids in period. Communication is absolutely non-existent; we don't even know who the HC is at this moment. Anyone else still waiting on equipment they were promised 10 months ago? The quality of the mini-camps has gone down since we joined the team; they are a complete money grab. Trust me your kid isn't going to make the team unless the coaches specifically brought them in and there is huge bias for certain players; they don't show up for mini-camps but consistently maintain their spot on the roster. This will be our last year with the team and I can say this will be true for many others who feel the same way I do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2023 team is in complete disarray; take it from a parent who has a son on the team. What is being said is correct; the depth chart really means nothing. If kids can't make a tournament they just ask kids who are below the Travel Line or just bring kids in period. Communication is absolutely non-existent; we don't even know who the HC is at this moment. Anyone else still waiting on equipment they were promised 10 months ago? The quality of the mini-camps has gone down since we joined the team; they are a complete money grab. Trust me your kid isn't going to make the team unless the coaches specifically brought them in and there is huge bias for certain players; they don't show up for mini-camps but consistently maintain their spot on the roster. This will be our last year with the team and I can say this will be true for many others who feel the same way I do.

I'm on the 2023 team also and I'm hoping to make to the high school team (fingers crossed). (some kids have already BTW) When we first joined I read this forum and I thought people were just ragging on DN, parents of kids who weren't above the travel line and lately I see what this forum is about. 2023 is fall apart! Any word on coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why bother? The HS teams aren’t very good anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why bother? The HS teams aren’t very good anymore.

That certainly is not true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2022 rankings were very bad also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
totally agree with the above. it is a clear bait and switch scheme. taking money from new families, letting them hang above the travel line for a few months then offering spots to new kids and new money bumping those families that are not one of G's buddies. Total joke and waste of time. Travel Line means nothing; the suggestion that they are looking for boys whose grades are also about average is a bigger joke. In the two years we were involved we were never asked for grades. All a big con. Don't fall for it.

We are playing in the same tournament this summer that DN is looking for $175.00 and we are paying $125.00. Guess G needs extra cash for all his nasty habits

STAY CLEAR OF DUKES NATIONALS!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MOST OTHER teams pay for coaches and coaches travel. there is no justification for the overcharging that Dukes Nationals charges. By the way, I know of some coaches that have not been paid and stuck with their own hotel bills. surprised? Not when G is involved.
Don't get sucked into the Dukes Nationals web of lies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are all the teams in this much disarray? or is just the 2023 team? If so why? Are there enough players for May camp in Boston if not how do I get my money back?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh I'm sure there'll be kids there to play the minicamp/tournament. Sure as heck won't be the caliber of team that won it last year or even the year before, but G will get his tournament royalties. You can bank on that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are all the teams in this much disarray? or is just the 2023 team? If so why? Are there enough players for May camp in Boston if not how do I get my money back?

I am not sure about the other teams but the 2023 team is completely done. Management ruined what was a very good team. Management will get new kids to supplement the players who have left with promises of the "National Brand". Good luck getting any money back, people are still looking for the banquet money we paid back in August 2017 and have had no stink luck and most players are still due equipment from order placed last August that was paid for as well. Do not pay for the equipment order,the equipment promised is cheap and a joke, definitely not worth the 600-700 paid for it. Get out if you can.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck getting your money back

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure who is coaching the 2023 yet, the team has no communication with players it's a complete joke, plus the 2023 has lost all the good close defenders on the team, they will not fare well up in Boston. Don't think they will repeat as champs. Probably not worth the time and money to travel to Boston on memorial day weekend. We will not be going to frustrated with this club and not spending anymore money on it, my kid is out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What ashame...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure who is coaching the 2023 yet, the team has no communication with players it's a complete joke, plus the 2023 has lost all the good close defenders on the team, they will not fare well up in Boston. Don't think they will repeat as champs. Probably not worth the time and money to travel to Boston on memorial day weekend. We will not be going to frustrated with this club and not spending anymore money on it, my kid is out.

Completely agree; my kid is out as well. I am not sure they will be able to field a team; what was once a great team last year has completely fallen apart.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes 2023 should have gotten rid of the two Daddy Ball coaches years ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hard to do that when he owns the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck getting your money back

Can't be good, they send out emails daily to 2023s that are not part of the program. No idea how they got my email.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true at all, you have no clue what you are talking about. The two coaches actually coached and cared about the team and the players. Best coaches the team every had and the team went down hill fast after coaches and their kids were let go from the team. Classy move by Dukes National management.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a good sign.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does Dukes have its own thread?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does Dukes have its own thread?

Because there are so many issues (mostly money). Kids are promised the world and each month its about money. I am still a DN parent but my eyes are wide open. My son still loves it.
So with every new recruit, their parents question and ask the same things about depth chart blah blah blah and past parents speak from experience of how they got burned by program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd like to hear from a reasonable DN parent (possibly one who has had a son play for another club team in the past), as I have a question: Are the costs associated with DN in line with what they offer? Seems to me, traveling to some great D1 lax locations for clinics (Loyola, Duke, Rutgers, etc), along with playing in tournaments and, I'm guessing, other scrimmage/clinic opportunities and a depth chart is a solid way to keep (serious about club) players motivated while enjoying different venues. I get that the depth chart scenario doesn't seem like it's being implemented correctly (if what I've read is true), but it looks like the overall program is solid. For the record, I'm the parent of a 2025 club player, but I keep my eyes open on the different clubs in Philly. The cost at the 2025 level, for my son, has started in the hundreds and has moved to the low thousands, but with that have come more options throughout the year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd like to hear from a reasonable DN parent (possibly one who has had a son play for another club team in the past), as I have a question: Are the costs associated with DN in line with what they offer? Seems to me, traveling to some great D1 lax locations for clinics (Loyola, Duke, Rutgers, etc), along with playing in tournaments and, I'm guessing, other scrimmage/clinic opportunities and a depth chart is a solid way to keep (serious about club) players motivated while enjoying different venues. I get that the depth chart scenario doesn't seem like it's being implemented correctly (if what I've read is true), but it looks like the overall program is solid. For the record, I'm the parent of a 2025 club player, but I keep my eyes open on the different clubs in Philly. The cost at the 2025 level, for my son, has started in the hundreds and has moved to the low thousands, but with that have come more options throughout the year.

Since you asked, My son had been with the program since inception and I can tell you the coasts associated with DN is not in line with what they offer. Originally the program's team/depth chart and cost (pay as you go) was good. The program at the start was reasonably priced (to me), $295 registration fee for the year, $40 mini camps (pay as you go) and tournament fees for the tournaments the players attended. Now $600 for team registration/ equipment package per year, you do not have a choice not to get the equipment package and the equipment is terrible, cheap and over priced, not to mention never received by players. The mini camps are now $100 if you decide to pay as you go or you can pay $600 up front for 10 mini-camps (money grab), the problem is the camps have not increased in value at all if anything they have decreased, to many kids and the coaching is a joke. My son had NEVER received an evaluation from any mini camp in over three years and was always above the line on the depth chart. The depth chart has never actually been implemented as described by G. The coaches of the teams never have a say in the depth chart even though G says they do. G makes whatever decisions on the depth charts that he wants regardless of the players commitment, playing ability or grades as he preaches. I definitely don't think the value is worth it, the program has turned into a complete money grab not to mention the overcharging of the players on the tournaments fees. This is just one parents observations and comments, others may differ.

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 35 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 34 35
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard