A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Syosset looks much better in 2nd quarter. Making it a game

Sadly they were never in the game. And that team had a lot D1 recruits. Surprised they were not more competitive.

your post is disingenuous at best and stupid at worst, I do not believe you were sad and 4-2 at half would be "in the game" -

15-8 Final.

I guess St. Anthony's cleared their bench a bit early (like 2nd period), and that allowed Syo to make it seem close at the half. Not close in the 2nd 1/2 at all.

I’m no fan of Syosset, but I thought they played great in 2nd quarter. If you think it was never a game or that SA took out the starters you didn’t watch the game. SA just better, they put it together and ran away with it in the 2nd half. Syosset had way too many bad passes and dropped balls. But a lot of physical talent.

So, let me understand...

Syosset played great in the 2nd quarter, but had way too many bad passes and dropped balls, but yet they have a lot of physical talent.

OK - got it! That all makes perfect sense.

Thx!

relax, they were fast kids, but they dropped a lot of passes and threw the ball away. Take a chill pill

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #262766
04/13/18 05:40 PM
04/13/18 05:40 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look like Tarzan
Play like Jane d9a

Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #262768
04/13/18 05:57 PM
04/13/18 05:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So let me get this straight, if a parent has a problem with the way a coach plays their son in high school its usually because the kid isnt good and the parents have no idea about lacrosse. Really? What if the coach is a person of very low moral character. They are well protected within the district and basically do whatever they want. There are also a number of coaches that are a bit long in the tooth that also fall into the two above catagories.

Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #262808
04/14/18 10:34 AM
04/14/18 10:34 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So let me get this straight, if a parent has a problem with the way a coach plays their son in high school its usually because the kid isnt good and the parents have no idea about lacrosse. Really? What if the coach is a person of very low moral character. They are well protected within the district and basically do whatever they want. There are also a number of coaches that are a bit long in the tooth that also fall into the two above catagories.

There are coaches of low moral character, just like in every other walk of life. But when this is the first place parents go when there kid doesn't play enough that's when we shake our heads. Believe me there are coaches who aren't in love with certain players. But if that kid can really play and help the team win, it would be pretty obvious to all that a coach isn't doing the right thing. And in that case going to the AD or the coach himself would be more beneficial than posting anonymously here. I can also think of some past postings I've seen about wanting and getting and celebrating some coaching changes. Anyone go back and see if those teams are better or worse?

Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #262867
04/14/18 10:40 PM
04/14/18 10:40 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another Northport loss! Long year

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #262868
04/14/18 10:42 PM
04/14/18 10:42 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #262870
04/14/18 11:23 PM
04/14/18 11:23 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are coaches of low moral character, just like in every other walk of life. But when this is the first place parents go when there kid doesn't play enough that's when we shake our heads. Believe me there are coaches who aren't in love with certain players. But if that kid can really play and help the team win, it would be pretty obvious to all that a coach isn't doing the right thing. And in that case going to the AD or the coach himself would be more beneficial than posting anonymously here. I can also think of some past postings I've seen about wanting and getting and celebrating some coaching changes. Anyone go back and see if those teams are better or worse?

I can think of one or two players on our school's team that are maybe the most talented on the team but deserve to have their jerks nailed to the bench because their play is 100% selfish and they take the some of the most dumb [ChillLaxin] penalties at the worst possible times, so your theory doesn't work in these cases!

Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #262871
04/15/18 12:01 AM
04/15/18 12:01 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

this site is both a benefit and a distraction. It's like the ole believe half you see and nothing you hear.

ME I would have swore from the game people would have been blasting St Ants and turns out to be the opposite and its a total Syosett S show.

really people

Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #262873
04/15/18 12:15 AM
04/15/18 12:15 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Today may have hurt, we can only hope the next few games, Commack, West Islip, and Sachem East will be different but it doesn't seem the ball bounces our way. We have been in each game and I cant seem to blame this on anyone. Just very competitive games. Just good games with a lot of parity. Today could have went either way, and we got some beneficial calls and no calls, but hats off to all of these teams.

PS stop bringing JV kids up to pad the sideline. Let them enjoy their time on JV. They cant play on varsity anyway, stop the farce. Lots of time left just advance and survive.

I don't think it was about one player but more about the trashing Northport has been taking on here. The coach has been getting ripped heavily as well as people just stating how bad they are. So they got beat up by Smithtown West pretty badly. That's one game. Give me another game they have played that has been so bad? The are right in the thick of things and I think aside from SW and WM, the landscape is pretty competitive this year so ya never know who is going to end up where. So I think way to early to say they won't make the playoffs. They have a big game today vs. SE and Bayshore on the weekend. Both I think will be very competitive games and can go either way.

[quote=Anonymous]I think the original post reads as if they Nport will make the playoffs, (northport commack West islip are probably #5-7.) are you questioning this? and saying they wont make playoffs? and are you saying this because of one player, one player doesnt make that happen. When will he be back?

Big games tomorrow for teams in A maybe a foreshadow of playoffs:
Quott vs Ward Melville
HHHE v SmithW
WIslip v CMack
Nport v SmithE

Sachem E v BShore
Whit v Hunt

Leading to bigger games Saturday, or games could let division shale out.

Lindy v HHHE
Nport v BShore
SmithE v Rivr

SmithW v Sachem E
WIslip v Hunt
Melville V Whitmn

Todays Predictions
Quott 10-9
SW 14-7
Commack 13-11
Smith East 15-8
Sachem E 11-9
Hunt 14-8

Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #262888
04/15/18 12:16 PM
T
thegoaliesdad Offline
Back of THE CAGE
thegoaliesdad  Offline
Back of THE CAGE
T
Who is this about?

Today may have hurt, we can only hope the next few games, Commack, West Islip, and Sachem East will be different but it doesn't seem the ball bounces our way. We have been in each game and I cant seem to blame this on anyone. Just very competitive games. Just good games with a lot of parity. Today could have went either way, and we got some beneficial calls and no calls, but hats off to all of these teams.

PS stop bringing JV kids up to pad the sideline. Let them enjoy their time on JV. They cant play on varsity anyway, stop the farce. Lots of time left just advance and survive.

I don't think it was about one player but more about the trashing Northport has been taking on here. The coach has been getting ripped heavily as well as people just stating how bad they are. So they got beat up by Smithtown West pretty badly. That's one game. Give me another game they have played that has been so bad? The are right in the thick of things and I think aside from SW and WM, the landscape is pretty competitive this year so ya never know who is going to end up where. So I think way to early to say they won't make the playoffs. They have a big game today vs. SE and Bayshore on the weekend. Both I think will be very competitive games and can go either way.

[quote=Anonymous]I think the original post reads as if they Nport will make the playoffs, (northport commack West islip are probably #5-7.) are you questioning this? and saying they wont make playoffs? and are you saying this because of one player, one player doesnt make that happen. When will he be back?

Big games tomorrow for teams in A maybe a foreshadow of playoffs:
Quott vs Ward Melville
HHHE v SmithW
WIslip v CMack
Nport v SmithE

Sachem E v BShore
Whit v Hunt

Leading to bigger games Saturday, or games could let division shale out.

Lindy v HHHE
Nport v BShore
SmithE v Rivr

SmithW v Sachem E
WIslip v Hunt
Melville V Whitmn

Todays Predictions
Quott 10-9
SW 14-7
Commack 13-11
Smith East 15-8
Sachem E 11-9
Hunt 14-8

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #262889

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can think of one or two players on our school's team that are maybe the most talented on the team but deserve to have their jerks nailed to the bench because their play is 100% selfish and they take the some of the most dumb [ChillLaxin] penalties at the worst possible times, so your theory doesn't work in these cases!

Sounds like just about any school. What school are you referring to specifically?

Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #262905
04/15/18 03:33 PM
04/15/18 03:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pequa looked real good yesterday, very deep on the Defensive side.

Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #262914
04/15/18 04:33 PM
04/15/18 04:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A great game and a heartbreaking loss. Feel real bad for the players especially the seniors who have been leaving it all on the field. Another game that had them in position to win with less than a minute to play and another chance for the coach not to provide a viable play.

Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #262923
04/15/18 05:58 PM
04/15/18 05:58 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A great game and a heartbreaking loss. Feel real bad for the players especially the seniors who have been leaving it all on the field. Another game that had them in position to win with less than a minute to play and another chance for the coach not to provide a viable play.

What nonsense, team wins the kids did it, team loses, bad coaching! The reason they lost is bad parents. The kids and the team are fine, it’s YOU!

Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #262932
04/15/18 10:14 PM
04/15/18 10:14 PM
T
thegoaliesdad Offline
Back of THE CAGE
thegoaliesdad  Offline
Back of THE CAGE
T
I've been coming on here for a long time since my son started playing travel ball back in 4th grade. And I have to say, this will be my last time on and my last post. It's one thing if a player is posting but the back and forth from the parents is kind of pathetic and ridiculous, and I am sure at one time or another I was just as guilty. If your kid's team loses there is always someone to blame be it a player or coach. This goes on with all the team's not just one. I rarely see credit being given for a win to the wining team. Even if it is, it always seems to be backhanded and slighted.

My son is on the Northport team and yup, they are having a tough season. In reading the banter between these two posts it made me realize how any derogatory or negative remarks on here is doing nothing but hurting our kids. They read this stuff or hear it from their parents and especially in tough times, they need to focus more on banding together to try and right their ship than looking for someone to blame a loss on. I've been just as guilty, maybe not on the site but standing on the sidelines. What we say and do rubs right off on the boys. If they win, fantastic! They lose and let's find someone to demonize. The coach screwed up or a player not be named or sometimes is referred to and they all know who they are is blamed. That is right up their with cyber bullying. So yeah, I agree with the first "Anonymous" post of a heartbreaking loss and feeling bad for the players especially the seniors because after this, many will not have the chance to play the sport they love again. And I also agree with the other "Anonymous: poster to a point. Kids and coaches win the game and lose them together. There is never just 1 thing to point to. A ball bounces your way, a call goes your way or a goal is saved or made, you win or lose. As a team, players & coaches. So my point, as this reminded me of how much I used to enjoy and look forward to going to games and just watching my son play, win or lose. So for the little time he has left this year, that is all I plan on doing. No complaints, win or lose. I'll be there on the sidelines rooting for him as well as the rest of his team. Just something to think about because I know I will miss this time when it is all over and many of you will as well. Just go support your kid.

What nonsense, team wins the kids did it, team loses, bad coaching! The reason they lost is bad parents. The kids and the team are fine, it’s YOU!

Page 319 of 340 1 2 317 318 319 320 321 339 340

TRAVEL TEAM TRYOUTS
Title 9 Lacrosse Tryouts
LI Sting Lacrosse Tryouts
Team Superstar Box Lacrosse Tryouts
Team Elevate Lacrosse Tryouts
LI Knights Lacrosse Tryouts
Jester Girls United Lacrosse Tryouts
LI Top Guns Lacrosse Tryouts
Shore 2 Shore Lacrosse Tryouts
LI Legacy Girl's Lacrosse Tryouts
LI Legacy Boy's Lacrosse Tryouts