BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Take aways from today. 91 is the real deal, by far the strongest team in the elite division. 91 has talent all over the field. Crabs, have a Fogo and one good goalie not much else. BLC played a lot better then they did last week against Crabs, solid play all aspects of the against Looney’s. Looney’s has no offense that anyone could tell and played D most of the game. Long season for them until they battle it out with Next Level. Hawks just ran through Next Level, and played very well, always a solid program but Next Level is going to have to play a lot better to compete in the elite division.

Thanks for the update Mark.
MADLAX by far the strongest. That Division is weak to begin with. Can not Judge based on a few games.

How did MLax only beat Breakers by four? Assume key players were still on spring break...

Madlax doesn't play games with less than 100% of their squad, so that's not it...

Two four didn't play. He arrived right before halftime from another game. Played for about 4 mins. Then had to leave early.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another game? Guess CM is getting pretty mellow abou the one sport spring commitment, or at least showing up for more than 5 mins

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take aways from today. 91 is the real deal, by far the strongest team in the elite division. 91 has talent all over the field. Crabs, have a Fogo and one good goalie not much else. BLC played a lot better then they did last week against Crabs, solid play all aspects of the against Looney’s. Looney’s has no offense that anyone could tell and played D most of the game. Long season for them until they battle it out with Next Level. Hawks just ran through Next Level, and played very well, always a solid program but Next Level is going to have to play a lot better to compete in the elite division.

Thanks for the update Mark.
MADLAX by far the strongest. That Division is weak to begin with. Can not Judge based on a few games.

How did MLax only beat Breakers by four? Assume key players were still on spring break...

Madlax doesn't play games with less than 100% of their squad, so that's not it...

Two four didn't play. He arrived right before halftime from another game. Played for about 4 mins. Then had to leave early.

Score was 11-4 midway through 4th qtr. Not taking away anything from Breakers, they played well, but final score is not indicative of how game went. I believe score was 8-1 at half. By 4th qtr focus was on getting other kids playing time, not trying to run up score.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Division is weak? You’re crazy. One of the tops in the country at 24.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
two four is complying with the single sport Madlax rule, problem is he is playing for another team! Heard he is playing on-age for another club . .. . .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
two four is complying with the single sport Madlax rule, problem is he is playing for another team! Heard he is playing on-age for another club . .. . .

Wow. Now there’s a novel idea. Playing on age. Who would have thunk it??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to who??? You?? You live in quite the little fantasy world, don’t you obsessed daddy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to who??? You?? You live in quite the little fantasy world, don’t you obsessed daddy.

You keep Believing that. Only 2 teams , maybe 3 worthy on a mention

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He sometimes plays on my son's 23 team. Wish he played with us more. The kid is a stud.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He sometimes plays on my son's 23 team. Wish he played with us more. The kid is a stud.

Before anyone craps on this info, everyone should play up when they have an opportunity. My son is not on MadLax, but he has played up and we have kids on our team who play up, and it’s good for all of them. And please leave him alone. It’s getting ridiculous as his size advantage isn’t what it used to be, and, from my son, he says he’s a nice kid.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He’s playing up with Next Level 2023 who are going to WSYL. That Next Level team is solid and will be a real contender.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Before anyone craps on this info, everyone should play up when they have an opportunity. My son is not on MadLax, but he has played up and we have kids on our team who play up, and it’s good for all of them. And please leave him alone. It’s getting ridiculous as his size advantage isn’t what it used to be, and, from my son, he says he’s a nice kid.

If your son is on a top team, no need to play up at all. Unless by playing up you mean playing on age, in which case it’s not really playing up, now is it...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice of you to say, big kid mom. But sorry mom, Love is blind. You’re kid is an average 13 year old Lax player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]two four is complying with the single sport Madlax rule, problem is he is playing for another team! Heard he is playing on-age for another club . .. . .

If your son is on a top team, no need to play up at all. Unless by playing up you mean playing on age, in which case it’s not really playing up, now is it...

We have kids (and yes on a top team) who are fifth graders who are playing up in age and grade. They are smaller and get hit hard but are tough kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He’s playing up with Next Level 2023 who are going to WSYL. That Next Level team is solid and will be a real contender.

The kid is way too good to be playing 2024. He should be competing with older/better players that will challenge him and make him better. He can always drop back to his real grade later. He is already one of the top 23s in the country. Otherwise he wouldn't be playing with the Next Level 23 team in the first place. That team is stacked. If he sticks with them, it will help his long term development a lot more than playing with kids half his size and skill level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kid is way too good to be playing 2024. He should be competing with older/better players that will challenge him and make him better. He can always drop back to his real grade later. He is already one of the top 23s in the country. Otherwise he wouldn't be playing with the Next Level 23 team in the first place. That team is stacked. If he sticks with them, it will help his long term development a lot more than playing with kids half his size and skill level.

Didn't help in championship lost all face offs and really didn't do anything not a top 23

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]two four is complying with the single sport Madlax rule, problem is he is playing for another team! Heard he is playing on-age for another club . .. . .

We have kids (and yes on a top team) who are fifth graders who are playing up in age and grade. They are smaller and get hit hard but are tough kids.

Please stop doing that. You are making many prefirsts/holdbacks look bad that play down. If you want to play up. Please go to another area and play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please stop doing that. You are making many prefirsts/holdbacks look bad that play down. If you want to play up. Please go to another area and play.

Enough already with all this crap

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any scores/highlights from today's games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strange that there havent been any comment here in over a month, 91 Beat Hawks today 5-0 and MadLax beat BLC 8-6. Final tomorrow 91 v Madlax should be a great game. I'd put my money on 91. Solid team all around.

Great HOCO season with pretty even competition amonts the top 4 teams ML, 91, BLC, Hawks. Any one could beat the other on any given day... as was proven this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed about all four teams winning on any given Sunday. 91MD beat Madlax by one today. Terrific game on both sides.

Strange that there havent been any comment here in over a month, 91 Beat Hawks today 5-0 and MadLax beat BLC 8-6. Final tomorrow 91 v Madlax should be a great game. I'd put my money on 91. Solid team all around.

Great HOCO season with pretty even competition amonts the top 4 teams ML, 91, BLC, Hawks. Any one could beat the other on any given day... as was proven this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC has a tuff time with 24 madlax
Blc Matchup well against team 91
Team 91 has big long pole that negates madlax 24
Would not be surprised if madlax lost against Hawks to get more favorable matchup in playoffs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax didn't throw the Hawks game (went to OT) but may have benefited from the seedings. Hawks have some good players, lefty attackman and speedy middie.
They don't match up well with 91s big D, but they hang well with Madlax and BLC.
I'd have 91 at the top and Hawks 4th, but very little difference among the 4.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would not be surprised if madlax lost against Hawks to get more favorable matchup in playoffs

The Hawks earned that win in a game that went to overtime, ridiculous post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Hawks earned that win in a game that went to overtime, ridiculous post.

This is dumb for two reasons. One, kids played very hard, how do you tell your kids not score or to go easy on defense. Inconceivable. Also, in the internal logic of the above, why would Madlax throw a game in order to play against a team that “negates” 24? Madlax and 24 capable of playing anyone and winning any day, and they play to win. As does every team in the playoffs. All good teams, fun to watch them compete

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best 2024 lax if the world.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the Fantastic 12 2024 tourney fast approaching, which teams will bent he top 4 teams ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From Md, Madlax and MD91. From LI, WP and Taz. Haven’t seen a lot of the Phi teams recently, but suspect they are a notch below based on past years. Those would be my four.

Nice thing about the tournament is some very good teams that can win any game or make a run (eg Express, BLC and likely more). A lot of parity and close games this spring in LI and MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would be surprised if Madlax does very well this weekend. Owner continues to play his kids over better athletes. Daddy ball at its worst. Now that competition has caught up and playing time has decreased for kids that are already paying top $, parents are revolting. Heard from an inside source that massive defections are coming.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would be surprised if Madlax does very well this weekend. Owner continues to play his kids over better athletes. Daddy ball at its worst. Now that competition has caught up and playing time has decreased for kids that are already paying top $, parents are revolting. Heard from an inside source that massive defections are coming.

Isn't it ironic that the only two kids on the team that don't pay get the most playing time?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't it ironic that the only two kids on the team that don't pay get the most playing time?

Did you see that they have a roster of 28?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you see that they have a roster of 28?

Twenty-six kids taking a back seat to the two worst kids on the team. I bet they don't even break a sweat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddy ball is highly prevalent at Madlax these days on both the 24's and 22's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep, many of the 24s have had enough with sons playing over other people while some kids never see the field. The 22 team is good, but the daddy coach makes sure his son is always ahead of others. He has multiple son olay for madlax and is rewarded as a coach for all the kids he's delivered to madlax over the years. Basically the owner's bag man.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, I just looked at the Madlax site as I thought this can't be accurate but both 24 and 22 teams have rosters as large as some colleges and most HS teams. If you are a parent of player 21-30 in playing time which can't be much you are making your son miserable. Play NVYLL and go to camps and clinics or find another team. Club lax only lasts a little while and watching other kids play just is not fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, I just looked at the Madlax site as I thought this can't be accurate but both 24 and 22 teams have rosters as large as some colleges and most HS teams. If you are a parent of player 21-30 in playing time which can't be much you are making your son miserable. Play NVYLL and go to camps and clinics or find another team. Club lax only lasts a little while and watching other kids play just is not fun.

Imagine being on the 2024 team, where 2 of the 10 starting positions are already taken by the owner's kids, and they rarely leave the field. The other 26 kids are not getting better by standing around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no reason or excuse for a roster of 28 on a youth team. On a HS team a freshman may see little time on Varsity but has 5 practices a week to get better. On a college team that player may have 10 practices a week and there is a Senior they know will be leaving the team. At youth lacrosse there is NO way to give 28 players enough time for a team that has two practices per week. To pay good money on top of that is even worse. What is the end game? Colleges do not look to the end of the bench to find recruits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no reason or excuse for a roster of 28 on a youth team. On a HS team a freshman may see little time on Varsity but has 5 practices a week to get better. On a college team that player may have 10 practices a week and there is a Senior they know will be leaving the team. At youth lacrosse there is NO way to give 28 players enough time for a team that has two practices per week. To pay good money on top of that is even worse. What is the end game? Colleges do not look to the end of the bench to find recruits.

Looks like the problem may fix itself. Half of the team has one foot out the door. Several kids have already quit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do love to see how the Madlax haters for life like to bash Madlax. One post is they are a dying club the next is they have to many players wanting to play on the team. Even if his sons are the worst 2 of the starting 10 players the other 8 starters will be loving the perks of playing with this 2024 team. Do you think this team will ever not be at the best of the best tournaments? Do you think the college coaches at these tournaments care if the players they want come in 1st or 8th? I have watched youth lacrosse at the elite level for 15 years and every top team has a player or two that plays that is not as good as the rest. All these teams can not keep 15 studs or more happy they always want more love and leave to go find a team that says little johnny is the best around and I will get him seen. To the parents of the kids quitting I hope you like VLC its a good club hope their team is not full also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep, many of the 24s have had enough with sons playing over other people while some kids never see the field. The 22 team is good, but the daddy coach makes sure his son is always ahead of others. He has multiple son olay for madlax and is rewarded as a coach for all the kids he's delivered to madlax over the years. Basically the owner's bag man.

Yep...every offensive play runs through his son on the 22 squad. Daddy ball!

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard