BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 59 of 64 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 63 64
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that hawks are loaded with holdbacks but they are just playing the game. It will all work itself out in high school. Best thing to do is worry about your own kid and try to keep him positive while they are getting abused by the teams looking to dominant youth lacrosse.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are 2 7th graders on Crabs

Truth. They are in my son’s driver’s ed class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow,, They get to play 3 years for the eight grade Crabs team. This year, next year, and the following reclass year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big weekend for 2022's. Predictions
Friday:
91MD - 8 FCA - 3
RR - 5 Hawks - 12
Koopers - 12 API - 4

Saturday:
DC Express - 7 Crabs - 9
API - 6 FCA - 4
Koopers - 10 RR - 5
Hawks - 13 91MD - 5

I will take your bet and raise you 1

91 will get beat by FCA by 2 goals
Hawks in abother 1 goal game over RR
Koopers wI'll smack down API

DC over Crabs
FCA picks up their 2nd of the weekend
RR shocker over Koopers
Hawks smash over 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth. They are in my son’s driver’s ed class.

Very funny

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If any of the leagues or team had any balls they would post the rosters with the birth dates of the players. It is not against the rules to use a player of any age in a grade based league. Even if your little Johnny was 16 but was going to graduate in 2022 he is able to play.

Yes because it is not totally creepy to post kids names on an anonymous site for the pleasure of some lunatic troll who has nothing better to do than try to bash all of your lacrosse because his son isn't the player he wants him to be. Get a life ! Your kid will be fine and so will his holdback friends and teammates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by watchthemplay
looks like Hawks is clear leader, looking forward to trying to knock them off
Madlax - there is a team that size wise looks like they could not compete but they dont let that bother them - they are legit.
Koopers- who knows sbut should be good with blended talent from Dukes
DCE CRABS RR all tough and looking to separate from middle to the top in the next few weeks
FCA- always slow starters- wait until summer tournaments
API ??

True Hawks is the clear leader but lets not forget they are also the clear leader in holdbacks. They, and their supporters will deny this but all that know this team and the elite division know the truth. All teams in tis division have some holdbacks but not to the extent that this Hawks team has. The entire program has now made this their business model, following the long ago model of Crabs. I'm not complaining and no one else should be either, it is what it is and they are within the guidelines, a grade based league. But having a loaded roster with holdbacks gives a team a clear advantage. They are not unbeatable but to do so another team will have to play their best game of the season.

Completely unaware that people know so much about all the teams and which team has the most hold backs. Maybe those with all this knowledge can enlighten the rest of us on just how many hold backs each 2022 elite team has and the positions? No names, no numbers. And, are there any 7th graders (2023) that play up and for what team and position?

Seems this poster was correct, you are most likely a Hawks coach/parent/supporter and here you are, trying to divert attention. If you really want to know, go to games, watch the players carefully and listen to the sideline conversations. Seems you want everyone to do the work for you. I would bet if someone did supply the info you are asking for you would be back in a split second denying all that was said. Get off the couch, go to games, watch and pay attention. It isn't that difficult.

The only thing this poster shows is how bitter some parents are towards the Hawks and other clubs. How can anyone on this site talk about holdbacks and single out one team or club.Trying to bait folks into an online argument because you assume they have more because they win is childish. You do know that every team has them and for sure every club has them. NOT a Hawks supporter but to say they have more than any other team might be true but its pure speculation and speaks volumes of the people speaking it. All anyone has to do is ask their coach for a roster check from the league or any tournaments these teams are in and it will be given! I have watched them play several times and each time they where the under sized team but way more skillful. That team has a handful just like my sons team and every other team playing in the elite level. One thing is for sure is that this forum as a ton of bitterness and soreness towards certain clubs and its comical to say the least. Especially when the kids and everyone that knows these teams know the truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HEY LOSER DADDY TROLLS
Asking to post names of children and birth years on an anonymous site just to satisfy your ego is deplorable and over the top. Why don't you start with your name and you kids plus club and team. We can all use that as an example and see how that goes over

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Looking forward to tomorrows games, see if FCA can get first win, Crabs vs DC should be a great battle. Wish i could get over tonight for T91 vs Fca, thats a bitter rivalry also tonight RR vs Hawks, assume Hawks win but can RR hang?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
darn!!!!!

Stepped away for a few days and you guys are still crying?

Nothing else to talk about I guess.

Carry on.

No Excuses

I feel the same way. This constant crying by the holdback/prefirst parents and their excuses for playing down is getting old!

Why don"t make your case tonight at the field? Bring a sign and start a petition.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't see many or any other people coming on here to support your side. You have allowed this to consume you.
You ask, " why do you think your child should get special privilege"
" why is your kid special" " it does not give you special rights". These are all your quotes. I never asked for special privilege. Majority parents did pre k for academic, not knowing what would take place on whatever sport their kid might play in the years to come or what does would be in place in 10 years. I have never complained about age in rec when I thought it was odd that every other year he played against his 8- 15 months older because plenty did pre k. I just going by the league and the rules. Now you could make an argument if they repeat 7th or 8th grade to gain advantage. That is parents choice so maybe high school should say you lose eligibility if you are 19 in senior year which some do.

Like Majority of adults understand, kids develope physically and mentally at different ages. Kids 7months older but not through puberty, kids 7 months younger but have the mental toughness already are spread throughout this sport. You sound like my son did when he was just 7 and started playing and thought he could not compete because that kid is 8 months older and a grade ahead. I sat him down and explained how life works, I kept saying it's only a number and it's how you train and what's in your heart.

Keep making excuses and assuming all the kids are 15 months older,
Like I and others have said you have choices. You can find appropriate skill level for your kid but you would rather come on here and complain. Ok I have given you enough voice, I am guilty of letting you survive on here. I send others should not respond and you , I will say it again, should go talk to governing bodies and sign up to try to make a difference if you feel so passionate.

Looking forward to this week's battles in 2022 Elite division. Hope to see some upsets.

You must be a politician . You make up a constant stream of garbage when a simple question was put to you. Is it right that your child get special rights to play down while others dont in Youth sports. Common sense tells you all kids should get the same opportunity as your child. Yet you once again go off on..my son did 2 year rec and I didnt complain, He did prefirst, etc .. Just answer a simple question...Do you think it is right that your child gets an advantage others dont in youth sports and is that in the spirit of youth sports. You wont answer this simple Yes or No answer due to knowing the answer .."" of course my child shouldnt get an advantage in youth sports others dont.""

Now you are justifying it by how you train and whats in their heart! LOL.. That one I havent heard before.

Excuses?? Who said that..Only You . Frankly the biggest excuse maker on here is you. You make up excuse after excuse for a system that is wrong at the youth level.

I did let the Howard County Recreation Department HOCO know how wrong grade base is in youth sports,told him the governing body of youth lacrosse USL recommends grade base at youth, But unfortunately the person running it at that time had a vested interest in a private school holdback child. Wonder why HOCO went youth grade base lacrosse when every other youth sport run by Howard County is based on age. Keep making up excuses and telling me how consumed I am , etc. Like I told you before. You might not want to quit your day job and go into the fortune telling business.

You must be new if you don't know the history of the league. You do realize that when the league was age based that your son played with older players every other year right? If you do, does that mean that every other year it was unfair because your son was in the younger group but in the off years when your son was in the older group it was all good?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HEY LOSER DADDY TROLLS
Asking to post names of children and birth years on an anonymous site just to satisfy your ego is deplorable and over the top. Why don't you start with your name and you kids plus club and team. We can all use that as an example and see how that goes over

I agree except forget posting your name here, why don't you make yourself known at the field so we can discuss? Don't be scared.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
darn!!!!!

Stepped away for a few days and you guys are still crying?

Nothing else to talk about I guess.

Carry on.

No Excuses

I feel the same way. This constant crying by the holdback/prefirst parents and their excuses for playing down is getting old!

Why don"t make your case tonight at the field? Bring a sign and start a petition.

Great idea. Bring a sign that says - BACK OF THE CAGE CRY BABY - BRING BACK AGE BASED LACROSSE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friday:
91MD - 8 FCA - 3
RR - 5 Hawks - 12
Koopers - 12 API - 4

Saturday:
DC Express - 7 Crabs - 9
API - 6 FCA - 4
Koopers - 10 RR - 5
Hawks - 13 91MD - 5

DC over Crabs
RR shocker over Koopers
Hawks smash over 91

OK FCA Dad!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friday:
91MD - 8 FCA - 3
RR - 5 Hawks - 12
Koopers - 12 API - 4

Saturday:
DC Express - 7 Crabs - 9
API - 6 FCA - 4
Koopers - 10 RR - 5
Hawks - 13 91MD - 5

DC over Crabs
RR shocker over Koopers
Hawks smash over 91

OK FCA Dad!!

FCA FCA!!! Get Ready The Lord is our Sheppard

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
like the predictions - agree with them all although FCA gets by API by a few on Saturday. Heard FCA had a kid leave last week ..went to Crabs i think.. so maybe things are not so Harmonious over their -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
like the predictions - agree with them all although FCA gets by API by a few on Saturday. Heard FCA had a kid leave last week ..went to Crabs i think.. so maybe things are not so Harmonious over their -

Is it addition by subtraction or subtraction by addition or just shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic? Only time will tell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it addition by subtraction or subtraction by addition or just shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic? Only time will tell.

As someone in the know, definitely addition by subtraction. Absolutely zero loss or impact on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hawks will beat Roughriders today by double digits. Roughriders have been an annoying little gnat to the Hawks the last couple years. Time to smash the bug tonight

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
So if that is true and the grapevine is true why would another team like Crabs pick up such a player unless they needed depth at certain postions

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't see many or any other people coming on here to support your side. You have allowed this to consume you.
You ask, " why do you think your child should get special privilege"
" why is your kid special" " it does not give you special rights". These are all your quotes. I never asked for special privilege. Majority parents did pre k for academic, not knowing what would take place on whatever sport their kid might play in the years to come or what does would be in place in 10 years. I have never complained about age in rec when I thought it was odd that every other year he played against his 8- 15 months older because plenty did pre k. I just going by the league and the rules. Now you could make an argument if they repeat 7th or 8th grade to gain advantage. That is parents choice so maybe high school should say you lose eligibility if you are 19 in senior year which some do.

Like Majority of adults understand, kids develope physically and mentally at different ages. Kids 7months older but not through puberty, kids 7 months younger but have the mental toughness already are spread throughout this sport. You sound like my son did when he was just 7 and started playing and thought he could not compete because that kid is 8 months older and a grade ahead. I sat him down and explained how life works, I kept saying it's only a number and it's how you train and what's in your heart.

Keep making excuses and assuming all the kids are 15 months older,
Like I and others have said you have choices. You can find appropriate skill level for your kid but you would rather come on here and complain. Ok I have given you enough voice, I am guilty of letting you survive on here. I send others should not respond and you , I will say it again, should go talk to governing bodies and sign up to try to make a difference if you feel so passionate.

Looking forward to this week's battles in 2022 Elite division. Hope to see some upsets.

You must be a politician . You make up a constant stream of garbage when a simple question was put to you. Is it right that your child get special rights to play down while others dont in Youth sports. Common sense tells you all kids should get the same opportunity as your child. Yet you once again go off on..my son did 2 year rec and I didnt complain, He did prefirst, etc .. Just answer a simple question...Do you think it is right that your child gets an advantage others dont in youth sports and is that in the spirit of youth sports. You wont answer this simple Yes or No answer due to knowing the answer .."" of course my child shouldnt get an advantage in youth sports others dont.""

Now you are justifying it by how you train and whats in their heart! LOL.. That one I havent heard before.

Excuses?? Who said that..Only You . Frankly the biggest excuse maker on here is you. You make up excuse after excuse for a system that is wrong at the youth level.

I did let the Howard County Recreation Department HOCO know how wrong grade base is in youth sports,told him the governing body of youth lacrosse USL recommends grade base at youth, But unfortunately the person running it at that time had a vested interest in a private school holdback child. Wonder why HOCO went youth grade base lacrosse when every other youth sport run by Howard County is based on age. Keep making up excuses and telling me how consumed I am , etc. Like I told you before. You might not want to quit your day job and go into the fortune telling business.

You must be new if you don't know the history of the league. You do realize that when the league was age based that your son played with older players every other year right? If you do, does that mean that every other year it was unfair because your son was in the younger group but in the off years when your son was in the older group it was all good?

Yes??/ What is that supposed to mean??/ Now we have every year the same players get an advantage at being older than the oldest on age player?? At least with age two years spread, you had your day of being in oldest group.

And here is how it was in the MYLA leagues...Take U13... The A teams were loaded with second year players with occasional first year players. The following year you were the A league players if you had been first year the year before.... Got that. Your holdback apologist analogy is completely ignorant. It is actually a case against prefirst/holdbacks getting an advantage others dont.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Unless you had a late summer birthday than you hardly ever got an advantage. You were almost 2 years younger than the oldest and in your 2nd year you could be same or 10 months younger than oldest if they have sept birthday. How is that fair.. Those parents cheated the system by having planned births in sept and October.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Who won the night games? Looking for some early updates

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA beat 91 8-6
Hawk won 10-1
API lost big to koopers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hawks will beat Roughriders today by double digits. Roughriders have been an annoying little gnat to the Hawks the last couple years. Time to smash the bug tonight

.... and they're still annoying. Hawks 10, RRers 1. Gosh, that's not double digits, is it. Game was even better than the score indicates. Take away a Hawks extra man goal, 2 that followed on the heels of crap calls by an OJT ref (if he wasn't training on the job, there's no other excuse for him), and a piped shot by the RRers, and the game would have been closer still. Given their talent and ages, Hawks are the better team, should have won, and did. However, the "bug" lives!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a childish post. The gap you speak of seems to be you and many would love to smash a [ChillLaxin] like you. Time to smash your little ragged as* for a lowlife childish post. Where is the can of Raid spray when you need it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look I don’t believe in the Holdbacks . I come from old school if you are good you played up not down .But it’s not breaking the rules it is what it is . My son is always the youngest and plays elite division his birthday is August 26 . He will just turn 14 going into 9th grade . I’m not going to whine about it that is the rules . So the guy that keeps posting about Holdbacks Move On . Life is not fair it’s a good learning lesson and if your son can’t handle the elite division move to AA division still great talent in that division...Do you want a trophy because you played..

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Well at least one good game, Looks like FCA will get back to back wins as API seems to be down this year. Although sounds like RR competed and maybe closer game or better game than score showed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If only every other "8th grade" team in the league could be so lucky as to have 4 6'2" players with full chest hair, 8th grade teams might not look like gnats playing the Hawks....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hulks secret code for success C19H28O2. Every other team will naturally crack this code in the next year or so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless you had a late summer birthday than you hardly ever got an advantage. You were almost 2 years younger than the oldest and in your 2nd year you could be same or 10 months younger than oldest if they have sept birthday. How is that fair.. Those parents cheated the system by having planned births in sept and October.

I see..So since your child was born in summer and had to play against older children, that isnt fair. Hilarious! And with that reasoning it is ok for your child now to get the same advantage ( that you said was unfair ) on other children. LOL,,

You holdback/prefirst grade based apologists are hilarious. Now tell me how he did prefisrt for academics ( who knows what that has to do with Youth lacrosse) , and you played rec with two year spread , and its only 3 months difference ( that one is hilarious too , you say its 10 months with your child playing against older children, but when your child is the oldest, its only 3 months to 5 months LOL!! )

The grade based apologists better hope for a better spokesperson that you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RR, 91 and API should have moved down to AA this year so a few other deserving teams could have moved into elite.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

.... and they're still annoying. Hawks 10, RRers 1. Gosh, that's not double digits, is it. Game was even better than the score indicates. Take away a Hawks extra man goal, 2 that followed on the heels of crap calls by an OJT ref (if he wasn't training on the job, there's no other excuse for him), and a piped shot by the RRers, and the game would have been closer still. Given their talent and ages, Hawks are the better team, should have won, and did. However, the "bug" lives!

10-1.........with ref excuses and what ifs.......9 goal differential isn’t close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a childish post. The gap you speak of seems to be you and many would love to smash a [ChillLaxin] like you. Time to smash your little ragged as* for a lowlife childish post. Where is the can of Raid spray when you need it!

Another API dad pretending to be a Hawk writing garbage to try and start something. RR are a very good team and so are the Hawks. Haters are going to Hate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RR-1 Hawks 10
FCA-8 MD91 6
API ? Koopers ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son has a Sep birthday and started school a year early. He could be in 7th grade. He is 2 years younger than his classmates and some teammates (3yrs younger if you count the 4 holdbacks on his team). He has always played up. So why all the whinning? If your son is good enough he will be able to hang and standout during the middle school puberty years.

What is unfair are these HOCO games at 6pm on Friday. Horrible and unfair. It interrupts my Friday happy hour and who really wants to sit in rush hour beltway traffic on a Friday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is the child? The player who posted the original message or the stunad adult that responded?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs beat Express in OT, RM has his team in the hunt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tough breaks. HOCO should credit the Riders with a win? If Hawks we will give give those 5 goals you should have had but we will take the 7 or 8 more we could have scored if we wanted so new final 18-6.

Congrats

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You left out the part where the post was true. Maybe next time guy

Page 59 of 64 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard