Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 06:48 AM
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 06:22 AM
Girls 2025-9th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 06:04 AM
Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 12:51 AM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 12:36 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,160
Posts342,060
Members2,466
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 318 of 643 1 2 316 317 318 319 320 642 643
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #262683 04/13/18 07:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Syosset looks much better in 2nd quarter. Making it a game

Sadly they were never in the game. And that team had a lot D1 recruits. Surprised they were not more competitive.

your post is disingenuous at best and stupid at worst, I do not believe you were sad and 4-2 at half would be "in the game" -

15-8 Final.

I guess St. Anthony's cleared their bench a bit early (like 2nd period), and that allowed Syo to make it seem close at the half. Not close in the 2nd 1/2 at all.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

B_O_T_C #262685 04/13/18 08:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice Win for West Islip over Commack

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #262689 04/13/18 08:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sadly they were never in the game. And that team had a lot D1 recruits. Surprised they were not more competitive.

your post is disingenuous at best and stupid at worst, I do not believe you were sad and 4-2 at half would be "in the game" -

Joke in Syo was JC had the keys to a Turbo Charged Maserati and still couldn't win a state title. The state of affairs today, this team is a broken down Dodge Dart chugging along in the right lane. How can you expect him to "Coach Up" a team if he could never just "Coach" plus sprinkle in some conflict of interest and the season is a disaster. It will get funnier as the season goes into a stretch of real weak Conference A teams and he tries to manipulate certain kids getting points but all the while sacrificing the season because those kids won't help compete vs Pequa,Dalers or PW. The tarp is pulled off the * heap and he can't hide his crap any longer but be careful for what you wish for Syo because who would be crazy enough to take his job. All eyes are on you JC are you just going to continue the manipulation or do the right thing and prove to everyone that you are a principled coach.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #262690 04/13/18 08:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

15-8 Final.

I guess St. Anthony's cleared their bench a bit early (like 2nd period), and that allowed Syo to make it seem close at the half. Not close in the 2nd 1/2 at all.

I’m no fan of Syosset, but I thought they played great in 2nd quarter. If you think it was never a game or that SA took out the starters you didn’t watch the game. SA just better, they put it together and ran away with it in the 2nd half. Syosset had way too many bad passes and dropped balls. But a lot of physical talent.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #262705 04/13/18 10:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

15-8 Final.

I’m no fan of Syosset, but I thought they played great in 2nd quarter. If you think it was never a game or that SA took out the starters you didn’t watch the game. SA just better, they put it together and ran away with it in the 2nd half. Syosset had way too many bad passes and dropped balls. But a lot of physical talent.

Agree, if u watched the game then you know that starters were left in. Unless the big Penn State commit and Michigan commit, etc etc are not considered starters

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #262707 04/13/18 10:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess they were in the game at 1-0 and 2-0... It was close because St. Anthony's hit 3 pipes in the 2nd and played sloppy in the 2nd. But my eye test makes me stupid I guess. 15-6 when the starters were pulled with 5 minutes left. I love how everyone blames coaches also (and I have as well) not saying I am better than all. These coaches have to deal with all this craziness, God bless them. Let theme coach and support them.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #262711 04/13/18 10:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Joke in Syo was JC had the keys to a Turbo Charged Maserati and still couldn't win a state title. The state of affairs today, this team is a broken down Dodge Dart chugging along in the right lane. How can you expect him to "Coach Up" a team if he could never just "Coach" plus sprinkle in some conflict of interest and the season is a disaster. It will get funnier as the season goes into a stretch of real weak Conference A teams and he tries to manipulate certain kids getting points but all the while sacrificing the season because those kids won't help compete vs Pequa,Dalers or PW. The tarp is pulled off the * heap and he can't hide his crap any longer but be careful for what you wish for Syo because who would be crazy enough to take his job. All eyes are on you JC are you just going to continue the manipulation or do the right thing and prove to everyone that you are a principled coach.

Great analysis - totally agree.

The real joke however is that with all the Camp money and Directorship money JC collects, he actually could get himself a Turbocharged Maserati.

The joke is on you Syosset!

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #262712 04/13/18 10:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line, SA superior team. I actually thought the Syosset coach did a nice job after the disaster of the 1st quarter. But SA was just way more talented. Syosset looks like the 3rd place team in A after Pequa and Dalers. Port may be 3 too.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #262717 04/13/18 11:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear Syo Dad - there are 13 teams in Nassau A and 12 will not win the county championship but of those twelve I feel Syosset still has as good a chance of beating Massapequa as anyone, If you think that there are kids on the bench that could score better, defend better, face off better or stop the ball better then the kids out there you are entitled to your opinion but if you think that the HC is keeping kids on the bench to the detriment to the teams success I would disagree, if you think some of these kids are over hyped or not ready for varsity I can not argue with you based on the results so far but I if you think the HC is making decisions based on promoting kids I will respectfully disagree. Syosset coaching staff has never coached to win in March and April they coach to prepare the team for May and they have have a track record of being better in May than they are in March. Past teams need to be left in the past, yes Syosset has not won a State title but the '08 team and the '15 team lost to some pretty good teams and have nothing to be ashamed of. Lots of lacrosse still to be played and good luck to your son and all the boys on all the teams .

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #262719 04/13/18 11:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how the Whitman game went last night?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C #262737 04/13/18 01:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This website is a forum for the cowardly anonymous to make claims (against mainly coaches) about being unprincipled, bad lacrosse tacticians, unfair, bad motivators, political, favoring their own kid if he's on the team, immoral, evil, profiteers, lucky, or any other negative connotation. When any objective observer can see right through the jealousy and/ or lack of objectivity about the skill level of their own kid by many of the "contributors" here. On this site, if people want to prognosticate (most BOTC posters will have to google that) about the level of play of teams or who will go deep in the playoffs or post a synopsis of games, that's fine. But to level unsubstantiated claims against individuals by people hiding behind their keyboard does a disservice to the very sport we love. And to all of the bystanders who read this stuff and have no knowledge of the situations being mentioned, know that the slanderers have an ax to grind and are hardly the innocent victims that they portray.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #262744 04/13/18 02:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This website is a forum for the cowardly anonymous to make claims (against mainly coaches) about being unprincipled, bad lacrosse tacticians, unfair, bad motivators, political, favoring their own kid if he's on the team, immoral, evil, profiteers, lucky, or any other negative connotation. When any objective observer can see right through the jealousy and/ or lack of objectivity about the skill level of their own kid by many of the "contributors" here. On this site, if people want to prognosticate (most BOTC posters will have to google that) about the level of play of teams or who will go deep in the playoffs or post a synopsis of games, that's fine. But to level unsubstantiated claims against individuals by people hiding behind their keyboard does a disservice to the very sport we love. And to all of the bystanders who read this stuff and have no knowledge of the situations being mentioned, know that the slanderers have an ax to grind and are hardly the innocent victims that they portray.

Pretty spot on, I'd say

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #262751 04/13/18 03:29 PM
T
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
T
What happened to people having to register before posting? Wasn't that the direction this was going? Or was that discarded because no one would do it?

Pretty spot on, I'd say

Like Reply Quote
thegoaliesdad #262756 04/13/18 03:57 PM
M
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
M
Originally Posted by thegoaliesdad
What happened to people having to register before posting? Wasn't that the direction this was going? Or was that discarded because no one would do it?

Pretty spot on, I'd say

would help for sure. I guess the site owners have to weigh post volume vs. post quality.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #262758 04/13/18 04:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

15-8 Final.

So, let me understand...

Syosset played great in the 2nd quarter, but had way too many bad passes and dropped balls, but yet they have a lot of physical talent.

OK - got it! That all makes perfect sense.

Thx!

Like Reply Quote
Page 318 of 643 1 2 316 317 318 319 320 642 643
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard